Start by marking “Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)

Broken Trust

(Pacific Prep #1)

My name is Hadley Parker, and today is the first day of the rest of my life.
Today I start school at Pacific Prep. This is my new lease on life, and I won’t be wasting it.
I need this, now, more than ever. I need the education, the promise of a future that I wouldn’t get anywhere else.
These rich kids don’t like me though.
When Hawk Davenport decides he doesn’t want me her
Published July 7th 2021 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Broken Trust, please sign up.
R.A. Smyth Not a virgin. There's OW but no cheating, and the OW aren't because the guys want them. No MM. …moreNot a virgin. There's OW but no cheating, and the OW aren't because the guys want them. No MM. (less)
R.A. Smyth 4 books. Second one releases 23rd August, third 11th October and fourth in December

Start your review of Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Okay! Well, that was different! I heard it was, but halfway through, I thought that was bullshit lol and this was going to be a basic bully romance. I'm happy I was wrong! The author threw in some surprises, and I can't wait to see how many more she throws our way in the books to come!
M
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc
Wow, this book was SO good! R.A. Smyth came out swinging and held nothing back. She wrote a thrilling and twisty first book in the new Pacific Prep series.
I was instantly hooked and couldn't stop reading. There were tons going in the book - both with the characters and storyline. My head was spinning and I was so shocked my mouth fell open at times. Book whiplash at it's finest!! I will stay on this ride for as long as takes. Sign me up!

Hadley didn't have the best life while growing up, but she
♥️Dev♥️ ~ Dark & Depraved Old Soul
Depraved Souls be prepared for a hot and steamy dark romance review♥️🔥👌🏼
T D.
Oct 16, 2021 rated it did not like it
WHY THE FUCK DOES THE MAIN CHARACTER HAVE TO BE SUCH A HYPOCRITE? She keeps criticizing others for being smitten with the 4 guys and the women for being attracted to them when she's the same way. Literally, in the few pages I've been there, I've read like 6 times that Hadley gets wet just by looking at them (seriously, the author is writing me that a woman gets wet just by looking at good looking men.) And are you seriously telling me that ALL women are okay with being used for a month and that ...more
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
10 "Prince Pricks" Stars⭐
A High-school Bully (Dark) Reverse-Harem romance that is my day's spotlight & fully consumed me!! It's not only Bully, but a few other genres thrown in for fun😉.
A Heart-pounding, Sexy & emotional story with Tragic Past(s), Suspense, Darkness, Engaging story line, Kicking ass, Defiance (& Bully😅), Surprising Twists & Turns, New relations, Truths, So much still to uncover...All leading to a Wtf?! Cliffhanger, Like omg!! I can't wait for the next one!!

This story was my 1st
Ane Vass
Sep 03, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star

i'm not sure what this was
✧ FLINN ✧ (semi-hiatus)
Wow! I’m very impressed! The writing is so good, the characters are very well written, the pacing and plot is nice! Can’t wait to read more of this series and author!

First “bully” romance and RH that I’ve enjoyed, but it’s so well done! I’m pleasantly surprised!
Amber Nicole Nicole
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow this was hands down a lock your kids somewhere so you can read in peace, order a pizza because you ain't cooking, can't put this book down read.

Hooked from the beginning, I found myself flipping so fast through the pages because I just needed to know what was coming next.

I laughed, I even got a little teary eyed.

I need book two asap please!!!!

Congratulations on a phenomenal read!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Darcey
Entertaining and very addictive. Exactly what I needed :)
CeCe
Neelakshi
2.5⭐

How can I not like it and like it a little at the same time
Cheria
4.5 ⭐ rounding up because I really liked the FMC and the twists. I'm looking forward to what's next in this series

Not your typical high school bully romance - so many twists and a fierce FMC you’ll be cheering on!

WOW! This book totally blew me away. A FMC who I was totally cheering for and girl-crushing on. Characters written richly layered. A story with so many twists and turns, just buckle-in for the unexpected. Broken Trust is first book in new Pacific Prep series - contemporary high school R
Trac
Sep 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
Pretty decently written, but how many times do I need to hear about her “pu**y clenching” everytime one of them just walks by? That is so dumb, and overused. Being turned on requires some thing more than some hot guy passing you by. It was literally almost her entire chapters about how turned on she kept getting from the mere site of them. Pathetic much ? Yah… this is a no for me
Krystal- Celestialbookdragon
Jun 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Ok so I was a little nervous going in to read this cause the first book of a new series can be a hit or a miss so my initial plan was to read three chapters for the night, make dinner, then go to bed. Um ... that did not happen as I ended up forgoing both dinner and sleep and stayed awake until I finished because I couldn't find the self discipline to put this book down! I was completely blown away! Hadley, our FMC, is the kind of lady who not only takes what is thrown at her and stands up for h ...more
Patti
Nov 15, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
12% in and I'm really not feeling this book. I find there to be a ton of unneeded info. Hadley's character irks me.
Giving up at 20% I enjoyed West's chapter. But I can't stand Hadley's inner dialogues or her character for that matter.
I know it's a "high school" bully read but it's too high schoolish for me.
Myfanwy
In the beginning, I was having a fun time. Broken Trust reminds me a bit of Lords of Wrath and Lords of Pain, the books that threw me down this bizarre rabbit hole to begin with. Definitely more toned down and lacking the sick brilliance that made those books so much fun, but as this is set in a high school that’s not actually a bad thing.
(Sidebar, maybe it’s just the algorithm recommending books to me, but so many of these reverse harem stories seem to be about teenagers. Adults, I ask you,
Nagma (Take A Look At My Bookshelf)
This book was phenomenal. I loved it! Seriously, no more words necessary because I don’t really have additional words to describe how I felt after reading this book. It was too good!

Broken Trust by R.A. Smyth is a high school dark reverse harem bully romance. There are so many layers to this book and there’s so much mystery that revolves around these characters. Hadley Parker is starting her senior year at the prestigious high school, Pacific Prep. Fresh out of foster care and officially eightee
Laura Jackson
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down!! I started it thinking I will probably only read a chapter or two and well I stayed up all night and finished it.. so good! It’s like you think it’s going one way and next thing you know it completely shocks you at every turn .. nothing is what it seems and it’s too much and not enough.. that ending is devilish and I need so much more..
It’s well written and the story just flows you right through the pages.. it’s full of sexy times and you can’t get enough of thes
Melissa
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nothing and no one is as it seems in this smart and unique high school bully romance by the very talented R.A. Smyth.

I find that high school bully romance, especially when it’s RH, can be very formulaic and somewhat predictive. While Broken Trust still followed the formula of new girl comes to elite academy filled with pricks and mean girls, I was pleased that it felt fresh and unique, with some unpredictable twists and turns.

For me, if I’m reading a bully romance I need a strong FMC. Hadley wa
Rachel (Galaxy Girl Reads)
Feb 24, 2022 rated it really liked it
3.5⭐️

With a prologue like the one in Broken Trust, I expected a lot more.... I don't know, content? Plot? It felt like it dragged, waiting for any single thing to be revealed.

There was a lot of focus on the interactions of the Princes and Hadley, which I understood because you're building a harem, but geez, it bounced a lot.

I couldn't tell if it was trying to be a fast or slow burn, which is a really weird problem to have.

I also have begun to notice that I have zero patience for the "kings of
Jessica Arias
Jan 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Ok im officially obsessed! I devoured this book in 1 day it was so good!

5/5 ⭐️
3/5 🌶
Series book 1 of 4
Reverse harem, Bully, HS (senior year)
FMC: Hadley
MMC: No spoilers you need to read it 😏
Multiple POV

I don't think I have been this excited over an RH in awhile.

In the back of my mind throughout this book I was constantly thinking about the prologue. and when will we find out what is truly going on?!?!?

Our FMC is a scholarship student attending her senior year at the very wealthy and "prince" run
BLuvsBooks
Feb 06, 2022 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a light bully found family RH with some unexpected twists then this is for you.

I’m enjoying how the author is pacing this with slowly Revealing the characters depth and plot points. And I didn’t see a unique twist coming. I did find the introduction of one character jarring however now am intrigued. This is a more “realistic” bullymance because of those type of pranks/ humiliation scenes.

Interested to see where the next book takes the story.

New Adult. Multi pov. I would
Sara
Shelves: 2021
Woah... I haven't had a book consume me, have me laughing, shocked, annoyed, and wtf moments all around like this one has in a while! Hadley and the "Princes" of Pacific Prep completely consumed me with this book. If you were/are a fan of the Kings of Quarantine books - you need to read this, trust me you'll be as obsessed as I am. As soon as I started reading this I felt those same addictive vibes, but with an elitest twist where mysteries & secrets are literally around every corner. Every time ...more
Shawna Jimenez more.books.forever
This story is pure and evil freaking genius like seriously I had no words to express the level of epicness (yes I made that word up don’t come for me) this story is!!!! I had to have time to let all the crazy soak in and I’m still left feeling like WTF. I have no clue where we are going but I am here for the entire roller coaster ride. The secrets are literally non-stop and I feel like we havent even scratches the surface yet…the angst the tension the sexual heat is straight fire… them sex scene ...more
Mal
Apr 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t know what to expect when I started this. It was the same ol’ until 3/4 of the way through and then it was twist after twist after fucking twist. Ahhhh I can’t read the second one quickly enough! Way to keep a girl on her toes. 🔥🔥
Kelsey Coussou Buckman
Jul 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying, you’re going to be chomping at the bit to start the next book after reading this one. The cliffhanger on this one!

I’m new to R.A. Smyth. Instant stalker now.

Hooked from the beginning. So anxious to see not only where the next book goes, but the rest of the series! Once I get my hands on the next book, I’m making sure my kids are asleep early & I have snacks and coffee on hand. I don’t plan on putting it down until I get to the last page.
Robin Powers
Nov 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story is dark, intense, mysterious and steamy. All the things I love in a book. And so many potential candidates for a harem! I love how badass Hadley is. The girl has a sad, mysterious back story that we really don’t know much about. I’ve been guessing at all kinds of sadistic treatment but she’s still resilient, stubborn and independent. Ready to take control of her destiny and destroy anyone who tries to get in her way. The guys...they’re kinda assholes. Cocky assholes who rule the prep ...more
Cee
OMG the twist fucking drop out of NOWHERE as if it isn't even IMPORTANT like DAMN. Why did I put off this series so long???? ...more
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Jul 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! This was my first read by this author and holy shit what a amazing start to this addicting epic story! I literally couldn’t put it down! Amazingly brilliantly written I need the next book now ! All’s I’m going to say is if your a fan of reverse harem bully romances with complex characters a intriguing storyline sexual tension and steam galore that has you on the edge of your seat than this is the series for you !

Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Angst ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Steam ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Chemis
Michelle Ray
Apr 20, 2022 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it, me-time
This was definitely an introduction, leaving a lot of question unanswered. I can’t wait until the next book to start getting those answers.
Goodreads Librari...: Update book cover please 11 18 Jun 18, 2021 03:32PM

• B Positive (Blood Song Duet, #1)
  • The Destruction You Desire (Maddison Kings University, #5)
  • The Vengeance You Crave (Maddison Kings University, #4)
  • To Bleed a Crystal Bloom (Crystal Bloom, #1)
  • Wandering Star (Cricket Kendall, #3)
  • Untamed (Rejected Mate Academy, #1)
  • Ruined Things (Folkestone Sins, #4)
  • Fragile Pieces (Fragile Hearts, #4)
  • Shattered Dreams
  • Kiss To Defy (Blairwood University, #3)
  • Love in Sight
  • Crooked Crows (Boys of Briar Hall, #1)
  • Fractured (The Fragile Minds Duet, #1)
  • Dark Legacy (Kingdom of Blood #2)
  • Flame and Starlight (The Esteria, #1)
  • Room for Three (Bad Influence #3)
  • Altered (The Fragile Minds Duet, #2)
  • Ruining Her (McKinley Ranch Duet, #1)
See top shelves…
My name is Rachel. I live in the UK with my husband and two golden retrievers, and I am an author of dark, contemporary reverse harem romance.

If you love a story with a well thought out plot and good character development that will give you all the feels, then why not give one of my series a go?

Crescentwood - high school, stalker, bully, enemies to lovers
- Three Divisions: https://books2read.com/

Pacific Prep (4 books)
  • Brutal Lies (Pacific Prep, #2)
  • Beyond Vengeance (Pacific Prep, #3)
  • Break Free (Pacific Prep, #4)

News & Interviews

Here at Goodreads World Headquarters, we tend to read a lot of books. Like, a lot a lot. And every December, as we finish up our...
“Why the fuck can people not respect personal boundaries. The quad is fucking huge, you don’t need to be shoving against me.” 1 likes
“God damn, I knew her shampoo had scrambled my brain!” 0 likes