Start by marking “Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates (Sebastian Darke, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates (Sebastian Darke, #2)

Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates (Sebastian Darke #2)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  367 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Sebastian Darke, his opinionated buffalope, Max, and the fierce fighter Cornelius are heading to the bustling port of Ramalat to embark on a perilous sea journey. They are ready to risk their lives in search of the fabled lost treasure of the pirate King, Captain Callinestra. But first, they must make it through the dark and mysterious forest of Geltane and
survive an encou
Published April 14th 2009 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sebastian Darke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sebastian Darke

EmmaB
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly fluff of a sequel. There's nothing wrong with it (and a lot right): Max's grumbling buffalope and Cornelius the brave are back with Sebastien; there's some dark magic, and some scary eel shark things, and a castaway, and a beautiful young captain, and obstacles to overcome, and treasure found and lost. There are more adventures to be had. I'm not sure there is more to learn about the characters. I think I'll have to leave the other sequels for another lifetime...
Hazel West
Jul 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Thoughts on the Overall Book: I thought it was a good book, it wasn't great, but it wasn't the worse thing I have read either and I did enjoy it. It was a classic adventure story, and if it was a bit cliché, than that is just typical of the genre, so I'm okay with that.

Characters: Sebastian, Cornelius and Max are a fun trio, and again typical of the adventure genre. I enjoyed their banter and how they interacted with each other. I also liked Jenna a lot, though I was afraid she was going to be o
J.M. Cornwell
A motley crew of adventurers on the trail of hidden pirate treasure and danger.

Sebastian Darke is a half-elf, half-human whose father bequeathed him the family business: itinerate Prince of Fools. Sebastian unfortunately has no talent for jokes or juggling, as his last job proved, but he does have a talent for getting in the way of trouble.

Heart-broken and on the way to Ramalat to hire a ship to take him, his cantankerous buffalope, Max, and the fierce Golmiran warrior, Cornelius, to sea to fi
Yunita1987
Akhirnya buku Sebastian Dark kelar juga dibaca, sepertinya butuh waktu yang lama untuk membaca buku ini. aku bingung apakah karena ceritanya yang gak terlalu menarik perhatianku atau karena niat membaca sedang berkurang..hehehe..

Buku ini ternyata buku lanjutan alias buku kedua. Tapi sepertinya setiap buku memiliki pertualangan yang berbeda sehingga jangan khawatir kalau belum membaca buku pertama tapi sudah membaca buku keduanya, seperti aku ini,,hehehe

Dibuku ini, Sebastian bersama dengan teman
Miss Ryoko
Dec 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I really am enjoying these books. Sebastian is still sort of nerdy, though I also wonder how all the ladies swoon over him (like Cornelius wonders). Oh well, guess he has some sort of charm the women pick up on ;)

I really wish Jenna had a different name because it doesn't really fit her character. I can't decide what her name should be (unusual for me in these sort of situations) but I didn't think Jenna fit her at all.

The ending surprised me a bit. I was expecting somet
Ira Book Lover
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suka...petualangan lautnya keren. Meskipun si Sebastian Darke ini tampaknya bukan tipe pahlawan favorit saya. Lemah terhadap wanita dan perlu banyak keberuntungan. Tapi saya suka sama sifat Sebastian yang sangat menyanyangi Max.

Di sini Sebastian, Cornellius dan Max berpetualang mencari harta karun di sebuah pulau terpencil. Masalah pertama mereka temui saat melewati hutan dimana ada penyihir wanita cantik yang jahat. Masalah berikutnya terjadi di lautan di mana dengan kapal Sea Witch yang dikapt
Stef Rozitis
It was ok, reminiscent of Geoffrey McSkimming. Plenty of jokes and mucking around and dialogue that is supposed to be witty. The female characters are active and capable but all beautiful and all sexualised in reference to the main character (yawn of tedium). I would love a book like this with female characters that were equally active and capable but not attracted to or attractive to the main character and not always descibed so much in terms of beauty and slimness.

It didn't suck. Read it if yo
Ala
Jun 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was slightly better than the first one, although I'm not sure I liked tge ending as much. The witch's character seemed like an afterthought, even though she was present at the beginning. It added a little tension, but she should have been treated differently, ie. as more of a main character. I still love the main characters, despite their few flaws. I also love that in each book (so far) there is a strong female character. I found that somewhat lacking in the books I read as a kid, the ...more
Rumput Bergoyang
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, punya
Kali ini yang lebih sering bertengkar dengan Max adalah Cornelius, membuat saya ketawa pukul-pukul bantal bacanya. Dan Sebastian... oh, demi gigi Shadlog! Yang di kepalanya, nyaris di seluruh perjalanan petualangan mereka, cuma diisi dengan perempuan cantik, perempuan cantik, dan perempuan cantik. Setelah hatiku cukup remuk di buku pertama? Yang benar saja! (meskipun kebanyakan bukan karena "kehendak"nya sih...)
Heather
I REALLY enjoyed this one, actually more than the first. I was trying to decide if I would simply recommend this one to a friend or if I would say read them both. I think read them both, because then the characters' relationships and personal motivations and group dynamic will make more sense. But the plot in this one was much funnier to me, and I really liked it. The characters are absolutely hilarious and really feed off of each other really well. I will be recommending this one!
  • Samuel Blink and the Runaway Troll
  • Drawing a Blank: Or How I Tried to Solve a Mystery, End a Feud, and Land the Girl of My Dreams
  • Stealing Death
  • You've Got Blackmail
  • Pirate Emperor (The Wave Walkers, #2)
  • Landon Snow and the Auctor's Riddle (Landon Snow, #1)
  • World's End (Phoenix Rising, #3)
  • The Ratastrophe Catastrophe (The Illmoor Chronicles, #1)
  • The God of Mischief
  • The Feckin' Book of Everything Irish: A Gansey-Load of Deadly Craic for Cute Hoors and Bowsies
  • Shine
  • Never Trust a Dead Man
  • Timecurse (Darkside, #4)
  • The Man on the Ceiling
  • No Other Story (Whole Nother Story, #3)
  • Auschwitz
  • The TOON Treasury of Classic Children's Comics
  • Sølvhesten (Katriona-serien, #1)
Philip Caveney was born in North Wales in 1951. The son of an RAF officer, he spent much of his childhood travelling the length and breadth of Britain and spent several years in Malaysia and Singapore.

He attended the Kelsterton College Of Art where he obtained a diploma in Graphic Design. Whilst there, he became drummer (and latterly vocalist) with rock band, Hieronymus Bosch.

After leaving college
More about Philip Caveney...

Sebastian Darke (4 books)
  • Prince of Fools (Sebastian Darke, #1)
  • Sebastian Darke: Prince of Explorers (Sebastian Darke, #3)
  • A Buffalope's Tale