Start by marking “Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata, #6)” as Want to Read:
Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata, #6)

Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata #6)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  8,704 Ratings  ·  248 Reviews
One boy's life ripped to shreds before his eyes...
One wrathful demon master hell-bent on revenge...
An army of grisly Demonata on the rampage...
It's the end of the world as we know it.
Published October 1st 2007 by HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Demon Apocalypse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Apocalypse

Ahmad Sharabiani
Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata #6), Darren Shan
Demon Apocalypse is the sixth book in Darren Shan's The Demonata series. Darren Shan released the title of the book September 29, 2007 at the Baeth Festival of Children's Literature.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: ماه مارس سال 2008 میلادی
عنوان: نبرد با شیاطین : جلد شش 6 : اسرار هیولایی؛ نویسنده: دارن شان؛ مترجم: فرزانه کریمی؛ تهران، قدیانی، 138؛ در 349 ص؛ شابک: 9789645360458؛ چاپ دوم 1388؛ چهارم 1389؛ موضوع: داستانهای نوجوانان از نویسندگان انگلیسی - سده 20 م
رس
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
The series continues strong. Again through the point of view of my favorite, Grubbs, it shows the continuation from the cliffhanger left from Blood Beast, where all seems lost as Grubbs discovers a huge betrayal and finds himself with no escape on a plane with Lord Loss and his hellious sidekicks. These monsters bring the stories up to adult level when it comes to violence, gore, and shock effect - from the opening paragraph where the scorpion familiar dives into a person's face to pop out their ...more
❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄

Kernel Fleck

Beranabus

Dervish Grady

Bill-E Spleen

The book continues where Blood Beast left it...in the plane. People being eaten and stuff. The usual. With our wonderful Lord Loss there to guide his familiars. Both demon and human. Grubbs is almost gone... but then help on the way!
Not 25% in and Grubbs and Beranabus are flying~

Then the magician takes him to his cave, where Grubbs meets Kernel.
Beranabus starts explaining stuff to Grubbs, but Grubbs' not ready to listen. He's
Jason
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-2015
5 Stars

Demon Apocalypse is one of the best novels in Darren Shan's awesome Demonata series. Let me clarify that the last book Blood Beast and this one should have been released as one book, not two. I was not happy with the first book ending in the middle of a massive action scene and pivotal point in the story line. I especially hated my least favorite words...To Be Continued.

In this book Shan masterfully brings together all of the story lines of the Demonata. In this one, Grubbs meets Beranab
Chappy
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
even better than the last book, so intense it has you right on the edge of your seat till that very last page. must fight the urge to pick up the next book and keep going.

this book only stays quiet for a few chapters before shit hits the fan, then its a non stop roller coaster till the end. the few battle scenes are the most intense of the series and for those who have read this book they will know what i mean when i say all looks lost.

for anyone who reads these i have also put a short video o
Nancy
Jun 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone can read this
Shelves: 2008
Like the lame How does Cheez-It do it commercial, I’m wondering How does Darren do it—except for the fact that lame and Darren Shan should never be strung together in a sentence. Yes, he’s that good a storyteller. He’s the kind of author that can re-use ideas but turn them into something more original and creative. It’s simply astounding. I can consume anything by Darren Shan.

Demon Apocalypse begins with where its previous book left off, when Grubbs is getting attacked by Lord Loss and finds ou
Marie-Josee Larouche
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marie-Josee by: My boyfriend
I didn't think that the series could get any better - but it just did!

I honestly can't tell which book in the series is my favorite anymore, they have all meshed together in a ecstatic, wonderful, collision of a master tale that I hope never ends (even though it must).

This story was amazing, beautiful, and sad. It was heartfelt, the heartbreak was deeply felt. The story was everything that can move someone to tears. This story had none of the things that the other books had - except perhaps the
Siobhan
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Continuing where Blood Beast left off this book is action packed from the very start.

This book continues along with the story of Grubbs but also includes other important characters, giving us information on how all the main characters are linked together and suggesting what their purpose is. As entertaining as the other books in the series this one really helps the reader to see the bigger picture in the series.
Saman
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
بالاخره سه شخصیت اصلی داستان و کلی از نام هایه آشنایه دیگر بهم میرسند . تمام اون داستان هایه پیشین گفته شده تو این قسمت بهم گره میخورند و نتیجه کار جالبه.
این قسمت داستان سریع ترین روایت ماجرایی رو داشت همچنین بسیار پر خشونت تر از سری هایه قبل بود نویسنده جزئیات دریده شدن رو به خوبی شرح داده بود.
Carien
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is yet another entertaining read.

Shan pulls a stunt he also used in the Cirque du Freak series and which isn't something I particularly like. Still it's not as big a cop out as it is in Cirque du Freak, so I let it pass with only a little bit of grumbling.

All in all an entertaining read with one very interesting development. On to the next book.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Grubbs Grady is back, and he wishes he wasn't.

There are two things that Grubbs regrets the most: letting his transformation take away the lives of the ones he loved, and trusting Juni. When we last left him, Grubbs was on a plane ride with Juni, who promised to take care of him and love him. But while on board, Juni's true colors appeared, and they weren't so pretty.

Turns out she had been working for Lord Loss and had used Gr
Ariya
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
After reading book 5 which is the worst volume in the series, this one is the best so far (oh I haven't even finished the whole Demonata series yet, still the best.)

This book keeps me going even I don't want to read for more goring and most heart-breaking scene I have to come across. I blame Shan's writing when he writes in his finest competency to reel the reader into his story. As I claims before, he sucks at writing ordinary scenes but about demons eating a human's face? he can work like a cr
Sita
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that have read all the other books preceding this one in the series.
Demon Apocalypse is the sixth book in the Demonata series. As we know the series has and is being told from three different peoples point of views. Grubbs, Bec and Kernal's. This one is told from Grubbs's point of view.

I have loved the series so far. I have loved the concept, the characters, the writing, I have loved the series in general. So was this book as good as the rest? The answer to that is yes. Yes it did match up to my high expectations.

In Demon Apocalypse, Grubbs finally meets Beranab
Violet Nightfall
La crudeltà che sfodera Darren Shan nell'uccidere i propri personaggi è seconda solo a quella di Martin. Nonostante ciò ho apprezzato il libro fino in fondo, gustandomi i vari colpi di scena intavolati dall'autore! Fantastico volume, peccato solo che in Italia abbiano stoppato la serie... nn mi resta che acquistare i volumi in inglese!
Zahra Rhm
Mar 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, evil-author
نویسنده حتی جزئیات دریده شدن رو شرح داده بود. داستان به قدری خشن بود که نتونستم تمومش کنم و کلا از خیر ادامه ی مجموعه دموناتا گذشتم.
Matthew
"How do you deal with the fear?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I fight."

"Is that enough?"

"It has to be."

Wow. I forgot how goddamn fantastic Demon Apocalypse is! A breakneck-paced follow-on from Blood Beast, with the long-awaited merging of all the characters and stories that have come before. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, or stomach. To be so big and bold and brazen only halfway through the series would cause me to worry, at least, it would if it weren't Darren Shan behind the wheel. Demon Apo
R
Apr 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quarter-3
The Truth

Ever felt like the 'chosen one'? Grubbs sure is feeling it and doesn't like it one bit. Yeah, he's more like the 'captured one' right now. Only his kidnappers aren't so harsh, they're just there to make him face reality and fight alongside them. It's not really like you have a choice, it's something "for the better good" kind of thing. The guy just doesn't want to realize he has a great power inside him and if he doesn't use it, he's just a coward.
The summary of that would be: if you do
Natsu
This book really captivated me. I couldn't put it down and totally forgot about the time, then suddenly realized it was already morning when I finished reading it.. *lol*

Action right from the start! I love it so much!! I was a bit confused when I started reading tho.. It has been years since I finished reading book 5 so I already forgot most of the chars and stories. And Mr.Shan didn't bother to give a clue hahaha.. I only remember the last scene in book 5 and that was all I can remember at fir
Vendea
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, read-own
Demonata je svým podivným způsobem něco trochu odlišného než Darrenovská série. Autor se tu ale hodně projevuje svým osobitým způsobem a u Démonů apokalypsy tomu nebylo jinak. Z celé Demonaty se mi líbil tenhle díl nejvíc a po právu si zaslouží plný počet. Bylo tam vše - akce, vnitřnosti, mojí oblíbení hrdinové, velký zvrat a smrt. Prostě epické!
Wing Luck Chin
Dec 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, 8th-grade
It is awsome how they we're able to traval time.
Kayley
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rest in peace, last bits of my childlike innocence... and the last unscarred chunks of my heart... and the last untouched part of my soul.
Amirhossein Yaghoubi
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
این سری همینطور در حال بهتر شدن است.... چرخشهای داستانی عالی را خواهید دید. و همینطور یک پایان دنیای عالی... ...more
Štěpán Tichý
Cassie Fischer
3.5
How childish is Grubbs If being called a coward will get him to go on a suicide mission? One thing that I've noticed is that his attitude towards fighting changes pretty quickly. when he's fighting, he's all gung-ho and come and get me. otherwise, he's cringing in the corner.
I was surprised at bec' s revelation about beranabus and sad about the death in this . I kept hoping that something would happen to override it but no go.
again, I get the feeling that the heroes will win the ear but lose
Tree Seelke
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Demon Apocalypse may just be a top runner for favorite book of the series so far. I truly couldn't have been more excited to finally have the character mashup I've been hoping for since Bec. This book was a whirlwind of action and suspense, and of course lots and lots of death.

It's still very peculiar to me thaty Grubs speaks so eloquently for a teenage jock with demon problems.

Demon Apocalypse brings together the suspense the cliffhangers of every past Demonata novel left you with, but it als
Leon
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book continues directly where the previous book ended. All of the previous books have been basically been leading up to this book, all the main protagonists come together at last! A fast-paced, detailed, frustrating plot that leaves you hungry for more! After a minor dip of moving the plot forward in the previous instalment, this one is a hell of a ride. Brace yourself to say goodbye to a beloved character...
Laura-Elizabeth Howes
I've been staring at my phone for a long while, typing and then deleting things, trying to figure out the best way to say anything about this book... but I can't because literally everything I want to say is a huge spoiler. Even just mentioning the names of certain characters is a spoiler...

So instead I'm just going to say this: Demon Apocalypse is fast, action packed from start to finish, full of every clever plot twist and turn imaginable, and just utterly utterly brilliant.
Fionn
My favourite book in the series so far, Demon Apocalypse focuses on my favourite character, Grubbs Grady, and brings all the stories and characters from the previous books together. There's much more action and gore in this one, as well as more surprises. For all the things I could see coming a mile away there was still plenty I didn't see coming at all. There's a pretty sad death near the end too and it's handled really well, I'm kind of hoping we'll see them again somehow. R.I-bloody-P.
Trisha FreakShow
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the book that links up all the characters in the books beforehand and takes up right where blood beast ends.
Maud van  Lier
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow.
what do u think of this book? 8 11 Jun 12, 2013 01:12PM
  • Samurai (Simon St George, #2)
  • Shadows in the Twilight (Joel Gustafsson, #2)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Monster Republic (Monster Republic, #1)
  • Nightrise (The Gatekeepers, #3)
  • Meltdown (Boy Soldier, #4)
  • The Haunting Hour: Chills in the Dead of Night
  • The Devil's Heart (The Devil, #2)
  • The Witch of Agnesi (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #1)
  • The Secret of the Dread Forest (Faire Folk Trilogy #3)
  • Cross Your Heart, Connie Pickles
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • The Jumbee
  • The City in the Lake
  • Demon Games (Changeling, #4)
  • Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak
More about Darren Shan

The Demonata (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Lord Loss (The Demonata, #1)
  • Demon Thief (The Demonata, #2)
  • Slawter (The Demonata, #3)
  • Bec (The Demonata, #4)
  • Blood Beast (The Demonata, #5)
  • Death's Shadow (The Demonata, #7)
  • Wolf Island (The Demonata, #8)
  • Dark Calling (The Demonata, #9)
  • Hell's Heroes (The Demonata, #10)
  • Demonata (10 Book Series)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Red Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1)
  • The Gods Themselves
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
“But the universe isn't fair. Things don't work out neatly, pain, hardship and challenges divided equally among those best equipped to deal with them. Sometimes individuals have to be Atlases and carry the weight of the world alone. It shouldn't happen that way, but it does.” 11 likes
“Then we still have time!” I gasp. “It’s not too late. We know what he’s going to do. We’ll return to the cave and fight.”
We?” Kernel says sarcastically.
“Yes! I’ll fight to save Dervish and Bill-E. I don’t care what those monsters throw at us. When it’s family, it’s different.”
“You really think you can choose not to be a coward if and when it suits you?” Kernel jeers.
Beranabus interrupts wearily before I can retort. “It doesn't matter. You're arguing about nothing. The time for heroics has passed.”
9 likes