Start by marking “Cream and Punishment (King Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cream and Punishment (King Family, #2)

Cream and Punishment

(King Family #2)

She’s not just my ex-girlfriend. She’s my new coworker.

I knew Lucy Dillard was The One the first time I met her. Yes, I’m enough of a sap to believe in love at first sight. When I fell for Lucy, I fell hard. Everything was great between us—until the moment she dumped me.

Now I just want to forget about her. Instead, I’m stuck staring at her face all day. But I need this job
Published January 18th 2022

To ask other readers questions about Cream and Punishment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cream and Punishment

Start your review of Cream and Punishment (King Family, #2)
RateTheRomance
CINNAMON ROLL HERO ALERT!

It will likely be impossible for you to read 𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗣𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 without falling madly in love with Tanner. This man though. He's well-read and sweet. He quotes Jane Austen and spouts poetry during dirty talk and I was HERE. FOR. IT. 🔥 He is the epitome of sweetness and goodness and hot sex. I mean....that's the dream, right?

Lucy was a much more difficult character for me to love. She experiences a LOT of personal growth during this book, and I love that, but she was al
Hannah B.
✨🍦Here’s the scoop…🍦✨

This book was an ice cream sandwich, with Tanner and Lucy being two sweet cookies unrelentingly duty bound to their families, and stuffed with just horrible family situations that will have you SCREAMING bloody sprinkle for them to get the hot fudge out of this town. They rarely popsicle stick up for themselves and when they do it’s two scoops too late. Tanner did it first and has my respect, but Lucy really melts my custard. She refused to do anything for herself and expect
Susannah Nix
Oct 28, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored-by-me
NOW LIVE!
Cream and Punishment has arrived! Book #2 in the King Family series is available for your reading and/or listening pleasure in ebook, audiobook, and paperback. People are falling madly in love with Jane Austen-quoting cinnamon roll hero Tanner King!

💜 Second chance romance
💜 Coworker exes
💜 A perfectly matched pair of sexy bookish nerds

Read it in ebook ➤➤➤
AMAZON: https://geni.us/amznCAP
APPLE: https://geni.us/appleCAP
NOOK: https://geni.us/nookCAP
KOBO: https://geni.us/koboCAP
GOOGLE: https:
Danielle's
Dec 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favourite Susannah Nix book to date. It was fun, witty and had a depth I craved. This is the second book in the series but I haven’t read the first. This can easily be read as a standalone.

Tanner is struggling to find his place within the family. He also thought he’d found the perfect woman until she ran. When he’s assigned a new job within the Ice cream chain he finds himself unable to avoid his ex.

Can Tanner figure out what went wrong and will he finally find his place.

I received
LianaReads blog
Dec 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“ Find and fight for love “ is indeed what happens in Cream and Punishment. I love this new series and while I really enjoyed the first book, this one checks more boxes for my preferences and I really loved it. I’m a sucker for a second chance romance anyway so maybe that’s why I can’t be so biased 🙈.
Both Tanner and Lucy try to find their place in life and in their job so when they are forced to work together, a truce must be made for them to keep their jobs.
I’m so looking forward to
Addie Yoder
Dec 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am kind of hooked on this world of Crowder, Texas and the King family. Cream and Punishment is the story of Lucy and Tanner's second chance at love. They both have deeply seated family issues that keep them a little stuck, but watching them learn and grow together was so rewarding. The glimpses of characters from Nix's other series are so fun and the family dynamic between the King siblings is one of the best parts of these books. It is a steamy, fun, and heartwarming story that just makes me ...more
♥Milica♥
DNF @ 21%

I don't think this series, or this author is for me. There's zero improvement from the first book, the characters are still unlikeable, the plot still boring and I can't even bring myself to skim the rest of it. I'm done.
Alloverthebooks ✎
Feb 12, 2022 rated it liked it
Shelves: vo
2.5 ⭐

I was super excited to read this story at first. I thought the theme of the story wasn't very original, but yet I really wanted to dive in and discover the world and the characters. I devoured three quarters of the book in a few hours. But it took me a long time to read the end. I don't really know why. I think at some point, I got bored. There wasn't much action, it was just the same old stuff. Except for this episode, I found the story easy to read. The characters are endearing. I liked t
Sarah Louise
Bookish, introvert, and willing to help clean up a menstrual mishap, Tanner is such a softhearted hero to love. Ready for commitment, Tanner was not prepared to be dumped after saying "I love you" to his girlfriend Lucy. Now forced to work side by side in marketing for the creamery, it's a fun mashup of a second chance, forced proximity, and workplace romance.

Still secretly harbouring feelings for Tanner, I really loved seeing Lucy grow into accepting happiness for herself. Constantly feeling ob
Shannon
Dec 27, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE the King family - this series is pure delight and I especially enjoyed Tanner and Lucy's second chance at love story! This book had me laughing and crying as the characters work through their vulnerabilities in the most relatable and caring of ways.

Perfect for anyone who loves:
-bookish characters with the most amazing Pride & Prejudice references!
-swoony leads who aren't afraid to help their partners with the messier parts of life
-workplace romances
-slow burn, second chance romances
-lots
Dali
Cream and Punishment is my first book by Susannah Nix. I loved the play on the book title, second chance romances are one of my favorite tropes, the cover was impossible to resist and the author came highly recommended.

The story is about Lucy Dillard and Tanner King who not only fell in love instantly with Lucy, he told her causing them to break up after only a few weeks of dating because she only wanted a casual relationship. Honest misunderstanding, right?

There’s only one problem, they work t
Brandy
Jan 18, 2022 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute and thoughtful read, though it was layered with some deep, potentially trigger-inducing issues. Lucy and Tanner were absolutely adorable together. Lucy’s family and Tanner’s father, however, were absolutely frustrating- I was just about ready to throw my Kindle! The ending was heartwarming and sweetly satisfying. I’m looking forward to the next book in this series.
Many thanks to Susannah Nix for the opportunity to be an ARC reader. I write this honest review voluntarily.
Jeeves Reads Romance
Jan 01, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2022-arcs
The only thing cuter than that punny title is the sweet, cinnamon roll of a hero in this light and sexy second chance romance. I loved him! I'm new to this series, but I had no trouble jumping right in and getting caught up on the family drama, which has me itching to read more of these ice cream-themed rom coms. This was a lot of fun, but the hero definitely stole the show; it's the rare case of a kind and loyal hero who falls well before his girl. While I'm not typically a fan of second chance ...more
Anna Reads Here
Dec 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Release Date: January 18th, 2022

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Tropes: second chance romance, small town, lovers to enemies to friends to lovers, workplace romance, forced proximity, he falls first

CW/TW: toxic family situations, mentions of cancer and death

Review: I don’t know how Susannah Nix did it again. She made me fall head over heels for another King family member and got me really curious about who is coming next. In short, my obsession and love for her storytelling just went up a million notche
Meg Kalani
Jan 05, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Cream and Punishment: ★ ★ ★ ★

Susannah Nix (King Family #2)

"I'm pretty sure you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, only apparently I was too broken to realize it until I'd lost you."

When Tanner King ends up working right across his ex Lucy Dillard, it's a little more than awkward and filled with tension–understandable, seeing as six months ago, Lucy couldn't have bolted out the door faster when Tanner confessed his love for her.

Admittedly, I was a little hesitant at the premise of t
Mia
Jan 29, 2022 rated it it was ok
Lucy and Tanner are cuteish but what I liked the most are family dynamic and Ryan a six foot five EMT was most interesting one I'm glad his book is next. ...more
mila
Shelves: arcs
"But I knew with unshakable certainty that Lucy was my soul mate. Against all odds, I’d found the person who completed me and made me whole."

Tropes: second chance romance, office romance, forced proximity, cinnamon roll hero, small town, big family. Can be read as a standalone.

This book must be the sweetest, swoon-worthy thing I've read this month! I haven't read the first book yet, but I already have it ready on my Kindle to get into this family 🥰

I love everything related to seco
jordan | joburns.reads
⭐️4 🌶3

Second Chance | Workplace Romance | Exes to Lovers | Cinnamon Roll Hero | Small Town | Forced-Proximity (Co-Worker) | New Adult | RomCom

Being your coworker’s ex was complicated enough. Being friends with your coworker-slash-ex? Was confusing as heck.

I really enjoyed this book by Susannah Nix! After seeing a review on BookTok, I knew I wanted to read this book. Second chance romances have become a new favorite of mine, and I definitely have a soft spot for women in marketing since that is m
Miramanee
Jan 04, 2022 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
This was such a fun read! I loved Andie and Wyatt's story, so reading more about the King brothers was such a treat!
Lucy and Tanner's story was adorable and while it did take me a little to really get into this book, I absolutely adored it in the end!
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*
tsakksreading
Jan 02, 2022 rated it really liked it
5/5 stars:

This book was the definition of comfort read.it gave me all sorts of comfy and fuzzy feelings. Every single character was incredible, although I show a small preference for tanner and Lucy obvs.

Their relationship was fantastic and I loved how it was planned out, it didn’t feel staged nor forced. The relationship and the problems the characters were facing with their families were realistic and this is probably the reason I loved this book so much. Because every single issue was reali
Nicole (the library of n)
4.5 stars rounded up to 5!

When Tanner gets demoted from his family's business, his sister takes pity on him and gives him a new position working in marketing. What he doesn't expect is that his new co-worker will be his ex-girlfriend. As in THE ex girlfriend that he loved (still loves) and she...didn't love him back. So now he has to find a way to work with Lucy every single day despite still being desperately in love with her.

I just LOVE second chance romances!! Easily one of my favourite tro
Romance Recs
I’m not rating this because this is a DNF for me. I got to 12% and once the heroine’s family dynamic came to play, I knew I wasn’t in the mood for family drama. Honestly, I hate family drama in romance novels. The heroines mom and brother take advantage of her and she pays all the bills, cleans and is an overall pushover.

Um why? I really don’t like when a hero or heroine’s family treats them like crap and they just sit there and take it. That’s my pet peeve so I’m sorry but I’m not to sit throu
Jasmine Pearl Reads
huge thanks to netgalley and susannah nix for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review!
~
a.) enemies-to-friends (and coworker LOL)
b.) friends-to-lovers
c.) workplace romance
d.) second chance romance
e.) family relationship
do i need to say more? i am a sucker for these tropes and the awkwardness and tension between the two were just really funny to me. it's nice to have lucy and tanner's POVs because they made the story more fun and enjoyable to read.
~
this book also highlighted some thi
Anna  (The Bursting Bookshelf)
Jan 18, 2022 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for a gifted copy

A rom-com about a second chance romance between two workers at an ice cream company? Sign me up. Cream and Punishment is a delightful new romcom in a series of interconnected standalone stories about the King family siblings.

Tanner is a total cinnamon roll love interest - he was a little overzealous at times, but his heart was in the right place. What I really enjoyed about him was that when Lucy was uncomfortable in their new coworking situation, he di
Sara | sara.reads.too.much
Jan 02, 2022 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series and getting to know each King son!

I felt like this book was a bit heavier than the first for the fact that it dealt with heavier and more concerning topics. I don't know if it's just be but toxic parents are on the heavier topic side. That being said, the characters go through a lot in this book and you witness these relationships and see and understand what the character is going through.

On the lighter side of things, I love that he fell in love first and that i
Jan Cassi
Jan 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read by Susannah and it will NOT be my last. When I came across the cover and blurb, I KNEW I had to read this book. I was so hooked from the start. This is a second chance that will have you up until the AM, swooning and loving everything about these characters.

Cream and Punishment was about Lucy and Tanner, two people that wants two completely different things. Tanner was GOALS, he fell hard and fast for Lucy, but she wasn't looking for a serious relationship. When they're st
maddison
Dec 25, 2021 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the King family's series. I haven't read the first one, but I want to do so as soon as possible!

Lucy and Tanner dated for several weeks before she called it quits. As a result, it was unavoidable to experience heartbreak. They're now required to work together. Isn't that simple? Working with your ex is so easy… said no one ever.

After some awkwardness and glaring, they agreed to be friends again. Which is fine until they realize their feelings for each other haven't dis
Julia | Romance Book Expert
Omg, my heart! Lucy and Tanner are adorable. I loved how in this second chance romance, the main characters really take the time to know each other. It was just so sweet. I am so ready for book 3 in the king family series.⁠ For anyone interested, I'm hosting an Author event with Susannah Nix on January 23rd. For more info check my Instagram and sign up with the link below :)

Isha Coleman
Jan 11, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads

Nix makes it easy to love adorably awkward. Expect the unexpected and you'll never be disappointed. Cream and Punishment turns heartache into a delightful piece of fun. From flighty to frustrating, Lucy and Tanner turn romance on it's heart and quickly steal yours. Am loving getting to know the King family.
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
‘”Go on,” I said. “It’s okay. You can laugh. Enjoy my humiliation. I don’t blame you.” I tried to laugh at myself like a good sport but it came out sounding hollow and creepy, like one of those demented dolls that came to life and murdered people. Tanner’s expression gentled. Instead of laughing at me, he took the roll of paper towels, tore off a piece, and offered it to me. “What can I do to help?”’

I can’t disclose the full context of this scene, not without spoiling it all for you. It’s one of
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• A Very Grumpy Christmas
  • The Billionaire Scrooge Next Door
  • The Wedding Ringer
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • The Lawyer (The Dalton Brothers, # 1)
  • Meant to Be (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Reckless Girls
  • Ten Trends to Seduce Your Bestfriend
  • The Mistletoe Pact
  • The Dirty Truth
  • When You Get the Chance
  • A Lot Like Adiós (Primas of Power, #2)
  • Broken Halo (Forgotten Legacy, #5)
  • First Love, Take Two (The Trouble with Hating You, #2)
  • A Scoundrel of Her Own (Sinful Wallflowers, #3)
  • Tacos for Two
  • Eight Perfect Hours
  • Happy Cat Box Set
See top shelves…
Susannah Nix is a RITA® Award-winning and USA Today bestselling author of rom-coms and contemporary romances who lives in Texas with her husband. On the rare occasions she's not writing, she can be found reading, knitting, lifting weights, drinking wine, or obsessively watching Ted Lasso on repeat to stave off existential angst.

Subscribe to Susannah's newsletter for exclusive bonus content: susann

King Family (3 books)
  • My Cone and Only (King Family, #1)
  • Pint of Contention (King Family, #3)

News & Interviews

As the final days of the year tick themselves off the calendar, the 2022 Goodreads Reading Challenge is coming to a close. Sincere...
“Love should be a partnership that builds you up and frees you to be the person you’re meant to be” 1 likes