Jump to ratings and reviews

The Bullish Case for Bitcoin

7 books2 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 30 reviews
Profile Image for Blake.
63 reviews4 followers
January 11, 2022
The Bitcoin rabbit hole is very deep, but this short book succinctly summarises the personal case for saving with Bitcoin, and the societal case for others to do the same.

“Bullish case” sounds like financial / investor speak, but this book is much more holistic. I’d recommend it as the best introduction to people who aren’t yet convinced, haven’t looked into Bitcoin properly yet, or are gambling away their savings on dog money.

I especially like the genuine steel man “bearish” case in the book too. Ironically, it’s the best critique I’ve seen of some of the risks despite many dedicating themselves to being against Bitcoin.

Finally, I appreciate that this isn’t another “but how does it actually work” type of book. There are better resources for that, although Vijay does include detail where necessary such as when he needs to explain the Bitcoin security and governance model and related network effects.
Profile Image for Blake.
3 reviews17 followers
November 29, 2021
This book needs to be made more accessible and spread far and wide. It answered every question and doubt I had prior to reading it.
Profile Image for Warclimb.
2 reviews11 followers
December 23, 2021
Lectura ligera que situa el bitcoin y la blockchain dentro del contexto de la economía a escala histórica, desde el imperio romano hasta la época actual.
Profile Image for Sloan.
47 reviews15 followers
November 5, 2022
Great intro to the ideas around Bitcoin. Covers the high-level concepts in an easy to understand manner as well as the pros and potential cons.

Highly recommend for those that are curious about Bitcoin or cryptocurrency in general but haven't spent much time looking into it.
Profile Image for Pavleras.
48 reviews
May 3, 2022
I’ve discovered a few risks about Bitcoin investment that was not aware of.
Profile Image for Andrew.
139 reviews12 followers
May 20, 2022
An excellent concise primer on Bitcoin. It focuses more the economics of Bitcoin but does address some of the technological developments and how this overlaps with the economic side of Bitcoin so that it can be pristine collateral. It is better even than gold, due to its decentralized nature making it a valuable form of money to HODL to project your wages in fiat from being devalued by government inflation and other centralized threats.

He does have chapters that address many common misconceptions on Bitcoin as well making this a great Bitcoin introduction for novices. There is still much valuable content even for those who have read several books on Bitcoin making it an excellent resources for beginners and more knowledgeable Bitcoiners.
Profile Image for Paige Gordon.
517 reviews29 followers
August 25, 2021
This is an excellent book for anyone looking to understand the argument for Bitcoin. Vijay is an excellent communicator and gives good overview of all of the pros and cons of Bitcoin as a form of hard money. If you are looking to delve down the rabbit hole, this book is a great starting point!

Favorite Quote: "The road to serfdom consists of working exponentially harder for a currency growing exponentially weaker."
Profile Image for Mike.
115 reviews11 followers
November 22, 2021
Excellent 101-level treatment of Bitcoin. Boyapati writes well -- and winsomely. If you want to learn more about Bitcoin (without getting bogged down deeply into the computer science of it), this is a great place to turn.

In this book, Boyapati is also honest about what could go wrong for Bitcoin. He does not ignore potential risks to this burgeoning asset.

Profile Image for Joshua Arnold.
34 reviews
August 28, 2021
It was good for what it is. If his aim was to reach the average person, then he needs to learn how to write in a way that the average person understands instead of using academic terms that causes the person to spend time in a dictionary every so often. The average person is going to get tripped up and discouraged with a bunch of academic terms that can easily be explained with words people use every day.

2 reviews
February 1, 2022
This is big

Me to my younger arrogant self - I forgive you. :”)

Great book. Great read, gives a new perspective on the same things. Has a lot of light-bulb moments in simple text that is easy to understand. But I would still stay skeptical, and read more books, more articles, more things and continue my trip down the proverbial rabbit hole.
2 reviews
May 15, 2022
Easily digestible to the average person. Watch for his sly add ins such as idolizing BTC once it reaches and surpasses the gold market cap. Vijay doesn’t point out that golds market cap is 11 trillion and BTCs is around 600B. Yet he makes this case multiple times throughout the book
Profile Image for João Moreira.
4 reviews1 follower
July 31, 2022
This book gives a clear perspective on the place Bitcoin has in today’s society without going too deep in the technicalities of blockchains. Perfect for new people trying to understand Bitcoin or for the ones that have been in the space for longer.
Profile Image for Chris DeCleene.
19 reviews1 follower
October 15, 2022
I read the original online version. A good option for people only willing to read a really, really, really long article. That audience being limited, though, my base recommendation would still be the duo of The Bitcoin Standard and Inventing Bitcoin, and to bypass this.
Profile Image for Jonathan.
Author 1 book3 followers
August 29, 2022
A great read and very useful metrics of bitcoins challenges and on its potential value directions.
Profile Image for Kevin Kuehn.
198 reviews6 followers
January 18, 2022
This is a really good overview of the value proposition for Bitcoin. Boypati eloquently and simply explains the history of money and how we are where we are when it comes to global finance. He also breaks down Bitcoin in a way that is palpable for somebody who previously may have never really thought about it. This would definitely be on my required reading list for anybody interested in learning about what Bitcoin is and how it is relevant today.
July 30, 2021
Great little book that does not dig too much into the technical aspect of bitcoin but stays with the overall picture of how it's going to change the monetary policy of the world. A must read for anything interested or new to the bitcoin space
Profile Image for Frank Jerome.
11 reviews1 follower
August 22, 2021
One of the best books to read if you want a general understanding of why Bitcoin is not only one of the most important innovations of our time, but also an asset that will be most valuable for all 8 billion people on the planet.

Highly recommend for those new to Bitcoin. A must read!
Profile Image for Samir Balut.
6 reviews
January 24, 2022
Vijay Boyapati did an amazing job, this is a great book and easy to understand for someone who is new to Bitcoin and one of the best explanations of the properties of money I’ve read. Simply one of the best overview of “why Bitcoin” there is, but I also liked that it describes potential risks.
Profile Image for Jeff M.
51 reviews
September 27, 2021
A good intro. Definitely for beginners interested in the theory of Bitcoin, the grander vision.
Profile Image for Dave Maddock.
378 reviews36 followers
October 2, 2021
A long form essay circa 2017 turned short book, this is a concise argument for the adoption of Bitcoin as a monetary standard that holds up.
113 reviews
October 11, 2021
Really easy read for beginners to Bitcoin. Also gives some potential risks to Bitcoin which is nice to see the author addressing the other side.
Profile Image for Rob Lutton.
6 reviews
January 5, 2022
Really help me see why Bitcoin is unique and a must hold asset for the inflation filled times ahead as well as a way to have sovereignty over your savings.
Profile Image for Sven Gerst.
48 reviews9 followers
January 1, 2022
Should be in the arsenal of everyone who wants to orange-pill their friends and family…and doesn’t want to throw “The Bitcoin Standard” or “Mastering Bitcoin” at them.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 30 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.