Start by marking “The Siren Song (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Siren Song (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #2)

The Siren Song (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow #2)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  811 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Captain Jack Sparrow and his crew have suddenly fallen under a sinister spell. While continuing on their quest for the Sword of Corts, they find themselves entranced by an ethereal song which leads them away from their quarry.
Published June 1st 2006 by Disney Press

To ask other readers questions about The Siren Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Siren Song

Treasure Island by Robert Louis StevensonPeter Pan by J.M. BarrieThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanBloody Jack by L.A. MeyerPirates! by Celia Rees
Pirates!
504 books — 660 voters
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel DefoeIsland of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'DellTreasure Island by Robert Louis StevensonLord of the Flies by William GoldingKidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
Reading By the Sea
98 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Andzhelika
И тази кратка историйка ми хареса, но първата книга от поредицата ми хареса повече. Може би защото там се случиха малко повече неща. Във всеки случай не беше зле, но сякаш можеше и по-добре.
Emily
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the mermaids, I hope future books explain the different tail colors, the power structure of underwater folk, how the connection to Davy Jones Locker exactly work, and the "gill men" in more depth. I am seriously interested in the Caribbean mermaids even though it was like 1 chapter of the entire book.
Книжни Криле
Времето навън се разваля и зимата се приближава с всеки изминал ден. Няма нищо лятно, а още повече пък морско, което да ми помогне да се боря с мрачния делник. Нищо, освен... „Джак Спароу 2: Песента на сирените”! Прочетете ревюто на "Книжни Криле":

K.D. Reid
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read. Not as funny was the first or exciting as the third.
Nickolas
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's VERY Amazing
Nancy
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book. I really enjoyed reading it and I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Rebecca
Feb 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in a new series for young readers about the teenage years of Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, when he first became a pirate and went off in search of treasure.

This book picks up shortly after volume one, The Coming Storm, left off. Young Jack Sparrow and the rest of the crew of the Barnacle -- Arabella, Jean, Tumen, and Constance -- have managed to survive an encounter with an infamous pirate, but now they have learned that the legendary Davy Jones is after th
Lanie
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Well, it certainly wasn't as good as the first book. :( "the siren song" has done little to move the plot forward. The crew of the barnacle, hasnt gotten much closer to their rather shady goal of finding the Sword. But! We were given a good look at Sachs of the crew members deepest wish. Yayz for a bit of character building there.

The writing is good, and jack is as arrogant as ever, but really, isn't that what makes captain jack sparrow great. :) I love when he says savy! XD I can just hear joh
Jessica
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this entire series when I was a preteen or young teenager. I LOVED each and every one of these and I waited impatiently for each new installment.
Being an avid Disney fan and the POTC ride in Disney World is my favorite, and the POTC movies were among my most-watched movies, I could not contain myself when my dad found these for me in the book store.
Although I have not read them in years, I remember them fondly and I strongly recommend them to anyone who likes pirates, tie-in novels, or ju
V.R.
Mar 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to V.R. by: Fans of Pirates of the Carribean, fans of pirates in general
Shelves: series, pirates
In this episode, Jack and his crew go off in search of the sword of Cortes. During their quest, they take on Stone Eyed Sam and are almost undone by the song of the Sirens.

Kidd does an amazing job writing Sparrow and it's exactly how you'd imagine a young Jack Sparrow to act.

This book *does* fall prey to what I call '2nd book' syndrome, where it's ok, but on it's own isn't terribly strong. It's a bridge to the third book, which I hope will be great. All in all, I imagine it will be. So far the
Shacoria
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book is not as good as the first book in the series. It mostly consists of the crew members being dazed by the song of the mermaids and Jack trying to get them out of their situation. There isn't a lot of movement in the book and there isn't much of a plot. It only moves the story along slightly. Hopefully the next book in the series will be better.
Chuck
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The second book of the Sword of Cortez series with a young Jack Sparrow (Captain Jack Sparrow). In the second book in this adventure, Jack and his crew of the Barnicle encounter Mermaids and the dangers of The Siren. Sea monsters, whirlpools, disappearing islands and more make this a fun read for all ages.
Maddy
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: child-hood, childrens
I read this installment awhile back and I can honestly say that I don't remember much about it story-wise. All I remember is my fondness for it, which is testament to its high level of enjoyment. If you liked the first book then you should definitely pick this one up in addition to the rest of the series!
Richelle Goodrich
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it
This adventure paled compared to the first. I still enjoyed it, but a great majority seemed like conversational filler. The end, however, made up for the long stretch of inactivity with a great deal of creative, intriguing action.
Jackie Mc
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is ok, you have to read the first one to understand how all the characters meet and become friends having an adventure. Read the first one and you will want to read this one. Savvy?
Elaina
Sep 25, 2008 added it
still not spoiling
Brittany
Dec 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Another fun little Jack Sparrow story. Not quite as good as the first one, but I still think it would be fun to read more of them.
Runee Baker
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This one was actually more engaging and enjoyable than the previous book...I'm looking forward to reading the next one in the series.
Whitney
Sep 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the Pirates of the Caribbean!
Recommended to Whitney by: Myself
Oh! I love this one! This one would have to be my most favorite in the Jack Sparrow series!
Reetta Saine
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kakrut
It doesn't get much deeper, and even the pace is getting slower. Well, monters and mermaids, I shouldn't complain :).
Shannan
Jun 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
same as 1st
Vicky
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
not as good as the first one, but still pretty good
Pazey
Dec 14, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a VERY easy read
this book is about jack sparrow and his small 'crew' who are on their way to finding the Sword of Cortez. it is a VERY easy read and it is a good book.
Phirephly
Apr 11, 2014
Megan
Apr 10, 2009
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (The Junior Novelization)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom
  • The Art of Pirates of the Caribbean
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper
  • Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Junior Novelization)
  • Stallion in Spooky Hollow (Animal Ark: Holiday Special, #22)
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones: Novelization
  • Guess Who's Coming to Santa's for Dinner?
  • Sacagawea: American Pathfinder
  • Pirates
  • Pirateology: The Pirate Hunter's Companion (Ologies, #4)
  • The Butcher and the Beast
  • The E.L. Konigsburg Collection
  • Camping Catastrophe (Ready, Freddy!, #14)
  • The Chicken Pox Panic (Cul-de-sac Kids, #2)
  • Ice Whale
  • Fire on Dark Water
Tui T. Sutherland, who sometimes writes under the pen name Rob Kidd, is a children's book author who has also written under the pen name Heather Williams. She shares another pen name, Erin Hunter, with writers Kate Cary and Cherith Baldry when they collaborate with editor Victoria Holmes on the Seekers and Warriors series of novels.In 2009, she appeared as a contestant on Jeopardy!, becoming a two ...more
More about Rob Kidd

Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Coming Storm (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #1)
  • The Pirate Chase (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #3)
  • The Sword of Cortés (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #4)
  • The Age of Bronze (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #5)
  • Silver (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #6)
  • City of Gold (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #7)
  • The Timekeeper (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #8)
  • Dance of the Hours (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #9)
  • Sins of the Fathers (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrows, #10)
  • Poseidon's Peak (Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
  • After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Clay's Ark (The Patternist Series)
  • The Iron Dragon's Daughter
  • Once Was a Time
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Broken Sword
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mind of My Mind (The Patternist Series)
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • The Bird Eater