Start by marking “Nefarious Betrayal (Precarious Shifters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nefarious Betrayal (Precarious Shifters, #1)

Nefarious Betrayal

(Precarious Shifters #1)

What I thought was supposed to be one of the happiest times of my life, turned out to be my worst nightmare. I was following the steps expected of me—find my mate, become a Queen, and lead shifter kind. Someone along the way interfered with my destiny.

My world turned upside down when the person who meant everything to me, turned out to be the worst kind of traitor. He play
Published August 4th 2021 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Nefarious Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nefarious Betrayal

Start your review of Nefarious Betrayal (Precarious Shifters, #1)
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
Marina
Aug 31, 2021 rated it it was ok
This book started out so good but it was so freaking slow. The most annoying part was the time jumps. I could handle the flashbacks but the jumping around hours in the present day wasn’t fun.

This book was primarily through the perspective of the four MMCs excluding the flashbacks and the opening prologue in Cecily’s POV, and there were some issues or me. I don’t think it needed to keep cycling through everyone’s perspective of events, events which took way too long to progress. And as much as I
Daisy Delfin
I'm not rating the book, because it could not keep my attention. I kept finding excuses to not read and that's a sure sign that the book is not for me. I hated that many things are described in unnecessary little detail. I also think that this book is a lot about whatever happened 500 years ago. But it would have been so much better, if the history would have been told in a separate book and the second book should start with the story. But until now I feel, that we do need the history lesson but ...more
Nagma (Take A Look At My Bookshelf)
What a mind-blowing debut. I’m speechless. This book is very well thought out and so unique. I mean come on; the FMC has been in a coma for 500 years and her POV takes place 500 years in the past whereas the other POVs are in the present. There are so many twists and turns that keep you engaged. This book is an emotional rollercoaster, and it was so addictive. I could not put it down. So original and creative, honestly Leah Steele has amazed me with this book and I can’t wait to see where the ne ...more
Chenay
Aug 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Everyone loves shifters. This book is the first ive read of this author. It is slow in some ways action packed in others. I enjoyed this book n am looking forward to book 2
abbey willcox
Jul 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
That ending 😬🤫 I would like the next book now please?? This book was so different because the female lead character; Cecily, is told from her past POV as she is stuck in a coma - like state for the past 500 hundred years, literally throughout the whole book!! Which was so weird but quite brilliantly thought out!! Meanwhile, we get different POV from all of the lead guys; Marcus, Alex, Klaus and Derrick which I actually loved as we got to know them and their quirks/different characters. They are ...more
Becca
Jul 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant debut novel. I really enjoyed this one and getting to know our MMCs. Is it too early to pick a favourite? #teamKlaus … and #teamDerrick too👀. Not much steam in this book however, Leah has said there’s plenty to come in the next books🔥. Can we talk about that ending?! What the heck! Marcus you have some serious explaining to do! I cannot wait for book 2 and I’m really pleased to know we haven’t got long to wait😆.
Zainab M.
Jun 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Steely debut... Worth every second

Reverse Harem - ✓
4 D*cks - ✓
Overloaded Testosterone - ✓

An action packed full length novel that will bring you to your knees. I have enjoyed the way Steele has connected various timelines, giving us a mysterious and eerie vibe throughout. This is one of those books where I didn't expect what would happen in cliffhanger! YESS! It does end in cliffhanger. No, you won't have to wait much longer for this beauty. The author has kindly decided to grace us with alllll
Beth Lander
May 11, 2022 rated it liked it
When I first started this book, I felt like I was reading two books in one - two different timelines. However, as the momentum of the book set in the two different timelines kind of worked. Through this momentum, I found myself beginning to enjoy the read!!

Love the cliff hanger, it has defiantly peaked my interest to try the next book.

Loved the different personalities in this book, each one of them balanced each other out. Would have loved to see more of Cecily present pov near the end though.

A
Zenda

There are some things I liked about this novel and things I really didn't. One of my biggest problems was it felt like anything the author couldn't or didn't want to explain, surprise! Magic! I couldn't get a handle on the location, and it kind of pulled me out of the story also since it seemed to be early European, but with Native Americans? All in all, I will probably finish the next book to see where it goes, but I won't be in any hurry to do so.
Locklyn
Jul 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: july-2021
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Story
🔥🔥🔥Steamy
👑Oh Leah Steele this story! Fantastic weaving of past and present.
👑I usually get so lost and confused with alternating timeline stories, but Leah Steele managed to weave this story in such a way that it was engaging and entertaining.
👑So one POV takes place 500 years in the past, and the other is in present day. We have 4 alpha males, the leaders of the Shifter council who meet every year. They are the best of friend, and take a brief vacation before the yearly Summit of shif
Toni M
Jul 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First of all just looking at the cover and it got me all excited to get stuck in to this book.
I love how there is a playlist on Spotify for this book 🙌🏻 .
This story has a complete different twist on wolf shifters and I find myself excited and wanting more.
I was hooked right from the start.
This is a must read book and my first book from this author too, I was pleasantly surprised and I will definitely be reading more by this author.

There is so much to unpack in this book, so much information th
✿❀ Lauren, aka Coffee and the Bibliophile ❀✿

⭐️ 𝙀𝙙𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙨 𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩. ⭐️

𝒢𝑒𝓃𝓇𝑒 | 𝒯𝓇𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓈: PNR
𝒫𝒪𝒱: 1st, Multiple
𝒮𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈: Precarious Shifters, Book 1
𝒮𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓁: 🔥

First thing I need to say, I NEED to know what happens next…immediately. The plot was FANTASTIC. The timeline and writing was done in an unusual format, with our FMC in the past most of the book and the MMCs in the present, as they raced to protect a woman they’re all drawn to. In one word, this book is: FOUNDATIONAL. And in all honesty, it’s pretty darn fantastic.

Cecil
Murphy
Oct 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic start to series

Wowwww!!! Can you imagine???

Ok this review will be quick because I am dying to start book 2 and see what happens!!

This book is definitely about setting the story. It gives everyone’s background along with Cecily’s background and what went down and the steps leading up to it. Cecily is in a coma-like state the entire book. We get little from her in the beginning, presently, but most of her is dated 500 years back.

Presently, four best friends (Marcus, Klaus, Alex and Der
Kristin Usher
Sep 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great start to series despite flashback heavy

I've just finished reading this book ... and I'm still processing. I'm going to say 4.5 stars because I was struggling to decide between 4 or 5.

Can I say, the blurb was a little misleading. The blurb indicates interaction between Cecily and her saviours, but that didn't actually happen in this book. I'm sure that part will come in the next book.

Now I know some people hate cliffhangers. I actually don't hate cliffhangers, yes sometimes they distress m
Lottie’s
I'm addicted...

‘Our princess doesn’t believe in the old saying, “time heals all wounds.”...’

This book starts on a gold mine, of humour, even in the eyes of the predicament that Cecily is in, it’s been written so smooth, with all the feelings included.

I don’t want to ruin it for anyone, because it’s been written in a way that intertwines the story, from multiple sides, from past to present with a perfect stitch.

This is a very different way of reading a paranormal romance, especially fated/reje
Ashleigh
Aug 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Different from the usual PNR

I can honestly say that I’ve never read a book like this. As with all of my reads I didn’t read the blurb for this book, after I’ve downloaded I like to be surprised at what I’m picking up. This is a PNR reverse harem series that’s slow burn, flipping between present and 500 years previous.
Because the flips in time, you get to know the main men in this book and learn of their friendship and learn of the main female characters past. It’s so hard to describe this one,
Amanda Quarles
Aug 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
***Author*** ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Leah Steele is a brand new author I was lucky to come across in a FB group of another brand new author. Let me just say these ladies that are new to writing are killing it. I've read a ton of books in my time, and some of those seasoned authors still don't put out great books...or it takes them a few books to really get in the grove of being good at their story telling. I can confidently say Leah hit the ground running with Nefarious Betrayal. September 2nd can't get here soon
Sue Harbers
Jul 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the storyline and this book! The storyline was original and creative. The way this book was written was really interesting as well because you toggle between Cecily’s past and present (there’s about a 500 year difference between the two). So I thought that alone really kept things moving along quickly. You know from reading the blurb and from Cecily herself in the beginning of the book that her mate rejected and betrayed her but you don’t know how they got there. I still have a ...more
Nance
Jul 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Nefarious Betrayal takes us on an emotional journey!

The story is told in Cecily’s pov, 500 yrs. ago in the past and tells us what happened to her leading up to her being betrayed. The other pov is from present day when Alex, Klaus, Derrick and Marcus rescued Cecily’s from the underground bunker and are being pursued by men trying to get her back.

I really enjoyed this story! I devoured it in one day and it kept me on the edge of my seat to the very end. I can’t wait to see what happens next
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Sep 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was such a unique story and one I’ve never read before and let me tell you I’m here for it !!! The writing was amazing it flowed nicely between past and present the characters were so interesting each one of them. This author is definitely onto something here with this series and I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Lynnzie (lynnziebooks)
Jan 03, 2022 rated it really liked it
Okay I went into this blind and loved this book. The only reason it’s not five stars is the constant time jumps, the switch every chapter was jarring for me so it was hard to stay in the moment. I loved the story though, the premise is super interesting that lead me to wanting more. I read this in one sitting because I needed answers (still do). I’m super excited to continue this series.
Cat
Jan 08, 2022 rated it liked it
The story was interesting but it was just so slow. I feel like this could have been condensed down a little to the point where this entire book was the first half of a book. Having said that, I did really like the backstory sections, as well as the fact that all of the guys had distinct personalities.
Lisa Maher
Aug 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this first book by Leah Steele! So many twists and turns keep you reading and wanting more as you go through the amazing world building that she has created. Her characters are fantastic and I can't wait to see what happens next because that ending is not so very nice. ...more
peggylovesbooks
Jul 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you love cliffhangers this is one book you want to read!

There are two different time lines in this book, you get Cecily's POV from the past which explains on what happened to her.

Then you get Alex, Klaus, Marcus and Derrick's POV in the future. I really enjoyed how their POV's made you fall in love with these characters.

Wish there was more steam, but hope in the next book gets better more intense in the steam. With this being the first book in this series it was a great read and eagerly awa
Jennifer Bishop
Jul 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cecily is slated to become Queen, but she’ll need to find her fated mate first. With her mate found, Cecily is horribly betrayed and rejected. Now she is stuck in a form of suspended animation, and has been for 500 years.

Four heirs, and lifelong best friends, are drawn to a spot in the woods, not knowing what they’ll find, but knowing it is important to them all. What they find is a comatosed beauty who is being held captive. Who is she? Will she awaken? Why was she being held? Why is she so im
Sam O'Neill
Jul 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lorna
Aug 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I honestly don’t know where to start with this review. When I first started reading it I didn’t know if it was for me or not, however I soon got over that and dived straight in. I was invested in the story and from the 2nd chapter.

You meet the main female character Cecily who is is being held and tortured by scientists 500years after she was born. The story follows 4 males Klaus, Alex, Marcus and Derrick who come across Cecily and have an overwhelming urge to save and protect her.

The chapters
FS Meurinne
Aug 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2021, reviews, paranormal, pnr
This story got me hooked, I loved that the author combined the past and present in POVs. Cecil, Alex, Klaus, Marcus ad Derrick are amazing characters The story is good paced, the world building is good, I love their interactions, the story had twists and turns that had me intrigued and kept me reading. I am so wanting to find what comes next so I will love to get book 2. Excellent debut for Leah Steele.

Book Enticer
Blog |BookBub | Amazon |Audible |Instagram |Twitter |Facebook |TikTok |YouTube |Pinter
ALR
Aug 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a great beginning to this book series. It did an awesome job of setting up the the world and characters. It sucked me in and has me trying to guess how everything will play out. I love that it could go so many directions from here!

We meet the FMC first in the present but then mostly through a bunch of flashbacks from 500 years ago. The story changes POV from Cecily to the guys (Marcus, Alex, Derrick, Klaus) from the past to present. I don’t want to spoil anything, so I’ll just say that
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• To Bleed a Crystal Bloom (Crystal Bloom, #1)
  • Poisoned Paradise
  • Areyna's Secret (Undercover Hybrid, #1)
  • Flame and Starlight (The Esteria, #1)
  • Rise of Magic (The Hidden Order of Magic: Shaken #1)
  • The Don: The Oath Duet (The Valentini Family, #1)
  • Silenced (Santa Catalina University, #1)
  • Courting Darkness (Fae Revealed, #1)
  • Merged With Him (Merge, #1)
  • Fused With Him (Merge, #2)
  • Kings of Chaos (Dirty Broken Savages, #1)
  • Serpents
  • Scarlet Disaster (Little Red, #1; Cheeky Fairy Tales, #3)
  • Stepbrothers' Darling
  • Queen of Crazy (All My Pretty Psychos, #1)
  • Saints of the Syndicate (The Syndicate, #1)
  • Perfectly Wrong
  • Bloody Nights (La Vega Vampire Showstoppers, #2)
Leah Steele grew up with sunshine and beaches, but now lives in the Midwest. She’s an awkward introvert who’s better left alone until she’s had her morning cup of coffee. If you can’t find her behind her laptop or a kindle, there’s a good chance she’s on a hiking trail taking scenic photos, or traveling around America.

Precarious Shifters (3 books)
  • Erased Certainty (Precarious Shifters #2)
  • Destiny Found (Precarious Shifters, #3)