Start by marking “Winning with Accountability: The Secret Language of High-Performing Organizations” as Want to Read:

Success can t happen without accountability. It is that simple. For over 10 years, Henry Evans has worked with hundreds of organizations around the world, teaching and building accountability. This book offers that same guidance to you, your colleagues and your team to reach new levels of excellence and success. In Winning with Accountability, Henry offers a step-by-step g ...more
Perfect Paperback, 101 pages
Published October 13th 2008 by Cornerstone Leadership Inst

To ask other readers questions about Winning with Accountability, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning with Accountability

Start your review of Winning with Accountability: The Secret Language of High-Performing Organizations
Bethany Mach
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick and spot on...

Good read with easy, intuitive and actionable steps. Good for teams to read to hole each other with the same level of accountability. Recommended for new and old teams to read.
Dimana Zhelyazkova
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The idea set in the book is expressed clearly and can really be of help of any organization. Accountability is broke down in four steps, which helps the readers understand what 'accountability' really means and gain idea how to creare acountability culture in them and the people around them. ...more
Kasper
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. Concise.

This book is practical, concise, has great content and I think the advice is readily useful for managers, teachers and project managers
Matthew Becker
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good concepts, but it felt rambling for a <100 page book. It could have been a 12 page article or Ted Talk and gotten 98% of its point across
Patrick Leber
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Taught me the true definition of accountability. This will stay with me the rest if my life.
Adam
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
When they said everyone should read this book they weren't fooling around! No nonsense language that gets results! Highly recommend as this book was recommended to my by a high level performer.

Nuggets of Wisdom:

I'm just curious what did it mean when you said you would have .... by 6 pm this past thursday Ms Carroll? As an example perception is that this is the third time you've stood me up for payment... so I'm just curious. What should I expect from you the next time you promise to have paymen
David
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Working People for sure!
Recommended to David by: Marty Grunder
We all think accountability is a end loaded activity. NOT end loaded!

To be held accountable one needs to know the details at the beginning. A person needs to clearly know what they are being accountable for, by when, how it is to be measured and by who. Accountability is about both parties being very clear about these details. Without it there can be no true accountability.

This book is a easy read, clearly written.
Tim Vance
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good information regarding being more specific to create SMARTER expectations which increases accountability.
Barbara Lovejoy
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a FABULOUS book that I will refer to again and again.
Dunrie
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
basic, general, light.
Jean
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
I thought this business book had a lot of good ideas about communication and using accountability in a positive way. I am sure I will refer to it again as I work and lead.
Grace Julianna
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, simple, obvious but overlooked. A philosophy that applies to every area of life and provides tools for action and reaction. Will refer to it for years to come. A must for the workplace.
Karen Abercrombie
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and to the point. A great, no-nonsense guide to key principles of accountability. Easy to put into practice. I would recommend to any manager.
Mary
Mar 17, 2009 marked it as for-consideration
Shelves: business
The author is someone I went to school with (I.S. 88)
Jenny
Jan 10, 2017
Mischelle DiCiccio
Jun 28, 2014
smetchie
rated it did not like it
Nov 02, 2020
Jan 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Other Mrs.
  • The Wife Upstairs
  • The Dichotomy of Leadership: Balancing the Challenges of Extreme Ownership to Lead and Win
  • Leadership Strategy and Tactics: Field Manual
  • The HERO Effect - Revised Edition
  • Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility
  • The Power of TED (*The Empowerment Dynamic)
  • La mano de Fátima
  • 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player: Becoming the Kind of Person Every Team Wants
  • Pretty Little Wife
  • Jews Don’t Count
  • The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader: Becoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow
  • More Than a Carpenter
  • Visioneering: God's Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Personal Vision
  • Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster
  • Great Goddesses: Life Lessons from Myths and Monsters