Start by marking “Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)

Broken Trust

(Pacific Prep #1)

My name is Hadley Parker, and today is the first day of the rest of my life.
Today I start school at Pacific Prep. This is my new lease on life, and I won’t be wasting it.
I need this, now, more than ever. I need the education, the promise of a future that I wouldn’t get anywhere else.
These rich kids don’t like me though.
When Hawk Davenport decides he doesn’t want me her
Kindle Edition
Published July 7th 2021 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Broken Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Trust

Start your review of Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)
M
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc
Wow, this book was SO good! R.A. Smyth came out swinging and held nothing back. She wrote a thrilling and twisty first book in the new Pacific Prep series.
I was instantly hooked and couldn't stop reading. There were tons going in the book - both with the characters and storyline. My head was spinning and I was so shocked my mouth fell open at times. Book whiplash at it's finest!! I will stay on this ride for as long as takes. Sign me up!

Hadley didn't have the best life while growing up, but she
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
10 "Prince Pricks"⭐
A High-school Bully (Dark) Reverse-Harem romance that is my day's spotlight & fully consumed me!! It's not only Bully, but a few other genres thrown in for fun😉.
A Heart-pounding, Sexy & emotional story with Tragic Past(s), Suspense, Darkness, Engaging story line, Kicking ass, Defiance (& Bully😅), Surprising Twists & Turns, New relations, Truths, So much still to uncover...All leading to a Wtf?! Cliffhanger, Like omg!! I can't wait for the next one!!

Hadley is my fav, I LOVE her
Amber Nicole Nicole
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow this was hands down a lock your kids somewhere so you can read in peace, order a pizza because you ain't cooking, can't put this book down read.

Hooked from the beginning, I found myself flipping so fast through the pages because I just needed to know what was coming next.

I laughed, I even got a little teary eyed.

I need book two asap please!!!!

Congratulations on a phenomenal read!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Laura Jackson
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down!! I started it thinking I will probably only read a chapter or two and well I stayed up all night and finished it.. so good! It’s like you think it’s going one way and next thing you know it completely shocks you at every turn .. nothing is what it seems and it’s too much and not enough.. that ending is devilish and I need so much more..
It’s well written and the story just flows you right through the pages.. it’s full of sexy times and you can’t get enough of thes
Cheria
4.5 ⭐ rounding up because I really liked the FMC and the twists. I'm looking forward to what's next in this series

*WIP Review*

Contemporary high school RH with enemies-to-lovers and bully, dark pasts, secrets and twists, told in Multi-POV.
Nagma (Take A Look At My Bookshelf)
This book was phenomenal. I loved it! Seriously, no more words necessary because I don’t really have additional words to describe how I felt after reading this book. It was too good!

Broken Trust by R.A. Smyth is a high school dark reverse harem bully romance. There are so many layers to this book and there’s so much mystery that revolves around these characters. Hadley Parker is starting her senior year at the prestigious high school, Pacific Prep. Fresh out of foster care and officially eightee
Shawna Jimenez more.books.forever
This story is pure and evil freaking genius like seriously I had no words to express the level of epicness (yes I made that word up don’t come for me) this story is!!!! I had to have time to let all the crazy soak in and I’m still left feeling like WTF. I have no clue where we are going but I am here for the entire roller coaster ride. The secrets are literally non-stop and I feel like we havent even scratches the surface yet…the angst the tension the sexual heat is straight fire… them sex scene ...more
Melissa
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nothing and no one is as it seems in this smart and unique high school bully romance by the very talented R.A. Smyth.

I find that high school bully romance, especially when it’s RH, can be very formulaic and somewhat predictive. While Broken Trust still followed the formula of new girl comes to elite academy filled with pricks and mean girls, I was pleased that it felt fresh and unique, with some unpredictable twists and turns.

For me, if I’m reading a bully romance I need a strong FMC. Hadley wa
Sara
Shelves: arc-books
Woah... I haven't had a book consume me, have me laughing, shocked, annoyed, and wtf moments all around like this one has in a while! Hadley and the "Princes" of Pacific Prep completely consumed me with this book. If you were/are a fan of the Kings of Quarantine books - you need to read this, trust me you'll be as obsessed as I am. As soon as I started reading this I felt those same addictive vibes, but with an elitest twist where mysteries & secrets are literally around every corner. Every time ...more
Kelsey Coussou Buckman
Jul 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying, you’re going to be chomping at the bit to start the next book after reading this one. The cliffhanger on this one!

I’m new to R.A. Smyth. Instant stalker now.

Hooked from the beginning. So anxious to see not only where the next book goes, but the rest of the series! Once I get my hands on the next book, I’m making sure my kids are asleep early & I have snacks and coffee on hand. I don’t plan on putting it down until I get to the last page.
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Jul 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! This was my first read by this author and holy shit what a amazing start to this addicting epic story! I literally couldn’t put it down! Amazingly brilliantly written I need the next book now ! All’s I’m going to say is if your a fan of reverse harem bully romances with complex characters a intriguing storyline sexual tension and steam galore that has you on the edge of your seat than this is the series for you !

Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Angst ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Steam ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Chemis
Tanvi Sood
Jun 23, 2021 marked it as to-read
Extremely excited. Going on a one week trip to Mexico and sadly have been forbidden to bring my Kindle by my boyfriend because he knows I will have my nose stuck in a book at all times, so this is #1 on my TBR as soon as I come back.
Lozz
Jul 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
✨✨ Claire✨✨
Heather
Jul 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
R.A. hit this out of the park! I was blown away by not only the storyline but the characters themselves. I’m not sure the last time I was hooked on the first book of a new series like this. I got frustrated whenever I had to put it down.

The book starts with Hadley starting her senior year of high school at Pacific Prep. Coming from foster care with no experience with a luxury lifestyle she is shocked at how the rich live and act. She immediately shows that even though she isn’t from their world
What Makes Patri
Jul 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Broken Trust is the perfect novel as a first book in the Pacific Prep series.
The story on itself starts unravelling slowly and I loved that whenever you thought you knew where the story was going the author would just unveil something and drop a bomb that you definitely see it coming. I love stories with layers and mind-blowing revelations and R.A. Smyth is definitely getting better and better at writing those.
The story starts with Hadley Parker, a foster kid, starting at Pacific Prep, a super r
Little Blue Butterfly
Jul 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy for an honest and voluntary review

WOW!! This is ONE OF THE BEST books I’ve ever read!! Talk about a phenomenal start to a fantastic series 💙 I was so glued to this book!! The characters are absolutely amazing!! The chemistry is OFF THE CHARTS 😍 I NEED Book 2 in my life IMMEDIATELY!!!!
The FMC is Hadley, and boy, I don’t have enough wonderful words to describe her ♥️ She is incredible!! One of THE BEST FMCs I’ve ever read about!! Hadley grew up in foster care, n
Jade Adams
Jul 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down and finished it with in the day! The twists? Yeah I was not expecting them. Im not sure whether to love or hate Rachel for what she has done to my confused mess of a brain right now.

Hadley is a mystery wrapped up in a puzzle. I have no idea the full extent of what happened to her all we know is she didn't have the best life growing up but she doesn't let that bring her down. Instead of shutting down and becoming a timid little thing she has grown in to one badass c
April
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good!!!! A serious page turner!!! It sucked me in and kept me glued to my kindle.

Hadley is a girl that has had a rough childhood. Being a foster kid she has bounced around a lot. Now that she’s 18 she is technically no longer a ward of the state so she’s going to spend her senior year at Pacific Prep. Pacific Prep is a super pretentious school for the richest of the rich. Hadley will be one of the “scholarship kids” which already puts a target on her back. She’s determined to ma
Zainab M.
Jul 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
【4th July】

⊷ 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐲 @rasmythauthor ⊷

"𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙨, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪’𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚, 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙧."

Few weeks back when Rachel (R.A. Smyth) stumbled in my inbox, it was a move of fate. I didn't account for our friendship to turn into something professional, even though she won one of my contests! Broken Trust came to me as a last-minute book. But how I am glad to squeeze it in. This book is literally a mayhem of flawless writing, witt
Ashleigh
Jul 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourites this year

Speechless. Totally mind blown. I wasn’t aware quite how much I was going to love these books and they are already looking to make my favourites of 2021! Book one has me begging for more. The writing is amazing and the storyline has me hooked.
Hadley shows all of my favourite leading lady traits, she’s fierce and even though she doesn’t have the best history she is still a badass. The guys, well, I’m desperate to get more of a background on these guys’ friendships,
Kelly Gregory
Jul 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
WOW....What a story!! R.A. Smyth has done it again!! Written so well, it just consumed me completely and even now i cant stop thinking about this book! How R.A comes up with these characters and stories just amazes me........hands down these are some of the best I've ever read!
Four alpha hot heads, all so different to each other BUT all so sexy and all responding differently to the dangerously beautiful Hadley, who lets just say can hold her own, she's feisty, funny and such an interesting chara
Yami's Bookshelf
Are you ready for this??
This is my first RA Smyth book and she has captured me from page 1. Oh wow what an epic story this is.

Hadley Parker is a new, scholarship student starting over at Pacific Prep. She is clearly not welcomed by the Princes, who immediately take a clear dislike to her: Hawk, Westley Warren, Cam Rutherford, and Mason Hayes. Especially Hawk. He has a clear disdain towards her from the moment he lays his eyes on her.

Hadley is a real fighter, not a follower, like the girls of t
Rebecca Diaz
Jul 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
RA Smyth knocked this book out of the park! I was hooked from the very beginning and didn’t want to put this book down. It had me hooked from cover to cover.

Hadley is a strong, take no prisoners FMC. She refuses to bow down to anyone, and that includes the Princes of Pacific Prep.

Cam, Mason, West and Hawk are the Princes of Pacific Prep. Cam is the flirty one who enjoys all the perks being a Prince comes with, West is the nerdy one(don’t let the word nerd confuse you) he’s sexy and very smart,
Samatha Hickman
Jul 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Broken Trust, hooked me from the prologue to the epilogue. I absolutely devoured this book. An extremely powerful, dark, bully romance, that sucks you in and doesn’t let go. So many twist and turns, lots of secrets and very unique characters.

Hadley, is such a strong and powerful FMC. She has hold her head up, against the whispers, the stares, and even after everything the Princes put her through she has a strength inside her. I can’t wait to understand her reasoning for the notebook. She snarky
Zoe_isreading
Jun 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Can I give this more than five stars, please?!

R.A Smyth completely killed it with this book, I was instantly hooked and drawn in to Pacific Prep life! I have so many questions from this book, like so many. Honestly, you'll be left wanting to throw your kindle because you'll want the second book that badly.

Hadley was such a unique character, I love that we don't know that much about her. She's such an enigma, but I loved that she can definitely handle herself in a fight and that she never backs
Felicia
Jul 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Broken Trust by R.A. Smyth is a dark reverse harem academy bully romance. This is the first book in the Pacific Prep series.

The book comes with a warning/caution "The book also has trigger warnings for bullying, violent and/or graphic scenes, dubcon, vulgar language and graphic scenes and references to self harm and past trauma, so please do not read if you are easily offended or have the mentioned triggers"

This is the first book of Rachel's that I have read and it definitely won't be my last.
Jess McDaniel
Jun 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: academy, high-school, 2021, rh
I don't know where to start! Broken Trust is the first book in a new series, Pacific Prep, and omg I am truly blown away. Academy, scholarship, bully books are at the top of my trope list and so I KNEW I was going to be completely sucked into this book. I have ignored all adult responsibilities today and completely devoured this book.

Hadley is a scholarship student attending Pacific Prep and of course draws the eyes of The Princes, but not all in a good way. The Princes, Hawk, Cam, Mason, and We
BookmarkedbyKat
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harems
This is a high school (seniors) reverse harem. Bullying, abuse, & a bit of smut 😉

This book was so hard to put down! There are so many unanswered questions & twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat the entire book. & that cliffhanger? Brutal.

Hadley has a background that is not black and white but a mystery none the less. She quickly attracts the attention of the Princes of the school and she definitely doesn’t want it. While everyone bows down to them, Hadley defies them at every
R.E. Bond
Jul 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
YAAAS!!!! Loved the characters from the beginning and the twists? Never saw them coming. Im obsessed with mason. Give him to me. Hadley is strong but she has obvious trauma, and seeing her take charge and digging her heels in is so good. I cant wait to see what she and the guys do now. Such a good start to the series, im going to die waiting for book 2!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Update book cover please 11 16 Jun 18, 2021 03:32PM
Hi

My name is Rachel. I live with my husband and amazing golden retriever Sandy in the UK.

I am a long time avid reader and a first time author. I’m currently working on a dark high school bully reverse harem series, Crescentwood.

The first book in the series, Three Divisions was released in December and the second book, Two Forces will be released on 19th February.

Links:
Three Divisions: https://boo

Pacific Prep (2 books)
  • Brutal Lies (Pacific Prep, #2)

News & Interviews

Summer is perfect for plenty of things: mojitos, sleeping with the window fan on, and sprawling out with a hot romance novel (in a heavily...