Start by marking “Off the Market at Christmas” as Want to Read:
Off the Market at Christmas

Off the Market at Christmas

The saying goes that nice guys finish last.
The more accurate statement is that nice guys and nerds finish last.
We don’t get the girl. We don’t get the happily ever after. Even if it is the one thing we’ve asked for from Santa Claus this Christmas.
So when Presley Dawson comes back into my life after twenty years, I don’t even try. What’s the point? As a Nashville Fury ch
ebook
Published December 9th 2021 by CWR Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Off the Market at Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off the Market at Christmas

Start your review of Off the Market at Christmas
M.E. Carter
I have a huge beef with Chelle Sloan.
I had a ton of stuff I had to get done on Friday. A bunch of errands and chores.
Did I get them done? No. No I did not. Because I kept thinking, "Just one more chapter. I just need to know what happens."

In all seriousness, this was exactly what I needed for Christmas. It was fun from the beginning!
Shirley Penick
Jan 03, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Geeks rule

Loved seeing two people with secret personalities come together in this second chance romance. Best friends in grade school make for comfortable lovers many years later.
Chelle Sloan
Dec 09, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Off the Market at Christmas is now available! 99 cents on Amazon or free to read with Kindle Unlimited!
Peggy M
Although this story is part of the ‘Nashville Fury’ series, it can perfectly be read as a standalone Christmas story because the main characters are both ‘new’ characters.

‘Off the market at Christmas’ is a sweet, novella length Christmas story about Gavin and Presley who were best friends during their childhood but then lost contact with each other. And now twenty years later they meet again during a Christmas event at the children hospital, both are there for their work. Presley, as a Nashvile
Booklover Judy Lynn
#Holiday #FriendsToLovers #OppositesAttract

This is a perfect quick holiday read and now I want to read all twelve days of Kissmas. This is written in first person from an alternating dual POV.

Gavin is a fantastic nerdy hero. he is intelligent, sexy, a little shy, with the best heart. He wants the dream of a wife and family but has trouble finding women who accept all of his nerdy self. Presley is a cheerleader for thee Nashville Fury who has a side to herself that she doesn't share with very man
Amy Morgan
Finally! Gavin's story is told

I have been waiting for this story since I read about his date with Bethany in Off Track. It was well worth the wait! I loved the shy guy with the nerdy side and the outgoing girl taking charge. This may have been a short story/novella, but Chelle packed it full of all kinds of treats, just in time for Christmas, too! I really loved the surprise run in with Bethany and Sadie, his grandpa, all the supporting characters. I just can't say enough about this. Books like
Tara
Dec 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was the most perfect sweet, nerdy romance between Gavin & Presley! These two will have you swooning so hard! The chemistry between them is explosive! All the time they’ve missed while separated, fades away as they pick up right where they left off. It’s such a beautiful coming together, and the happiness you feel from them while reading their story is contagious! I really hope to see more of them in the future. Grandpa was the BEST! He’s a hilarious old coot, always chasin the ladies!

One t
SCBookAddict
Dec 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
I'm already a fan of Chelle Sloan's Nashville Fury and her short story Off the Market at Christmas has me ready to go back!

This was a such a cute, easy to read story.

Gavin and Presley are opposites and yet they aren't.

They haven't seen each other in 20 years and the connection is just as strong as it was back then. There's just one problem. They both have a secret they fear will ruin their chemistry.

I love Chelle Sloan's writing and can't wait to she what she has up her sleeve next!
Crystal
Dec 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely perfection!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU / UNIVERSAL

Gavin cannot believe his eyes - his childhood crush and friend, Presley, is right in front of him, looking even more beautiful than ever. His friend is trying to get him to make a move, but he knows that Presley is far out of his league, just as she was when they were kids. Nashville Fury cheerleaders do not go out with nerdy guys like him. Or do they? Perhaps they do when they have their own nerdy side that they don't tell anyone else. Perhaps this Ch
Deb
Dec 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I jumped at the chance to read this series, because well there are some of my favorite Authors in it as well as a few new ones that I can promise I will be reading more of. Well thought and put together. Thank you for allowing me to review these wonderful books.

Boy meets girl, they become friends over the summers and now time span twenty years later…

Gavin works in the audit department at Pittman and Dean, he is a great guy. I love his nerdy side. Presley is a graphic designer, and a Fury cheerle
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Gavin is the perfect combo of nerd and hot man….plus, the man is just downright swoony! Seriously perfect. Presley is also a closet nerd (which I totally love), but also super caring and sweet. Her and Gavin grew up spending summers together as kids and Presley was always the one wanting to break the rules and get in trouble, where Gavin is the opposite and was the good kid. Now, its been twenty years since they have seen each other…

I loved the instant connection between Gavin and Presley. They
Neeru Rana
Nov 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Nerdy Christmas Romance!!!
Presley and Gavin make you swoon with their sweet love which makes you crave for more. A love story which is twenty years in the making.
As they say opposites attract and they couldn't be more opposite and similar at the same time. As they both have secrets of their own. Will their love be able to survive the secrets or it will them stronger??
It's a short fun read.
Gavin might be a shy introvert but he is a perfect nerdy book boyfriend 😁😍.

I received an ARC copy
Angie Schexnaildre NOLA504nerds
This is an honest review for an arc received.

Nerds Unite! This book was such a sweet surprise. Gavin works in the internal audit department at a bank. He’s got the whole Clark Kent vibe going: tall, dark, and handsome with black framed glasses! Yes, please!

Pressley is the typical girl next door, who just so happens to be a professional cheerleader for the Fury. Both of these characters grew up spending summers together. When, by pure happenstance, they run into each other while bringing Christma
Tina
Dec 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! Gavin is what I would call an underdog. He underestimates that he has what it takes to be a hit with the ladies. He sees himself as a nerd. Persley is the girl that he has had an eye on since childhood so when she resurfaces he can't help but want to take a chance on her again but will he freeze up again? Or will Presley help him regain the confidence she always thought he had. This book was a great escape from my typical reads and I loved their chemistry from the start. Not t ...more
Biggs_bookshelf
Nov 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hello hallmark movie in the making! Seriously this book would make the perfect Christmas movie. An adorably sweet nerd who’s afraid to put himself out there because he’s been rejected one to many times. A professional cheerleader that just wants to be loved for her on the field persona and her off the field persona. I love this story line. It’s so sweet but fun at the same time. And can I just say…. I absolutely adore grandpa.
Bibliophile  Chloe
Nov 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I wish this was a full story and not just a novella!

This quick holiday treat is going to grab you and cheer for the underdog!

This story of Gavin and Presley is sweet and steamy and all the things you love in a Chelle Sloan romance story! I loved visiting the world she created with the Nashville Fury!

I love how both Gavin and Presley had sides to themselves that they were afraid to show and they were perfect for each other!

Well done Ms. Sloan!
Holly
Dec 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is so dang cute.
Presley and Gavin were childhood friends. 20 years later they meet, Presley is a football cheerleader and Gavin is a banker. They are completely opposite but are they? They both have another more dorky side.

I really loved these characters. Presley is a risk taker and Gavin is way more reserved and timid. They are so sweet together. I would love to see these characters in another book.
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Dec 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
I love it when the geeky guy gets the hot girl and they live happily ever after! Gavin is the hot nerd next door. He’s adorably sexy and when he see’s his childhood friend Presley twenty years later, his crush roars back to life. No worries because Presley is feeling it too! An enjoyable, read in one sitting, holiday romance, I’m giving Off The Market At Christmas the judy.ann.loves.books stamp of approval, TBR and Enjoy!
Erin
Nov 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2021
Quick little read with some Fury people making an appearance. Gavin and Presley have a history dating back 20 years. They stumble back into each other’s worlds and fall back into the feelings they had all those years ago. Both a still single, for the same exact reason, but are worried to tell each other why that is. Such a cute, fun, and Christmasy read.
Jill Baker
Dec 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am so, so happythat Gavin got his own book! Not only that, but he got his happily-ever-after, AND it was with his childhood best friend. Melt my heart! Humorous, sweet, steamy, and downright page-turning, I devoured every single word of Off the Market at Christmas. My recommendation? Click it now and read it. I bet you will enjoy it just as much as I did.
Michelle Duncan
Super cute opposites attract

Oh my word I loved this! I LOVED this opposites attract story. The nerdy boy and cheerleader babe was such a fun story. I love how these two didn’t waste time on past hurts and how their friends were pushing them to be truly themselves. It made me giggle, smile and swoon. What more could I want in a quick Christmas novella?!

Amazing job Chelle.
Lorey
Dec 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging! This is my first Chelle Sloan book. It won't be my last. This novella was wonderful. A perfect Christmas read. I loved Gavin and Presley's story. Their story is well-written and paced. It's an all-around feel-good story. I enjoyed the dialogue between these two characters back together again after several years. Do yourself a favor and read this charming story. ...more
Katy
This book (novella? It's only 101 pages) was so freaking cute. I did not see the twist at the end coming at all but oh the cuteness! I can't handle it!
The sex wasn't anything to write home about the actual story was just delightful. I'm absolutely adding it to my annual Christmas reading shelf.
HO HO HO.

Melissa
Nov 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! Gavin and Presley were a perfect couple, and I loved how their story came together. The love story was sweet, satisfying and romantic. Each of them has a little secret, and the reveal of those secrets is fantastic! And now I'm going to have to read Off Track again, where Gavin was introduced. ...more
Amanda Owens
Dec 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was the CUTEST Christmas 🎄 Novella I've read in a very long time! Presley and Gavin were a match made in "dorky" heaven!
If you're looking for a cute short Christmas 🎄 read, then you won't need disappointed. 🎄🎅🏼🤶🏼
I received an ARC for an honest review. ♥️
Tori Fox
Dec 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The perfect Christmas novella.
Everything about this book was so gosh darn adorable. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I read. And the ending was just... *chef's kiss*

Don't think about reading this one, just read it!
Desiree Kaslavage
Dec 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Miss Chelle Sloan. My favorite character was definitely Grandpa.
I love that they were both "geeks".
I really enjoyed the Off The Record cameos also.
Would definitely enjoy more of this couple 😉
Kathleen A Matthews
Chelle Sloan does it again

Fun short Xmas read with some spice. Right up my alley. Looking forward to checking out the others books in the series to see if I pick up any new authors to follow.
Janal Chu
Dec 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this

I found this book off tiktok, and while it was shorter than I liked, I wanted to keep reading about Gavin and Presley. Loved that you could really relate to how the characters were in real life.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lumber Snack
  • Bachelor #10
  • Secrets and Mistletoe (12 Days of Kissmas Book 1)
  • Under the Thistle-toe (Twelve Days of Kissmas, 11)
  • Stuck at Christmas
  • Hot Mess Christmas Express
  • It Must Have Been the Mistletoe
  • A Christmas Tart
  • A Very Pierced Christmas
  • Delay of Game
  • Merry Christ-Mess: Friends to Lover Romance (12 Days of Kissmas)
  • Second Chance Vow
  • Knotty or Nice (A Filthy Dirty Christmas)
  • Unwrapping His Package
  • Step-Santa
  • S.I.L.F. Santa I'd Like to F*
  • Santa's Baby (A Filthy Dirty Christmas)
  • XL Candy Cane (A Filthy Dirty Christmas)
Known for her witty sense of humor, Chelle Sloan is a former sports reporter who recently completed her master's degree in journalism, and is now putting that to good use — one happily ever after at a time.

An Ohio native, she’s fiercely loyal to Cleveland sports, is the owner of way too many — yet not enough — tumblers and will be a New Kids on the Block fan until the day she dies. She does her be