Start by marking “Dynasty of Rogues (Celaeno, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dynasty of Rogues (Celaeno, #5)

Dynasty of Rogues

(Celaeno #5)

A new lesbian action adventure story that proves when you're short on friends and long on enemies, things can't get much worse. Until they do.
Published March 12th 2007 by Bold Strokes Books (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dynasty of Rogues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dynasty of Rogues

Protector of the Realm by Gun BrookeThe Caphenon by Fletcher DeLanceyPast Imperfect by Fletcher DeLanceyThe Temple at Landfall by Jane FletcherThe Warrior's Path by Catherine M. Wilson
Lesbian Sci-Fi
146 books — 106 voters
The Warrior's Path by Catherine M. WilsonA Journey of the Heart by Catherine M. WilsonA Hero's Tale by Catherine M. WilsonThe Dark Wife by Sarah DiemerSword of the Guardian by Merry Shannon
Lesbian Fantasy
278 books — 227 voters

More lists with this book...

Penny
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read! Scratch what I said about The Walls of Westernfort being the best book of Jane Fletcher: Dynasty of Rogues is better. Despite making the same mistake regarding the rushed ending, the first and second parts are extremely exciting. We never know what will happen or who to trust. There's treachery, adventure, romance, family drama (oh, the Coppellis.. they put the Corleones to shame).

A real page turner.
Alealea
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the Old lady. Talk about minor character (barely mentioned before) becoming one-hell of a bad-ass queen. I would have loved a story centered around her.

About the main characters, there is once again miscommunication and unfair distrust from both sides.
The story picks up as soon as they are in Landfall though (around a third of the book)

The plot then becomes really funny, a mix between an Ocean's Eleven sprinkled with Prison Break.
The Sisterhood so get played ! hilarious.
Lexxi Kitty
End of the line for me – as in I’ve read all of the other books in this series having read them in the chronological instead of publication order. (I found it a good way to read the series, though I’m sure others might feel differently).

This story here focuses on a new character and a side character seen previously. Rikki was something like 12 when her mother fled the ‘Homelands’ with her. Rikki herself would have preferred to stay with her . . . crap I forget now, gene mother? I think gene moth
Frank Van Meer
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
It's no secret that I'm utterly intrigued by the world Ms. Fletcher created in the Celaeno series. The first two books are the best I have ever read and I can't help myself thinking about how this world will evolve. Can you imagine that, say 2000 years after this book ends, they have managed space flight and discover this rather large object with the name of their goddess painted on it?

Sadly, for me, Dynasty of Rogues does not reach the same status I have attributed to Temple of Landfall and Wal
Lex Kent
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the last book in the series for me, since I read them in chronological order. And I am so sad this adventure is over. By far one of the most enjoyable fantasy series I've read in a long time. My only complaint about this book is I wish the ending was a bit longer. I wanted more of a wrap up and to read the scenes between the character not just a summary.
I know it's been a while since Jane Fletcher wrote any of this series, and she probably won't, but boy I would love another book or two.
lauraღ
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
All's well that ends lesbians!

I really love how all these books have a different genre wrapped up in all the science fiction/fantasy. Book 1 was adventure, Book 2 was spies and infiltration, Book 3 was murder mystery, and this was some really cool political machination type stuff.

Not that it was perfect. The beginning was really depressing for me, so I was glad when it moved beyond that, but... it moved too fast? I felt like there could have been a little more time for the animosity between Riki
Michelle
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian-fantasy
A fabulous book. The plot dynamics are excellent, extremely well-woven without getting in the way of the characters, who have equally good arcs as well. I enjoyed this book a lot, almost as much as Walls of Westernfort. Still that one holds the top spot for the series.
Artemis
Having finished the entire series in a week, I suppose this review is for the whole series and not just Dynasty of the Rogues.

I love the world building, I love the characters, I love their conflicts and struggles, and I love the adventures.

It's hard to put into the words all the things that crack me up about this world that Ms. Fletcher has built. I love how the archaic mythological / holy text language used in the "Book of the Elder-Ones" are really just bad interpretations describing how a gr
Annie
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of the Celaeno Series by Jane Fletcher. This fantasy series is unparalleled within its genre. Simply love it. I don't know how many times I have read the series but "Dynasty of Rogues" is definitely my favourite.
F.
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fantasy
I love the whole series (aside from the last one/ the first one chronologically). I’d recommend reading them all. A great story, and very well written.
Megan
This one in the series has a weird plot. It makes a bit of sense that not every story can be about a Ranger, a Militiawoman, or a Sister or Temple Guard or Imprinter or Cloner. They were going to have to find some less heroic main characters to write about eventually.

I found this one interesting because it has a bit of the "opposites attract" or "we argue because we really like each other" romance trope, but it didn't fall into either entirely. Also, the main character was far from perfect and
Alena
Jan 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Last in Fletcher's Celaeno series I still had to read, if I'm not too confused it's chronologically the last one, too.

It was a very intense read, as the blurb stated, it wasn't really easy to know who to trust and the perspective changed so that I wasn't always sure what was what, but in a good way.

The romance part was enjoyable, if a little rushed in the beginning in that it wasn't really clear what all of a sudden attracted them to each other. The end was also very rushed, I'll never understan
Catherine
Oct 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
Serviceable fantasy novel with some fun worldbuilding elements - I liked the way the author incorporated the worship of the original colonists into an all female world. Where I had a harder time with this was in the areas of character and plot. The former seemed pretty shallow and the latter to be a series of hurt/comfort scenarios pulled together to bring out the oft-telegraphed happy ending. Not the worst book of its type certainly but my sense from the good parts was that the author could do ...more
D.
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
+ New characters.
+ Interesting story with betrayal, adventure, strategy and conspiracy.
+ Good "mature" scene.
+ Good number of pages.
- Old characters don't talk much
- Some characters lack description

Overall: It was a good book and I enjoyed the story to the end, with an interesting ending. Some characters were not described, but they were not that important. The old characters don't appear much, but it's still always good to read them in the story.
Katherine Murray
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite book of this series. I love how Riki and Tanya interact, at the beginning they are hilarious with their attempts to show each other up and then by the end they are so sweet with each other. Also Grandma Izzy is amazing! I would read an entire series just about her and her life. Truly excellent!
Noah Soudrette
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
While there's much less character development present than in the other books in this series, the intricate plot to pull the wool over the eyes of the antagonists made up for it nicely. however, I find myself stalling out on this series at this point.
Voronwer
Oct 22, 2012 rated it liked it
While the second and third book in the series were enjoyable, this one is more on par with the first book. It's okay, but not brilliant and it drags in places. I guess I found the characters a less engaging in this one.
Chelsea Blair
Dec 23, 2011
Monika
Mar 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Warrior's Valor (Supreme Constellations, #3)
  • Lady Knight
  • The Clinic (Tristaine, #1)
  • The Crown of Valencia (Kate Vincent Adventures, #2)
  • A Journey of the Heart (When Women Were Warriors, #2)
  • Nightshade (Arravan, #1)
  • Branded Ann
  • Shadows of Aggar (The Amazons of Aggar)
  • The Gunfighter and the Gear-Head (The Raven Ladies, #1)
  • Goldenseal (Garoul, #1)
  • The Pyramid Waltz
  • Missing Lynx (Elite Operatives,  #3)
Jane Fletcher is a GCLS award-winning writer and has also been short-listed for the Gaylactic Spectrum and Lambda Literary awards. She is author of two ongoing sets of fantasy/romance novels: the Celaeno series—The Walls of Westernfort, Rangers at Roadsend, The Temple at Landfall, Dynasty of Rogues, and Shadow of the Knife; and the Lyremouth Chronicles—The Exile and The Sorcerer, The Traitor and T ...more

Celaeno (5 books)
  • Shadow of the Knife (Celaeno, #1)
  • Rangers at Roadsend (Celaeno, #2)
  • The Temple at Landfall (Celaeno, #3)
  • The Walls of Westernfort (Celaeno, #4)