Start by marking “One Day Like This (Excess All Areas, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Day Like This (Excess All Areas, #1)

One Day Like This

(Excess All Areas #1)

"A heart wrenching forbidden romance. A rockstar you can’t help but love. A strong heroine to admire. And a love meant to be. Scarlett Cole takes you apart and puts you back together again." ~ Carly Phillips, NY Times Bestselling Author

Matt
Loving Izabel Bryson should be the easiest thing in the world. Heck, she’s been the inspiration for at least half a dozen of the songs
Paperback, 1st edition, 337 pages
Expected publication: September 21st 2021 by Kadelo Group Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about One Day Like This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Day Like This

Start your review of One Day Like This (Excess All Areas, #1)
AJ

5 forbidden stars!

The start of a brand new rockstar series from Scarlett Cole, this is a beautifully emotional brother’s-best-friend, forbidden romance with fantastic chemistry and just the right amount of angst and drama. It sucked me in, and I read it in one sitting, unable to put it down, and I loved it!

Matt Palmer is a man with a dream. Together with his best friend, his brother, and his two cousins, they forme
Rachel
Sep 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Readers have been clamoring for more rock stars from Scarlett Cole and with One Day Like This she delivers more than we expected, hoped for and does it with a book that was absolutely amazingly unputdownable. 5 Stars is not high enough for this book.

To say I loved this book would not cover it. I went into it knowing I would have a great read. What I got was a book that sucked me in from the opening pages, dragged me through all the feels willingly, had me melting over the hero and cheering for
Sep 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a fabulous start to a new series by a favourite author. Where the Preload books were about successful band whose members were household names, this series starts with a band whose members are nearing 30 and still gigging around their day jobs. Matt and his bandmates are killing themselves and still barely breaking even.

Matt and Izobel are both really engaging characters. I always love that Cole’s female characters are
Ann (Literary Lust)
Sep 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
One Day Like This is the first book in this new series by Scarlett Cole and it has left me desperate for more!!

I’m not a stranger to this author’s rockstar romances, in fact her Preload series is a firm favourite of mine. I did wonder if this series would feature similar stories to that of Ms. Cole's previous releases, but those thoughts were gone almost instantly once I started this book. Matt, Luke, Jase, Alex and Ben have their own stories to tell and I cannot wait to learn more about them a
PA Book Queen
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of being an ARC reader for Scarlett Cole for her book One Day Like This (Excess All Areas Book 1). My review is based on my own opinions, and I was not coerced or compensated for it.

Matt Palmer, the lyricist for Sad Fridays has a captivating way with the words he writes and is keeping a big secret from his best friend and bandmate Luke, regarding Luke's sister Izabel.

Izabel has moved in with her brother Luke, after leaving a cheating boyfriend and dreadful relationship behin
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Sep 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The one thing he wants, is also the one thing he can't have. Matt has secretly loved Izabel Bryson for almost a decade, but having her is forbidden, and would ruin a friendship he values. Her brother would never forgive him for going against their agreement and making a move on her. She is a temptation that is impossible to ignore...

Izabel has secretly loved her brother's best friend Matt for years now, but he doesn't seem to know that she exists. Every time she has shown any interest in him he
Katelynn
Sep 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Matt is the bassist for an upcoming rock band who finds himself in love with his band mate's sister Izabel. Iz has always felt the same way about Matt, but her brother made all his band mates promise not to be with Iz. Matt has a heavy burden of being the band leader songwriter, helping his chaotic brother Jase and juggling feelings for Izabel. I definitely felt for him and his complex struggles with Jase. I thought that was really well written and it wasn't wrapped up in a nice bow by the end o ...more
Laura Maurix
Sep 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
It was really a rollercoaster of emotion-read. This book had me wanting more and more each time I got back to reading. The characters are well written and the book overall is just very likable. The only thing I saw as a negative point was the third person point of view. This always makes it harder for me to start the book, but nonetheless, it was an amazing book and I liked reading it very much!

4/5 stars.
Karrie
Sep 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Izabel has loved Matt since she was 15, but he was forbidden fruit since he is her brother’s best friend. 10 years later finds them both loving each other from afar, but yet so close to each other. Luke, Izabel’s brother thought that he could stop his band mates which includes Matt from them seeing his sister. Oh what a tangled web they have all weaver. In the end though Matt and Izabel get a happy ending together.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
These charaters are very well written. I very much devoursd this story
Claire Falzon
Sofia Costa
Anna
Emma
Jun 30, 2021
Four-time RITA finalist, Scarlett Cole, is a contemporary romantic suspense / contemporary romance author (represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency) who calls both Toronto, Canada and Manchester, England home. A born city dweller, she periodically quashes the urge to live in the country by hiking up a mountain to remind herself that living away from people would terrify the pants off her.

She

Excess All Areas (2 books)
  • Next Time I Fall (Excess All Areas #2)

News & Interviews

Audiobooks are an incredible way to experience stories—a great narrator can use their voice bring the narrative to life in a way that the...
“His hand cupped her cheek and he moved closer to her. “I don’t want an audience the first time I kiss you, Iz. Even if it’s pretend.” 0 likes
“When the stars aligned to show us what’s in our hearts, how could we ignore it?” 0 likes