Start by marking “J-Pop Love Song” as Want to Read:
J-Pop Love Song

J-Pop Love Song

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  184 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
African American Charlene Alfred, a 41-year-old writer is about to have her first best selling novel "Blu's Diary" turned into an internationally released miniseries which features a jaded Japanese rock star that has hit rock bottom. Her manager gives her an ultimatum: use the Japanese lead actor of their choice or forget the project.\nWhen 24-year-old Japanese pop sensati ...more
Published July 17th 2008 by Parker Publishing Llc (first published 2005)

Mika
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Didn't like the print.
Some of the Japanese was off
Boring
Cheesy
Not realistic, NOT because of the pairing, but because of how the storyline takes place.
Julia
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. There should be more romance stories about Black women and Asian men. The added bonus in this story, is the romance is between an older woman and a younger man. The story is set mainly in Japan. He's a Japanese super pop star wanting to break into film; she's a widowed songwriter/writer searching for the right person to play the lead role in the movie. Another excellent read from Shiree McCarver.
Kimchi
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adultshelf, mordern
I'm all for the interracial scene, but this book was just tooooooo much. There was so much going on that it was not working for me. She has written better books where the characters grow and its not all about stupid topics. I did not like this one and I will not be reading the whole young man, older woman thing again.
Love Journey
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ambw
AMBW Love!
Shout out to Shiree McCarver!
I pulled this 2011 AMBW Romance off my bookshelf, dusted it off, and read it again. And I still love, love, love this heated, May/December, Interracial romance.

-I love stories about women writers…
-I love the J-drama qualities…
-I love a good plot twist…(and this delivers)
-And I absolutely love it when a younger HOT Asian man chases the African American woman of his dreams. Kane knows what he wants and is not afraid to go after all of it!
This story has staye
Desire'e
Aug 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
I got to page 31 before I said to myself that I'm done I can't read this. I am not a grammar nazi but the people at Parker Publishing NEEDS to hire a new proofreader or stop proofreading so late at night. From reading the summary I thought Ms. McCarver was going to build up into the love story but nope you pretty much get right into it. I also think one of the other reviewers said this in their review, some of the Japanese is...not spell right in English (I'm pretty sure "gozaimas" is not correc ...more
Amon
I really loved this story. It kept me guessing and it was interesting to see that the female lead was older than male to add to the twist. Honestly I've always thought about something like this involving a J-pop/J-rock male protagonist of sort and it seems you beat me to the punch Ms. McCarver. Bravo, I felt it was great read and would've finished it in a day if it wasn't for school. Editing problem is a great issue with me but it would help the get that solved. I'm looking forward to your next ...more
PT
Jun 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really liked this new (at least to me) pairing of young, Asian male with a mature, black female. What can I say? This a good cougar tale. I really liked how the hero/heroine got to know each other so well before becoming lovers. Through many late-night conversations the characters (as well as readers) get to know it one another. There was a good bit of mystery, a slight paranormal element, and smoking hot sex.
Loni
I loved J-Pop Love Song (have print edition) and would have given it 5 stars...but the terrible editing almost made me give up on the book. I'd never seen anything like it to that extent. The publisher should be ashamed for putting out something like that without proofreading because it may keep readers from finishing and discovering a great story.
Dena
Dec 02, 2009 rated it did not like it
Oh my god, grammar! Needs an editor, badly.
Maboo
Dec 26, 2008 rated it did not like it
I gave up halfway through, mainly because of the terrible editing of this book - or the lack of editing. The story itself sounds interesting, but very little was happening.
J. Libby
Apr 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to J. by: April Schering
I really have no idea WHY I like this novella. In terms of execution, it should rank right there up with Twilight and Fifty Shades of Gray. The author manages to create interesting, sexy characters, AND she makes me interested in their story as individuals and as a couple.

The story gets a little convoluted and way cheesy in the end, but it's my crack. I read it and loved it. I'm still baffled by exactly why. Of course, it's also insanely refreshing to read an uncommon pairing. I'm still baffled
Lily Rose
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
I love Asian dramas and songs so I bought this book quickly.
Not very often happens to read about asian heros...BUT..
The story is okay but could be better in my opinion; I don't know how, I'm not the writer here, but I've put the book down many times without second thoughts...however I've enjoyed it for the time occured to read it.

I didn't like the paranormal twist and the story needs some serious editing, because often I'd had to re-read sentences to understand who was speaking, what was happeni
Hs
Apr 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book took unexcept turn of events. Both loves of the lead woman being brothers.She got to releave the guilt of her first love.

This book taught me that love can win against culuture,race,and age clashes
raeneysa
to me this book felt so surreal ,there was a lot of emotions. if your looking for a interracial book with a lot going on then this book is for you. I will say this there are more than one hero, and one heroine.
Lin
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very good book!
Tarra
Jan 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I read the free version of this book.
Lollie
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Loved J-Pop Love Song. Great characters, wonderful storyline . . . .I want more . . .. . lollll"
Rebekkah
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story and the couple.
Mcvane
Download 2 6 Oct 25, 2013 06:47PM
  • No Ordinary Love
  • Ebony Eyes
  • Gold Mountain
  • Adrienne (A Bron Universe Novel #1)
  • Crush
  • Connelly's Flame (The Megalodon Team, #3)
  • Choices
  • What White Boyz Want
  • No Commitment Required
  • Original Love
  • Unfinished Business
  • The Color of Love
  • Staking His Claim
  • Tempting Turner (The Men of CCD, #3)
  • I'll Be Your Shelter
  • The Alpha Promise
  • Finding Opa! (The Lonely Hearts, #2)
  • Child of Her Heart
Alabama native Shiree McCarver is a freelance writer, poet and singer-lyricist. Writer of Interracial tales of romance in historical and contemporary settings, Ms. McCarver has written over eight novels. Her scope ranges from the Elizabethan period to modern day Tokyo. Ms. McCarver is quickly becoming best known for utilizing Asian males in romantic leading roles along with realistic less then per ...more
More about Shiree McCarver...