Start by marking “Worlds in Harmony: Compassionate Action for a Better World” as Want to Read:
Worlds in Harmony: Compassionate Action for a Better World

Worlds in Harmony: Compassionate Action for a Better World

One of the Dalai Lamas most striking qualities is his genuine interest in Western scientific and social thought. He firmly believes that if Buddhism is to have relevance today, it must be flexible and dynamic, able to take in new ideas and adapt to new situations. In Worlds in Harmony, he combines timeless Buddhist teachings with modern Western psychological theory to ...more
Published December 30th 2008 by Parallax Press (first published September 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Worlds in Harmony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worlds in Harmony

Start your review of Worlds in Harmony: Compassionate Action for a Better World
David
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this man. Maybe I should do something significant so I can get invited to meet with His Holiness. I've heard it's a life changing experience. Simple advice, simply put. There is nothing more I can say.
Lukas Rupp
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wunderschön. es lernte mich auch die menschen zu lieben, welche nicht immer gut zu mir waren.
Kai Weber
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
As a Western reader who has been raised in the spirits of Christianity and enlightenment, I have arrived at moral ideas quite similar with those presented here by the Dalai Lama. That's on the one hand good to see, this kind of universality of ethics. On the other hand the book doesn't expand our knowledge on the topic too much. The book has to be taken as what it is: preaching. And I don't demand preaching to be banned from this world. No, we human slackers need preaching, not for ...more
Sujata Sahni
All major traditions carry the same message, that of love, compassion and forgiveness. The important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.
Dalai Lama

The book covers various aspects of celebrating diversity, supporting personal transformation, developing co-existence, encouraging non - violence and building capacity for conflict transformation.

Suzi
Jun 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I am still reading this book from July??? Yes it is all about anger so as you can guess I have to go back and read every chapter 3 or 4 times :/
Pan_filuta
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daniel Goleman a Dalailama debatujíce o psychologii? A k tomu asi 1000 dalších specialistů. Neuvěřitelně zajímavá kniha.
Timothy Finucane
Oct 17, 2010 rated it liked it
I had to look past the supernatural references, but overall, the Dalai Lama's message of caring and compassion for our fellow man sits well with this secular humanist.
Norbert
Oct 23, 2009
Ileana
Mar 22, 2020
David J.
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Flora Martirosyan
Feb 13, 2019
She Made A Very Good List
Oct 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Book of Ichigo Ichie: The Art of Making the Most of Every Moment, the Japanese Way
  • Inappropriate
  • Ordinary People
  • La fille de Brooklyn
  • Monsieur Ibrahim and The Flowers of the Qur'an
  • The Girl He Used to Know
  • The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success
  • Funny, You Don't Look Autistic: A Comedian's Guide to Life on the Spectrum
  • Why I Am So Wise
  • Que serais-je sans toi?
  • Men, Women and Relationships: Making Peace with the Opposite Sex
  • Invisible Love
  • X sätt att dö (Fabian Risk, #5)
Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso (born Lhamo Döndrub), the 14th Dalai Lama, is a practicing member of the Gelug School of Tibetan Buddhism and is influential as a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, the world's most famous Buddhist monk, and the leader of the exiled Tibetan government in India.

Tenzin Gyatso was the fifth of sixteen children born to a farming family. He was proclaimed the