Start by marking “Luca & Marcel (Hostile Takeover #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Luca & Marcel (Hostile Takeover #0.5)

Luca & Marcel

(Hostile Takeover #0.5)

Will his temporary PA turn into something permanent when they land in Vegas?

When billionaire hotelier Luca Bernardi discovers his trusty assistant can't come with him on an important business trip, he panics. Thankfully, she calls in a backup. Only... she was a little under the influence of heavy narcotics when she made the call... and when the temp shows up wearing sequin
Published October 12th 2021 by Lucy Lennox (first published October 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Luca & Marcel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luca & Marcel

Start your review of Luca & Marcel (Hostile Takeover #0.5)
Snjez
Oct 23, 2021 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 46%

Almost halfway through and I still can't say I know much about the characters, except for their mutual instant attraction. Their personalities, their dialogues and the storyline in general feels a bit ridiculous, to be honest. It's not what I'm looking for in a story.
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Oct 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Luca & Marcel is book #0.5 in the Hostile Takeover series by Lucy Lennox. I’ve been so looking forward to the first book in the series, Hostile Takeover and this was the perfect introduction.

In this book we meet Luca Bernardi, billionaire hotelier. He is a workaholic. He is single and devotes all his time to his business. He relies heavily on his assistant, Jillian, to help to keep him from making rash decisions while visiting possible investments. Like this trip, going to Vegas to visit a hote
Meags
3.5 Stars

This prequel shorty was just the sweet and sexy little number I needed in my life today, to joyfully pass a bit of time and effortlessly put a smile on my face.

With an amusing set-up, featuring a zany but short-lasting case of mistaken identity, this story served as a lovely intro for Lennox’s upcoming novel, Hostile Takeover.

It’s insta-love on crack, but I was happy to throw reality to the wind to enjoy Luca and Marcel’s meet-cute romance. ❤️
Sheri
Nov 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Sooo, this was fun! Short and sweet with a dash of spice. It was fairly “insta” but still left me smiling. I’m interested in the next book…guess it did it’s job! 🥰
Nelly
Oct 21, 2021 rated it it was ok
2.5 meh stars
alyssa
Nov 23, 2021 rated it it was ok
okay now i understand the gripes. i love novellas and short stories for the ease of consumption, but it’s pretty jarring to go from 0 to 100 with any and all inquisitive “getting to know each other” conversations happening off page. a single sentence mentioning they spent the whole night talking and 💍 in ~two days isn’t it 🤣
Joeシ
Oct 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, age-gap, poc-bipoc
A cute, insta-love intro to Lucy Lennox’s new series.
“As soon as you stepped on that plane… my heart flopped around in a way I’ve never felt before. You… you’re magnetic. Funny and confident. Beautiful and easy to be with. I want more of you, so much more.“

Brief Summary

Luca & Marcel is the introduction to the Hostile Takeover series by Lucy Lennox. It follows Luca Bernardi, a multimillionaire hotelier who panics when he discovers that his assistant, Jillian - whom he depends heavily on - has a
Vanna
4 sugary-sweet stars!!! ❤️ Short and cute prequel to Hostile Takeover . Marcel and Luka's story is too short to actually get much insight into their characters, and I think LL wrote this to introduce her new series. It is a very Vegasy 😉 story, but cute nevertheless. A fast read, it took me about an hour to finish it.👍 👍 ...more
Amanda
Oct 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
This freebie novella is so cute and funny. Is very short with insta-love, but it got me laughing from page 1. I wish there is another 100 pages of Luca, the adorably awkward tycoon and his sassy (not) PA, Marcel.
Gustaf
Oct 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Short, ridiculous and lacking any sort of substance, you have to fully go in to a state of suspension of disbelief to enjoy this. But it was fun and I did enjoy Luca and Marcel together.
Cadiva
Oct 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ridiculously fun prequel

I don't know how Lucy Lennox does it but she absolutely pulls off the most instant of 'instalove' romances I've come across.

It started life as a weekly newsletter serial building up to the release of Hostile Takeover but it works as its own sweet story and now I can't wait to see Luca and Marcel in the that book.

Just a super fun read.
Heike
Luca needs a temp personal assistant, and after some talking with his PA he expects a mostly fake PA who also put out in bed- *ouch*

Sweet sweet sweet but a step too far for me. Since this romance is only 75 pages anything else I say here is a spoiler, so let's just leave it with insta-attraction going to insta-love in a heartbeat.
If someone can shut their brain off completely and just go with it, ignoring how completely unbelievable both characters and the conclusion is, it's probably a really g
Dan
Oct 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coming-oct-2020
I loved Marcel's snarkiness and wit! Now on to Hostile Takeover book 1. Due out Oct 26thhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5... ...more
Liya
Oct 13, 2021 rated it liked it
Likable MCs, humor, good start. And then super rushed ending. I understand that this is a short story but I still expect it to be balanced
Debra
It was ok, there just wasn't much to it. ...more
haletostilinski
⭐︎2.75 stars!⭐︎

This was alright. Luca and Marcel were okay together. Luca was very cute (although, which super wealthy person - who got that rich on their own in the business world - is that cute and sweet and stutter-y? Idk) and sweet, and Marcel was kind but tough.

But things happened way too fast between these two. They did the whole get married in vegas thing after a day of knowing each other, but...sober? And we don't even get to see it, just them the next morning and Marcel freaking out a
Camilla
Oct 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
A short sweet, sexy and fun read.

The book sets the premise for the first book of the series where we are introduced to the mysterious billionaire Grey Blackwood and Ellison York.

Excited to read Grey's story! Wonder what Lucy Lennox has in store for us with this new exciting series.
Alexandra
Nov 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
A short fluff

This is a short, sweet fairy tale with a billionaire and a temporary PA in wegas… you can guess the story right?
Kim
Oct 18, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 stars…A sweet, funny, hot little short for Luca And Marcel finding what they needed when they least expected.
Amy B.
Oct 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
This was…a weird little serialized short story in which nothing really developed. Like, things happened but there was no feeling or humor and anything to it, so it was basically an outline.
Rich guy needs a temporary PA for a business trip to Vegas after his loyal assistant breaks her leg. He then mistakes his temp PA for a sex worker, they correct the misunderstanding, have sex, and then cut to the next morning where they’re married and convinced this will last forever because of the stellar co
Heather
Yikes. If this was supposed to entice me to read the next book in the series, it really, really didn't. I haven't read a book by this author in a couple of years, but I didn't think the writing was this bad then? ...more
Zizie
Oct 27, 2021 rated it liked it
2.7 stars rounded up to 3.

I really liked the MCs. It was funny, sweet and had an adorably awkward meet cute but the last 50% was more telling than showing and a rushed ending. However, it was still an enjoyable read although I’m not fully satisfied. But it served its purpose coz now I’m salivating for Gray’s story!!
Coco.V
Oct 12, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on Apple iBooks today (10/12/2021)! 🎁
Julie
Oct 15, 2021 rated it liked it
When will I ever learn that novellas just aren’t my thing?? Marcel and Luca were adorable and needless to say it definitely left me waiting anxiously for Hostile Takeover.
Amy
Oct 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud worthy

A case of cringe worthy mistaken identity leads to an insta-love happily ever after! When Luca mistakes Marcel for a sex worker instead of an ACTUAL PA, it sets off a hilarious yet awkwardly sweet weekend full of love and HEAs. His PA has a broken leg and can’t go with him on a business trip so she asks a friend to fill in. The only problem is there were also slurred words about sexy PAs who were there for a different kind of work, so his confusion over Marcel is a little un
Cyndi
Oct 16, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a fun little precursor to Hostile Takeover, which I'm really looking forward to reading this month. I loved getting an episode each week through Lucy's newsletter. It was easily digestible and gave me something to look forward to. I absolutely adored both Luca and Marcel and their quirky personalities, but this was waaaaaay too insta-everything for me. Being that it was just a short prequel and the quickness of their relationship was acknowledged as batshit crazy, I was willing to cut t ...more
Shannon
Luca & Marcel was a fun little quickie- prequel to Hostile Takeover.
When you look up opposites attract in the dictionary I think you just might find a photo of these 2! Luca is the adorable clueless successful businessman and Marcel, the sassy, tells it like it is, temporary, but not quite, PA. This was a definite case of insta-love, but that's okay, sometimes it's just what you need in life.
KP (The Brunette Bookworm)
Oct 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2021
This was a sweet and sexy insta-love story, and the perfect teaser for the full-length Hostile Takeover novel. Novellas can be hit or miss or me, especially if this is my first introduction to the characters. It can been pretty challenging for an author to make me invested in a love story in only 50 some pages. But, Lucy Lennox manages it brilliantly. I love a grumpy billionaire (in books) as much as the next person. But, an adorably awkward one? *swoons* These two are fantastic together and now ...more
Beth
Oct 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
cute, sweet, short story prequel

Looking forward to reading the first book in his series after this sweet prequel. There is just enough enticing information dropped about Grey to whet my appetite. And I’m so curious about Marcel working for him.

His meet cute story of Luca and Marcel’s meeting is a quick fun read. It was entertaining and has me looking forward to more of these characters.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pick Me (Sunday Brothers, #1)
  • Off Limits (Secrets Kept, #1)
  • Dearest Malachi Keogh
  • Bad at Love
  • Frat Wars : King of Thieves
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Try, #3)
  • Puck Drills & Quick Thrills (CU Hockey #5)
  • Never Stay Gone (Big Bend Texas Rangers #1)
  • Holigay
  • Drilled (Four Bears Construction #7)
  • Dirty Slide (Dirty Players, #1)
  • Heal (White House Men #7)
  • The Best Wedding Ever (CU Hockey #5.1)
  • Encore (Famous, #4)
  • Stubborn Boys (Perfect Boys #3)
  • The Underdog (Better With You #3)
  • Firefly Lane (Briar County, #1)
  • Forbidden: King (The Four, #4)
See top shelves…
I write M/M romance with humor, heart, and heat. Check out my backlist here on GR for a selection of series and standalone or visit www.LucyLennox.com!

I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Hostile Takeover (1 books)
  • Hostile Takeover (Hostile Takeover #1)