Start by marking “Easy Tarot Handbook” as Want to Read:
Easy Tarot Handbook

Easy Tarot Handbook

Created especially for beginners, the Easy Tarot kit is the easiest way to learn to read Tarot cards. In the Easy Tarot Handbook, author Josephine Ellershaw shares tips, shortcuts, and time-saving techniques gained from more than thirty years of experience reading Tarot cards.
Using the beautiful Gilded Tarot deck, you'll learn how the seventy-eight cards link to one anothe
Published May 8th 2007 by Llewellyn Publications (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Tarot Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Tarot Handbook

Bladestryke
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this as a set along with the cards themselves. The book was an easy read and very detailed. She explained things simply and thoroughly. A
Great start for anyone looking into tarot! Side note, the cards that came with them are beautiful!
Angelique Simonsen
loved it. liked how it teaches.
Amanda
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting insights into tarot. Comes with a beautiful deck (gilded tarot by Ciro Marchetti)
Lisa
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clear, simple explanations for the beautiful cards (Ciro's deck) that came together with my purchase. The imagery is beautiful as everything that Ciro creates. The author of the handbook gives easy to read and understand explanations for the cards. She does not use or include reversals, however, in her book. There are simple instructions for the beginner as well in getting to know your deck and starting to use it. The size of the book makes it easy to tuck into your purse so you can pull it out ...more
Kaki
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent tool for beginners looking to learns the foundations of Tarot. I think this text does a wonderful job of offering you the basic information you need to have a working knowledge of the Tarot that you can then expand and play with as you choose. I did the whole book, as instructed, and was able to complete my first reading fairly confidently. I did find myself looking into other interpretations of the major arcana as I became more comfortable with the work and wanted more deta ...more
Kathy Trueman
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good book for beginning tarot readers, and a fine freshener for more experienced ones. I haven't yet begun the steps in the book (had to wait for some items to arrive), but I appreciate Ms. Ellershaw's basic idea, to familiarize yourself with the cards as you personally understand them. Once I finish, I anticipate being able to do a reading without ever having to open a book to learn the meaning of a card.
Julia
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this tarot deck
Mariea Coady
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great help and written well,easy to understand .
Suzanne Wallick
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!! Ms. Ellershaw made reading and understanding the tarot so easy for me....so much great information in clear and concise writing....I would recommend it to anyone who was beginning to learn about reading the tarot cards. It's best to also use the beautiful Guilded Tarot deck (Ciro Marchetti) with this book, as that is the deck she uses in the book to explain the cards.
Shay
Mar 02, 2010 rated it liked it
I read this about 8 years ago and then again recently and I had to change my 2 stars to 3. This book approaches beginning tarot in a very easy and comprehensive way. I don't read professionally, just recreationally and for friends and family if they ask nicely, but I got the bulk of my information from this book. It does a very good job of giving you all the basics and showing you how to be a thoughtful card reader who is emotionally in tune with the cards and their meanings so as to give the be ...more
Lareina Lani
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm a fanatic at buy and collecting tarot cards over the years, then feeling guilty because I'm told they're evil then throwing them away, only to buy the same ones Again. Now I ignore all those ignorant comments from people who try to stop me buying things I love. While I'm not a fan of the book in this set and think the INstant Tarot reader is a good book for beginners or when you're lazy like me., I do LOVE the designs of this deck. They are gorgeous. I don't use the book nor like it, especia ...more
Gunita Zaube
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
I thoroughly recommend reading and working your way through the Easy Tarot Handbook written by Josephine Ellershaw. It is well written, comprehensive, and easy to understand. Josephine writes in a very warm and informal manner, sharing her expertise and knowledge as she guides the reader through the learning format of her Tarot technique. If you want to learn how to read the cards, this book is an indispensable addition to enhance your study skills in this subject.

I would highly recommend this p
Christine
Mar 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2007, divination, tarot
The Guilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti features a unique and gorgeous blend of real person photography and digital art components. It's one of the most visual decks I have yet to see. This kit is a brilliant combination and for a fantastic price!

This box set certainly deserves its name and definitely lives up to it. The kit features a book, The Guilded Tarot deck, a breathtaking layout sheet of the Celtic cross spread, tips, shortcuts, sample readings and so much more. Buying this kit would be a so
Carole Faul
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
I really, like this set of cards. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous, and the colours used are stunning! The instructions are clear and easily absorbed. I laughed with glee when I got this set.
Angel
The three stars apply to the book. The cards in the deck, which are the Gilded Tarot deck by Ciro Marchetti, are definitely 5 out of 5 stars. You can buy the card deck individually, but if you are starting out, this is a pretty good set overall.
Nicole
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good intro book, but she needs to go more into depth about how cards are aspected and the relationship between adjacent cards, in multiple spreads.
ChaChanna Simpson
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: curious
If you are interested in learning Tarot, this is a stellar set to get you started. You get the book, beautiful Gilded Taro cards and some diagrams of spreads. I highly recommend it for any beginner.
Melissa Falgier
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was fine. No big deal. Nice artwork. This book doesn't jive for me. You have the artist and then the author seems seperate.
Alison
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Easy to follow and understand, the cards that come with this book are beautiful!
Jessica
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, tarot
I had searched everywhere for a nice deck. These are the second best I have seen so far. The book is easy to follow and gives good tips on how to memorize and learn the cards.
Sandra
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
excellent book.. will be re-reading this a few more times to cement things in my head..
Debmilan
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
An amazingly beautiful deck and easy to understand handbook .
LaTonya
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-age
Easy to read, wish it had the stories/journeys.
Shawn Martin
Companion book to the deck. Very clear definitions, explanations. Reversed positions were not discussed.
Katherine Draconis
Jan 18, 2017
Jhoira
Dec 09, 2012
Ashleigh
Oct 23, 2017
Justin Hodder
Aug 03, 2011
Goodreads Librari...: Please add page count! (And maybe cover?) 3 11 Jun 11, 2017 05:49AM

• The Steampunk Tarot
  • Shadowscapes Tarot
  • Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation
  • Tarot for Writers
  • The Mythic Tarot
  • Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners
  • Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question
  • The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads
  • The Wildwood Tarot: Wherein Wisdom Resides
  • The Way of Tarot: The Spiritual Teacher in the Cards
  • Random House Webster's American Sign Language Dictionary
  • Three Early Modern Utopias: Utopia / New Atlantis / The Isle of Pines
  • Book of Poisons: A Guide for Writers
  • The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot-Ever!!
  • Darkside Zodiac