Start by marking “Wish Upon a Family (Valleywood, #9)” as Want to Read:
Wish Upon a Family (Valleywood, #9)

Wish Upon a Family

(Valleywood #9)

Kairo likes his life simple. No strings. No responsibility. The last thing he wants is to be tied to a mate. Domestic life just isn’t his style. So when he finds fate has bound him to a shifter already raising two children, his answer is simple. No thanks!

Justin is barely keeping his head above water. After the death of his sister and her mate, he's been left with a strug

Published October 1st 2021

To ask other readers questions about Wish Upon a Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish Upon a Family

Start your review of Wish Upon a Family (Valleywood, #9)
Aղցela W.
This was book 9 in the "Valleywood" series. Omega Justin has been having a rough year his sister and her wife were killed in an accident leaving him to raise there two small children while running the family bakery. Alpha Kairo likes his life simple he is the youngest of his brothers. Kairo was born and raised on the wealthy side of the city his father owns a construction company he and his brothers have a you tube channel that grants home makeovers. Kairo is a djinn who grants wishes. When ...more
Iretsia
Feb 05, 2022 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Dnf 60%. The technical aspects of the book are terrible, and the plot isn't much better. It looks as if this book was not edited by anything except Spell Check, and the author apparently went with every change it suggested even when it was wrong. That's my best guess anyway, even if it doesn't explain the random "h" in this phrase: "While I didn’t plan on h us having kids anytime soon". The plot was frustrating as well. The 2 MCs knew they were fated mates the first time they saw each other, but ...more
Christy Roberts
Renovation finds mates

Justin wins a home renovation that his best friend entered him in. He's taking care of his niece Sara and nephew Theo after their moms died. He's dealing with a horrible sister in law also who eventually comes around bit that woman was awful and took star off cause all she did most book was threaten Justin with taking the kids their sisters left with him.

Kairo knows moment he sees Justin day he tells him he won the renovation that they are mates. He's also a djinn were Just
D.
Nov 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Xochitl
Nov 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy a lot books about paranormal romance and was amazing to read this story about fated love and family. Justin and Kairo found a path to be together, overcoming some obstacles, but always putting love and family first. As always Ms Richmond gifted us with a sweet heartfelt comfort reading, with little or none angst situations and a lot of heart and fluff. A great addition to this wonderful multiauthor series!
Kelli D
Oct 29, 2021 rated it liked it
DNF at 55%

One thing I can not stand is when the blurb doesn't match the book. Kairo wasn't really portrayed as a playboy like the blurb stated, nor did he want nothing to do with Justin or the kids.
And Justin was suppose to not have time for a "playboy" yes he was overworked with the kids and work but there weren't that many interactions b/w him and Kairo for one and two, he was all about his mate from the start.
Not a bad story but not the one I thought I was getting.
Deb Swietek
Nov 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If wishes were horses... oh, who needs horses... but wishes, yeah.

This book captivated me from the first pages. The concept of wish granting Djinn living in the human world was so novel. The characters are vibrant and intriguing. The background is rich and real. There are loyal friends, a misguided aunt, a home make-over YouTube channel, meddling brothers, and a bakery owner struggling to keep afloat. Ooh, and hawt sex and adorable kids. Kairo picks Justin to be his next project... his house t
Barbara
Nov 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have not read any of this series before this book and it can definitely be read as a stand alone. I think it would be a great start to a new series and Kairo and his brothers as they find their mates. I enjoyed the story and the characters in this book. Would like to know what was wrong with Alex and why he was so mean. Recommend reading and I hope there are more books about these characters.
Chea Roberson
Feb 13, 2022 rated it liked it
Instant love

Aside from a few typos, I found the story compelling. Justin was in over his head and really needed a knight in shining armor. And that was exactly what he got. Kairi has some tragedy which fills him with doubt which is never revealed and his family is left out of the last scene which is not believable. Overall a good store.
CasBP
Great story

I love this author and their writing. This is no exception. The only reason for only 4 stars instead of 5 was because of Kairo being a djinn was seriously overlooked. I felt like jt was kypticly glossed over and could have developed more than it was. Like I have so many questions that have no answers. But otherwise it was wonderfully developed.
Katy Dann
Feb 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written

Words cannot describe how much I love this story. This author is one of my favourite writers and they never let me down. This book definitely emotional rollercoaster and did make me cry alittle in parts. I fell in loved with both characters just wish it was longer. Well done to the author
Marjorie Williams
Oct 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME❤️

I think this one may be my favorite book in the Valleywood Series so far. The first couple chapters I wanted to cry along with Justin! Kairo couldn’t have found a more deserving mate!
Badh
Dec 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Just ok

This was just ok. I feel like it just skipped over all the supernatural aspects of the series that are part and parcel if this world.
sheila sands
Dec 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Trail

Not sure about relationships it's an interesting story and the build up feud with aunt Hazel was quite gripping it sort of fizzled out in the end
Michelle
Nov 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great read

Great read considering I don’t follow the series this can definitely be read as a stand alone. Minor spelling mistakes but overall loved Justin and Kairo.
XI
Feb 08, 2022
Elizabeth Stedman
Oct 31, 2021
Danielle
rated it did not like it
Oct 30, 2021
Dec 14, 2021
Christie Davis
Nov 06, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Forever Wilde in Aster Valley (Forever Wilde, #9)
  • An Alpha Bear For Lucian (Bruin Ridge Bear-Ginnings #1)
  • Run to You (Moonshadow Den #1)
  • Wed to the Barbarian (Barbarian Duet #1)
  • Thick as Thieves (Aster Valley, #4)
  • Gideon (Chosen Champions #2)
  • The Barbarian's Vow (Barbarian Duet #2)
  • Aleron (Chosen Champions, #3)
  • Baby and the Wolf (Shifter Rescue #1)
  • Baby and the Panther (Shifter Rescue #2)
  • The Uncertain Unicorn (Male-Order Mates #5)
  • The Bewitched Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #5)
  • Dear Santa
  • Dead Over Heels (Blackhaven Manor #6)
  • Baby and the Billionaire (Shifter Rescue #3)
  • Daddy's Lap
  • The Omega's Krampus Christmas
  • Coffee and Honeybuns (Valleywood, #4)
Also publishes as Rheland Richmond.

For as long as she can remember Skye had her nose stuck in a book, getting lost in the world of someone else's creation (She still does). Her love for writing came from her love for reading. She could never have one without the other.

Writing was always a hobby and a cathartic experience for her. There are many stories lost to the never to be completed or publishe

Valleywood (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • To Love or Not to Love... (Valleywood, #1)
  • Encore (Valleywood, #2)
  • Fire and Water (Valleywood, #3)
  • Coffee and Honeybuns (Valleywood, #4)
  • Red Carpet Disaster (Valleywood, #5)
  • The Alpha's Role (Valleywood, #6)
  • The Alpha's Hidden Desire (Valleywood, #7)
  • Tasty Temptation (Valleywood, #8)
  • The Fires of Daytime (Valleywood, #10)
  • The Raven God's Fate (Valleywood, #11)

News & Interviews

In 2018, young debut author Rebecca F. Kuang earned immediate critical and commercial success with the publication of The Poppy War, a grim and...