Start by marking “Hold Onto the Stars (Blue Collar Romance, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hold Onto the Stars (Blue Collar Romance, #5)

Hold Onto the Stars

(Blue Collar Romance #5)

Hold Onto the Stars, part of the Blue Collar Romance multi-author series releases on 10/1/21. Get ready to meet CJ Everhart, the kickass electrician, in a must read blind date romance. Cover and full blurb coming soon!

To ask other readers questions about Hold Onto the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold Onto the Stars

Start your review of Hold Onto the Stars (Blue Collar Romance, #5)
Moondance
"Seriously?"

The fifth book in the Blue Collar romance series brings a bit of a twist. The blue collar worker this time is a woman. I love that Crosby Jean, aka CJ, is a skilled electrician and can hold her own in a man's world. Peyton is a third grade teacher. What a lovely turn of events.

This book has a bit more angst to it as CJ feels she is poaching on her best friend's date. Peyton only has eyes for CJ even though he doesn't know who she is initially. The chemistry between them is smoking.

CJ
lowkeyreader
Sep 29, 2021 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this read but I can't help but feel annoyed with CJ. Peyton was this amazing guy but she's always running away and whining about things. That's why I couldn't connect with her. This just wasn't for me. ...more
JESSI ☾
Sep 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021, arcs
*ARC received from author in exchange for my honest review. *

There were so many things to love about Hold Onto the Stars!! CJ & Peyton had the delicious push and pull filled with angst that I adore so much but more than that their HEA was not centered around having kids. Far too many stories HEA ends with them having babies which let’s be honest we all think of as the norm. For some though that it is not always possible, or it is not in their life plans and that was so refreshing.

CJ being t
Brenda Moser
Sep 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet romance between CJ and Peyton. They have a hot chemistry but have some obstacles to work through. He's looking for long term marriage and children ... she's not interested in being a mother. The author brings drama,anxiety and tons of emotion and delivers a well written , entertaining story.

Isha Coleman
Sep 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads

Fall in love with a match that breaks all the rules. Broemmer gives love an unconventional twist with delightful results. From a take charge heroine to an irresistible hero Hold onto the Stars digs deep and finds heart. Prepare to be charmed.
Erin Lewis
Sep 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Hold Onto The Stars (Blue Collar Romance #5) by Tracy Broemmer

Tracy Broemmer is a new author to me and one of the things I have loved about this series is the new authors that I have discovered. This is CJ Everhart and Peyton’s. I loved that Peyton is a teacher to grade 3 students as it is normally the woman that is the teacher.
It was great to be back in Oak Bend. From the moment Peyton saw CJ he was attracted to her however they want different things out of life and she walks awa
Jamie
Sep 27, 2021 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book for the most part, but CJ was super annoying. I completely understood her reasons for being a little apprehensive to get involved with someone. But here's the thing, Peyton and CJ clearly had an attraction to each other and her constantly pushing him towards Violet was just too much. Or the fact that she was the one constantly running...it got old.

Peyton I loved. He was that guy that everyone loves. He was very understanding with CJ and he fought for what he wanted.

I receiv
Kate Carley
Oct 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of Tracy Broemmer’s books and as a fellow writer in the Blue-Collar Romance Series, I was super excited to receive an ARC of her latest book, Hold Onto The Stars.
I loved seeing the small town of Oak Bend, Michigan come alive through Peyton’s & CJ’s eyes.
Peyton Quinn is new to town, and as a third-grade teacher, he doesn’t have many opportunities to meet other single adults. So his friend sets him up on a blind date with Violet.
CJ Everhart has lived in Oak Bend her entire life and
Connie
Oct 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was a wonderful addition to the Blue Collar series. This small town series is written by different authors and each can be read as stand-alones. This story has a brief glimpse of prior characters but that is all. It is written in my favorite dual POV format. Getting that look into the characters' thoughts really helps me to connect and understand them so much better.

Peyton is a third grade teacher in the small to
Love Books Addict
3.5 Stars!

POV: Dual (3rd Person)
Tropes: Small town, Tomboy heroine

Triggers: Fertility issues

Likes: I really liked how the subject of difference of opinion in relation to wanting the typical 2.5 children was discussed. So many romances centre around wanting babies, so this was refreshing to be the opposite.

Dislikes: After a while CJs insistence that Peyton date Violet got a bit tedious, the guy had to point blank say he wasn't interested so many times! Also I prefer 1st person POVs.

Synopsis: Hold
Susan S.
Oct 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the 5th book in the Blue Collar Romance series. I have read them all as part of an ARC and as with any group of books, I have liked some better than others. One of the things that I have enjoyed most is getting to know new (to me) authors. Tracy Broemmer is one of those authors and she wrote a wonderful addition to the series with "Hold Onto the Stars".
In this story of an electrician and an elementary school teacher, Broemmer wrote Peyton (H), as the school teacher and CJ (h), as the el
Sara
Sep 30, 2021 rated it liked it
An interesting small town romance. I enjoyed the story and adored Peyton, but I had a difficult time liking CJ.

CJ was attracted to Peyton from the moment she looked up and saw him at the local bar one evening after working. A casual meeting while sitting at the bar watching the White Sox v Tigers baseball game and a few flirty comments made an impression on both characters. They meet again when CJ’s BFF, Violet is set up on a blind date with Peyton.

CJ’s continual pushing Peyton towards Violet b
Joy  Avery
Oct 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐⭐
     Hold Onto The Stars was a unique tale all around. The author flipped the usual narrative which I enjoyed. This is a book from the Blue Collar Romance Series with each book being written by different authors and easily read as standalones.
     The blue collar worker in this book was C.J., the female lead. She works for her family's business as an electrician. Peyton, the male lead, is an elementary school teacher for the third grade. He has just moved to Oak Bend. He agrees to be set up
Kim
Oct 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite book out of the Blue Collar Romance series, so far at least. The typical gender roles were reversed, and the heroine was spunky and amusing. I want her to be my friend.

The main man was new to town and a teacher, calm and mature. I loved it.

CJ is an electrician and hates dating and relationships. Though, in a small town, her dating pool is rather small. Peyton is new to town, and not a huge fan of small town everything.

The two connect from their first meeting, but CJ is re
CLorraine Kibler
Sep 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Hold Onto the Stars: A Blind Date Romance by Tracy Broemmer is the fifth book in the Blue Collar Romance Series. The book is described as a blind date romance but in a really cute twist the blind date does not occur between our couple. School teacher, Peyton is new to Oak Bend and spends an evening at a bar watching his favorite team. Sitting near him and firmly rooting for the other team is CJ (Crosby) Everhart. The pair have a connection but fail to act or follow through that night. Peyton end ...more
Chelsy
Oct 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Blue Collar Romance Series is a collection of 8 novels featuring blue collar hard workers, cozy towns, and happy ever afters. Wonderful stories by different authors, yet similar blue collar love vibes.

In Hold Onto the Stars by Tracy Broemmer, Peyton is the big-city-transplant who is an elementary school teacher who wants a family of his own one day. CJ has had enough heartbreak of her own & is guarded and satisfied with her life as is. In the small town of Oak Bend, life keeps putting the tw
Shari Jahn
Oct 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
CJ has lived in Oak Bend her entire life. She has never been anywhere else. Living in a small town every one knows everything about you. It’s awfully hard to date when there isn’t anything new to learn about your “date”.

Peyton is the new guy in town. He wanted to get away from Chicago. He needed a change. He is the new teacher in the local elementary school. He is set up on a blind date with CJ’s best friend.

Sparks fly as CJ and Peyton see each other the first time. Unfortunately neither one i
Charlotte Lynn
Oct 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Peyton, a teacher saw CJ, an electrician, and was instantly attracted to her. Their lives were not headed in the same direction, and I liked that they could still be together. They were honest with each other, told each other what they wanted, and did not pressure each other to conform to their own wants.

I was not always sure of Peyton, his communication skills left something to be desired but, in the end, he always got his point across. I felt like he struggled to understand many of CJ’s needs
Kate
Oct 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this further part of the Blue Collar series. CJ and Peyton are a really cute couple, with great friends. Initially they meet in a bar whilst watching sports, have a brief conversation but don't engage any further, although there is an attraction on both sides. Peyton is then set up on a blind date with CJ's best friend Violet instead so technically, this isn't a blind date romance at all as the romance ensues between CJ and Peyton, not Peyton and Violet! There was reluctance on CJ's pa ...more
Rachel
Oct 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Anonymous 5
Oct 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better! This is the fifth installment of the Blue Collar romance, and each time I pick one up, I am never disappointed. Each installment is written by a different author, so even though you experience different writing styles, the stories are all fantastically written and truly enjoyable. There was a bit of a twist in this one where CJ was the blue collar worker, which was a pleasant surprise. I liked how her character knew what she wanted and wasn't wil ...more
peggylovesbooks
Oct 03, 2021 rated it liked it
This was an ok read. Peyton is new teacher for the school and he meets CJ while he is on a blind date with her best friend. There is no spark between the blind date, but sparks are everywhere with CJ. Peyton wants to go out with CJ, but she does not want to hurt her friend buy going out with Peyton. So CJ's friend is like go out with him, there is nothing between us.

So this what I do not get, CJ keeps putting it out to Peyton that he really should go out with her friend. That kept getting old a
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tracy Broemmer is a new to me author, and she did something that most authors don't even come close to, she made me love the hero while the heroine drove me nuts so respect! I will say that I loved the fact that CJ, our heroine, had a career that's usually a boys club, while Peyton is a teacher. These two met at a bar, and the sparks were flying, but the next face to face meeting was with him being set up with her best friend, Violet. And yeah, Violet was better for him on paper, but the heart w ...more
Kari
Shelves: ipad, 2021, for-review
Hold Onto the Stars is the next book in the Blue Collar Romance series that lakes places in the small town of Oak Bend. I thought this was a cute romance. It's kind of a role reversal CJ is an electrician, sports fan and wants nothing to do with having children. Peyton is an elementary school teacher, dog lover and has envisioned himself as a father someday...maybe. I did love how Peyton was all in from the start. The chemistry between these two was off the charts. I was also happy they finally ...more
Gwendolyn Leeder
Sep 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Tracey Broemmer is a new author to me, and I loved Hold on To The Stars (#5 Blue Collar Series)
I loved Peyton Quinn’s character being a grade three teacher, having a loving relationship with his dog and avid sports fan. I loved C.J. Everhart’s character as well being an electrician, working with her dad, having a love for pets and is also an avid sports fan. I really liked the role reversal in jobs way to often it’s the man hammering and the woman being the teacher.
They meet at the bar watching
Amy Reads Romance
Oct 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
When CJ and Peyton meet at a bar watching a baseball game, they are instantly attracted to one another. Their chemistry is off the charts, but between having been burned before and Peyton having a blind date with her best friend, it will take some convincing for her to go out with him. Once she does, though, sparks really fly, and they fall head over heels.
The heroine is quite angsty in this story. She lets fear overwhelm her, while the Hero is steadfast and convinces her repeatedly that she is
Sandass
Oct 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
A female electrician is a new idea for a novel. This lady is a competent one. And good looking. Like the male elementary school teacher, Peyton,, she meets at a bar is good looking. The sparks fly from their first meeting. They're good sparks, not the kind between enemies.
CJ fights the attraction for the longest time because of long held beliefs she has about why 'they' can't possibly work. They go about their daily lives without interference or encouragement from friends and family. They love
Jennifer Hanson
Oct 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE Tracy Broemmer's writing style, it's always so realistic and smooth and makes you want to fall in love all over again. This story is no exception and I loved Peyton and Violet and Leslie make great secondary characters, which Violet needs her own book just saying. CJ was hard for me to like at the beginning she seemed very distant, almost cold and was way too hard on herself and tried way too hard to push Peyton away in my opinion, but by the end of the book, I liked her, so al ...more
Marilyn Diamond
Oct 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Reading this advanced read copy.
Peyton Quinn, alpha male went on a blind date an that loving feeling was not present. His eyes was set on the cutie he met in Blenders the night before who turned out to be Crosby Everheart (CJ) his blind date’s best friend. This book was redundant to me, started out in a slow pace. I expected something different.
CJ an certified electrician who lost her Mother at an early age was broken an insisted she would never have children. She just wanted to be respected a
Marie Bourgery
Oct 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
CJ kept pushing Peyton away. At first because he was set up with her best friend Violet even though they didn't hit it off romantically. She thought they would be a better match despite the lack of attraction. And later because she doesn't want kids and doesn't accept that he's ok with that and won't change his mind and hurt her down the road. They have a electric attraction from their first meeting in a bar rooting for opposing baseball teams. But she keeps letting her insecurities get in the w ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Finding His Cheer (Jewel Lakes Christmas Special)
  • If Only You Knew (Haven Bay, #4)
  • Love is Coming to Town
  • Saving Savannah
  • An Insatiable Eventide (Nighttime Cravings #3)
  • Dog-Eared Love: Animal Control Officer Instalove Romance
  • Beauty and the Boss
  • Sweet on her Favorite Rancher
  • Murder by Numbers (The Lemon Tree Bay Mysteries Book 1)
  • SEAL's Love (Team Oracle Security Book 3)
  • Don't Leave Me (Chapel Cove Romances, #13)
  • Two Risks I'd Never Take Again (Never Say Never, #6)
  • Worth the Wait (Alpha One, #2)
  • Our Broken Song: A sweet enemies to lovers, rockstar romance (For Love and Rock Book 2)
  • Worth the Risk (Alpha One, #1)
  • In Safe Hands (Search and Rescue, #4)
  • Gone Too Deep (Search and Rescue, #3)
  • My Submission

Blue Collar Romance (8 books)
  • Chasing Down the Dream
  • A Place to Belong (Blue Collar Romance, #2)
  • Make Me
  • Just for a Moment (Blue Collar Romance, #4)
  • When You Were Mine
  • Speeding Hearts (Blue Collar Romance, #7)
  • More Than Enough (Blue Collar Romance, #8)