Start by marking “Into the Dark” as Want to Read:
Into the Dark

Into the Dark

Him

I am the monster that lurks in your nightmares.

Evil incarnate. A sociopath. A murderer.

I kill women who are guilty of nothing other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Women like Lyra.

Her yellow raincoat flapped in the cool breeze when she walked by, that blonde hair making her look like a drowned rat as she stopped to taste the rain.

She wasn’t like the othe
Published October 30th 2021 (first published October 28th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Dark, please sign up.
Gothika No, the FMC is not a virgin, but I don't see why it matters if she is or isn't. …moreNo, the FMC is not a virgin, but I don't see why it matters if she is or isn't. (less)

Start your review of Into the Dark
K
i don't know wtf y'all were talking about—that was the best HEA i've ever read in my life ɪғ ɪᴛ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴍɪɴᴇ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪᴛ
TJ ☾
Nov 28, 2021 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: if you liked church by stylo fantome
Shelves: dark-or-taboo
⚠️ warning: minor spoilers

why am i crying at me assuming when he 'marked' her by carving up her stomach w a knife he was gonna write his name, only to find out he wrote the word 'rat' and each letter is 5 fucking inches 😭😭🤣🤣🤣

description

anyway, 3 stars instead of 2 for good smut. wasn't overly impressed by anything else tho

her - too pitiful
him - too nice
me -
description
Crystal (Crystal_reads_)
Oct 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hello Darkness, My Old Friend.

My heart hurts and I sobbed like a baby. Into The Dark is dark, beautiful, and poetic.

“Your screams,” he murmurs as I come down from the high. “Those fucking screams are spiritual, Lyra.”

Into The Dark is a standalone, dual POV. Dark Romance. As with any dark romance, I always say read your trigger warnings. There are several. Is this my darkest book? No, but could be someone else’s and darkness is subjective to the reader. On my dark scale, it teeters on black. An

alka [hiatus]
Nov 05, 2021 rated it it was ok
traumatized.

Milinas Library
Redacting my review. Don’t read this book.
Maya
Oct 28, 2021 rated it did not like it
Redacting my review. Do not read this book.
Michelle .
Feb 25, 2022 rated it did not like it
Sorry, But it is sickening for me that You Steal work from other people, That you use the childhood trauma from a real person for your character, That your book is based on plagiarism.
Everyone who's buying this book is just helping you stealing more work and that is just sad.
I hope you'll one day wake up and realize what shitty thing you did
If anyone wants the proof look at Instagram, The name of the person which ideas she stole is vo.eros
Emma (mycanadianbookishlife)
Oct 27, 2021 rated it did not like it
This concept was not only stolen, but it centres around someone real and actual trauma and history with child abuse. Please please do not read or support her. Lowering my ratings to 1⭐️.
Colleen
Feb 27, 2022 rated it did not like it
Not going to support this author anymore who plagiarized stories (this one in particular) and took someone’s CSA to inspire her main character and made him a monster because of it
Salma
Feb 27, 2022 added it
changing my ratings in light of the situation. i will no longer be supporting the author or their books. pls do your research on the situation
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Oct 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4,5-5 STARS

Well this was definitely a wild ride!! It was a roller coaster dark, disturbing , hot, emotional and so Wilde! Nothing here is like your regular books it’s so different so unique!

I decided to not read any triggers and it was the best choice because I loved it!! It was a long time since I read something like this!

I definitely recommend it if you need something to put you out of your basics reads and out of your boundaries !

Lisa the book CREEP
Dec 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Love can be broken. Love can fade. Love ends in cheating and divorces and trauma."

"Obsession doesn’t fade. Obsession dominates and controls us. It monopolizes our thoughts and our actions to the point we can’t see past it."

I'm going to do something i have never done before and give this book a song.

🎵My Immortal by Evanescence🎵

Its not a safe read because of alot of triggers.

I loved it 🖤 didn't expect to relate to the heroine at all.

P.S- i don't care if i'm judged on the basis of, i wanted to k
mei
Oct 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amor
✧*̥˚ 4 stars *̥˚✧

"This little thing that very much resembles a drowned rat is the first person to catch my eye."

and here i was, thinking we'd get ✨ratatouille✨ but no ma'am, it was just a pet name 😍

so instead of living my disney/pixar fantasy i encountered something else:

🐀 serial killer
🐀 pet name: little rat

me reading the blurb:

me reading the book:

PLOT

"What if you find someone someday that can handle how hard you fall
nadia
Feb 27, 2022 rated it did not like it
I had been working myself up to reading this but that’s not gonna happen knowing that the MMC in this book was heavily inspired by a survivor of CSA without his knowledge or approval. It’s sickening.
Jordin
Oct 18, 2021 rated it did not like it
Redacted review
☽ mira
1⭐️

“Once I find my person, it ends. They become the beginning, middle, and end of my story.”

i'm kinda disappointed that i didn't cry and i cry to literally anything emotional. my eyes were glassy but the chapters were so short that i didn't get the full effect. that and the fact that i already figured out what will happen at the end.

its a 200 page book but it reads longer idk if its because its heavy or what but it took me the whole day to read, which shocked me.

Alexandra (literaryalexandra)
Definitely don’t read this
☾`ACourtOfKindles~☾
Mar 01, 2022 rated it did not like it
Can not support an author who steals content from another person. This was originally by Jaclyn Kelso. That is not okay. I also am absolutely appalled you would take someone else’s SA story and make it the background story for a serial killer. Trying to profit off of someone’s trauma?? That is not a good look ma’am. They deserve an apology.
Hadeel
Nov 09, 2021 rated it did not like it
Came back to change my rating to 1 star bc stealing other’s peoples work is never ok. I usually don’t go back and change past reviews but I felt it was important to state I no longer support this author. Do you own research but since I was so public in my original support to the author I felt it was needed to be just as public with my stance now.
Natalia Parker Cahill
5 stars

I’m sorry . I loved this . And that ending . I know I know he was bad but I don’t care .
Büsra Ydm
Jan 10, 2022 rated it did not like it
Had to change my rating.
While reading the book I really thought that I’ve heard that before. But thought it was all in my head. So 5 Stars right? Ah no. The original written by Jaclyn „not all guys“ and voiced from vo.Eros. Yeah. The original deserves 10/5 stars. But not the copy. 😶
meghan h
Feb 26, 2022 rated it did not like it
I read this solely to see the similarities between this and Ero’s audio and it’s blatantly obvious she stole the entire plot. Will never support this author!
Joharis
Nov 01, 2021 rated it did not like it
THIS AUTHOR PLAGIARIZED A VICTIM OF SA's STORY AND GLAMOURIZED IT WHILE ALSO USING HIM AS THE NARRATOR OF SAID STORY

Check out the post by Eros, the guy that was plagiarized:
And to find out a couple days ago that Dana Isaly herself, a longtime fan and happily paying patron of mine, had actually straight up STOLEN my public story of childhood sexual assault, trauma, and subsequent wasted life and feeling like a failure as the backstory for her serial killer, which was ALREADY a plot she had comple
Lisa
Nov 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 ⭐️ I love it when the heroine is equally obsessed as the hero is with her or more so I loved this one!! It doesn’t end in a hea but for this couple it was a hea for them in their own way!
“The happiness I feel for making him proud, making him mine, is all-consuming. I did that. I killed someone for him, and now I have him all to myself. He’s giving me everything I’ve always wanted. I will take him for whoever he is as long as I can have this every morning for the rest of my life.”
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
Oct 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2021
I respect this book.. like, so much.

Did I enjoy myself? Not too much.

Is it a Romance? Not by definition.

Do I want to read more from this author? Yes.

4/5 stars
25 Readings Or More
When I started Into the Dark i was very aware of every triggers and I knew that there wouldn’t have been an HEA.
Those were actually the reasons i wanted to read it in the first place.
Plus that blurb, that cover called me in a way I can’t explain.

I liked it, a lot, even if it's not as dark as I thought it would have been ( at least for me, guess my mind is kinda deviated at this point LOL).
It's an amazing book and the author made a great job describing the sickness of these characters, the to
K.L. Mann
Oct 31, 2021 rated it did not like it
Redacted review. Just don’t do it.
Sonia
Dec 02, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: no-hea
Dana plagiarizes concepts of her books. I wont be supporting now or in the future.
✧ Marureviere ✧
Romeo and Juliet, unhinged edition
Lamanda Quiring
Feb 27, 2022 rated it did not like it
I’d give no stars if I could. This author should come up with her ideas on her own instead of stealing from others and using their trauma as her storyline.

• Gleam (The Plated Prisoner, #3)
  • Gentle Scars (To Be Claimed, #2)
  • Melt for Us (Holiday Masked Men, #2)
  • Second Chance Contract (Second Chance #1)
  • Scream For Us (Holiday Masked Men, #1)
  • Gild (The Plated Prisoner, #1)
  • Scoring With Him (Men of Summer, #1)
  • Lucky Hit (Swift Hat-Trick Trilogy #1)
  • Once Upon a Broken Heart (Once Upon a Broken Heart, #1)
  • Head Above Water
  • Risking it All
  • A Risk on Forever
  • Saint (Priest, #3)
  • Rabid (Kingdom of Wolves #6)
  • Wait On Me, Okay?
  • Master of Salt & Bones
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • Hunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet, #2)
See top shelves…