Start by marking “1000 Places to See Before You Die Traveler's Journal (Travel Journal)” as Want to Read:
1000 Places to See Before You Die Traveler's Journal (Travel Journal)

1000 Places to See Before You Die Traveler's Journal (Travel Journal)

Inspired by the roaring #1 New York Times bestseller, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die Traveler's Journal is perfect for giving--it's specially designed for people who love to travel and want an elegant place to record their experiences. Scattered throughout the journal are traveler's lists ("Unforgettable Destinations for the 'Been There, Done That' Crowd"and "10 Experi ...more
Unknown Binding, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2005 by Workman Publishing (first published 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about 1000 Places to See Before You Die Traveler's Journal

Luis
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: travel
Patricia Schultz does a marvelous job of accumulating an exhaustive list of many of the most interesting, serene, and beautiful places on our planet. Her format is user-friendly and simple yet not low-brow. You will treasure this book and guests to your home will find it remarkable.
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good perspective and way to plan your travel itinerary
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Travel Mavins
Recommended to Lisa (Harmonybites) by: Ultimate Reading List - Travel
This 1,200 page book isn’t the kind of book you read through--it’s more one you browse. Subtitled “a traveler’s life list” it has entries for those 1,000 choice places around the world, complete with places to stay, to eat, attractions and tour operators and their websites, phone numbers, and current prices. What I looked at is the recent 2011 second edition--the first edition was published back in 2003. Schultz writes that she considered the second edition a revision that she considers “an enti ...more
Sophie
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
My big problem with 1,000 Places to See Before you Die is that one thousand is such an unwieldy number. I have a similar problem with lists like "100 Things to do in New Delhi" or "50 Restaurants to Try in Paris." When there is no curation, you might as well pick up an atlas and randomly select a destination. In other words, the book seems to recommend *everywhere* as a must-see destination, and, though it would be nice to travel everywhere before you die, it's highly unlikely. So as an advice b ...more
Христо Блажев
“1000 места, които е добре да видите, преди да умрете” – отидете тук, там… навсякъде

За първи път ще пиша анотация на книга, която не съм чел изцяло, но този великолепен том не е и предназначен за изчитане. Сред над 1200-те страници са пръснати стотици прекрасни места, малка част от които са известни, но май всички са заслужили мястото си измежду хилядата най-важни туристически дестинации в света.

Авторката Патриша Шулц е писала редица пътеводители, но тов
Lisa
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
I found some places in England and Israel that I'd like to visit. Maybe New Orleans, but this book is missing some places in Missouri and Southern CA. I didn't like the listings of hotels in it. Unless it's a VERY famous hotel. Don't list it.
Tina
Aug 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: travel
I love books like these. Full of descriptions and photos of beautiful, exotic, and sometimes remote places. Good for fantasizing about where you'll go once you win the lottery, and good for planning that next road trip and finding hidden wonders in your backyard.
Matt
Jul 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this from my daughter for Father's Day 2008. As a guy who likes to travel, it will provide me a place to keep my travel memories. It was a pretty thoughtful gift and one I will use the rest of my life.
Katy
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic guide! Makes you really motivated to see the world! I even ended up staying at a hotel right across from one reccommended in the Costa Rica section--couldn't have been happier!
Caitlin Woodworth moncrief
Good list. Probably impossible for most people to see all of the places, but definitely a resource for vacation planning!
Julie Christensen
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the best gifts, and have used it many times
Leslie
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not thorough.... and some things super touristy. But it will get you thinking and off the couch.
Joe
Jun 12, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I received the book for Christmas a few years ago. So far, I think I've visited 10 of 1000. I'm working on it...
Toni
Feb 14, 2010 rated it did not like it
the places i have already been to presented in this book are more the average main tourists centers of a city. i hoped it would be more like a insider guide.
Cori
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer2013toread
Marking all of the places I have been in green.
Checking all the places I haven't been in red.
daniel dirnfeld
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice book.
Electra
Aug 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Great gift!
Kathryn Michaels
Jun 22, 2007 rated it really liked it
It's fun to dream. I took great pleasure in writing my initials by every one of the 1000 i had been to...
Jean Grant
Nov 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really disliked the emphasis on rich hotels. Hey, poor people travel too. The title is better than the book, but it's marvelously organized. Fun to read.
Kathryn
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Inspiring, but incomplete
Lavender Dreamer
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
An excellent book to read over and over again!
shan
May 11, 2011
Evelina
May 23, 2012
  • Suomesta, rakkaudella / From Finland with Love
  • Sock Knitting Master Class: Innovative Techniques + Patterns from Top Designers
  • Sirocco
  • Prague in Black and Gold: Scenes from the Life of a European City
  • Maria & José
  • Around the Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful, Creative Edging Designs with Charts and Instructions for Turning the Corner Perfectly Every Time
  • Bazaar Style: Decorating with Market and Vintage Finds
  • What Is the Name of This Book?
  • Uppo-Nalle (Uppo-Nalle, #1)
  • Nan Goldin
  • Sinun jälkeesi, Max
  • Lapsenpiika (Syrjästäkatsojan tarinoita #2)
  • Photos That Changed the World