Start by marking “By Sin I Rise: Part Two (Sins of the Fathers, #2)” as Want to Read:
By Sin I Rise: Part Two (Sins of the Fathers, #2)

By Sin I Rise: Part Two

(Sins of the Fathers #2)

A fatal bond that was never meant to be.

Marcella gave Maddox the impossible choice, and he chose her.
Still, she wonders if Maddox is ready to commit to a relationship, or if he’s scared of losing the uninhibited freedom his biker lifestyle offered him.

All his life Maddox knew who his enemies were, but suddenly he’s at a loss whom to trust. Will he ever find a place in Marc
Published December 15th 2021

To ask other readers questions about By Sin I Rise, please sign up.
Urvi Cora realized she couldn't fit their story, everything she had planned and more, into just one book so she divided it into 2 books.…moreCora realized she couldn't fit their story, everything she had planned and more, into just one book so she divided it into 2 books.(less)

Start your review of By Sin I Rise: Part Two (Sins of the Fathers, #2)
moretomary
Dec 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Man, this hurts my heart so much to say this but honestly, dude WTF.

I’m struggling to understand why this had to be split into two books. Part one and two totally could have been condensed down to one decent sized book.

Marcella and Maddox’s relationship just wasn’t a vibe. There was nothing about them that made me swoon, absolutely no chemistry and the sex scenes fell flat for me.

I had expectations for Marcella and this story. I envisioned a boss b*tch stomping through NYC clubs with red botto
 ⚔Irunía⚔
Marcella: Wait. Down. Bed. Sit. Off. Come. Drop it. Out. Place

Maddox:

Marcella:
Now kneel. 😌

Me when I got to the sex scenes:

Zoophilia? BesTiaLity?? PUp plAy??? — the lines were blurring. Not my scene, but I saw it through to the end. ✌🏻

My primary thought was that Marcella should have been more patient, not pushing Maddog too hard. Also she was too parsimonious with rewarding him for being good. If I were Maddox, I'd change the owner.
joanna {romance loving pisces}
Sep 16, 2021 rated it did not like it
struggling to understand why this needed to be in two parts when the first book was so short ???

dnf'ed @ 31% - sorry, can't do it anymore ... the Cora Reilly shine has well and truly worn off
deleted user (hiatus)
Shelves: 2021, 1-star
pls if this was the book of Luca's daughter, author's favorite character, i don't even want to think about the others 🙂

- i'm so annoyed, what the fuck was that ending? i wanted a hero, not a poodle
TheBookPlatypus
Dec 09, 2021 rated it it was ok
I don’t even wanna talk about it.
I think I’m going to sit here till release date and side eye all of these other ARC reviews. 😏😒🤔

Update. Not even really a review. I’m just disappointed.

Unfortunately I think I’m going to stop reading Cora Reilly books. I have not liked the last few books that she has put out. This book was agonizing to get through. There was no reason to make this story a duet. The second book dragged on so badly. It should’ve been one nice sized book.

The relationship between M
Amy Falcone (amybooksaddict)
Dec 13, 2021 rated it did not like it
Since Cora announced the second generation kids getting their own stories, I have been so thrilled to get into them and inside this incredible mafia world Cora created.

By sin I rise pt 1 wasn't her best work, but I did like it. Now this part two, what the hell is this ma'am?

This whole book is a huge mess for so many reasons. To start of, I didn't feel the chemistry between the characters, so how I am supposed to believe in their romance? Their conversations felt flat to me and the steamy scene
raven
1 (bc gr don’t allow me to give it less) / 5 ⭐️

Let’s start:

1- I’m still asking myself why Cora Reilly thought it was necessary to break this book in two parts. The first part was shallow and meek and the second one was even shallower and meeker. The only reason that I see is her favoritism towards Luca.
Everybody who follows her knows how she favors Luca, how she try to put his character everywhere and praise him like a God. Shame, cause he is not. There are faaaar better characters.

2- I though
☽ mira
1.5⭐️

“You’re in my head and heart, and I can’t be without you.”

this whole book is literally just marci deciding if she wants maddox or not. saying i hated this couple is an understatement. it is a HEA. also contains aria's pov.

part 2 was definitely slow. i mean the writing was just DRAGGING. the first 80?100? pages marci and maddox weren't even together. nothing was happening. then they reunited and jesus christ you can just imagine the way amo, luca, and matteo acted. like a bunch
Hiba ✰
Dec 15, 2021 rated it did not like it
No words. I do not even understand how did Cora came up with this?? Maddox even changed name for marci. Like how many sacrifices do an outsider have to make to please the vitiello? I am worried for poor Greta now.
Anushka Sharma
Sep 16, 2021 rated it did not like it
After reading part 1 I know this book is going to be shit. Mark my words
Agnes ♡ A_RomanticBookWorld
“A life without Marcella was a torture I didn’t even want to consider.”

Full review:

1.5 stars— it pains me to say this, because I've loved each and every book Cora has ever written so far, but I didn't enjoy BSIR part 2.

I adored part one, Marcella and Maddox's chemistry was everything. And I guess the fact I loved the first book so much is partially to blame for not loving book two as much. Because I had such high expectations, it was difficult for them to be met.

I just felt like Maddox
mila
Dec 17, 2021 rated it did not like it
Reasons why she did this in 2 parts: she's broke and knew someone was gonna buy it anyway.

I don't have much to say about the plot because I skimmed a lot trying not to fall asleep, so 2 things only:
1. Why everytime Marcella talk to Aria she seemed to be talking to a maid and not her mother?
2. CR definitely wasn't done humiliating the mad dog in the first book and here she literally said "hold my drink, I can embarrass him a little more".
[PickyReader™ SemiHiatus®]
Hope Maddox finally gets Mad in this and actually owns his "Mad dog" nickname.

Sabhyata  Sahu
Sep 13, 2021 rated it did not like it
I don't know what to say. I'm loyal to Cora Reily even after Savio, Adamo and the other two books being bad. I still look forward to her books and I'll definitely be reading this in one night. Giving myself a red eye and even darker dark circles.
A five star with a hope that you release this book sooner, because I'm dying to read Amo and Greta's book.
Anne
Dec 14, 2021 added it
tilmorning
Dec 14, 2021 rated it did not like it
Honestly, wtf was the point of this book? I wanted angst. I wanted violence. Steamy shit. Didn’t meet my expectations at all. Mad dog who? More like good dog. I absolutely loved Luca’s book so much and was by far more entertaining but this was one big flop. Not even sorry. Cora is completely destroying this world, ugh. It could have been soooo much more action packed, a lot darker considering the revenge theme and a little more twisted. But no. This was all sweet and shit. I skipped through more ...more
Julia
Dec 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.25⭐️

I legit could not put this book down because I needed to see Marcella and Maddox getting their happy ending! I really enjoyed this book because we finally got to see these two falling in love and adapting into having a relationship. I loved seeing them deal with hardships together and remaining there for each other.

Marcella is a badass and I really liked what she did this book so she could be respected, being a women is not a weakness and that’s what Marcella showed the mafia during this
C.K.
Sep 18, 2021 rated it liked it
I think By Sin I Rise could have maybe been one book, but longer. However, I did like getting more scenes with the Vitiello’s and Growl...

I didn’t think the story was terrible. However, I felt that more could have been done with it. I think there were missed opportunities.

I'm not crazy about the book cover for part 2.

Maddox

The story starts off around where it left off. It shows what Maddox has been up to and why he hasn't returned. He had some loose ends to tie up. The MC had money hidden in
Jenny
Dec 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, made-me-swoon
Marci and Maddox are the hottest couple. She is feisty but not annoying like Gianna and he is one hot dirty biker. Loved this second book more than their first book! Glad we even got a sweet epilogue. Also so glad we saw Aria and Luca again. My number one couple.
R I A
Dec 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
By Sin I Rise
Part Two

ARC received for an honest review.

The conclusion of Maddox White and Marcella Vitiello story. From the first book we are left wondering where does the couple’s relationship will follow after the harrowing incident. In this book, Maddox has a lot of things going on and needs to settle after betraying his MC Gang, while Marcella is dealing with her own internal struggles after the kidnapping and trying to appease her family with her choices.

Maddox shined in this book, he was
Lucia
Dec 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
2⭐

I recieved an ARC in an exchange for an honest review.

So, uhm I don't know. I'm dividied on this one.

There were parts I liked and parts I really didn't.
So, this is a continuation of Marcella's and Maddox's story. You have to read part one to understand.

Anyways:

1. I get what Cora was trying to do and after some of her questionable heroines, it was necessary. The execution though wasn't really the best. I understand that we were supposed to get this badass, strong heroine, in a sense we did. S
Sofs
Dec 08, 2021 added it
Well. This was fast. RTC
Bruna
Dec 15, 2021 rated it did not like it
This was painful. Again, I don't think disappointed is the right word because after everything I didn't have any high hopes. But I thought that if there was hope of one good book in the next generation series, it would be Marcella's. Because she is clearly the favorite, daughter of Luca, the author's favorite.

And look, I don't think there is nothing wrong with an author having a favorite characther. But at this point in Cora's mafia world, it's too much. Everything is about Luca. Even his daught
Court Small
Dec 11, 2021 rated it liked it
I hate to say this but BSIR is my least favourite Cora Reilly book.
The continuing story is ok BUT for me it has no edge, no darkness, no violence, no angst, I found this book quite soft and dare I say it 'hearts & flowers'
Marcella grew as a character and did so with class and grace but I was expecting more from Maddox, he gave up everything yet there was no inner turmoil, no second guessing - Mad Dog turned out to be a puppy.

Others will still enjoy this book but for me it fell short of my expec
Mia
Dec 14, 2021 rated it did not like it
Paragraph three starts actual review. It has taken me a couple days to write this because what started as a fun thing I told my friend I would do with her, has turned into me just hating this series. I alternate between being infuriated (Remo and Danilo's book) and bored (all the other ones) with some bright spot of characters (Nino and Val).

I do not believe in attacking the author, only the critiquing the work but I have to wonder if the author surrounds herself with sycophants because that is
Melanie (mells_view)
”Everyone who’d come to see my fall would see me rising from the goddamn ashes. I was my father’s daughter.”

***This is a critical 3 star review.

Look… I’m rating this book for what it is and not what I wanted it to be. It’s a resolution/conclusion to Marcella & Maddox’s story. Do I think this needed to be two parts? Probably not. Alas, it is two parts and I think both were decent-ish.

I don’t know what to say other than that. There were parts that I enjoyed and that’s what gets the three star rati
Chloe
Dec 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Even after all this time, I’m still obsessed with Luca and Aria Vitiello…

Full review soon!

—————

By Sin I Rise Part 2 by @corareillyauthor 🔥

Out December 15th…

Gah, I’m in love. So in love with this family. I didn’t think I could love Luca and Aria Vitiello anymore than I did before - but it’s official, I really really do🥺

I absolutely loved part 1, and so it’s no surprise that I feel no different about part 2!

Marcella Vitiello is a POWERHOUSE. God is A woman, guys. I’m obsessed with her - seriously.
Liana Diaco
Dec 15, 2021 rated it it was ok
Mandy
Dec 15, 2021 rated it it was ok
One star for Valerio Vitiello and the other for the Vitiello family because everything I liked about Marcella in the previous one went down the drain
lady d ⚡️
Dec 14, 2021 rated it did not like it
I knew I was going to be disappointed before I read it, but this was so predictable, boring, unnecessary with repetitive plot points and thoughts. GROWL WAS THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER. The man hardly speaks but when he does it has more value than any of these other dimwits in the books. Seeing Gianna and Cara briefly was a highlight. Marcella was one of the most immature annoyingly wishy washy heroines I have ever had the displeasure of hearing her thoughts. The constant thoughts about her tattoo a ...more

• Deceitful (Rules of Deception #1)
  • Filthy (The Five Points' Mob Collection, #1)
  • Gothikana
  • Empire of Sin (Empire, #2)
  • Freed (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian, #3)
  • Empire of Hate (Empire, #3)
  • Empire of Lust (Empire, #4)
  • Sugar Daddies
  • The Naked Fisherman (Fisherman, #1)
  • God of Malice (Legacy of Gods, #1)
  • Empire of Desire (Empire, #1)
  • Collided (Dirty Air, #2)
  • Dotted Lines (Runaway, #5)
  • A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men, #5)
  • Aftereffect (The Order of Ravens and Wolves, #1)
  • Scartissue (The Order of Ravens and Wolves, #2)
  • Happenstance (The Order of Ravens and Wolves, #3)
  • Two Kingdoms & One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #3-4)
See top shelves…
I'm an author of romance and new adult novels. I'm a lover of good food, wine and books, and I'm hopelessly addicted to bad boys (in books).

If you are a fan of audiobooks, many of my books are already available as audios:

Join my reader's group on Facebook: Cora's Flamingo Squad

If you want to be notified of new releases and cover reveals, AND get the occasio

Sins of the Fathers (4 books)
  • By Sin I Rise: Part One (Sins of the Fathers, #1)
  • By Virtue I Fall (Sins of the Fathers, #3)
  • By Fate I Conquer (Sins of the Fathers, #4)

News & Interviews

Longtime readers of thriller and mystery novels often get hooked on a particular series. It’s a good system for everyone involved. The authors...
“Love doesn’t exist in a void, it has to withstand outside influences, some of which won’t be in its favor. Love isn’t always enough.” 0 likes
“Returning to an ex-boyfriend only because one couldn’t be alone or to soothe a broken heart was the worst option.” 0 likes