Start by marking “Beatrice Beecham's Fete of Fate Book One” as Want to Read:
Beatrice Beecham's Fete of Fate Book One

Beatrice Beecham's Fete of Fate Book One (Beatrice Beecham Mysteries #2 )

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
""Fun . entertaining . a hilarious, gag inducing creation!"" - Kirkus Reviews ""Too brilliant for words!"" - Bookreview.com

""Wonderful!"" - Readerviews.com

Description

Book One of Beatrice Beecham's Fete of Fate sees Beatrice and 'The Newshounds' immersed in a break-neck, thrill a minute game of cat and mouse as The Church of Chaos and their mortal foes, The Wrath, clash in
Published October 1st 2008 by Chipmunka Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beatrice Beecham's Fete of Fate Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beatrice Beecham's Fete of Fate Book One

Lynne - The Book Squirrel
Dec 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I have just recieved this book as a prize on a draw on this site and have read it in a couple of days. It has left me wanting to know what happens next! It is well written with some great one liners from the characters.
Sidney
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YA readers of all ages will enjoy Beatrice Beecham's Fete of Fate. It’s a winning mixture of suspense, mystery, teen life, Viking history and thrills.

High school student Beatrice is looking forward to a semester of honing her cooking skills in home economics. That dream starts to go wrong when her favorite teacher is replaced by a woman with whom Beatrice immediately clashes over the merits of flambeau cooking.

With her world already unsettled, Beatrice happens upon a package containing a lost Vi
Kirsty
Feb 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
I got this book through the Goodreads First-Reads program.

This is a fun look at magic, mysticism and Viking artefacts!

The book flows really well and I read it in a day. I liked the storyline, and there was enough suspense to keep me interested. The characterisation of Beatrice is good, although I would have liked more characterisation of The Newshounds. Overall it was a fun read. One slight issue is that the book cannot be read singularly. In order to conclude the story, you have to read book 2.
June
Jan 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the book but it is the first half and I now need the second book to complete the story. Many interesting points the whole issue of Vikings and the almost magical/fanatical/religious elements added a further dimension. The four teenage characters reminded me a little of the famous five but again the characterisation of Beatrice's family and school staff gave depth to the story
Kirsty
I got this book through the Goodreads First-Reads program.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first. I found that this was quite slow in places and there wasn't the character development that I'd been hoping for after the first book.

That said, it was still a decent read, again there were plot twists throughout keeping it interesting (despite the slow parts). I didn't care much for the epilogue if I'm honest (I didn't think it added to the story), but it didn't really affect my enjoyment of t
Libbeth
Feb 21, 2009 marked it as to-read
Have just received this from the author and am looking forward to reading it. I was thrilled to find that it was signed and I scuttled about showing it to everyone. I'm having some new shelves put up tomorrow (yet more shelves, my house is insulated by books!) and book one and two will have pride of place.
Libbeth
Have just received this from the author and am looking forward to reading it. I was thrilled to find that it was signed and I scuttled about showing it to everyone. I'm having some new shelves put up tomorrow (yet more shelves, my house is just a framework to support bookshelves!) and book one and two will have pride of place.
Joan Giese
Tami
Aug 26, 2017
Gary Buettner
Jan 03, 2018
Dave Jeffery is perhaps best known for his UK #1 bestselling Necropolis Rising series of zombie books released through Severed Press. His Young Adult work includes the critically acclaimed Beatrice Beecham Series (Crystal Lake Publishing), BBC: Headroom endorsed Finding Jericho, and the 2012 Edge Hill Prize Long-listed Campfire Chillers short story collection. His short story, Masquerade was nomin ...more
More about Dave Jeffery

Beatrice Beecham Mysteries (5 books)
  • Beatrice Beecham's Fearsome Feast