Start by marking “The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan: Feel Full on Fewer Calories” as Want to Read:
The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan: Feel Full on Fewer Calories

The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan: Feel Full on Fewer Calories

Dieters everywhere have the same complaint: they're hungry all the time. Now this revolutionary book, based on sound scientific principles, can help you lose weight safely, effectively, and permanently without those gnawing pangs of hunger.

The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan introduces the concept of "energy density" -- concentration of calories in each portion of food. He
Published December 5th 2000 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published December 22nd 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan

Start your review of The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan: Feel Full on Fewer Calories
Jag
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very helpful concept, appreciated the illustrations. Had already learned much of this from the whole foods plant based lifestyle movement, but her suggestion to make sure foods had a high water content (e.g. incorporating broth-based soups or chillis) was very helpful.
Tracy
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: recipes
Someone suggested I look at this, but it was worth no more than a 15 minute skim. One interesting principal is that people eat the same weight of food per day so that you should generally eat foods high in water (ie fruits and vegetables). While the principal is new, the underlying thought is not revolutionary in the diet world. I mostly picked it up b/c my neighbors and are in a weight loss contest with our husband, but we are smoking them anyway, even without the Volumetrics.

The most humorous
Melanie G
May 20, 2013 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Reading Abscal Way & this. My physiatrist recommended The Abscal Way TQI to minimize internal inflammation caused by thyroid disease. My PCP recommended Volumetrics. So far, The Abscal Way very closes mirrors the Advocare meal plan, but adds a ratio of fruits/veggies to fat/protein/carbs. Once I've got them both finished, I should be able to follow a filling meal plan and lose the rest of the baby weight (at least that's the plan). ...more
Angie
Nov 04, 2007 rated it it was ok
A decent book. Can see where plans like weight watchers, etc have done their research. My problem with this book is that density is mass/volume, not the other way around. When the author starts talking about Energy Density, her formula is calories/mass. And then the book is called "Volumetrics". I don't know. Can't get past the words being muddled.
The point is correct though. Eat a larger volume of low calorie foods.
Kristal
Feb 22, 2008 rated it liked it
I am currently reading this book and it is very interesting the logic behind it. I think once you memorize the concept, it will be very helpful. More to report after the completion.

This book has some good pointers to help someone trying to add healthy habits and implement them while avoiding the process of starving when you reduce calories. My problem is keeping the frig stocked with "acceptable" food that doesn't go bad before I eat it.
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fitness-books
I like this book for the person seeking an understanding of nutritional balance and portion control - a healthy no-nonsense approach to eating. This is not for someone looking for a prescribed diet plan. The visuals are eye-opening!
Jul 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
I really liked the idea of this book. I have adopted a few of the techniques...eating more soup and adding veggies to my sandwiches to make them bigger for less calories. I enjoyed two of the recipes for the soup too.
Lisa
Aug 26, 2008 rated it liked it
This book has a lot of useful information so far. I've highlighted and bookmarked several sections. Hopefully it will help for 2009 weight-loss goals. ...more
Mike Cheng
Christa Biddle
rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Heart Forger (The Bone Witch, #2)
  • An Untamed Heart
  • Dragon's Time (Pern, #23)
  • Dragon Harper (Pern, #20)
  • The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)
  • Dragongirl (Pern, #22)
  • Every Fifteen Minutes
  • The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good!
  • Dragonseye (Pern, #14)
  • A Daughter's Dream (The Charmed Amish Life #2)
  • To Ride Pegasus (The Talent, #1)
  • Friction
  • Chased by Fire (The Cloud Warrior Saga, #1)
  • Changed by Fire (The Cloud Warrior Saga, #3)
  • Bound by Fire (The Cloud Warrior Saga, #2)
  • Fortress of Fire (The Cloud Warrior Saga, #4)
  • Forged in Fire (The Cloud Warrior Saga, #5)
  • Serpent of Fire (The Cloud Warrior Saga, #6)

News & Interviews