Start by marking “The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)

The Morning Side of Dawn

(Holt #3)

DESTINY CAN BE DANGEROUS

A brief, fated moment at a wedding, and Cassie Cameron was hooked. She'd been unable to forget Dar Cordell, though months had passed. Who could explain it? She was surrounded by handsome, glamorous men every day, and yet somehow Dar had touched her soul...in a once-in-a-lifetime way.

MEANWHILE, SOMEONE WAS WATCHING

Someone else had his eye on Cassie,
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments #674, 256 pages
Published November 1995 by Silhouette Intimate Moments

To ask other readers questions about The Morning Side of Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Morning Side of Dawn

Buggy
Just reread this gem, the cover might be getting worse with age but I enjoyed the story just as much and stand by my previous review.

Opening line: "She was the most beautful thing he'd ever seen."

I have no idea where I picked this book up but what a fabulous find especially if you’re anything like me and have a soft spot for the wounded heroes. Written in 96 and the last in a trilogy (which I’m now actively searching for) TMSOD contains one of the most seriously shut-off and tortured heroes I’ve
Ridley
So, I think I've learned my lesson: any disability-themed romance novel readers gush over as "heartwarming" or a "tear-jerker" invariably plays up a number of insulting stereotypes of disabled people that insult me as they generate cheap angst. This book is no exception.

The book opens with supermodel Cassandra Cameron walking out of her agent's office after declaring she's taking an impromptu sabbatical. Worn out from reconciling her public image with her private life, she takes off to housesit
Saly
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Saly by: Buggy
I'd lie awake in the dark, right before dawn, and wonder if I'd ever be glad to see morning again. If I'd ever really come out on the other side.

This is such a beautiful book and this quote kind of sums it up. We met Dar in the previous book, he's an accomplished athlete but intensely private and unlike Sean he lost both his legs while saving two kids but that was not all he lost, he lost a fiancee and a father whose approval he had worked for his entire life and his big contract. While he lay i
Bark (2 Dumb 2 Read Blurbs)
Oct 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
If you're one of the few who hasn't read and re-read this story or, horror of all horrors, are allowing it to collect dust on your To Be Read shelf (like I was) I urge you to read it. ASAP. Yep, it's that good.

It's about learning to see past the surface and finding the true beauty within a person, getting past assumptions and misconceptions and learning to love. The hero is disabled (and that's all I'm going to give away!) and, after being rejected by the people who meant the most to him, has sp
KarenH
Whew! Is it possible that someone might have read this book without shedding a tear? Not bloody likely.
Rose Canteiro
Hot! Charming, attractive, sweet, sexy as hell.

Cassie has a sunny personality that breakes down and into Cordell rude fences. She is one of my favorite heroines.

He is sheltering her from a stalker, against his own will, at the request of his only friend, but the moment she pulls up in front of his isolated house, he makes it clear that she's not welcome. Then begins the fight and seduction dance of them two. There's not a single page that is uninteresting or out of time, their approaches are del
UltraMeital
DNF 25%

Maybe it's just not my day? This is the second book I'm putting down today.. and I can't say there is anything around here that annoys me or anything.. It's a rather relaxed Saturday, nothing special to do, it's cold outside so sitting at home with a book was everything I could wish for.

I don't have any real problem with the book actually. I have nothing against either Cassie or Dar - the main heroes. I just don't feel any "pull" toward them. Cassie is a super model who wants a break esp
Charlie
Maybe its my English sensibilities but I can't get my head around the name Dar - I keep wanting to finish his name for him and call him Darren.
It was a nice story but as I read this one as a stand alone book I'm left with the feeling I still don't really know what the hell actually happened to our H. Sure we have the bare bones (view spoiler) but WTH was he doing did i skip over this part?
Also I'm not feeling my ovaries e
Brandi
This is a romance novel that I can read over and over again, and have done so many times. So many times, in fact, that I had to buy a new copy because my first copy fell apart. The characters are a little TOO perfect and the situation they face is a little too convenient for placing them in the right place together at the right time, but this third in a trilogy by Justine Davis that also includes "Stevie's Chase" and "Left at the Altar" (both of which I also own) is enjoyable nonetheless.

Withou
Marge
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm very happy these have come out in ebook format, so that I could revisit a few of my favorite books from long past. Again, this book is much better than most of the Harlequin genre. POV from both the man and the woman (like Nora Roberts), excellent discussions as they work their way through Dar's walls of hurt over previous rejections due to his disability. Great hurt/comfort (in both directions), and some smoking hot sex scenes. An excellent wrap up of a great series.
Zenei
This is my favorite "Modern Romance". For some reason, maybe because the hero is imperfect and yet perfect, I am partial to this story. Maybe because I know what it's like to be judged all the time. Or maybe I just understood wanting to be away from everybody. Whatever the reason, this book touches me, and I read it often. I will read it again soon, even though I am soooo backed up (about 20 books), but I also make room for a few, and Morning Side of Dawn is one of the few.
Ruth Madison (Dev Love Press)
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this one.

The characters were interesting and their struggles to come together felt plausible. I loved that Dar is not a two-dimensional stereotype. He's running his business, designing wheelchairs for hiking and other sports.

Cassie, as a well-known model, understands him in a way he doesn't expect. They both know about being judged on appearances.
Selina
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. I love Romance novels that are series so that you can see what the characters from previous books are doing. I really liked Dar's story. I wanted to slap him a few times because he was so stubborn, but I liked the relationship build up between him and Cassie. Overall, a fun and easy read!
Usagi Tsukino
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f
I loved this book. It has great well-developed characters, good story, and you'll never get bored with it. I liked both Dar and Cassie, although at first I thought I wouldn't like her 'cause her being a super-model, but instead she turned out a likable character.
A great book, that deserve to be read again and again.
Trewen
Mar 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp
This story is beautiful, insightful and intimate.
It's about assumptions and seeing past what a person looks like and finding
who they truly are.
The relationship is unhurried and reveals Cassie's patience as she breaks down Dar's walls that were built by
his fear of rejection.
Really good!
Klarice
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!! Wow! This book is incredible.
SheLove2Read
clearing out my huge tbr shelves. my tastes have changed
Valerie
Ars22
Oct 18, 2011
Jaasy
Mar 17, 2019
  • Redemption (Devereaux, #6)
  • A Life Worth Living
  • When You Call My Name (Hatfield, #2)
  • Letters to Kelly
  • The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5)
  • Anne's Perfect Husband (Sinclair Bride, #2)
  • Tallchief
  • Whole
  • Seductive as Flame (Bruton Street Bookstore, #4)
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • The Key
  • Tapestry
  • Summer of Two Wishes (Cedar Springs #1)
  • The Write Man for Her
  • Katie's Hero
  • His Captive Lady (Devil Riders, #2)
  • Harvard Hottie
  • One Stubborn Cowboy
Author biographies are supposed to give you all those statistics, books written, awards won, etc. and I will, I promise...but first let me tell you about this ornery little tomboy (back then, the boys had all the fun...) who was always the one to make up the stories the neighborhood kids would "play". For those who came of age in the computer game era, this is something that was done usually in th ...more

Holt (3 books)
  • Stevie's Chase (Holt series, #1)
  • Left At The Altar (Holt #2)
“Sometimes...I’d lie awake in the dark, right before dawn, and wonder if I’d ever be glad to see morning again. If I’d ever really come out on the other side.” 9 likes
“Dar’s been through enough in his life, and his legs are only a small part of it. Don’t play with him, Cassie. If you’re not serious, leave him the hell alone.”

“And if I am serious?”

Sean smiled ruefully. “Then you’re in for the fight of your life.”
1 likes