Start by marking “Freefall” as Want to Read:
Freefall

Freefall

(The Wind & the Roar Trilogy #1)

One life-changing conversation in the dark lit with high voltage attraction
The unexpected hits me and Violet like a bolt of lightning right when we need each other the most.

I may be a rockstar on the rise, and Violet, a small town girl with big artistic dreams, but we share a roar of connection, a blaze of desire. Intense, thrilling, and I don’t want to let go.

But I ha
ebook
Published September 8th 2021 by Freefall

To ask other readers questions about Freefall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freefall

Start your review of Freefall
Claire Annovazzi
Aug 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
It felt more like a sneak peek into a book than a book in itself, but it was definitely an intriguing introduction to a whole new world.

In such a short read, you still get a feel of who Violet and Beck are, through their words and actions, though the other characters are but silhouettes in the background. Still, it was enough to understand most of the dynamics between all of them.

The connection between Beck and Violet was intense, even though it gets nowhere–yet.

I got a taste, now I’m hungry for
Michelle  Brown
Sep 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Big Sigh…

Oh to be amongst this world once again.

Cat Porter is a favourite author of mine and this novella was beautifully written to whet the appetite for what is to come.

To hear how Lanore and Finger are together from both Violet and Beck POV was great as Fury was a favourite book of mine.

Can’t wait to read the rest of this series.
Julie
Sep 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, arc, sept
A teaser novella, about three chapters, but a perfect introduction for what is to come: we get just enough to want more. Violets and Becks are now on my radar, and I want to read their story.

Thank you to the author for the advanced copy; this is my voluntary review.
MJLovestoRead
Aug 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-books, arc
Freefall is a fast and easy start to the Wind and the Roar trilogy. Cat Porter sets up our couple to see each other at Pete's Tavern in our beloved Meager. Beck Lanier as the up-and-coming rocker, mesmerizes everyone, including his devoted mother, with his solo performance, giving the young Violet a jolt to her system she never saw coming.

Once these two are alone and have a deep conversation about choices they've made and the path ahead of them, the sparks fly almost immediately. Neither can see
"We only got one shot at life, Violet. Only one"

Violet & Beck love story is short and a BIG tease.
I really hope next books are longer because I want to know about their families and their home town.

Straight away Violet is a silent rebel especially when it come to her brother's hot 5 best friends. Who I want to meet. Her and Beck do have a history their mams know each other and she knows his mam.

Beck is a talent singers and I love the break down of the song he was singing to his mam. The song c
Michele A.
Sep 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
We get a sneak peak (or an appetizer as it were) of Violet and Beck. She is searching for something in her life and Beck provides inspiration to go for what she wants. Beck finds himself wanting a bit more with Violet but life gets in the way. After giving a great performance of a song for his mother, Beck is seeking affirmation of his feelings towards his mom and life. Violet gives him that. He then gives her great advice for her own life. Their chemistry was there. Can't wait to see where thes ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Freefall is a very short read that whetted my appetite for more of Violet & Beck. Basically it's about them meeting, and the sparks are flying but not much has happened to this point. They have an intense connection already which is why I'm dying inside for more, and I devoured it very quickly. So yeah, it's basically their introduction so I'm not sure what direction it will take but I know I'm here for it, and you will be as well after you hit those one click buttons! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! ...more
Joy  Avery
5 ⭐'s
      For there to be only three chapters in this book, I was foaming at the mouth for the next book like many of you will. This was a prologue to The Whisper and The Roar Trilogy and it was everything needed to get Cat Porter's fans ready and willing for Whirlwind to get here.

"I want to dance in the wind, sing in the roar."

I love that lyric so much. I will definitely get that tattooed on my body. Is Whirlwind here yet? Please hurry!
Jo
Sep 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ah, back to Meager we go! This little nugget of a story shares a glimpse of what’s around the corner in the next installment from Cat Porter. We see a very short but intense interaction between Beck and Violet. This very brief interlude ignites a fire in Violet that sets her on a different path, one that is life-changing. I can’t wait to see what unfolds in the remaining trilogy. This little novella touches only the tip of the iceberg of what is yet to come!!
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the first part of a trilogy, and we are introduced to Beck and Violet. Beck is an up-and-coming rockstar, while Violet has big artistic dreams, and the sparks fly between these two when they meet, and there is an intense connection between them. This is a short read which is intriguing. I look forward to reading the next part, and I recommend this authors’ work.
hopelesslyinlovewith_books
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love the way this trilogy is heading. Once again even through just a short beginning story of Beck and Violet’s beginning, Cat Porter’s words shine through. I want to devour this whole trilogy just from the couple chapters of this book!
Konny
Aug 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Freefall is the first installment in The Wind and the Roar Trilogy by this author. I confess, this is the shortest of short read/ introduction I ever read in a story.
Violet and Becks are introduced and now I can't wait what happens to the not yet couple in the next books.
Alicia
Sep 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fast, informative start to a series which amply served to whet my appetite for more to come. I loved getting this sneak peak at Violet and Beck's characters and state of mind. This appetiser has certainly worked! ❤❤❤❤ ...more
Karen
Sep 08, 2021 added it
Its a blurb. Its an introduction to more in apparently a series. Hang on for a ride with some complex and interesting characters!

Not going to get full book consideration for review because I read this in ten minutes.
Pamela
Sep 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Beck is a singer with a band about to take off in a big way. Violet is trying to get her own life on a good track. The steam with this couple is there and this short read makes me eager to read more.
Jeanine
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a great taster for this new series by Cat Porter. This is one of my favorite writers.
Edie L.
Sep 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Freefall by Cat Porter

WHAT!!!! I need more and soon. I loved that the author leaves us wanting so much more. I want more.
Julie
Shelves: cat-porter
I'm so excited for Beck & Violet's story

This was a wonderful little prelude to Cat Porter's new series and I'm beside myself with excitement for the continuation.
Cathy
Sep 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was so good and too short. Can't wait for next month's installment. ...more
Deekay
Sep 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rtc
Larri
Sep 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this introduction to Beck and Violet, how a chance meeting has a significant impact on both their lives. Good things are ahead for these two!
Debra
Sep 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Novella introduction into the new trilogy. Back to Cat Porter’s Meager with hints of past beloved characters.
Wish this hadn't been just a novella, because I need more, can't wait for the rest....
MR
Aug 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Freefall is the three chapter rabbit hole back to Meager, South Dakota and the story magic of Cat Porter. Beck and Violet had my attention from the start, acquainted years earlier through their moms, finally drawn into their own moment at the local bar. Both young people at a crossroads in their lives, wanting more and questioning their status quo. So relatable. They could be each other's catalyst. Secrets revealed. Story changed. Is it all too real? I, for one, cannot wait to find out! ...more
Anna Ward
Suzan
Sep 11, 2021
Tammy
Sep 09, 2021

• Tarnished Soul (Nine Minutes Spin-Off #4)
  • Chasing Serenity (River Rain #1)
  • The Sinner
  • Rise (Rock God, #1)
  • Faked  (Sinners of Boston, #3)
  • A Bookshop Christmas
  • Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1)
  • Vic Vaughn is Vicious
  • All the Queen’s Men (Their Shadow Queen, #2)
  • Mr. Ultra Mega Love
  • Hard to Love (Play Hard, #5)
  • Dragon by Midnight
  • The Getaway
  • Badd Luck (Badd Brothers, #5)
  • Kit (Scarred Hearts, #2)
  • Crave (Full Moon #4)
  • Lawson (Gray Wolf Corp Texas, #2)
  • Lust (The Sinners Series Book 2)
I daydream all the time, "what if" way too much, and am a lip-biting romantic. And I don't want to be cured of any of those. Ever. A New Yorker who now lives on a beach in beautiful Greece, I've been writing since forever because I need to. I have two children's books traditionally published and I've self-published my romantic suspense series, spinoff standalones, and a historical. Join me in my w ...more

The Wind & the Roar Trilogy (3 books)
  • Whirlwind