Start by marking “Brutal Lies (Pacific Prep, #2)” as Want to Read:
Brutal Lies (Pacific Prep, #2)

Brutal Lies

(Pacific Prep #2)

This was not part of my plan.
Enrolling at Pacific Prep was supposed to gain me freedom and a feeling of control over my life. Buried truths are being revealed, and my goals are becoming less clear by the day.
My entire life, I’ve wanted a family; wanted to know if I had one out there. I’ve craved answers and now that I’m getting them, I don’t know if I’m ready.
I have a brot
Published August 2021

To ask other readers questions about Brutal Lies, please sign up.
R.A. Smyth book 3 is out 11th Oct, and the final book is out 1st December.

Start your review of Brutal Lies (Pacific Prep, #2)
M
Aug 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, arc
Woah book 2 picked up right where book 1 left off. This story is packed with twists and turns that keep you wanting more, steamy scenes that will make you squirm and characters that grip you with their bravery and alphaness!!

The angst was high in this read, but I loved it! I can't decide which of the Princes I adore the most. It was West in book 1, but Mason is oh so yummy. Cam is breaking my heart and Hawk is coming around. Beck, oh Beck.. He owns a piece of my heart as well.

Hadley is so stron
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
3.5

I'm moving on to the next book, but I'm seriously annoyed. 😂 I've begun to dislike the heroine, and that's never a good sign. I'm hoping she does something to change my feelings towards her.
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
Completed & My "Unofficial Review"
I've waited with Bated breath for this ARC since I read BROKEN TRUST (book 1) a month ago, & Oh so worth it!! I got the book today & completed it in hours too, needless to say...I didn't do much work today!

Take this as *MY UNOFFICIAL REVIEW* as I'm not sure when I'll be writing the "OFFICIAL" one, but gosh...This has been such hell of a freaking amazing ride!! More secrets revealed (Some still to uncover 😉), Trust growing, MFM sexy times...Things seem to be comi
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I wasn't expecting to love this series as much as I am but I am obsessed!! I can't say this book sucked me in as much as the first but there's still so many questions that I'm dying to find out the answers to.
Nessa
Aug 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say OMG this series is so amazing?!? All the secrets and lies going not only between the Princes and Hadley, but all the secrets in the overall story. Just as soon as I think I have an idea of what's going, another plot twist completely blows me away! I cannot wait for Pacific Prep #3, and the roller coaster I'm sure we're going to be led! ...more
R.E. Bond
Aug 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
You can't leave me hanging like that! Ugh, this book is so good and I'll die without the next one. I love these guys so much, and learning more about Hadley is heartbreaking. Things are starting to come together, and I have a feeling we will get a big shock in the next one. I need to know what happens!! ...more
Heather
Aug 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
To say I’ve been longing for this book is an understatement. After the ending of book 1 I was dying to get my hands on this. I knew it was going to be even more intense and gripping than the first and I wasn’t wrong. So many secrets come to light while some stay deeply hidden. Relationships grow closer while some might be damaged beyond repair.

Hadley proved once again why she is an amazing fmc. She is strong and fierce. She did have some vulnerable moments in this book. It was nice to see that
Kalli Bunch
Aug 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I need the next book immediately!! These endings are breaking my heart (in a good way). I can't say a lot without giving away spoilers, but this book is even better than the first one. We get to find out a little bit more than we did about certain things on both sides and the twists are even bigger. I cannot wait to see what is revealed in the next book. I need more!! ...more
Rebecca Diaz
Aug 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for this book and thank the stars I didn’t have to wait too long!

Brutal Lies picks up right where Broken Trust left off and I’m so damn happy about it!

RA Smyth has answered SOME of the questions but she also added more questions.

I honestly don’t know how to write this review without giving spoilers away because the whole book is one big spoiler.

In Broken Trust I thought I had my favorite guys picked out but after reading Brutal Lies, I’ve changed my mind.

West, Beck and Mas
Madita
May 08, 2022 rated it liked it
3,5 stars - a lot better! I still don’t get the super high rating though. I liked Hadley so much more in this second book which made it instantly a lot more enjoyable. But it still felt like the plot was all over the place and not really consistent. I also liked the dynamic between the guys better but there is still a lot to improve. The smut was still very medicore at best. (view spoiler) ...more
Yami's Bookshelf
Brutal Lies by RA Smyth is book 2 of the Pacific Prep academy series. The second book picks up exactly where we left off in Broken Trust. We get to see so much more now from the guys’s perspectives. Hadley is the ultimate bad bich I would like to be. Obviously not the suffering she had to go through but her ultimate kick butt powers and energy and charisma; Hadley is like Black Widow in this series. How could that ending be another cliffy?

RA Smyth has written a freaking masterpiece and she has l
Ashleigh
Aug 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After the end of book one I was desperate to see what happened in book two. Brutal Lies was the perfect follow up, complete with its own cliffhanger and brilliant storyline. Hadley is my favourite type of leading lady, she takes no crap from people but is also a little broken. Her damage doesn’t mean weakness, then more her story evolves the more I love her.

After the ending of Broken Trust I had so many questions about Beck and West’s history, and in this book I got a few answers. I also got a
Kristina Ramlogan
Aug 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brutal Lies had me hooked right away. I love a good mystery and this series has it for me. Once one thing comes to light it leaves you with so many more questions.

Hadley has earned her title of a badass in my book. It’s a quote in the book that just hits so hard that it truly define Hadley.

“You had to go through hell in order to rise from the ashes and emerge as the warrior you are.”

I hope to find out more of what happened to Hadley. It’s so many questions I have about her past.

I loved havin
Cat the bookworm
Still struggling with this cliffhanger and the fact that I have to wait until October for the next book while I write this review.

Holy shit. I’ve had high hopes after the first book, and R.A. Smyth sure as hell delivered.

The mystery around Hadley’s gets unveiled bit by bit, and by the end of the book the picture is relatively clear. She’s learning to trust the guys, and even lets them in on some of the secrets she’s harboring. I love that we get POVs from all the guys and not just from her, and
Lozz
Aug 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Secrets, Lies, Betrayal, Just another Day in the Lives If Pacific Prep RH

*Some spoilers may be present in this review*
Brutal Lies (Pacific Prep #2)

The story continues for Hadley Parker, and the Princes of Pacific Prep,

Cam, West, Mason, Hawk are now joined by the school therapist, and equally hot, half brother of West, Beck, who has been treating Hadley.

The guys are now dealing with threats made by their parents, who are now insisting in their involvement in the families business “Nocturnal Ente
Robyn
Spice: 🌶

These books should really be condensed to a novel or two. I've finished one and two, but I can't make myself read the others. There are too many slow crawling holes for this to be a continual read.

The plot seems to be truly intriguing, but following this as if I'm reading someone's written journal is almost painful.

Several grammar/linguistic issues reported via kindle.
Cheria
4.5 ⭐ rounding up because I love the FMC and the entire book gripped me

WOW! This series has totally gripped me and I'm so excited for more! . A FMC who I was totally cheering for and girl-crushing on. Characters written richly layered. A story with so many twists and turns, just buckle-in for the unexpected. Brutal Lies is the second book in new Pacific Prep series - contemporary high school RH with enemies-to-lovers and bully, dark pasts, secrets and twists, told in Multi-POV, which I love for
Nikki'J'
Continuing on from Book 1 Broken Trust.

Hadley and the Princes are back in this Reverse Harem series. If you like suspense, darkness and some heat with your romance then get into this book but make sure you have read book 1 first.

This book is just as intriguing and well written as the first. Again I had to force myself to stop reading it and finished it as quickly as I could. Check your Trigger warnings before reading.

Hadley's world has been rocked by what West found out, she thought her life wa
GML
Aug 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 Brutal and Broken Stars

Let start with WHAT THE FUCKING HELL

What the hell... I got to the book thinking well maybe "MAYBE" with this one we get answers and maybe peace of mind. Then RA Smyth came out of nowhere laughing like a Psycho yelling at me "bitch you are going to end up more fucked up and broken needing next book like is your last breath.. and your are going to loved it." So Yeah that's exacly what happen.

In this book we see a more vulnerable Hadley she show apart of her that we
Nagma (Take A Look At My Bookshelf)
This series is quickly becoming my favorite series of all time! The lies, secrets, betrayal, and mystery has me devouring these books so quickly. And the cliffhangers!! R.A. Smyth, you’re going to kill me with them. I need more!!!!

Brutal Lies is the second book in the Pacific Prep Series. This series is a dark, contemporary, new adult reverse harem and the FMC will end up with 3+ love interests.

Brutal Lies starts off where Broken Trust left off and in this book we get more from the guys particul
abbey willcox
Aug 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I can't even tell you how excited I was to dive into this book. Book one was absolutely brilliant 👏 book two was also amazing 👏 I am soo wrapped up in this world, I'm fully invested. I don't even know where to begin and feel like I'm rambling because my head is still working its way through everything that's happened and is yet to happen!! This books is full of angst, at times I wanted to scream into the book hoping Hadley and the guys would hear me and listen 😂 TALK TO EACH OTHER!! BE HONEST bu ...more
Inga O
Aug 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
As always R.A Smyth knows exactly how to weave a twisted plot of intrigue that has all the feels and screaming at the pages. I literally couldn’t stop reading and devoured this book in a day. This book picks up straight from where we left off in book one after that bombshell. I loved seeing the different POV’s to all the guys as well as Hadleys once again especially in this book as just so much is going on and there’s so many secrets! Who knows who and what but Hadley is getting those pieces tog ...more
Gemma Mcsheffrey
Aug 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Omg this book I finished in a day, I just could not stop reading! Hadley is such an amazing character and is so strong, I really started to love mason alot more in this book and i already love beck and west! How there relationship progressed in this book was amazing but there all still hiding so many secrets and lies with each other. I was so glad when Hadley finally told the boys the truth and came dad tho but I felt so sorry for cam and all of his emotions! I was so happy when Hawk finally sta ...more
Kerrie Goodman
Aug 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I've been dying for this book ever since I finished book 1. It picks up right where Broken Trust left off and wow its a journey of twists and turns.

I adored seeing the relationships growing and changing and in many ways the characters growing too especially Hawk. Hadley's strength is incredible and seeing her start to let the boys in is incredibly heart warming.

The hate I have for Lawrence is incredible, ugh I want to dick punch him soooo bad. I also don't want to take that away from Hadley!

That
Carla Mclemore
Aug 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The second installment of Pacific Prep picked up right where the first left off. This series is far from your usual run of the mill bully romance. There's mystery involved, along with jealousy in the harem. There's steam, angst, and humor as well. We also saw growth throughout this book between Hadley and all her relationships, platonic and romantic. The cliffhanger just left me panting for more! ...more
Kaylee
Aug 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-library
The secrets. The reveals. MORE SECRETS. The steamy scenes. This book was so good. It was so easy to fall back into this world with these characters. I loved what happened in this book but these secrets might kill me. THEY ALL JUST NEED TO TALK TO EACH OTHER. OH MY GOSH. I love that we get to see different PoVs especially when some overlap a bit so we get a look inside Hadley and one of the guys’ heads. This ending has my nerves wrecked and I just need to know what happens!
Felicia
Aug 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brutal Lies by R.A. Smyth is a dark reverse harem academy bully romance. This is the second book in the Pacific Prep series.

The book comes with a warning/caution "The book also has trigger warnings for bullying, violent and/or graphic scenes, dubcon, vulgar language and graphic scenes and references to self harm and past trauma."

This is the second book of Rachel's that I have read and it definitely won't be my last. I was pulled in from the first chapter and couldn't wait to see what was going
Melissa
Dec 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So after reading book 1, I had to sleep on the review because I honestly didn't know if I wanted to start the second book. It's not that I didn't like the first book because it was very good.. I honestly didn't know how i felt about it.

This second book was EVERYTHING. The twists and turns from the first book carried on into the second book which were even wilder than the first. You really saw the character development in the second book which was everything, especially with Hawk.

The sex was ho

- Suspense / murder / mystery
- Mercenaries / trained fighters
- Dry & sarcastic humour / banter
- Good character development
- Not the steamiest so far but hoping as the books progress they’ll get more spicy

- Different personalities in harem (moody, cocky, nerdy, sassy)

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 Stars
🌶.5 / 3 Steam (so far)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: update book cover please 5 34 Sep 01, 2021 03:24PM
Goodreads Librari...: update book cover please 3 34 Aug 14, 2021 03:36PM

• Black Thorns (Thorns Duet, #2)
  • Make My Move (Hannaford Prep #5)
  • Crooked Crows (Boys of Briar Hall, #1)
  • Warrior Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #5)
  • Wicked Trials (Boys of Briar Hall, #2)
  • Untamed (Rejected Mate Academy, #1)
  • Believe In Us (Servite Academy Series, #3)
  • Heaven
  • Twisted Creek (The Allstars, #3)
  • Tainted Creek (The Allstars, #2)
  • The Ruthless (Queen Crow #2)
  • To Bleed a Crystal Bloom (Crystal Bloom, #1)
  • The Awakening as Told by the Boys (Zodiac Academy #1.5)
  • Four
  • B Positive (Blood Song Duet, #1)
  • Boucher House: Book 1 (Broken Asylum Duet #1)
  • The Fall of a God (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #2)
  • Toxic Creek (The Allstars, #1)
See top shelves…
Hi

My name is Rachel. I live with my husband and amazing golden retriever Sandy in the UK.

I am a long time avid reader and a new author of dark and dirty reverse harem romance. I currently have one complete series, and another which will be complete on 1st December, and a whole bunch of exciting things planned for 2022.

Crescentwood (debut series)
Three Divisions: https://books2read.com/threedivision

Pacific Prep (4 books)
  • Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)
  • Beyond Vengeance (Pacific Prep, #3)
  • Break Free (Pacific Prep, #4)

News & Interviews

Judging by early reviews and general pop-culture impact, Emily St. John Mandel (Station Eleven) has hit a home run with her latest novel, Sea...
“floozies” 0 likes