Start by marking “Realm of Light (The Ruby Throne Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Realm of Light (The Ruby Throne Trilogy, #3)

Realm of Light (The Ruby Throne Trilogy #3)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  250 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The death of Emperor Kostimon has unleashed the dark gods upon the kingdom of Imperia--and only the Lady Elandra and the warrior Caelan have the power to save their land and people.
Published March 30th 2004 by Ace (first published October 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Realm of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Realm of Light

Shaunesay
Nov 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a good trilogy, it started kind of slow, but was a good story!
Lise
May 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Just a reminder. The "Ruby Throne" trilogy is a serial and, therefore, the individual installments need to be read in order.

Why do we do the things we do in life? My personal opinion is that the system of propaganda we grow up with focuses our attention on some matters and away from others. Pleasantville becomes a constant state for us rather than a place to visit when we need to rest from reality. When two systems meet, dissonance arises and our minds and bodies begin the fight of where we are
Tim
Mar 19, 2008 rated it liked it
Patti
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I kept waiting for the moment when this book got too long, or too over-the-top, or too dumb, but it never did. I was involved right up until the end. In fact, it got to a point where I wanted to put the book into the freezer. This book ended when it was supposed to, nothing felt contrived or forced, and I loved the story. If you love fantasy, this series is a great read.
Alisa Hines
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending to the trilogy!

Thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy. There is non-stop action and wonderful storytelling. I would recommend this series by Deborah Chester to anyone who likes the genre!
Sarah Mari
Aug 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the trilogy, but I felt like the relationships were forced. The lore of the world was intriguing & I wanted more explanations. I also felt that the dialogue was forced & there were characters who could have influenced the story in big ways if they had been developed more fully.
Christopher B. Jones
Very entertaining!

This was a good read. Over much to soon, but just right. I was left looking for another book about the children.
Jonathan M Pahlas
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but missing some plot

I wanted a 3.5. The author is a good writer, but she did the majority of her character development in book 3.
Angela
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very satisfying end to the trilogy, would definitely recommend it to other fantasy book fans.
Tiffany Adams
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: epic-fantasy
a great easy fantasy read
  • Shadows of Myth
  • Circle at Center (Seven Circles Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady in Gil (Gil Trilogy, #1)
  • A Hero Born (Realms of Chaos, #1)
  • Mage Heart (The Chronicles of Dion #1)
  • Airs and Graces (Horsemistress Saga, #2)
  • Avaryan Rising  (Avaryan Rising, #1-3)
  • Kingmaker's Sword (Rune Blade, #1)
  • The Final Sacrifice (The Chronicles of Josan, #3)
  • Daughter of Exile
  • Ring of Destiny (Dance of the Rings, #3)
  • Highwaymen: Robbers and Rogues
  • The Duke's Ballad
  • The Deer's Cry
  • Reiffen's Choice (Stoneways Trilogy, #1)
The internationally published, award-winning author of 41 novels, Deborah Chester has written Regency romances, historical romances, young adult, science fiction, and fantasy. She is a tenured professor of professional writing in the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma, where she teaches novel and short story writing.
She holds a B.A. with General Hon
More about Deborah Chester...

The Ruby Throne Trilogy (3 books)
  • Reign of Shadows (The Ruby Throne Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow War (The Ruby Throne Trilogy, #2)