Start by marking “Hellboy: Odder Jobs” as Want to Read:
Hellboy: Odder Jobs

Hellboy: Odder Jobs

(Hellboy Novels)

As part of the ongoing Dark Horse celebration of Hellboy in 2004, Christopher Golden (author of the Hellboy novels The Lost Army and The Bones of Giants) has brought together a stellar array of talents to further the Hellboy canon. Lavishly illustrated by creator Mike Mignola!
Contents:
Introduction / Frank Darabont;
* The Brotherhood of the Gun / Frank Darabont;
* From an Enc
Published October 5th 2004 by Dark Horse Books (first published June 8th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Hellboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hellboy

Quentin Wallace
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great book of Hellboy short stories!

A few standouts in this volume:

Brotherhood of the Gun by Frank Darabont (Yes, the Walking Dead producer): This is a Hellboy Weird Western tale, and since I am partial to Weird Westerns, really enjoyed this one.

Down in the Flood: Great story mostly focusing on Abe Sabien

The Vampire Brief: Great humor story

A Full and Satisfying Life: Ray Garton spins this tale of Hellboy Vs. a Manticore

Tasty Teeth: Featuring the tooth fairies from the Hellboy Movie

These
Vicky
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
Timothy Boyd
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know you have created something really good when other writers and artists want to contribute to the stories of your character. Hellboy is a character and this collection of stories from some of the industries top talent showcase the character and his universe in new and interesting ways. Very recommended
Dawn
Jul 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror-mystery
I liked this volume of Hellboy stories much better than the first. This group of writers seems to have a better handle on the characters. There was also a much greater ratio of hits to misses for me than the first book. The first story in Odder Jobs, The Brotherhood of the Gun, is so enjoyable that it has found a special place in my heart amidst my other Hellboy all-time favorites such as Pancakes, the Corpse and the Third Wish.
Craig
Jun 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
In this second collection of Hellboy/BPRD stories, editor Christopher Golden gathers together an edgier and better group of stories than appeared in the first volume that explored Mike Mignola's world. This volume also features Mignola illustrations with the sixteen stories. Lots of fun; Hellboy rocks!
Lynda
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Better than prior volume. Always a problem when you have multiple contributers.
Joe Lambert
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was still wonderful, but overall did not grab me like the other anthologies. There were definitely some very high highs and I would still recommend it to any fans of the character or fans of pulpy, short horror stories.
Cindy
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Robert Hudder
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Part of a reading jag that I didn't record.
David
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book very good.
Willow Redd
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Here we have the second collection of short stories involving Hellboy. This time there is an introduction and story from Frank Darabont (the story is one of my favorite of the lot), along with another group of fantastic storytellers getting the chance to play in Mike Mignola's sandbox.

Along with Darabont, there are stories from Tim Lebbon, Thomas Sniegoski, and Guillermo del Toro adding a prose tale to his other Hellboy works. Author Charles de Lint even crosses over his own characters from his
Jenna
Jun 23, 2008 rated it liked it
As with any assortment of short stories, some are better than others. If you like the series/movies, give it a read.
Angie
Mar 18, 2009 rated it liked it
For those lovers of Hellboy these short stories really fun.
Kathy Davie
Aug 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sci Fi, Action
Great read!
Tera Nikolaos
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not so sure about the few stories at the beginning, but got better towards the end. I'd say that 'The Vampire Brief' was probably my favourite from the collection.
Bill
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Anything that takes me into the Hellboy/BPRD universe again is a wonderful, wonderful thing. These short stories by various Hellboy-fanboy authors are a hoot. More Odd Jobs, please!
Yael
Nov 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Hellboy RULES!
Dony Grayman
Libro de la Colección Brainstorming que traduce el sergundo Odd Jobs de Hellboy.
Susie Steadman
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I love Hellboy.
Kevin Farrell
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a great collection of stories. Hellboy fans really need to get this book.
Babs
Jun 14, 2016 added it
Shelves: fantasy
FALSE
Zombiejohn
Sep 08, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hellboy
Odder Jobs and odd jobs are great collections of short stories rather your a fan of Hellboy, or if your lookn for someoff the wall action horror.
Ben Weaver
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
As a fan of Hellboy, I feel like I can never get enough from the comics and collections I get my hands on. As my first journey into the novels, this collection of short stories did not disappoint.
Amos Edana

• Hellboy: Weird Tales, Vol. 2
  • Hellboy, Vol. 9: The Wild Hunt
  • Hellboy: The Companion
  • Hellboy: The All-Seeing Eye
Christopher Golden is the award-winning, bestselling author of such novels as The Myth Hunters, Wildwood Road, The Boys Are Back in Town, The Ferryman, Strangewood, Of Saints and Shadows, and (with Tim Lebbon) Mind the Gap. Golden co-wrote the lavishly illustrated novel Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire with Mike Mignola, which they are currently scripting as a feature film ...more

Hellboy Novels (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Hellboy: The Lost Army