Start by marking “After the Party” as Want to Read:
After the Party

After the Party

The last thing Peyton Young expects on New Year's Eve is literally crashing into the lead singer of her favourite local band, Forever July. Chase Reid knows her name, that she wrote the not so flattering blog post about his band, and he wants her opinion on their new song. Their exchange, while brief, kindles an unlikely friendship and opens up Peyton to new friends and an ...more
Published November 1st 2021

To ask other readers questions about After the Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Party

Start your review of After the Party
Cristina LeMay
Oct 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC on book spout for an honest review. This is not what I call a burning of the pages type book and I do like those books. I'm a burning of the pages type girl, but this book really hit me in my feels.
This book is about two young people who have had major traumas in their life that affected the way they see themselves and how music brought them together. It showed how when you surround yourself with the right people they can uplift you and give you the strength to c
Gheorghe Zamfir
Jan 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet little novel. If one was ever into the Punk, metal, emo, screamo scene, this will strike a chord.
The romance is there but in a subtle way. It almost builds up but isn't blatant or smutty.
There is even a sexual tension between the female players, but never an overt outpouring.

This is a classic beach read.
JamJam
Dec 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this novel. The character development was great, really got to know each character. I liked how Peyton developed throughout just becoming more sure of herself and her choices.
Can’t wait to read what else A. K. Ritchie writes in the future!!
Ben Rose
Sep 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
From her adept way of dealing with abuse to her on point portrayal of a woman dealing with the resulting trauma and trust issues, the author clearly knows her subject. Her knowledge of the underground music scene is also superb.
The facile and non-ostentatious way of presenting sexuality and gender is also a boon to this novel.
A great read for a day at the beach, or curled up by the fireplace during the holiday season. This is a must read.
Jennah Sobevski
Dec 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After the Party had me hooked from start to finish! I couldn’t help but develop a crush on Chase right along with Peyton. I love that this book has a range of diverse characters that are well developed and deep. Peyton is such a strong MC and its so good to follow her journey. I can’t wait to read more from this brilliant first time author!
Brianna
Oct 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Payton and Chase meet on New Year's Eve when Chase accidentally bumps into her. Chase is a fan of her blog and would love to talk to her about his music. They become friends and slowly she starts to break out of her comfort zone. Through him she makes more friends and an unexpected new career path! Both are struggling with their feelings for each other as they are both in relationships. Payton didn't have a great childhood and struggles to read situations properly and sometimes this causes issue ...more
Krystal
Dec 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Congratulations on your debut novel! I loved it! I felt myself relating to the main character and I loved reading how she grew as a person throughout the novel! I loved the ending, it left me wanting more!!
Tryingmybest
Nov 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Do you like reading about relationships? Do you enjoy character growth? Are you okay with reading about tough situations? Do you think including music makes a story more enjoyable?

If you said yes to one or more of those questions, I think you should give After the Party a try!
This was an enjoyable read that I could disappear into. I’m glad I gave this new author a chance.
Phil Warner
Nov 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After The Party is a really well-written story of a small town main character moving to the big city to build her own life. Ritchie does an excellent job of introducing each character to the reader to the point where you really feel like you’re getting to know each individual. It has excellent scene description and foreshadowing without giving too much away. The is a well-done debut novel for Ritchie!
Mrs E C Britton-Farnsworth
Oct 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
A captivating storyline with real life issues and music seen which make it more relatable story. With interesting characters and and a enjoyable read. Can two people come together and get over past demons and push for a future together?

S.M. Bush
Oct 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was a pleasure to read. A.K. creates a vivid world of characters that you can't help but fall in love with and relate to. The perfect mix of friendship, music, and romance, After the Party is a must read. ...more
Emma Hardy
Oct 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
A great mix of music. love and so much more. A pleasant read.
Kelsey Bent
Nov 10, 2021
Ashley
Sep 28, 2021
A.K. Ritchie
Sep 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marie Meyer

• The Long Game
  • The Den of Sin
  • Her Secret
  • The Magic Touch
  • Yinka, Where Is Your Huzband?
  • A Terrible Kindness
  • Love
  • Wayland Babes
  • Sisters Behaving Badly
  • The Little Christmas House (Hopley Village, #2)
  • Stranger
  • Sherlock Holmes & the Singular Affair
  • Daisy Chain
  • Meredith, Alone
  • The Cranberry Inn
  • The murderess
  • Wonderland: An Anthology
A.K. Ritchie hails from a small city in Ontario. She loves writing contemporary fiction with a focus on Romance and Coming-of-Age stories. The music she loves influences most of what she writes.

When not writing in coffee shops or curled up in her bed scrolling through social media, A.K. Ritchie likes seeing live music, spending time in nature, going on road trips, meeting new people, and trying to

News & Interviews

In her debut novel, Black Cake, Charmaine Wilkerson wanted to explore family secrets. “Sure, every family has things they haven't shared,”...