Start by marking “Self Coaching 101” as Want to Read:
Self Coaching 101

Self Coaching 101

Self coaching is about feeling better. It really is that simple. Everything we do in our lives is because we want to feel better. When we give-it feels good. When we help others-it feels good. When we accomplish something-it feels good. Whenever we feel bad-we are usually seeking a way to feel good. The reason we want to feel good, is because it is our true nature. Alignme ...more
Published November 4th 2008 by Futures Unlimited Coaching

Kristie
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Brooke Castillo is a brilliant coach. If you are a person who has lived through traumatic experiences and can't seem to get over them, this is the book for you. Much like Tony Robbins, she is using techniques of mind management. Teaching people to be in the driver seat of their own life, and not allowing external circumstances to influence how they feel about their life.

If a person is willing to do the work, it's deep work, and not the easiest. Emotions and a little bit of frustration comes out
Leandra
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listen to Brooke (the author) regularly on her podcasts which have had a huge impact on my life. I now have read her book. She teaches the model.

Circumstance - what facts or occurrence are happening - these are facts of situation
Thoughts - what are your thoughts on the circumstance
Feeling - what feeling is being generated by your thoughts
Action - what behavior are your displaying as result of your feelings and thoughts
Result - what is final result of Actions

She teaches how to have an intention
Shaina Leis
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and Brooke's self coaching model so much that I am taking an extra life coaching program at her school. She's an incredible master life coach and this model is so effective for anyone looking to self-coach themselves or become a coach.
Leslie Didier-paquin
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scanned
I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for growth and improvement. Brooke has a very straightforward, honest approach in her model and it is easy to learn and apply. Check it out, worth the read and likely re-reads.
Hannah
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Brooke's teachings!!!

Her self-coaching model is life changing!!! I absolutely love her podcasts and listen to her daily. She radiates positivity! You'll want to check her out!
D
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has some good advice about how changing the way we think about a circumstance can change our feelings about it and the actions we take, and the ultimate results we get. The author lays out an easy to-follow model that clearly shows how we can actually change things in our life by changing our thoughts about them. I tried doing this with several circumstances in my life, and it really does work. As we change our thoughts about a circumstance to something more positive, our feelings abou ...more
Brooklyn
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did life coaching with Jodi Moore (Bold New Mom) for 3 months last year and learned so much! The author of this book, Brooke Castillo is Jodi’s mentor so I was excited to read this book. I believe our thoughts have so much power, so even if this work may seem a little hokey, I know when I do it that it makes a difference. If I wasn’t familiar with the CTFAR model I probably would’ve spent more time reading the book and learning about each part, but working with Jodi for 3 months made this book ...more
Nicole
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brooke Castillo introduces a powerful and straightforward model which readers can use to put all circumstances and thinking and emotions into a framework to make changes. I recommend this book to those who are ready and willing to observe their behavior and emotions - and are interested in making changes in their life. The changes can be small or large - the model introduced in the book can address all sizes.
Florin
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brooke provides and excellent model which you can apply in every part of your life and different situations. All the inputs of the model are detailed and exemplified so you the reader can create your own understanding of the model. You clearly must be open to change to applied this model, if you are in a negative area of your life, you can easily question everything that it is shown in this book, and that it cannot be applied.
Nada Turk
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must read
Olivia
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A helpful, easy-to-understand book, which taught me a lot, although some parts didn't relate to me as much.
Ann
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
The method seems to make a lot of sense.
Ragan Balzer
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is going to take a lot of practice, but I like the concept. We really have no full understanding of the capability of the mind.
Rosalind Dyett
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
A very quick to read book with a simple idea. Change what you think if you want to change the results. The book is good in that it tells you straight that this is not always easy to do.
Marissa Catania Bishop
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This quick read is a gem.
Veronica
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this on the advice of a coach I’m working with. Good insights on creating positivity in you life starting with your thoughts.
Pete Malewski
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great tool to keep your mind in check.
Barbara
Started, never finished. Abandoned because I wasn't getting much out of it, repetitive to things I've already read and worked with.
Zhongwu
good
Judy
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
helpful personal account with tools to apply
Tracy
Nov 17, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • How to Be Useful: A Beginner's Guide to Not Hating Work
  • Style Statement: Live By Your Own Design
  • The Right Questions: Ten Essential Questions To Guide You To An Extraordinary Life
  • How to Organize Your Life (At Home)
  • The Mindful Leader: Ten Principles for Bringing Out the Best in Ourselves and Others
  • The Hope: A Guide to Sacred Activism
  • Pies and Tarts with Heart: Expert Pie-Building Techniques for 60+ Sweet and Savory Vegan Pies
  • The Transition Companion: Making Your Community More Resilient in Uncertain Times
  • Healthy at Home: Get Well and Stay Well Without Prescriptions
  • 8 to Great: The Powerful Process for Positive Change
  • Making Home: Adapting Our Homes and Our Lives to Settle in Place
  • Smart Organizing: Simple Strategies for Bringing Order to Your Home
  • Creative Time and Space: Making Room for Making Art
  • Get A Life! 8 Steps to Create Your Own Life List
  • Happy Stories!: Real-Life Inspirational Stories from Around the World
  • Better Each Day: 365 Expert Tips for a Healthier, Happier You
  • Local Dollars, Local Sense: How to Shift Your Money from Wall Street to Main Street and Achieve Real Prosperity
  • A Branch from the Lightning Tree: Ecstatic Myth and the Grace of Wildness
“thought (the cause), we end up back with the same spin cycle and same results over and over again.” 0 likes