Start by marking “Just Stay (The Metamorphosis Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Just Stay (The Metamorphosis Duet, #2)

Just Stay

(The Metamorphosis Duet #2)

It is said that the hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it. But I’ve never claimed to be a strong person.

Who we think we are and who we actually are isn’t always easy to know, especially if you’re not ready for the rude awakening the truth might bring.

At twenty-one it’s time for me to weather the typhoon I unknowingly created three years ago.

Just Stay is the s
Kindle Edition
Published September 1st 2021

To ask other readers questions about Just Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Stay

Start your review of Just Stay (The Metamorphosis Duet, #2)
M
Aug 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Pen is back. Book 2 in The Metamorphosis Duet starts off where book 1 ended.
Pen is dealing with her harsh words and actions that sent the one and only person who has loved her through everything away from her and from her life altogether. Can you really blame him. She has lost herself. He has redefined himself into something dark and hurtful.

Just Leave gutted me. This book will break your heart just in a different way. It will make you question your feelings for a few characters. It will make
abbey willcox
Review - 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

I'm not crying... I promise... OK, I'm lying 🥺🥺🥺 the question is, are they happy tears or sad tears? 🤐

"You were the worst and most beautiful mistake I ever made."

This book is set 3 years since the first book, Just Leave. The character development from the start of book one, to the end of just stay is incredible 🥺🥺 as expected, there is more heartbreak and angst throughout. I genuinely had to brace myself mentally for this book after the effect Just Leave had on me. I thought it
Jessica Robbins
Sep 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Oh boy do these two have a lot to work through. We pick back up three years after the end of book one. Life has not been kind to Pen in the lightest. She has spiraled all the way to rock bottom. The band has a concert in Philly that she plans to attend before going through with a horrible decision she made. The plan was to sneak in so they don't know she is there but they have other ideas giving her the five start treatment whether she wants it or not. The reunion with Eric goes horribly but see ...more
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Sep 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect conclusion to Eric and Pen’s gut wrenching love story! I devoured this book in one sitting it immediately sucked me in their relationship is a whirlwind of emotions it’s passionate and heartbreaking this book touches on grief , depression , suffering and loss the author did a amazing job with these subjects her writing is phenomenal and I can’t wait to see what she does next!
bookaddict2021
Aug 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was so much better than I could have ever anticipated. This type of genre usually isn't my cup of tea but I can honestly say I loved EVERY. SINGLE. WORD! The characters growth and development, the story, the twists and turns, and above all the emotions the author makes you feel made it world-class! I wish that I could give this book more than a 5 star rating because it was just that good!

Pen's story continues but now time has passed. Three years to be exact and Unknown Elation has
Sam
Aug 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Ren has finished this emotionally dark and challenging duet to utter perfection. I was emotionally shredded once again. The depth of Rens writing made it easy to relate to the issues of depression, addiction and suicide addressed in this book.

Pen, oh my dear broken, emotionally inpet Pen. She has struggled so much over the last 3 years, become isolated, detached and on the cusp of giving up. As it so often happens with depression you become blinkered to the world around you, you misinterpret eve
April
Aug 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book picks up 3 years after the last one so the characters are all around the age of 21. At this point Unknown Elation has become a huge success and have been touring all over the world.

Our FMC Pen, has been on a downward spiral ever since her parents died. She’s turned to drugs, alcohol and promiscuity to dull her pain. She is completely distraught over how she treated Eric the night she found out both of her parents were dead.

Eric has turned into an entirely different person, or so it wou
Erin Figueiredo
Sep 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and emotional conclusion!

“Every single thing you do matters. You have been created as one of a kind.”

DAMN! This story had me all tied up in emotional knots. As I am thrust back into Penelope’s story, I can’t help but be gutted by all her heartache and pain. There is just so much going on with her that she kept me in utter tears throughout. This is one hell of a story about forgiveness, self love, and the love of your friends and family. The journey is hard but the light at the end is s
Marisa
Sep 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book completely surprised me. I think I spent a majority of the first half of the book on the verge of tears and I don’t know the last time a book has done that to me. Just wow.

The heartbreak, the struggles, the emotions… I don’t think I can fully describe the journey you will go through while reading this book. I was so invested in the characters and what was happening. I guessed what might be happening in the beginning of the book but as things started to unfold I thought my suspicions wo
Toni M
Here come the tears.
Book one almost killed me , it ripped my heart out and I fully expect this to do the same lol.

I have been so immersed in this duet series that I don’t know how I’ll cope not knowing what happens after book two. It was such a sweet and fantastic ending to what started as a tragic series.

I love the butterfly effect quote at the start of this book.
At the end of book one I actually hated the way penny treated everyone but reading book two made me realise she was just hurting and
Jennifer Felderman
Aug 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What do you do with your life when your life is a series of mistakes where you’ve pushed away all of the most important people in your life ? How do you move past that ?

For Pen, it means she doesn’t. Everything reminds her of every mistake: the media, her best friends’ songs, and her own reflection.

Her life is surrounded by darkness, and she can’t accept help. She turns to drugs and alcohol to mute the voices of self loathing.

And then…one huge event makes her have to face herself and the self
Locklyn
Aug 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: august-2021
💫💫💞Review Post💞💫💫
Just Stay
@renblakelyauthor @affinityauthorservices @peachykeenas
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Story
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥Steamy
🦋Ren Blakely Penelope and Eric's story was everything to me. Pen's struggles with her mental health and her becoming self aware was such a metamorphosis. Penny had struggled so much in ways to capture what was going on with her that this turned into such a beautiful story.
🦋Eric's level of compassion and forgiveness is literally what selfless love should be. He understood that Pen's struggled we
Gemma Mcsheffrey
Sep 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
To say I've been dying to get my hands on this book after reading the first was an understatement. I was so angry and pen for what she did to Eric and my heart was breaking for him.
This book kicks off 3 years after just leave and pen has had it so bad, she has turned to drink and drugs to get through her life, she keeps seeing Eric in the papers doing stupid stuff all the time but what she dosnt realise is he has been doing it to keep the media off her, on the day of the anniversary of her paren
Jennifer Bishop
Aug 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
At the end of book one, Pen made a huge decision while in a grief stricken state. Now, three years later, she is truly hitting rock bottom. Can Pen’s group of unyielding childhood friends help her find her way back to herself before it’s too late?

This is book two of the Metamorphosis Duet, and I am in true awe at this amazing story. I honestly wish I could give it more that five stars, it really does deserve it!

All of the characters, including the ones new to book two, are incredible. The char
Inga O
Aug 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second part of the duet and if you loved the first part, this book is a must as it only gets better. After that utterly gut wrenching ending in the first book this book moves three years on and omg the feels in this book. I remember nagging Ren for just the blurb of this book, then when the book came it was just wow. Penny’s life has become this place of darkness with drugs and alcohol to dull the pain and nightmares. Her friends in the band Unknown Elation including Eric who she pus ...more
Ashleigh
Sep 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
The second book to this duet and if your looking for an emotional read that is full of emotions grab this one. After the ending of book one we knew that Eric and Pens story wasn’t quite over. The traumatic ending with all of the feelings they had, it was never going to be a simple journey. This book takes you to three years later and everything is different. Although the band are still together and are dominating the music world Pens life isn’t quite so smooth sailing. Eric doesn’t seem to have ...more
Richelle Zirkle
Aug 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Pen is back and ready to face the past before moving on, even if the past isn’t ready to let go of her. This had a lot of positives for me. All our main characters have grown up and life has moved forward and times have changed. Seeing where they are now was like revisiting friends again. In an effort to keep things spoiler free, a lot happens in this book, and much of it is trial by fire. Pen does show growth, and it happens in fits and starts, which seems true to life and the character that sh ...more
Sam O'Neill
Sep 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Once again Ren has smashed it! I absolutely loved book 1 Just Leave and was heartbroken with the ending and have been on tenterhooks waiting for book 2.

I started Just Stay today and I just couldn't put it down, I had tears in my eyes for most of the first part. It completely sucked me right in and just feeling how Penny was suffering and what she had gone through just hit me.

All I wanted to see was Penny and Eric to sort things out between them and for them both to get their HEA.

The group never
Tara
Sep 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I knew going into this second book in the duet that the story was going to be far more emotional than the last, with the end of book one with Pen & Eric. There were so many situations and issues in the beginning it was hard not to feel pulled in two different directions, Pen and Eric’s. My heart ached for the broken encounters they endured and the lack of forgiveness to themselves and each other. So much angst & tension in this drama filled world. You don’t want to put the book down because some ...more
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
After reaching the end of Just Leave I was curious about this next installment! I picked this one up and got into this world once again. This second installment pulled me in. I enjoyed it!

Pen's journey continues! I wasn't sure what all was going to happen this time around with these characters and that got me into it even more! Once again this story and it's characters had me feeling so many different things throughout.

With Just Stay, Ms.Blakely has created a good read that'll make you feel man
Becca
Aug 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a book. The end of Just Leave left me wrecked, Just Stay did the same but in a totally different way. The character development from all the characters really showed in this book, especially in Pen and Eric. I loved how Ren showed how messy life can be and what ways can help someone overcome things. Pen has been through so much in the first book and it continued into this one. How is she meant to move forward when she’s pushed everyone she loves away from her? I don’t want to give any ...more
Abby Lynn
Aug 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Metamorphosis duet and I so needed a happy ending! Fair warning, this book has some serious triggers and definitely qualifies as an emotionally dark contemporary romance. I was hooked in the first chapter and could not put the book down. I read the entire thing in one sitting. I was absolutely emotionally drained by the time I finished this book and I loved it! Definitely a must read!
Felicia's Review
Sep 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG the duet was amazing. The ending was perfect. This book breaks you and then builds you back up right along the characters. Eric and Pen story was not all sunshine and rainbows but they powered through and showed us what is what is worth fighting for. I hope get other side characters story that are needing to be told.
Evelyn Jane Thorne
Sep 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Just Stay is the second book The Metamorphosis Duet and it is even more brutal than the previous one. The cliffhanger in Just Leave absolutely shattered my heart and I absolutely hated Penny in that moment but this book definitely made me change my mind about her. This book is dark, intense, absolutely gut wrenching and the perfect way to end the duet.
Michelle The Outgoing Bookworm
This is one emotional story involving how a young woman goes through life after a devastating loss.

Set three years after the first book, Pen is in a downward spiral. You name it - ie drugs, alcohol - she’s abusing it. She’ll need her Eric and her friends to get out of it.

This book made cry but I expected it. Pen and Eric have one bumpy ride together but I was glad I was along for the ride.

* I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.
TINA WILLIAMS
Sep 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Just Stay is the perfect conclusion to Eric and Pen’s tumultuous and gut-wrenching love story. This is such a well written story that deals with grief, depression, suffering and loss. Sometimes having a strong support system doesn’t matter as the darkness seeps in and pulls you under.
Melissa
Great read

What an ending to this emotional ride. After the ending of Just Leave we jump ahead and with age comes different perspectives. This was just as good or better then Just Leave. Great read.
nothing but amazing books Lacey Threapleton Wygerde
Just Stay The Metamorphosis Duet starts off where Just Leave ended . I read this in one sitting . I is definitely Rollercoaster of emotions and a lot twists and turns I definitely don’t want to give much away . I am really looking forward what this author has next !!!
Rachel Derby
Oct 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author. I enjoyed how the book was written and the storyline. The characters were relateable ans were really great in the story. I felt it was an enjoyable book for me and i cant wait to read more from Ren Blakely.
Sep 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Just Stay was even better than the first book. After that epic cliffy in Just Leave, we find the characters several years older still dealing with the fall out of that horrible night. The gang tries to rekindle their friendship and move past events that have shaped them into who they currently are. Beware- this book has some serious triggers but it’s all worth it in the end.

• Beyond Vengeance
  • Brutal Lies (Pacific Prep, #2)
  • Playing With Knives
  • Forsaken (Rejected Mate Academy, #2)
  • Nefarious Betrayal (Precarious Shifters, #1)
  • Dark Side of the Cloth (The Righteous, #1)
  • Jax (The Heights Saga, #2)
  • Erased Certainty (Precarious Shifters #2)
  • Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)
  • The Dancer and The Masks (Their Obsession, #1)
  • Destiny Found (Precarious Shifters, #3)
  • To Bleed a Crystal Bloom (Crystal Bloom, #1)
  • Poisoned Paradise
  • Mirror Image (Shattered Mirror Prophecies #1)
  • Ruining Him: McKinley Ranch Duet
  • B Positive (Blood Song Duet, #1)
  • Make Me Lie (Rich Demons of Darkwood, #1)
  • Her Corrupted
Ren Blakely is a dark romance author who is addicted to coffee, pina coladas, and chocolate...all the beautiful things that makes life go around.

As an avid reader herself Ren loves badass and strong women, though she often wondered what happens to the other ones. The ones who can't beat the sh*t out of anyone but themselves, the ones with shortcomings, the ones who haven't had to grow up yet.

Now s

The Metamorphosis Duet (2 books)
  • Just Leave (The Metamorphosis Duet, #1)

News & Interviews

It's almost November, which can mean only one thing in the writing community: It's time to get ready for National Novel Writing...