Start by marking “Remembered (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Remembered (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #3)

Remembered

(Fountain Creek Chronicles #3)

Though loss is often marked in a single moment, letting go of someone you love can take a lifetime.

The threat of war—and a final request—send Véronique Girard from France to a distant and uninviting country. In the Colorado Territory, she searches for the man who has held her heart since childhood—her father. Pierre Girard left Paris for the Americas to seek his fortune in
Published June 1st 2007 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Remembered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remembered

Start your review of Remembered (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #3)
Anne
After struggling through Rekindled and skipping Revealed, I picked this one up since I had won it through a GR giveaway, and felt bad at having left it on my shelf for so long. It was a very poignant, moving and beautiful story, and I am so glad I finally read it.

Set in beautiful Willow Springs, Colorado, this novel is more than just a romance. It's principally the wonderful story of a courageous woman's journey to self-discovery while searching for her missing father.

Parisian thirty-year-old
(Liene)
Definitely my favorite from this trilogy!

The audio version for this one is highly recommended, I was laughing a lot while listening to it and a lot of that had to do with the story line, but a big part was also the way the narrator read it. Her accent for Véronique was perfect and she gave life to all the characters. I truly didn't even feel like I was reading, it was like a performance!

The story was also somehow the best of the trilogy for me. Maybe that's because I really liked the main char
Hannah
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Again, a forgotten review. I really enjoyed the story, partly because characters from other books make reappearances, and partly because the premise is very engaging, with two sparring individuals forced to travel together because of joint rights to an essential wagon.
But book one is still my favorite, and the one I compulsively reread on a regular basis...
Rebecca
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jack Brennan and Veronique Girard's relationship is a mesmerizing love waltz; beautiful, steady and elegant; even in the midst of coarse, dangerous, and humiliating circumstances. Their clever and brilliant repartee is some of the finest ever written, with scene after scene worthy of repeat performances, which one reason that this story will be remembered, long after the covers are closed.
Joleen
What a fun book. The two main characters were so likable. I loved the way Véronique had no clue how spoiled she was until she became friends with people who had little but had a joy beyond what she’d ever known.

Véronique's father left Paris for America when she was just a small girl. His intent was to make enough money to send for them. But somehow that day never came. On her deathbed Véronique's mother had her promise to find her beloved papa last known to have lived in the mining town of Willo
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book hovers between three and fours stars. I really liked it. One of the things I have come to adore about Alexander is that she has guys noticing girls and girls noticing guys, yet she doesn't put her characters into compromising situations for the shock value. She is one of those rare authors who truly writes as if intimacy is a sacred thing. She doesn't avoid it, but she doesn' treat it like a flippant thing that even many christian authors do.

This book isn't one for younger readers, bu
Margaret Chind
This book was the best of the trilogy. Really in this series, each book was better and better. A companion whose only thing she has ever lacked was a father goes in a forced search to find him when it seems all else is lost to her. She finds everything that she was meant to find, even when she did not realize that is what she was looking for. This story tells of patience, learning God's will and His timing, love, loss, friendship, fears, and the gift of giving. It is all around a great read.
AlegnaB †
4.4 -- I didn't think I would like this as much as the first two books in the series, since the main male character was only a very minor character in the second book, and he wasn't a character I was hoping for a book about. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed the first two.
Rachel
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the third novel of Tamera Alexander's Fountain Creek Chronicles series. As was the case with the first two books of this series, Rekindled and Revealed, this book was solidly and overtly Christian, and the themes of identity and family were essential pieces of the plot. I loved the development of the characters and the humor alongside hard lessons of this story; however, it wasn't as amazing as the first novel of the series was. ...more
Jennifer Taylor
Mar 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Description:

The threat of war and a final request send Veronique Girard from France to a distant and uninviting country. In the Colorado Territory, she searches for the man who has held her heart since childhood--her father. Pierre Girard left Paris for the Americas to seek his fortune in fur trading, vowing to send for his wife and daughter. But twenty-five years have passed and his vow remains unfulfilled. Sifting through shards of broken promises, Veronique embarks on a dangerous search for a
Julia
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
A cute book to end the series Fountain Creek Chronicles. I do think that the first book in this series is by far the best one. Book 2 and 3 are good, but not great the way I found book 1.
The interesting thing about this series is how well Tamera links prior couples from books 1 and 2 throughout all the books. Occasionally their paths cross, they help one another, and such, which gives the readers a really fun glance back at characters that are missed from prior books.
I found parts of this book
Cherie Kasper
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Tamera Alexanders that I have read. I plan on acquiring #1 and #2 of Fountain Creek Chronicles. I enjoyed all the descriptive places and scenes of Paris painted throughout the story. I also enjoyed the author's weaving in all the details of the mining towns and surrounding area in the Rocky Mountains. But, what brought the whole story together was the dance back and forth between Veronique and Jack as they spent time traveling to different mining towns. As the story unf ...more
Melissa
This was a sweet story, but I think I am a little tired of this author and her writing style. I should never read 6 books in a row by the same person. She does do a very good job of making each story unique and the love story's are so sweet. I like this one a lot. But the preaching got to me even tho this is not over the top. I liked Jack a lot but Veronique had to grow on me, but as she changed and grew I liked her better, good job by the author:} These are adult romance books, that are clean.
Marilize
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Liked it.

Just goes to show, that sometimes, when you think something is impossible, God will show you that NOTHING is impossible for him.

Also that God has someone special intended for everyone, even if you're not looking for that person.
Courtney Clark
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Though it’s been a while since I’ve read this one, I do remember it was my favorite of the series. I particularly remember some interesting freight wagon rides. My favorite part of this story was Véronique because of her determination and unique immigration perspective.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Aug 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
This is the third book in a Christian novel series, set back in the late 1800's in Colorado Territory. This one has a great ending.
Rose Dee
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the Fountain Creek Chronicles. I first read this book years ago, and have re-read it several times since. Now - THAT'S a good book.
Linda Barnett-johnson
All three books were fantastic.

I recommend them all. Loved the characters and the storyline in each book. Love her work. Will read her other books.
Megan
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Veronique Girard's is not a wealthy woman. But she's been the companion to someone who is. So growing up she's always had all she could ask for and more. But now her mother is dead,and her dying with was that she go to America and find the Father that had left them years ago when Veronique was just a little girl. With the threat of war now in France, Veronique does as requested and goes to the last place her father mailed a letter from. Fountain Creek, Colorado Territory. Once there she hires a ...more
Cindi
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
There was something special about this final book in the series. The characters really spoke to my heart. They were very realistic yet certainly had their flaws.

I was satisfied with the whole story and especially the ending. There were some really great lines that will stay with me. My favorite is this quote.
"He made a conscious decision to allow God to turn all that hurt into something good. Certain talents, perhaps nonexistent before the trial, or maybe waiting to be unearthed by it, now comm
Bailey
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Of the books in the Fountain Creek Chronicles, I enjoyed Remembered the most. It was mostly because there was no automatic negative and vile assumption about the female lead by the male lead. Therefore, we didn't have to go down a path of overcoming their incorrect accusations and listening to their boorish inner monologue. Veronique and Jack are both wonderful characters to follow around. There is a lot of fun French culture and language incorporated into the story. We get to hear more of the i ...more
Teresa Griffis
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to the Fountain Creek Chronicles. Got a little glimpse at characters from the first two books.
After the death of her beloved mother, Veronique reluctantly leaves France to search for her father who came to America to be a miner when she was very small. She has a general area to start her search, and the letters her dad had sent her mother. So she comes to Willow Springs to begin her search and goes to the livery looking for transportation.
Jack Brennan is finally moving on
Melissa
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Remembered is a great ending to the Fountain Creek series. I really enjoyed reading Veronique and Jack’s story. It is intricate and moving. I love how you meet Jack in the other books and feel like you “know” him before reading. I can’t believe it took me this long to read these books since Tamera is one of my favorite authors! Her books never disappoint!
Nancy Reynolds
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Third/final book in Fountain Creek Cronicles series. I think this may have been my favorite of the three. They were all great stories. I enjoyed the setting and getting to know the characters - and the way the earlier stories from the series were touched upon. I will be reading other books by this author.
Jodi Deters
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written, good pace, excellent narrator.
This story takes you on a journey of a young woman’s growing faith in God and learning humility. Set in the 1800s in the mountains of Colorado. (Young Adult/Adult readers)
Deb
Really enjoyed this story. A young women comes to Colorado from Paris France to find her father. I have to wonder would I do that and how would I fare? Our favorite characters from the first two books are in this book also. Wish there were more books in the series.
Jessica Phipps
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book of the series and I almost didn’t read it because I struggled to finish the second book. The story line fell together at perfect times without having to struggle through all the side stories. I really enjoyed this book.
Sandi
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Would give this a book a 3.5! An easy read and very wholesome!
Barb Wittwer
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful book

I've been needing a good book for some time. This fills the bill if you want adventure, romance and inspiration.
Amy
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I wish there was another series to go along with this & Timber Ridge Reflections! I love her characters & their stories! I would love to read more about all of them! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 10:47AM
The Twist 2 9 Aug 30, 2012 04:08PM
Paris and her bridge 3 9 Apr 28, 2012 07:01AM
favorite scene 2 7 Nov 21, 2007 09:34AM
a familiar character 1 7 Nov 21, 2007 09:00AM
Prairie 1 1 Nov 21, 2007 08:59AM
Is there a particular incident in your past that has had a profound influence on how you view life? 1 3 Nov 21, 2007 08:59AM

• Hearts Made Whole (Beacons of Hope, #2)
  • The Doctor's Lady
  • Love's Awakening (The Ballantyne Legacy, #2)
  • To Win Her Heart
  • A Tailor-Made Bride
  • A Bride in the Bargain
  • Undaunted Hope (Beacons of Hope, #3)
  • A Noble Groom (Michigan Brides, #2)
  • Searching for You (Orphan Train, #3)
  • A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of Boston, #2)
  • The Colonel's Lady
  • Love Unexpected (Beacons of Hope, #1)
  • Rebellious Heart
  • A Worthy Pursuit (A Worthy Pursuit, #1)
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
  • Captured by Love (Michigan Brides, #3)
  • Unending Devotion (Michigan Brides, #1)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
Tamera Alexander is a USA Today bestselling author and one of today's most popular writers in the inspirational historical fiction genre. She and her husband live in Nashville, Tennessee, not far from the Southern mansions that serve as the backdrop for six of her award-winning novels.

Fountain Creek Chronicles (3 books)
  • Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #1)
  • Revealed (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #2)

News & Interviews

“sometimes it’s the one thing we’ve never had, but have wanted for so long, that has the power to disappoint us the most.” 0 likes
“How intricate were the stitches with which God was weaving the tapestry of her life. And how often did the blessings therein exact a price more dear, and further reaching, than she would ever comprehend this side of eternity.” 0 likes