Start by marking “Here Comes the Bride” as Want to Read:
Here Comes the Bride

Here Comes the Bride (Cate Padgett #2)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  427 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Cate Padgett was the bridesmaid, four times over, in Always the Bridesmaid. Now she’s finally the blushing bride—for better, for worse…

Cate couldn’t wait for her own wedding so she could do it right, after all she’d learned from the mistakes her friends made before her. And Ethan was the perfect husband-to-be. If only something, anything, else was perfect…

First h

Published June 27th 2006 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes the Bride

Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book I honestly couldn't get enough of it. I didn't want to put it down but I had to due to work etc. It was a really funny book and so light! At first I thought it would be very predictable however I didn't have that feeling with this book. So good 😊.
Savannah Avery
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book in this series, I gave it 5 stars.

I didn't think this series could get any better, but it did! I adore this book, I loved that we were able to grow with the main character Cate, and we all were excited for her when she got engaged! The characters are amazing, the love story is romantic but still realistic, and the writing is both entertaining and hilarious!

I am so excited for the next book in the series, I recommend this to everyone!
Anel
Apr 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Here comes the Bride is a really cute book that tells a story about a girl named Cate who is getting married to her best friend, Ethan. In the preparation for their marriage Cate comes along with many obstacles. First, is her engagement ring. Ethan had put the engagement ring on Cate’s cat, but the ring fell off the cat and then they couldn’t find it. Second, Ethan’s ex-girlfriend keeps showing up and won’t leave Ethan alone. Also Cate’s mother is always arguing with her for many things she want ...more
Lindsay
Apr 12, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first two books buy this author, her writing is simple and relatively realistic, and after having a dream where I was at my friend's wedding, I kind of wanted to read a wedding book, and in this one, Cate who is the main character of Always The Bridesmaid gets to finally be the bride. My beef with this is that it doesn't really go into much detail so I find of felt like I didn't really get to know the characters. Cate's life seemed a little bit to good. Great boyfriend who wants to ...more
Kourtney
Jan 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Anne
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a light read that I hope will be amusing as my own wedding gets closer. I think enjoyed this book mostly because I'm getting married. It was unrealistic that they could just move into a house that easily on their low salaries. I also find it hard to believe that she would spend $100 on each bridesmaid for a gift. I make a teacher's salary and don't plan spend that much on mine. Also who gives there parents wedding gifts? Is this a new trend? It was also unrealistic that they could afford ...more
Brianna
Jun 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, mcpl, chick-lit, 2011
This book was just not for me. I thought it'd be a fun fluff book for the summer, particularly as my own wedding is two months away, but I picked the wrong book. As a practicing Catholic, this book actually managed to offend me. As a broke grad student planning a budget wedding, I was not feeling sorry for Cate the "poor" kindergarten teacher who has a huge wedding, wears designer clothes in San Diego, and scoffed at the plain cafeteria food at their engagement encounter. The situation with Jane ...more
Bree
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
It was the quickest I have read a book recently. It probably is because of the relevance to my life right now that made it interesting. A couple of years ago I probably wouldn't have picked it up since I have been leaning away from chick-lit as of late. It was a nice summer time read if you haven't picked it up yet. Lyles did a great job making characters that I did not hate. Cate was not a whiny damsel in distress type character you frequently read in this genre.
Heather
Jan 04, 2009 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I think any single, engaged, married, or divorced women would love this light read. Although, I have never been married, I found this book easy to relate to. The main character is easy to love as she puts up with a cray ex-girlfriend, over protected family members of the groom, and spoiled bridesmaids. I find myself reflecting on weddings I have been in and hope that I never caused my friends any difficulties as this bride encountered.
Mandy Reynolds
Aug 23, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a quick "beach read"
This book is a quick read... entertaining, but a bit frustrating to follow at times. The content is amusing and I definitely had a few "laugh out loud" moments, but the storyline tends to jump a round a bit. I read this with my sis, so we got to laugh together while reading it. However, there are a couple of characters in the story that made me wish I had the ability to reach into the book and bitch-slap someone! :)
Michelle
Jan 02, 2009 rated it did not like it
first book is sooo much better. this book bugged me! i was getting so annoyed with ethan (the supposed best friend fiance). my finance is my best friend and he would not treat me the way ethan treated cate. there are times when i just wanted her to tell him off cause he was so mean to her. i hated how he finally realized how his ex was after him only after she tried to make a move on him.
Erica
Jul 30, 2007 rated it liked it
This book was surprisingly good compared to other young female writers who write about getting weddings. A believably good couple and a well-written non-Bridezilla made this a worthwhile read. Finally, someone writing brides-to-be in a good light!
Dawn rizzi
Mar 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was very good. Light read just what i was looking for and I am a sucker for Series. Off to start the next one.
Thanks Melissa u made me go home last night and finish it. I have been in a reading slump again.
Michelle
Jul 07, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was the 2nd in a series with the same lead character. I love that is was a quick, lighthearted read. It has some funny moments to it as well but some of the plot was a little goofy. I would recommend any of Whitney Lyles books for when you are in the mood for something fluffy and fun.
Dinjolina
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Thank you , thank you, thank you Lord for a hero that does not succumb to a sex starved ex girlfriend! I was so tired of books about cheating that this little romantic one about a couple that just could not get a brake was super.
Karen
May 01, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Karen by: Kristen
I liked this book better than the first of the series...it was more focused and I thought there was better character development. Another quick read; I'm looking forward to the last book in the series to see if each book gets better and better!
Caroline
Jun 02, 2011 rated it liked it
I did not read Always A Bridesmaid, however I am finding this book to be very good. It is an easy, fast read! Very enjoyable so far.

Just finished the novel. It was very enjoyable. I am looking forward to the sequel. It was an easy read. There were some typo's, which I found bothersome.
Briklin
Jun 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people looking for some easy reading fluff
It was a pretty easy read. I wish it would have went in depth more as far as character background.
Elijoh
Aug 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
super quick and fun. read it on my honeymoon
Cassandra Javier
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
The sequel to "Always the Bridesmaid", it's a story that deals with the realities of getting married, and all those preparations. Lovely, romantic book. And I'm a sucker for weddings so, you know...
Colleen
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Follow up to Bridesmaid book. Now it's Cate's turn to play the bridezilla. Has it's funny moments as well, but is also very sweet.
Willette Williams
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really cute but in my opinion the bride-to-be Cate was too nice. Wanted her to go off on Janet and Denise
Ayushi
Apr 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
A good read, kept me sticking to till the end which was quite obvious though !! Well described about the pre-wedding anxiety and phases which had to gone through ! #ThumbsUp !! :))
Elin
Oct 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Okay... Total chick lit. it had no literary merit whatsoever, and it was entirely predictable. But yet highly enjoyable somehow. Perfect for a beach or a plane
Cheryl
May 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Whitney Lyles reminds me of Sophie Kinsella. Her writing is fun and also intriguing. I couldn't put it down! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be reading the next in the series!
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Just your typical story about a bride and groom and their quest to the altar.
Misty
Jun 14, 2009 rated it liked it
Same as the first book. Fluff, entertaining, some language.
Erin
Jul 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Same character as Always a Bridesmaid, but the book is not as good as the first one.
Betsy
Jan 15, 2008 rated it did not like it
Lame. Amateurish writing, very poor editing, trite story. The only question: Why did I keep reading it? God knows.
Kristin
Jan 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
+The book was adorable & really funny!
+I could relate to some of the characters
-The spelling errors in the book drove me crazy. Whitney Lyles needs a new proof reader!
  • Call Waiting
  • The Pink Ghetto
  • Ethan's Temptress Bride
  • The Italian's Secret Baby
  • Playing by the Baby Rules
  • Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven?
  • Swimming Upstream, Slowly
  • Un-Bridaled
  • Man From Half Moon Bay
  • Not Quite A Bride
  • Family Trust
  • The Pregnant Mistress (The Barons, #7)
  • Suburbanistas
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Scandalous Marriage
  • Nearlyweds
  • Purchased: His Perfect Wife (Wedlocked!)
  • Dixieland Sushi
Whitney Lyles was twenty-six when she landed her first book deal for Always the Bridesmaid.

She’s now the proud author of a novella and five novels, including her latest romantic comedy for teens -- Party Games. She lives in San Diego with her husband and daughter. She is currently working on her next book.
More about Whitney Lyles...

Cate Padgett (3 books)