Start by marking “And the Crowd Goes Wild: Relive the Most Celebrated Sporting Events Ever Broadcast” as Want to Read:

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Fans Wept. The Crowd Cheered. The Announcers Went Wild. You Just Had To Be There. And You Can Be.
In words and images--and on two audio CDs narrated by award-winning sports journalist Bob Costas--And The Crowd Goes Wild brings to life the spine-tingling moments that brought us to our feet.
From bleachers to box seats to living room sofas, devoted fans and casual observers
Hardcover, with Audio CD, 179 pages
Published December 15th 2000 by Sourcebooks (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about And the Crowd Goes Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And the Crowd Goes Wild

Michelle
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable listen, narrated by Bob Costas. I highly recommend for sports fans, though it appears there is no rhyme or reason to the order of the events.
Tracey
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was fun! I'm allergic to most sports, reading this purely to fill in a gap because I could end up on Jeopardy!, and I need to know about Babe Ruth and Wilt Chamberlin and so forth. But even I have been known to enjoy a "sports movie" like Field of Dreams or Brian's Song; in these films the sport in question is winnowed down to the most thrilling and intense, most life-altering moments, and packaged up for even an ignoramus like me to be able to appreciate. And that's just what this book is: ...more
Megan
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first read this when I was in fifth grade. Boy, was it a ride! In a few short hours, I knew more about some of the most famous events in sports history than every girl I'd ever met. This book has allowed me to have some great conversations with my dad about sports, and has given me a greater appreciation for professional sports in general. This book left a smile on my face as I looked through its glossy pages and photographs. I recommend this book for anyone with even a small interest in sport ...more
Carol
Nov 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports
I love listening to these CDs. I can especially listen over and over again to "The Play": Cal vs. Stanford, November 20, 1982: "the most amazing, sensational, traumatic, heartrending, exciting, thrilling finish in the history of college football!" HooRAYYYYY!" The book, of course, is great, because you learn about all these other famous sporting events.
Jay
Apr 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Someone who likes audio with their books
This is a fun book to read/listen to on a rainy day. You flip through several pages while the announcers original play by play is going. Bob Costas does a great job helping you visualize by setting the scene. Not for someone with kids that like to continuously interrupt.
Anastasia Musser
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
To much baseball.
Paul
Jan 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: sports
A fun look at the most memorable events in sports history. The CD that comes with the book is pretty fun too.
Michael
Apr 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, audio
Cool selection of memorable sports moments along w/ cds containing the actual call of the big moment.
Ron Kaplan