Start by marking “Takedown” as Want to Read:
Takedown

Takedown

Mellie

I was not a gambler. No way. I’ve built an existence free of risk and adventure. From my career to a small life with my closest family. I was not going to do anything to jeopardize my heart. But when my neighbor and number one menace to my safe plans showed up in Vegas, I did what every adventurous (not!) woman would do. I got drunk and married the man.

Adam

What happe
Expected publication: October 29th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Takedown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Takedown

Start your review of Takedown

Pages: 410
Audio: N/A
Kindle Unlimited: Yes

STORY

So I am not even going to lie. I thought I would have gotten Colt’s story next but wooo sahhhh… I can wait; I thought he was so yummy in Takeover what little we saw of him.

This was a very laid back read that follows the author’s blueprint of romance, a bit of laughs, family and friends. I d
✨R I A✨
Oct 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
They say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right?

Mellie woke up one morning snuggled beside someone, she noticed a ring in her finger and a marriage certificate on the bedside table! The most shocking of it all is that the man she’s clinging to is her neighbor, Adam! Shocked and in denial, what’s a girl like her do? She bolted and went home!

Adam woke up without his new wife beside him, he was mad because his new wife was gone! Unknowingly to Mellie, her new husband won’t let her runaway. He c
Rosie
Oct 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Real Romance Lovers
10 Stars!

Adam Flynn,
the brother of Ethan Bradford (Takeover) gets his story and it has everything you want in romance--everything ... all the feels! Prepare yourself to laugh and cry!

That is ALL ... for now ... LRTF ... soon.
Qiana Groves
Oct 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Vegas seems to be the headquarters of bad mistakes, and things are no different in this book. Takedown is an accidental marriage romance that introduces readers to characters Mellie and Adam. After attending a friend’s wedding, Mellie and Adam decide to have some nuptials of their own. At the start of the book, Mellie sees the rings on her fingers and immediately flees, as if running will make her accidental marriage dissipate. "'It can't be real,' I whisper. I pull the ring off my finger and ex ...more
Amy J
Oct 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Yes! She did it again! Evelyn made me fall in love with this amazing group of family and friends in Boston.... sigh.

This is a fantastic enemies to loves story full of surprises, twists, turns, relationships and most of all love. Mellie is so relatable. I can see her relating to a lot of readers. Strong, Independent, yet a little scared and unsure. She worries, she's loyal, and loves those important to her without question. She navigates her way through her new crazy life like a pro! You'll love
Isha Coleman
Oct 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Takedown proves to be one surprise after another. From familiar faces to spicy romance and emotional reveals, Sola reminds fans why her characters are hard to resist. Adam and Mel are an unpredictable mess that keep readers guessing and hearts invested until the very end.
CLorraine Kibler
Oct 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Each book by Evelyn Sola that I have read, I declare that THIS book is the best one yet! Ms. Sola ups the game with each and every entry. Her most recent book, Takedown is so complex and so deeply layered that it delights, entertains, soothes, twists the heart and spirit and poignantly bonds with the reader. I could not put it down until I had read every word. Mellie Dupree and Adam Flynn are legacy characters from the Crave Series and Takeover, respectively (we never meet Adam in Takeover, but ...more
Reading  In the  Red Room
Oct 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Adam is a vice principal with a dysfunctional family history. His way of handling his dysfunction is just ignore it, it might eventually go away. Adam rents an Apartment from his friends Jason and Alex. Adam has a major thing for Jason’s sister Mellie. Mellie lives with her brother Jason and his wife Alex and adores her niece. When a trip to Vegas turns out to be more than Adam and Mellie expected all heck breaks loose. This was a cute quick read but wow did I not like Mellie. I found her to be ...more
Jackie Forquer
Oct 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Never boring! Always full of family drama that had me hanging on to find out what was going to happen this time. Takedown is a well written story of true love found in the midst of dysfunctional families.
As a teen, Mellie over hears her mom putting her down in comparison to her big brother and doctor, James. Hating her mom and even her brother for a while, she's determined to make it on her own by watching every penny. Adam was rais
peggylovesbooks
Oct 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
At first I really did not like Mellie...oh boy I was wrong! After getting into this book and totally loving Adam and Mellie, I could not put this book down.

Mel and Adam are in Vegas for a wedding and they end up getting married and then the next day the bride runs. Totally love how Adam goes after Mel, she fights it so hard that she denies that they got married. This girl has so much going on in her life and somehow she feels she is lacking, but Adam really sees her and he lets her know that and
Barbara
Oct 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Adam & Mel working through their insecurities to find love. The scenes between Mel and her mother gives the reader an understanding about her issues. It’s amazing how Adam was able to love her through the family issues. Mel was also great for Adam and his family. I loved the relationship between Adam’s mom & Mel. We also catch up with some characters from previous stories. This is a great story!

Cheryl
Oct 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
all the books I have read from Evelyn Sola and this one has touched me the most. The character of Mel resonated with me because she was me in my youth. To see the evolution of all the characters and how they played out was just wonderful! Read this book and you will not be disappointed! I guarantee it!
I am anxiously awaiting more books from Ms. Sola.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
TMH
Oct 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the why and how of two people getting together because for me it makes the love sweeter. Give me good dialogue between the characters that portrays a realistic journey with a happy ending, and I will read all day and never want the book to end. "Takedown" achieves all that and more. Mrs. Sola has done it again and I can't wait for her next one!

Jamie
Oct 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a good enemies-to-lovers book. There were a lot of different twists and turns that made this book hard to put down. I really enjoyed Mellie and Adam's story. From the first chapter, they had to work hard in their relationship. So good!

Victoria Wyatt
Oct 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great characters and great writing. Mellie is real and raw a believable real life character. She is flawed and loves the people in her life. Really good read. Like I said I like that she was not perfect. I recommend it.

I received this ARC from the author and my review is voluntary.
Kelly
added it
Mina

• More Than Just a Pretty Face
  • Off Limits
  • Amethyst (The Warriors of Estios, #1)
  • Phantom: Her Ruthless Villain (Ruthless Triad, #5)
  • Finding Treasure: : Book #1
  • Amethyst: An Interracial Paranormal Romance (The Warriors of Estios Book 2)
  • Gutter - Part 1: The Rise
  • Gutter - Part 2: The Shine
  • Saving Silver (The Draak Legacy #1)
  • Nocturnal Trysts (Sons of the Night, #1)
  • Crime
  • Tennessee's Whiskey (The Whiskey Collection Book, #1)
  • Until Jinx (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Act Your Age, Eve Brown (The Brown Sisters, #3)
  • HAN: Her Ruthless Mistake (Ruthless Triad, #4)
  • Cece & David (Love In Many Shades #1)
A Boston native, wife, mother, and wine enthusiast. If she’s not writing, thinking about writing, you will find Evelyn with a book in her hands. While a new publisher, she’s been writing for years, and she will continue to write for many years to come.
Evelyn is obsessed with assertive and confident men who will stop at nothing to get their woman. Her stories are filled with love, passion and humo

News & Interviews