Start by marking “Hidden Waters (Tattered & Torn #3)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Waters (Tattered & Torn #3)

Hidden Waters

(Tattered & Torn #3)

The world had tried to break her.

Addie has dreamt of freedom for as long as she can remember—peace away from the torment of her old life. But now that it’s finally within her grasp, she’s struggling to take those first steps into her new reality.

The last thing she wants is a new roommate to see the scars she’s desperate to keep hidden, especially not the ruggedly handsome
Published June 21st 2022
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Waters

Start your review of Hidden Waters (Tattered & Torn #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jun 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Hidden Waters is book three in the Tattered & Torn series by Catherine Cowles. This is Addie’s book. Addie who has suffered so much at the hands of her family. Addie who bravely got out of the horrible situation she was in and is forging a new life for herself. Addie who has scars, both physical and emotional, but who will stop at nothing to be the woman she wants to be.

Adaline “Addie” Kemper grew up in an abusive environment, where her father was the boss and his wife and daughter were his prop
Samantha Young
Jun 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Tattered & Torn series is one of my ultimate favorites and Hidden Waters is book three of the reasons why. Addie and Beckett’s story is heart-achingly beautiful. It’s a tale of finding yourself beyond the trauma of the past and discovering the person you want to forge a brighter future with. A romance that combines family saga, searing chemistry, and thrilling suspense—Hidden Waters is another 2022 must-read from Catherine Cowles!
tristanmcrana
catherine cowles really outdid herself with this book. this is the 3rd book in the tattered & torn series ‘Beckett’s & Addie’s' story and it delivered heartache + healing with a touch of small town romance and suspense. this author is a new fav go to author since i discovered her books and her stories always left me wanting more.

tropes: small town, roommates to lovers, forced proximity, hurt/comfort

“What are you capable of?”
“Anything.”
I should’ve been afraid of the darkness that had slipped in
BookAddict
Jun 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my heart, y'all, I’m calling it now. One of my top five reads. Ever! Just when I think she's given us her best, I’m pretty sure Cowles just chuckles and says, “hold my beer.” I think I joined the party with her sophomore offering, and it makes my reader's heart immeasurably happy to watch her blossom and grow and master her craft. Every world she creates is one I want to live in, and her characters will forever own real estate in my heart.

Our heroine, Addie? This girl is a rock star! Despite
Catherine Cowles
Apr 07, 2022 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Addie and Beckett's steamy and suspenseful romance is LIVE and readers are saying their story is their favorite of the series! I'm so excited for all you to fall for these two! Here's what's in store for you when you do...

💜 A Damaged Doctor Hero

Nook: https://geni.us/HddnWtrsNook
Kobo: https://geni.us/HddnWtrsKobo
Google Play: https://
♥Rachel♥
Addie is out on her own after being under the harsh authority of her father and trying to live a normal life. However, living in the same town means she’s bumping into him or his friends whenever she’s in town and it put me on edge for her!

Beckett has just come back to his hometown, serving as the new town doctor, and needs a place to stay while his house is being built. Addie is staying at his brother's old house, but as the house is huge, they suggest he stay with Addie. At first Addie isn’t h
ApoorvaReads
review and rating closer to release date💓
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
A heartbreakingly beautiful romance that keeps the reader on the edge of the seat, Hidden Waters made my heart flutter in the best possible way. Catherine Cowles is a phenomenal storyteller who knows how to reach into the soul of her readers and deliver all the feels. I dare you to read this book and not fall in love with Beckett. It’s impossible.

Here’s what I loved:
Having met these characters previously, I knew going in that there would be tears. And man, we’re there! My heart broke for both c
Mar 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Another great small town, suspense romance. The audiobook, as always, was so well done.

I really adored the heroine and how hard she fought for her own HEA. She had such grit and determination.

Her hero was absolutely perfect for her, understanding and kind. I loved how he wanted to help and use his knowledge for the benefit of the town.

This is absolutely my favorite Catherine Cowles world at the moment

AUDIO ARC
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Addie grew up as an only child with her mother and father. Her father and the community around him are almost cult-like. The men are the head of the house, the women do all the chores and are to be seen and not heard. They can’t have opinions on anything and children must obey every rule the father sets in place for his house.

There is also a huge mistrust of anyone outside of their community. This includes things like seeking healthcare and advice from a professional person. The men are in charg
Aksa
Catherine cowles just won me over. Talk about 2 broken souls acting as a balm to heal each other. It was so sweet in its simplicity. I loved the topics Catherine cowles touched in her books.

The family bonding, the support, the warmth was just so heartfelt. Yet there was darkness to enhance the story's appeal which I absolutely loved

“Life isn’t black and white. It’s not just shades of gray, either. It’s an endless array of colors. Some dark, some light, and everything in between. We have to hold
rach⭑
4⭐️

Tropes;
Roommate to Lovers
Forced Proximity
Small Town Romance
Dual POV

This book follows Addie, who grew up with an extremely abusive father who kept her away from society. When she manages to escape, she moves into her cousin’s husbands empty house. However soon after, her cousin’s husband’s brother, Beckett, needs somewhere to stay as he recently moved into town.

Addie and Beckett form a fast friendship and spend all their free time together. Addie, is still being hassled by her father and s
Milica's Bookshelf
This book has everything I love to read about.
A damaged but strong, determined heroine.. a very kind, supportive and protective hero who's perfect for his girl... and the story's full of suspense.
The Romantic Rush Blog
Oh my heart! What a beautifully told, deliciously emotive, and heart-soaring love story. No one writes sweet and tender romantic suspense like Catherine Cowles, and the Tattered and Torn series has fast become my favorite from her. The suspense, the sweeping romance, the smalltown setting, the heartfelt storytelling are all so captivating, so deftly delivered. But Hidden Waters just just claimed my favorite spot- the best of the series and one of my all time favorite Catherine Cowles stories. Th ...more
Logan C.
Definitely my new favorite Catherine Cowles book! I was really anticipating Addie's story, and when I found out Beckett was going to be her love interest it made me even more excited.

Addie and Beckett are both extremely closed off due to trauma from their pasts. Addie because of how she was raised and her abusive father, and Beckett has been punishing himself for years based on something he had no control over. Two broken people who have a hard time trusting themselves and others really find pe
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Gah!! I loved this book!! Addie is such a brave and strong heroine! She has come out of a lifetime of abuse and is finding her way as an independent woman.

Addie Kemper is living in Wolf Gap trying to avoid run ins with her father and his cronies. She wants to be as “normal” as possible and not be seen and pitied as weak and damaged.

Beckett Easton has returned to Wolf Gap, taken over the medical practice and hopes to atone for the guilt he feels over his sister’s kidnapping and make up for the
Erin Branscom
Jun 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Addie and Beckett are perfect. So good! I’m obsessed with the Tattered and Torn series! I’m on pins and needles for the next one!
Jenifer Briggs
Jun 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This book was so heartbreakingly beautiful. Omg, from the very first page I was just so captured by Addie and just how pure and beautiful her soul is, and just how tragic it is that somebody like that was caught in the clutches of her abusive father. This poor girl has so many scars, and even though she's not living with her father, she's not free of him either. He is determined to make sure she will always be his, but he never expected the protector Addie found in Beckett, nor did Addie ever ex ...more
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

I fall more and more in love with this series with each new release. Catherine keeps outdoing herself and I'm here for it. Hidden Waters was yet another hauntingly beautiful and heartwrenching story.

The two main characters are each fighting their own demons and guilt, and when circumstances bring them together as roommates they become friends and each other's haven. I love their budding friendship, and how they opened up to each other and helped each other work through their d
Jodi
Jun 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my heart! Hidden Waters by Catherine Cowles is small-town romantic suspense at its finest! Every time I journey back to the town of Wolf Gap, I fall even more in love with this town and its amazing people. Beckett and Addie are two haunted souls that learn to heal and love together. Their road to HEA has many suspenseful twists and heartfelt turns, that will have you yearning for them to overcome their tragic histories and be together.

This audiobook is narrated by Ava Erickson and Sebastian
Fiona
Jun 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two broken souls thrown together in a house.
Addie and Beckett find solace in each others broken parts and try to help each other heal.
What Addie has had to endure during her life is horrific, something no person should ever have to face. She's scared, she's broken, and she's so innocent. However she is also a fighter. Addie is a true fighter, and piece by piece she is fighting back all her enemies, demons and scars!
Then we have Beckett!
Oh Beckett you little swoon machine! He seems to know exac
Anna Reads Here
Release Date: June 21st, 2022

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐✨
Steam: 🔥🔥🔥

Tropes: romantic suspense, small town, slow burn, roommates, forced proximity, strangers to friends to lovers, age gap

CW: kidnapping, domestic abuse, gun violence, threats and blackmail, misogyny

Review: With every book in the Tattered & Torn series, I fall more and more in love with Catherine Cowles’ writing and the worlds she builds. There’s just so much going on, so much to love and enjoy and at the heart of it, it’s stories about real people
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 25, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2022
description

description

“You’re allowed to be scared. You’re allowed to feel whatever’s going on inside you. You’re doing the bravest thing possible and living your life despite that fear. Eventually it will subside. But you don’t have to face it alone. You have people in your corner.”

Hidden Waters is the third book in the fabulous Tattered and Torn series by Catherine Cowles. We absolutely love this series. Highly emotional, scrumptiously passionate and suspensefully thrilling, we have been so excited for Addie’s
Suzana
5+ stars
*ARC kindly provided by the author and I’m leaving an honest review*

✔Family saga
✔Small town
✔Friends to lovers
✔Slow burn
✔Forced proximity
✔Angsty
✔Roommates to lovers
✔A bucket list a lifetime in the making
✔A damaged doctor hero
✔A heroine looking to escape her past
✔An unlikely spark between two roommates
✔Enough suspense and emotional baggage to fill a room
✔Fun cast of supporting – secondary characters that add to the story and development
✔Emotional
✔Suspenseful / gripping / gritty
✔Unpredi
Manoela
Hidden Walters is the third book in the Tattered and Torn series and is a nice addition to this series that delivers an adoptable romance with a hint of suspense.

Here we have the story of Addie and Becket, two characters who in their own way are fighting the demons of the past, and when they find themselves sharing the same roof temporarily, they develop a friendship at first that doesn't take long to become something more.

I loved Addie, she really went to hell and back and I admired seeing her
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
“You see my scars but never think I’m weak.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Hidden Waters is the third book in the Tattered & Torn series by Catherine Cowles, and with each book my love for this series continues to grow.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Addie Kemper was a character’s story I was anxious to read, and her’s did not disappoint. The strength and determination she exudes throughout her journey—wanting to create a new life for herself—was awe inspiring. And our hero, Beckett, was a man who’s a little damaged a
Manoela
4 Stars

I loved Addie, she really went to hell and back and I admired se
Randi (randi_reads)
Hidden Waters is the third book in the Tattered & Torn series and they have all been five star reads for me. The author is wonderful at blending just the right amount of suspense into the story. She has definitely pulled out all the feels with this story! It is such a beautiful romance between Addie and Beckett.

Addie has had a terrible upbringing--an abusive, controlling father and a mother who left her with him. She has broken free from her father, but he is still in the small town of Wolf Gap.
Ala
Jun 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
One of the main reasons why i love Catherine Cowles books is that the physical aspect is only a small part (tiny) in the MCs relationship, i can feel the love,care,affection, and connection between the hero and heroine which is very hard to find in books these days, I don’t have to wonder if I removed the chemistry, the physical relationship between them would there still be anything?? Noooo i know in these books that they love each other no matter what.
And there’s enough to show me that they h
Vanessa (nessreads)
4.5 Stars

Ever since I read the first book in this series I’ve wanted Addie’s story. She was one of the characters that intrigued me the most and I just needed to know more about her.

Addie has been through so much and my heart hurt for her. She’s trying her best to move on, but that doesn’t mean the scars have yet to heal. She’s finally taking her life into her own hands and for the first time is truly living. Addie showed so much resilience and I loved that she stood up for herself and I also l

• Help Me Remember (Rose Canyon, #1)
  • Reason to Believe (Legacy, #1)
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • Ever Mine (Honey Mountain, #2)
  • Moments in Time
  • Flawless
  • Between Hello and Goodbye
  • My Perfect Enemy (Whitecap #2)
  • Just About Over You (Prospect Street #2)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • Baby Magnet (Titans of Tech, #3)
  • The Enemy Trap
  • Fatal Cure (Secrets and the City, #2)
  • Deadly Illusion (Secrets and the City #1)
  • When Sparks Fly (Spark House, #1)
  • Always Mine (Honey Mountain, #1)
  • The Billionaire (The Dalton Brothers, #2)
  • He's a Keeper
See top shelves…
Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend. ...more

Tattered & Torn (5 books)
  • Tattered Stars (Tattered & Torn, #1)
  • Falling Embers (Tattered & Torn #2)
  • Shattered Sea (Tattered & Torn, #4)
  • Fractured Sky (Tattered & Torn, #5)