Jump to ratings and reviews

Love is Coming to Town

What’s a small town Christmas without a little romance?

Fake relationships, second chances, friends to lovers, and sexy brother’s best friends.

Mix in some small town gossip, meddling matchmakers, and Christmas magic and you have a perfect holiday escape.

Finding His Cheer by Claire Wilder
He loved and lost. She’s just lost. This Christmas, will love be the thing that finds them both?

Operation: Christmas Seduction by Megan Ryder
A sexy bartender seduces his crush of Christmas trees, gifts, and cookies. But when the season ends, will their romance too?

Second Chance Christmas: A Small Town Romance by Alexa Rivers
Breaking down outside her ex’s bar wasn’t part of the plan. Could a Christmas reunion reignite their old spark?

Love at Frost Sight by Bell Splendor
When two enemies come together, will it be steamy heat, or a melting iceberg of disaster?

Captivated by Danielle Pays
Needed: One fake boyfriend for the holidays. She never expected her brother’s best friend, aka her crush, to volunteer.

Twelve Days by Kate Stacy
She’s missing her usual holiday spirit, until a secret admirer gives her twelve days of Christmas she’ll never forget.

Christmas at La Villa Rosa by Rebecca Barton
Two creatives clashing on a joint project…surely it’s too cold to shut each other out, especially on Christmas Eve?

Her Second Chance Christmas by Kaci Rose
Her best friend’s Christmas wedding. A family reunion and the man she never thought she’d see again.

Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe by Dawn Luedecke
The only person who can put Sexy Santa in his place is a pain in the butt, and the perfect Mrs. Claus.

941 pages, Kindle Edition

Published September 10, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Alexa Rivers

35 books455 followers
Alexa Rivers writes about genuine characters living messy, imperfect lives and earning hard-won happily ever afters. Most of her books are set in small towns, and she lives in one of these herself. She shares a house with a neurotic dog and a husband who thinks he’s hilarious.

When she’s not writing, she enjoys traveling, baking, eating too much chocolate, cuddling fluffy animals, drinking excessive amounts of tea, and absorbing herself in fictional worlds.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 172 reviews
7,203 reviews85 followers
September 19, 2021
This is a great collection of short small town holiday romances with strong characters and entertaining story lines. You will have hours of reading pleasure with this anthology. Here's a few of my reviews:

Twelve Days by Kate Stacy
Maribelle is trying to deal with the loss of her parents and is especially hard during the holiday season. Caretaker to her younger siblings she tries to be strong for them. Damien is her best friend who wants to be more. The author brings all the feels in this one. It's filled with grief and pain,heartbreak and sadness,anticipation and love and is a heartfelt love story. The secondary characters play a huge part in the story. I loved reading this holiday romance.

Second Chance Christmas by Alexa Rivers
This is a short fast paced second chance romance between Evie and Davy. They were once a couple .. until she left him and the town behind. Now she's back ,lost in many ways. What are the odds of her being stranded in front of his bar? It's well written and is an enjoyable read.

Christmas at La Villa Rosa by Rebecca Barton
Caterina and Antonio are brought together to refurbish La Villa Rosa for their mutual friend,Enzo. They have a bumpy start but are able to smooth things out in order to work together. Both have insecurities and he's hiding being dyslexic ,afraid for her to find out. It's a short,emotional ,fast paced love story and I enjoyed reading.

Finding His Cheer by Claire Wilder
This is a well written book with strong characters and an emotional story line. The author brings all the feels in this short story and paints her scenes perfectly. I enjoyed reading the story.

Captivated by Danielle Pays
Garrett steps in to be Macy's fake boyfriend. I reality they've crushed on each other for years. The author brings a cast of strong characters and weaves a fast paced holiday romance filled with secrets and anxiety as well as the smokin hot chemistry. I loved reading this story.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this Anthology. All opinions in this review are my own and freely given.
Profile Image for Paganalexandria .
1,464 reviews
Shelved as 'in-collection-boxset'
December 31, 2021
12/31/21 currently free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C52J7J8

Finding His Cheer by Claire Wilder Finding His Cheer (Jewel Lakes Christmas Special) by Claire Wilder
Second Chance Christmas by Alexa Rivers Second Chance Christmas A Small Town Romance (Little Sky Romance Novellas, #2) by Alexa Rivers
Love At Frost Sight by Bell Splendor Love at Frost Sight by Kitty Gallant
Captivated by Danielle Pays Captivated (Dare to Risk, #4.5) by Danielle Pays
Her Second Chance Christmas by Kaci Rose
Operation: Christmas Seduction by Megan Ryder Operation Christmas Seduction by Megan Ryder
2,666 reviews18 followers
September 13, 2021
This is a small town Christmas Romance Anthology written by Nine different authors which some are new to me. This is a really enjoyable and magical selection of stories that take you in and believe in Christmas all over again. There are are a selection of different romance stories like second chance, brother's best friend, fake relationships, enemies to lover's, single dad.and many more and that is what makes this a real page turner. Each story is about a different couple and everything that they have to go through to get there happy ending and I thoroughly enjoyed reading every single one of them. I definitely recommend you read this box set and you will definitely not be disappointed.

Profile Image for natalie.
333 reviews8 followers
September 23, 2021
Whoo! What a read!

Love is Coming to Town is a Christmas anthology filled with amazing Chrismassy reads from nine different authors, most of which are new to me. I love a good Christmas read, and when I saw this up on BookSprout, eligible for ARC copies, I jumped at the chance. After all, this wasn't just a Christmas read, it was nine Christmas reads bundled up together into a collection! What more could a person ask for, right?

Each story was different, the characters special and the amazing part was that I didn't feel bored when I was reading this, nor did it feel like I was reading similar works. The only reason it took so long for me to finish was because I didn't have much time to spare this week, making this book stay on my current reads for... 5 days?! Wow.

Anyway, out of all the nine works, I'd say “Twelve Days” by Kate Stacy were the two stories that gave me the most Chrismassy feels. This one is probably my favorite story out of the whole collection as well. What does that say about me? Probably that I'm a sucker for cute Christmas stories that bring couple goals to a whole new level. I mean, who wouldn't want what Damien and Maribelle has between them? Definitely not me.

Ironically enough, when I signed up to receive the ARC copy of this, I clicked on Kate's version of this anthology. 😂 I didn't think I'd end up liking hers the most, but the concept of her story reeled me in at first so I signed up for hers. Please take note that her being the author I signed up to review the anthology for did not affect my view on the book. (I actually forgot which author's I signed up for originally until I went and checked today.)

Overall, this was such an enjoyable collection and I'd probably revisit some of the other author's works in the future. If anyone out there who's reading this likes Christmas romances as much as I do, make sure to grab your copy! It's a 100% recommendation from me!

Profile Image for Jenifer.
1,389 reviews6 followers
September 26, 2021
Even though this is a compilation book of 9 stories, I'm only reviewing Second Chance Christmas by Alexa Rivers.

This is a story about a wandering free spirit, Evelyn (Evie), who broke Davy's heart when they were in high school and has been wandering the New Zealand countryside for the past 9 years taking odd jobs where she can to make ends meet. On Christmas Eve her car breaks down right outside of Davy's bar in her hometown. Not wanting to face her past, she decides to sleep in her car until the mechanics shop opens on Boxing Day. Once Davy realizes that she's sleeping in the car and getting rained on through the leaking roof, he invites her into his apartment to warm up and dry off. She ends up staying until the morning of Boxing day. She meets his family for Christmas Lunch, plays a game of Rugby with him and and friends and they renew their passion for each other in a steamy tryst on Christmas night. However, her spirit takes her away from him again and he's left heart-broken for the second time. But can he swallow his pride enough to woo her back just in time for a New Year?
203 reviews9 followers
September 11, 2021
What an amazing anthology! I couldn’t stop reading. Each story brought a new adventure for a different couple. There was a single dad-can he get his daughter out of her funk, after a tragic event happens, a guy going after his dream girl, and even friends who may give love a go. There were plenty of laughs and not knowing what would happen next. The perfect blend of holiday cheer and even bringing some people who aren’t Christmas people into the spirit. One thing I realized is love is out there and Christmas time definitely helps bring people together.
Profile Image for Lucia Valenzuela.
855 reviews7 followers
September 11, 2021
Great Christmas anthology with lots of cute stories. I enjoyed reading all of them, but I think my favorite was “Twelve Days”. All the stories were different and had interesting characters. Grab yourself a little Christmas cheer now.
I received a free copy of this book and this is my voluntary, honest review.
Profile Image for Cheryl.
223 reviews2 followers
September 4, 2021
This anthology has several charming stories for the romantic to enjoy! I spent a lovely afternoon reading about heroes, heroines, and second chances and fake relationships. This has a little something for everyone. Enjoy!

4,622 reviews31 followers
August 28, 2021
Get yourself an early Christmas gift.
I will be honest it is just a bit early for me to be reading Christmas stories but I really like the authors included in this collection so could not pass up the arc. There are lovely romances in this collection, second chances at making it work, enemies to lover tales, there is gossip and misguided friends, and let’s not forget a wedding. You have a wonderful mix bag of tales that are sure to please. Some of these charmers I am going to re-visit during the holidays I enjoyed then so much. Great characters, awesome writing, and a sheer pleasure to read I highly recommend the collection. I did receive a free copy of this book from Booksprout and voluntarily chose to review it.
487 reviews
September 18, 2021
A wonderful collection of stories from some of my favorite authors. This really helped me get into the Christmas spirit a little early!!!

A perfect balance of sweet and steamy!
Profile Image for C Gray.
1,154 reviews12 followers
My review is for Captivated by Danielle Pays

So when I heard Danielle was writing this I got super excited especially since we were left wondering what happened with Garrett and we get to find out.

Grab a glass of wine, a few tissues and a blanket because once you start this you won’t be able to put it down. 🖤🎄❤️🎄🖤
803 reviews3 followers
September 12, 2021
Great collection of books to read. All of them were equally good. Definitely some feel good reading about love. Second chances do happen at the right moment. You just have to believe.

1,247 reviews5 followers
September 12, 2021
I love Christmas, I love reading Christmas Romances.
This set is awesome, each story is different and you can find something, you will like..
I loved all stories.
710 reviews4 followers
September 29, 2021
I enjoyed reading these 9 stories about couples who connect around the Christmas holidays.
FINDING HIS CHEER
Heath is a grieving widower with a daughter who has been quiet since her mom died 3 years ago. Morgan lives alone next door since her cheating ex left and goes to Heath for help when her electricity goes out. His daughter attempts to play matchmaker but will Morgan and Heath give in to their attraction and find happiness together?
OPERATION CHRISTMAS SEDUCTION
Ryan owns a bar and loves going all out with Christmas spirit but Paige and her stuffy family never had a happy Christmas. Can Ryan instill the fun holiday spirit in Page so they can enjoy a happy Christmas and a HEA?
SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS
Evie left her hometown and Davy behind after high school to see the World but she ends up back there years later when her car breaks own outside his bar on Christmas Eve. Will they reconnect and is Evie now ready to try to find happiness Davy?
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
Anita is an uptight interior decorator and city councilor known as Ice Queen who coordinates the town’s Christmas decorations and this year she is forced to work with Derek, a carpenter and hockey hottie. Can they work together to help the town and find happiness togetherness?
CAPTIVATED
Garrett has wanted a relationship with his best friend’s sister, Macy, but his friend made it clear that she was off limit for him. However, Garrett steps in to help Macy when her controlling father insists that she marry his business associate by Christmas. Will Garrett and Macy finally connect and find happiness together?
TWELVE DAYS
Maribelle, 25, is raising her teenage siblings after her parents’ death and her bisexual best friend, Damien, starts leaving her mysterious gift boxes for the 12 days of Christmas that all mention events from her past and that they are from her true love. Will Maribelle realize that the gifts are from Damien?
CHRISTMAS AT LA VILLA ROSA
Caterina has finished design school and now works in the city but returns home for the Christmas holidays and visits the restaurant where she waitressed for years. Her former boss asks her to work with his friend, Antonio, to design a culinary school. Antonio is a fantastic carpenter but he is dyslexic and his ideas are in his head while Caterina does her sketches on the computer. Even though they have different creative approaches, will they be able to work together and find happiness?
HER SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS
Kaitlyn is now a nurse and returns home after 7 years for her friend’s Christmas wedding. She stayed away because of her evil stepmother and stepsister who made her life miserable but she still kept in touch with her father. While there she sees her former boyfriend, Grayson, who she broke up with because of her stepsister’s lies. They only have 2 weeks together but will they reconnect and find their way to happiness again?
KISS ME UNDER THE MISTLETOE
Sarah runs a bakery and volunteers at the library and punched Santa after he kissed her at the library Christmas party, not realizing the were under mistletoe. Gabriel was dressed as Santa but he actually owns the new gym opening in town. The bakery and gym wage a war with signs to get customers. Sarah and Gabriel are attracted but will these rivals begin a relationship?

I enjoyed all of these stories that occurred over the Christmas season and recommend reading this book. The stories have different themes: second chances, enemies to lovers, instalove, best friends, best friend’s sister, and opposites. There is drama, fun, love, some epilogues, and hopefully HEA’s for all.

Profile Image for Sarah Nielsen.
2,781 reviews10 followers
September 29, 2021
I received this as an arc for my honest review.

This was a good collection of stories, some I loved and some I didn’t. Each story reviewed below.

Finding His Cheer: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was a great Christmas story about finding love after loss. Heath lost his wife and has been struggling ever since. Morgan is struggling after her divorce. I loved the chemistry between them and their way to each other. And Ruby was just a darling.

Operation: Christmas Seduction: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I really enjoyed this story. It was my first time reading Megan Ryder but I’m definitely open to reading more from her. The storyline was cute and filled with all things Christmas. My only problem was that I prefer to read first person point of view as opposed to the third person point of view, but otherwise it was great.

Second Chance Christmas: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was a great second chance romance, this is one of my favorite tropes so I’m always excited to read a story with that trope and this definitely lived up to my expectations. Evie and Davy dated in high school but she ended up breaking his heart and leaving town. Now she’s back. I loved the chemistry between them and their banter. I think that I have to go back and read the other stories in the series as I enjoyed this so much.

Love at Frost Sight: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was a good story, but I’m not really a big fan of the bully trope. I liked writing and the storyline was entertaining but I didn’t like the way Derek had treated Anita in high school.

Captivated: ⭐️⭐️⭐️

This story was a bit lacking for me. I didn’t really connect with the characters and I simply hated Macy’s family. This story was just not my cup of tea.

Twelve Days: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was a great friends to lovers romance. I loved the way Damien went about telling Maribelle that he was in love with her. It was just such a cute story.

Christmas at La Villa Rosa: ⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was an okay story but I didn’t feel it. The storyline was basic and to me the characters were very flat.

Her Second Chance Christmas: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

A five star story if ever I’ve read one. This had all the things that make a story great to me. First off the characters, Kaitlin and Grayson were so great together, they had awesome chemistry and they felt real. Secondly the storyline just kept me enthralled and I couldn’t put the story down. And then finally the story was full of steamy goodness. I loved it and I can’t wait to read the next part of the Oakside Military Heroes series.

Kiss Me under the Mistletoe: ⭐️⭐️

This was just so far from being my kind of story. The storyline was unbelievable and a bit ridiculous. Gabe was too arrogant and Sarah didn’t even seem to like like herself, so how could I?
Profile Image for Donna.
Author 7 books24 followers
February 6, 2022
Overall, I give this book 4 stars.

Finding His Cheer by Claire Wilder--4 Stars
The story was enjoyable. There was definite chemistry between Heath and Morgan. Heath's hesitancy about moving on after losing his wife, while at the same time feeling ready, was realistic, IMO. Ruby was a sweetheart. I'm just not a big fan of insta-love.

Second Chance Christmas by Alexa Rivers--3 Stars
This was an okay story. I never cared for Evie. I understand her sad behavior but she just never rang true to me. Davy deserved better than her, IMO. After reading the story, I feel like it was an HFN because I can't see Evie settling down.

Love at Frost Sight by Bell Splendor--4 Stars
This reminded me of a Hallmark movie. Except there was sex. Anita and Derek are polar opposites but they fit together quite nicely. They had chemistry. They each evolved as the relationship progressed.

Captivated by Danielle Pays--4 Stars
Garrett and Macy have chemistry. They've secretly been in love with the other for years but never let on. I don't care for the trope of the best friend's little sister being off-limits. I didn't like the fact that Hal had no problem using his daughter as a pawn to benefit himself. I would have liked it if Virginia had left him.

Twelve Days by Kate Stacy--5 Stars
Damien was so romantic. His 12 days of gifts definitely made him a keeper. Actually, everything he did made him a keeper. I couldn't figure out how Maribelle didn't know it was him. Their love was so obvious and intense.

Christmas at La Villa Rose by Rebecca Barton--3 Stars
Caterina was a likable character. I didn't like Antonio. He blew hot and cold all the time. One minute he would seem like a standoffish, cold fish; the next he was having sex with Caterina. Plus, I got the impression he was a lot older than her. I also don't care for insta-love.

Her Second Chance Christmas by Kaci Rose--4 Stars
Kaitlyn and Grayson were both likable, developed characters. They had chemistry. It irked me that Kaitlyn's dad was so blind to how Helen and Linda treated her. And that he supported Linda and her brat. At least he finally came to his senses.

Operation Christmas Seduction by Megan Ryder--4 Stars
Paige and Ryan are so totally different but somehow their relationship works. I loved how romantic Ryan was. I was glad that Paige finally stood up for herself and told her family off. However, I thought her family's complete 180 was a bit far-fetched.

Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe by Dawn Luedecke--4 Stars
I liked the story okay but I thought the idea of Sarah and Gabe being rivals was ridiculous. A bakery and a gym can both exist in the same block. Gabe and Sarah were likable and they had chemistry.
Profile Image for Courtney.
1,761 reviews1 follower
September 22, 2021
This anthology is full of sweet, Holiday love, second chances, finding the Christmas Spirit, and steam. I read a few but plan to go back and read them all because each was unique yet beautiful and perfect to get the readers in the Holiday mood.
Finding His Cheer by Claire Wilder:
This quick read was full of emotions that pull you in and you never want to let go. Heath lost his wife years ago and he is doing everything he possibly can to make sure his daughter isn’t hurting and knows she is always loved, yet he can’t seem to let himself be happy. Morgan is Heath’s neighbor and needs help with her electricity so she runs over to ask him if he can help, what she doesn’t realize is that her opportune moment showed Heath he can feel things again. Both characters are broken from past heartaches and trying to learn how to move forward. Heath is resistant at first but then he realizes that life is too short, and he wants his daughter to know that happiness without forgetting the past. Ruby was perfect for these two, she showed them how to be strong and how to love. This was such a cute and emotional read that I didn’t want it to end but loved how it did.

Operation-Christmas Seduction by Megan Ryder:
Paige is a grinch when it comes to Christmas which is no surprise because of the way her family is this time of year. She thinks the Christmas spirit is nonexistent and that it is only a holiday for little kids, but Ryan has made it his personal duty to get her in the spirit. Slowly Ryan starts to turn Paige’s attitude about Christmas around, but her family seem to always get in her way. This cute read was also emotional when it came to Paige and her learning how to stand up for herself without losing the one person who always believed in her.

Her Second Chance Christmas by Kaci Rose:
This quick read was such a cute and sweet second chance read. Kaitlyn is back in town to see her dad and attend her best friend’s wedding but what she wasn’t expecting was to run into the guy that held her heart even after years apart. Things ended tragically for Grayson and Kaitlyn when the man she was in love with was accused of sleeping with her stepsister. Not wanting to stick around to hear anyone out Kaitlyn left and never looked back. Are old wounds still festering or has enough time passed that they can get back to what they once were? I loved these two together and they deserved all the happiness, but Kaitlyn’s stepmother and stepsister were horrible people, and I was glad when she called them out on it and her dad saw the light. I loved this read so much!!!
Profile Image for Marnie.
1,071 reviews18 followers
This Christmas Anthology gave my Grinchy heart all the happy

I started out reading just one story in this anthology, and three stories later, I moved from my seat. My review is for Twelve Days.

Straight off the from the first paragraph, Author Kate Stacy had me in tears, which usually isn’t a problem, but I was sitting in a very public place, and she completely caught me by surprise. The melancholy air of grief hung heavy in the words as Mirabelle tells us about her family situation and she and her siblings were characters that I just loved. All I’ll say is that I was a see-saw of tears, smiles then tears again.

Book boyfriends don’t come any better than Damien, and in this Friends-to-Lovers book he was just gorgeous, from his romantic heart to the top of his growly head. Mind made up, he finally was going after the woman he had always loved, no one, not even the smarmy ex-boyfriend was going to get in his way. As he enlisted the help of their friends and family, we got to meet the wider crowd as secondary characters, and if you enjoyed their company, I urge you to check out Ms Stacy’s previous books. I highly recommend them all.

In essence, this is a beautiful and uplifting story that started with me crying tears of grief, and ending with tears of happiness. I’ll straight up own that I am a Christmas Grinch, and I hate all things Christmas. But Christmas themed books give me all the happy, warming the cockles of my Grinchy heart, and Ms Stacy’s book is one that I’ll re-read and love. 4.5 Stars.

#mumsalwaysreading #bookblogger #bookreviewer #marnsreads #marnsj
Profile Image for Maria.
1,472 reviews5 followers
September 29, 2021
Awesome stories! This book has nine stories each by a different author. The first one is from Claire Wilder.

Finding His Cheer – Claire Wilder – the story is about Heath, the widower, and Morgan, the divorcee. He has not been able to let go, and she was left with too much house to handle by a cheating ex. Of course, little Ruby has a lot to do with them finding a forever happy life.

Operation: Christmas Seduction – Megan Ryder – this book is too funny. Who does not like Christmas, well meet Paige and of course, you have Ryan who loves it. Well although her parents think she may be the cause and not her ex of their breakup, she is allowing Ryan to seduce her with the Christmas spirit.

Second Chance Christmas – Alex Rivers – This is about Evie and Davy – second chance to love again!

Love at Frost Sight – Bell Splendor – This is about Anita and Derek – can Derek melt her heart?

Captivated – Danielle Pays – This is about Macy and Garrett – will big brothers best friend save her?

Twelve Days – Kate Stacy – This is about Maribelle and Damien – will 12 gifts bring them together forever?

Christmas at La Villa Rosa – Rebecca Barton – This is about Enzo and Caterina – will Caterina’s distractions keep him on his toes.

Her Second Chance Christmas – Kaci Rose – This is about Kaitlyn Grayson – a second chance to make up for lost time!

Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe – Dawn Luedecke - This is about Gabe and Sarah – Santa and Mrs. Claus!

Profile Image for Floraljoy.
744 reviews
September 10, 2021
A good selection of sweet & sexy stories:
I don't usually select anthologies as I tend to prefer longer, more fleshed out stories. I am so glad I took a chance on this collection however. There was a little something for everyone, with the common denominator being sweet little stories which had a touch of Christmas spice. Here are my thoughts on some of the stories:
Finding His Cheer - Claire Wilder
I fell in love with Heath, Morgan and Ruby. You'd never know it was a short story as it had all the feels and came across as well put together and complete. It could be totally read as a standalone yet it was nice catching up with old friends from the Jewel Lake series.
Second Chance Christmas - Alexa Rivers
This book was set in a small town in New Zealand and it was fun seeing Christmas celebrations in the warm Southern Hemisphere. Evie was hurting and a little lost and it was nice seeing her finally come to a place of meaning and belonging in her life. Somehow I didn't quite feel a spark or connection between the characters.
Her Second Chance Christmas - Kaci Rose
Unfortunately not as polished as other books in the series and it requires further editing as not everything added up. I did enjoy the latter part of the book more and the ending was sweet and satisfying.
2,760 reviews19 followers
September 11, 2021
These stories all take place during the holidays and center around couple that get a second chance in life, and love. They are also stories about forgiveness and trust.
Among my favorites are:

SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS
BY ALEXA RIVERS
Evie and Davy were a couple in their youth but Evie hurt Davy deeply , leaving him and the town she grew up behind. But now that Evie’s mom has passed away, she is out of sorts, out of money, and much to her demise, her car breaks down in from of Davy’s bar. Is that a curse or the opportunity to find love once again with that special person?

HER SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS
BY KACI ROSE
The story of Kaitlyn and Grayson is one of second chances in love and life.
These two were sweethearts but the day before Grayson was due to be deployed, her step-sister’s lies destroyed the budding love.
Years later they meet again. Kaitlyn , back is back in town for a friend’s wedding, and Grayson has left the military. Feelings never died but once again, the past comes back to create havoc. Will they find their HEA?
If you have read the author’s Oakside Military Rehab Center, you have met nurse Kaitlyn. This is her story.

I was entrusted a copy of this anthology. The opinions expressed are solely my own.
Profile Image for Donna.
772 reviews6 followers
September 27, 2021
This is a group of 9 short stories centered around small town holiday romance.
Here are a couple of my reviews:

Her Second Chance Christmas by Kaci Rose
Kaitlyn hasn't been home in 7 years but has to go for her best friend's wedding as she's the maid of honor. She loves her Dad but her step family are horrible and even caused the break up with her boyfriend, Grayson right before he deployed.
When Kaitlyn shows up on base to see her dad she runs in Grayson and is shocked he's there. Her dad never mentioned it but that's how Grayson has managed to keep up with everything about her. He talks her into getting together and the more time they spend together the more Kaitlyn has missed him and they grow closer together. But once again things are too good to be true and the step family tears them apart.
Who will Kaitlyn believe? Will they have their happily ever after?
5 stars

Twelve Days by Kate Stacy
This is the 2nd Christmas without her parents that Maribelle has to get through. At the age of 25 she is raising her 2 teenage siblings after her parents died in a car accident.
Damien is her best friend and has always been a rock for her but he wants to be so much more. So he creates a way to show her.
This is such a sweet story of loss, pain, grief and love.
4 stars

Profile Image for Emily Pennington.
16.6k reviews208 followers
Love Anthology . . .

Lots of love is offered here through fake relationships, second chances, friends-to-lovers, and sexy brother’s best friends. Add a touch of small town gossip, meddling matchmakers, and Christmas magic and you are ready for the holidays! Below is a review of one of the books to give you an idea of what is offered here.

Titles included in this Anthology are:

♥ FINDING HIS CHEER by Claire Wilder
♥ CHRISTMAS AT LA VILLA ROSA by Rebecca Barton
♥ HER SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS by Kaci Rose
♥ KISS ME UNDER THE MISTLETOE by Dawn Luedecke

*** Reviewing “FINDING HIS CHEER” by Claire Wilder ***
This wonderful story deals with grief in a realistic yet sensitive manner. We see the interactions among Morgan (neighbor), Ruby (Heath’s daughter), and Heath and how the grieving Heath and Ruby were able to open themselves to the possibility of life and love after so much pain when Heath’s wife died. They had continued grieving even after 3 years had passed, just going through the motions of living. Ruby has withdrawn into herself, and Heath is barely functional. But when their next door neighbor, Morgan, asks for help, Heath can re-focus on someone else in need. Morgan also was suffering when her ex-husband walked out and left her with nothing but a wreck of a house that needs major work. She connected with Ruby. In reaching out and trying to help each other, they all begin to gradually open their hearts again, bringing healing laughter, love, and hope. The story is beautiful and uplifting. And there is so much more in this Anthology for you to experience. Grab your copy and enjoy!

1,575 reviews15 followers

3 stars

Macy and Garrett, the female and male lead characters, have had a unrecognised reciprocal crush on each other since they were teens, though Macy’s brother made Garrett promise not to have a relationship with his sister. When Macy is desperate to escape from her father’s machinations for a business aligned marriage, Garrett acts as her fake boyfriend and their relationship develops from there.

This novella is dual POV, straightforward and well written. I found the angst towards the end, regarding the man who Macy’s father expected her to marry a bit over the top and unnecessary.

Profile Image for Angie Barnes.
1,373 reviews7 followers
September 30, 2021
This is an eight-book collection about different couples finding love at Christmas. Each couple has different situations they overcome in order to be together. One couple, the female has a jealous step-sister that gets between them. Another couple went to school together but when bullied, he never stood up for her and now he is telling her he is sorry and he always liked her. If you enjoy a heartfelt Christmas romance, then this collection is for you.
I would recommend it to anyone.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Profile Image for Jenn the Readaholic.
1,591 reviews39 followers
August 24, 2021
If you’re hoping to find a reason to look forward to the holidays, this anthology is for you. There’s some second chance love, sibling’s best friend love, best friends into more, and some healing after loss love here. None of these stories are OTT unbelievable reads, either. They’re all guaranteed to make you think about love, loss, Christmas cookies, cooler weather, and how important family is. Not just family by blood either. Family by choice, friends, and those waiting to become friends or something more. All in all, this is a good escape from the summer heat and a nice glimpse into what cooler weather could bring this year.
30 reviews1 follower
February 18, 2022

A lovely story. Felicity and Wyatt have an interesting meet-cute beginning to say the least. Felicity needs to feel she belongs and be accepted and cared for. Wyatt had an unfortunate and life changing relationship go very bad and as left him a broken and bitter man. Felicity is a writer and specializes in horror books.
This town of Oak Bend is something special and I hope to see more books .. maybe the next one can star the sexy Policeman who had a part in Wyatts nightmare. I know there’s more to his story!
5* book!!
Profile Image for Jamoz23.
4,831 reviews39 followers
October 23, 2022
I grabbed this as a free read last December.
I am tidying up my books and thought it was past time to read this.
Not really Christmassy enough for me.
Most of the stories were average with some really unbelievable or silly.
The best for me was TWELVE DAYS by Kate Stacey, though it has a major plot annoyance for me, it was sweet with lovable characters.

FINDING HIS CHEER by CLAIRE WILDER
3 stars. Sweet and enjoyable. I did at one point think we were going to have ridiculous too and froing over Heaths guilty feelings but that didn’t occur.
He asked for and listened to advice given. Sensible.
It just ended short of what I wanted. An engagement at least would have been nice. They are not getting younger, especially as Morgan wants children.
Just wish the dog’s owner had been dealt with. An apology and compensation would have been nice.
SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS by ALEXA RIVERS
2 stars. This just didn’t work at all for me.
There was no reveal of when they broke up, just a few words of explanation.
I just couldn’t like Evelyn. She seemed stubborn, dysfunctional and just plain sloppy about her life. Yes, she’s had lots of jobs and done different things but she seems unreliable. Being a nomad felt like an excuse.
Had she been home over the years to see the mother she had just lost, see her friends?
No apology to Davy at all for just running away as she did.
Davy deserves better. But it seems he’s had no life over the past 9 years. Has he had relationships, even been serious about anyone?
LOVE AT FROST SIGHT by BELL SPLENDOR
2.5 stars.
I didn’t like how disparaging Derek was about Anita.
All the continual ice queen comments, and not just by him but his friends, including Anita’s own brother, but he wants to have sex with her.
So romantic. He comes across as immature. He had a crush on Anita since high school, but became the town manwhore instead of pursuing her.
Anita is goal orientated. Overzealous, sure, but at least she’s an adult and is wanting good things for the town. But again, she just comes across as too controlling.
The whole romance thing was intangible for me.
CAPTIVATED by DANIELLE PAYS
2 stars. This is absolute unbelievable nonsense.
OMG. Garrett isn’t man enough to tell his friend he wants to date his sister and he can’t be honest with Macy. He came across as a jerk instead of admitting he’d wanted to be with her for years.
Can’t believe Macy put up with all her father’s crap, even accepting a marriage to try to save her father’s hide.
Really didn’t like Macy’s family at all. Even the mother was gutless after finding out the truth.
And then to go there for Christmas dinner. WTH.
TWELVE DAYS by KATE STACY
3 stars. I really enjoyed this lovely story. Had all the feels in it. Sadness, joy, humour, love, support and betrayal.
I loved both siblings Poppy and Asher and most of the other characters were nice.
The charm gifts were delightful.
I just can’t get over Damien being bisexual though. Really, did we need that put in.
Damien has only dated men, for years, even having a long-term relationship with another man. He’s apparently never dated a woman, ever, but loves and wants to be with only Maribelle.
No wonder Maribelle didn’t think it was him. I wouldn’t believe it was him either.
That one premise just ruined the whole story for me.
CHRISTMAS AT LA VILLA ROSA by REBECCA BARTON
A bit strange with little connection between myself as the reader and the two main characters.
This was too short to do this story justice and that seems a pity. The dyslexia angle could have been played up better.
HER SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS by KACI ROSE
3 stars. Enjoyable read with some step family drama.
Liked this and the main characters including Kaitlin’s dad.
Kaitlin had strong valid reasons for not being in Kentucky but leaving Grayson as she did and at that point was cowardly.
She knew her stepsister was a consummate liar. She didn’t even tell Grayson she believed in him.
Ends nicely and I hope the dad gets a HEA too one day.
OPERATION: CHRISTMAS SEDUCTION by MEGAN RYDER
3 stars. Liked Ryan, not a huge fan of Paige. Did like Ryan’s family and friends.
This started nice and felt Christmassy, until we meet Paige’s over bearing and rude family.
Paige is a doormat who cannot stand up for herself, or let Ryan stand up for her. She keeps stating she loves her family, but they denigrate and ignore who she is.
Though this all ends well, with her family trying to be nice, it felt off. It was also telling they didn’t believe Paige about her fiancé cheating until it became undeniable.
Ryan was very holiday enthused. His family is just down to earth, hardworking and loving. The antithesis of Paige’s family.
KISS ME UNDER THE MISTLETOE by DAWN LUEDECKE
1 star. DNF.
I just couldn’t get into this rivalry between a bakery and gym.
Why? it seemed stupid to be so antagonistic towards a new business that didn’t impact yours. People eat cake then go to the gym to work it off. So really the two businesses are complementary.
People need both so there was no need for any spying or silliness.
Just couldn’t carry on reading.
354 reviews
October 11, 2021
Great Holiday Collection

This collection has many parts. I loved the entire collection, but these are my favorites:

Finding His Cheer by Claire Wilder
Heath (Single Dad) + Morgan (cute neighbor) = a love match for the holidays! In this Jewel Lake story, I loved the pacing, the fun secondary characters and how Heath goes on a journey to recover from his wife's death several years ago; Morgan has her own emotional journey to recover from her ex husband's mistreatment. Will Heath's wounded heart open to allow in Morgan as more than just a neighbor? Will Morgan trust Heath to help her navigate the road of love to a happily ever after? The pacing was great and the novella is well-written.

Operation: Christmas Seduction - by Megan Ryder
Ryan (Bar owner - very British) and Paige (History Professor) are delightful! I love how Ryan doesn't give up. His journey is when and how to chase and seduce the woman he finds attractive. Paige's emotional journey includes getting over a breakup, and dealing with her family. The novella is well-written, with excellent pacing. The secondary characters are hilarious and I can see them in future works by Megan Ryder. Will Ryan succeed in winning over Paige complete with mistletoe during the holiday season? Will Paige allow herself to hope and to take a chance on someone new or will the ghosts of Christmas Past provide a Scrooged and all too brief holiday love?

Second Chance Christmas by Alexa Rivers
Davy and Evie - I love this second chance love with two people who just need time to figure things out. Evie's emotional journey is about how to stay put instead of leaving to chase her dreams elsewhere. Davy's emotional journey is how to allow himself to love and not give up on the woman who captured his heart early on. When Fate drops Evie right on Davy's doorstep, will he take a chance once again? When Evie finds herself back home, will she allow herself to be open to love that is right in front of her. I loved writing, the pacing, and the funny secondary characters.

Her Second Chance Christmas by Kaci Rose
Kaitlyn and Grayson - She's only going back because of her best friend's wedding. He's trying to make up for a something that didn't happen seven years earlier. Sometimes the heart just needs a bit of prodding. Kaitlyn's emotional journey includes dealing with family heartache; Grayson's emotional journey involves making the most of a second chance. Will Kaitlyn let things play out differently this time or will Grayson remain empty handed? This is a well-written novella with great pacing and terrific secondary characters.

Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe by Dawn Luedecke
Sarah and Gabriel - She's a bakery owning beauty with a dirty right hook; he's a gym owning hottie who likes kissing under the mistletoe. Can their businesses co-exist around the holiday times? Will Gabriel convince Sarah that a kiss under the mistletoe is just the start? Will Sarah choose the new hot guy over a good book? This is a fun holiday read with lots of laughter, great secondary characters, and a fun take on the holidays. For anyone who's been torn between noshing at a bakery and working it off at the gym, this is a delightful read.

2,481 reviews8 followers
September 30, 2021
I read the following short stories in the Love is Coming to Town Christmas Anthology:

Finding His Cheer by Clair Wider features Heath, a widower and single parent who has not recovered from the death of his wife three years ago, and Morgan, recently divorced after her husband cheated on her who seeks assistance from Heath (her next door neighbor) for an electrical problem. Both characters are struggling to overcome their personal losses but they find they have a strong attraction for each other. Ruby, the daughter of Heath, plays her part in getting the couple together.

Operation Christmas Seduction by Megan Ryder features Paige, who has been raised as a Christmas grinch by her family, and Ryan, a bar owner who makes it his job to provide Paige with the Christmas spirit. The family of Paige, however, keeps trying to control her until Ryan steps in to help her stand up for what she believes. This is an emotional read which is full of the Christmas spirit.

Second Chance Christmas by Alexa Rivers focuses on Evie and Davy who were high school sweethearts until she left to see the world. Evie returns to her hometown where her car breaks down in front of the bar owned by Davy on Christmas Eve. The couple find they still have their steamy chemistry for each other in this second Chance romance.

Captivated is written by Danielle Pays and is a taboo romance between Garrett, who is in love with the sister of his best friend, and Macy, who is being tormented by her father to marry his business associate on Christmas. Despite being told to stay away from Macy, Garrett comes to her rescue her from the unwanted marriage and find love instead.

Her Second Chance by Kace Rose is the story of Kaitlin, a nurse who returns to her hometown after seven years for a wedding, and Grayson, her past high school love who she left after her stepsister lied about him. When they meet again Kaitlin finds out the truth about Grayson and their old feelings for one another rekindles.

Twelve Days by Kate Stacy is a friends to lovers romance between Maribell, who is raising her siblings after the deaths of her parent and no longer has the Christmas spirit, and Damien, her best friend who leaves her gifts for the twelve days of Christmas to lift her spirits. Each gift captures a happy event in her past and let’s her know he loves her.

Christmas at La Villa Rosa by Rebecca Barton features the story of Caterina, a design school graduate who is savey with computers, and Antonio, a dyslexic carpenter. When Caterina visits her former boss at the restaurant she used to work, he asks her to work with Antonio to create a culinary school. Despite their differences the couple is able to find love.

Kiss Me Under The Mistletoe by Dawn Luedecke is a rival to lovers romance between Sarah, a bakery owner who volunteers at her community library, and Gabe, the owner of a new gym who is playing Santa at the library’s Christmas party. When he kisses Sarah at the party she hits him not knowing she is standing under mistletoe. This sets up a business rivalry which ends in love.

Displaying 1 - 30 of 172 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.