Start by marking “One Day Like This (Excess All Areas, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Day Like This (Excess All Areas, #1)

One Day Like This

(Excess All Areas #1)

"A heart wrenching forbidden romance. A rockstar you can’t help but love. A strong heroine to admire. And a love meant to be. Scarlett Cole takes you apart and puts you back together again." ~ Carly Phillips, NY Times Bestselling Author

Matt
Loving Izabel Bryson should be the easiest thing in the world. Heck, she’s been the inspiration for at least half a dozen of the songs
Paperback, 1st edition, 337 pages
Published September 21st 2021 by Kadelo Group Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about One Day Like This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Day Like This

Start your review of One Day Like This (Excess All Areas, #1)
Jessica Alcazar
Shelves: cole-scarlett
THIS! THIS IS WHAT Scarlett Cole WAS PUT ON THIS EARTH TO WRITE.

DO.THE.THING. Do it now.

Google Play: https://bit.ly/3hCjoC5

Izzie d
AJ

5 forbidden stars!

The start of a brand new rockstar series from Scarlett Cole, this is a beautifully emotional brother’s-best-friend, forbidden romance with fantastic chemistry and just the right amount of angst and drama. It sucked me in, and I read it in one sitting, unable to put it down, and I loved it!

Matt Palmer is a man with a dream. Together with his best friend, his brother, and his two cousins, they forme
Aly is so frigging bored
This first book of Scarlett Cole was amazing! It has drama and angst and hidden relationships and, like, a LOT of drama.

The whole series centers around a Manchester band on the brink of making it big. It's also about family, the one you're born into and the one you make. I actually never thought about reading a book/series that was about a band making it big. I read about one about to splinter, one that is dealing with the drama of being famous, about the fight with alcoholism and drugs, but ne
Simply Love Book Reviews
Sep 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
I am super excited about another rock star series by author Scarlett Cole! One Day Like This is the first book in the Excess All Areas series and it was a good start to the series. Two people, who have had feelings for one another for years, finally give in knowing that it could blow both their worlds apart. There was a lot of emotion in this book and a quite a bit of angst but not between the couple, between the band most of whom are related and the one that’s not is just as close as a brother ...more
Patricia Noblet
Sep 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Scarlett Cole returns with a new series in the world of rock n'roll, a series about the members of a rock band on the road to success but whose excesses and arguments create obstacles to this promising future.
The first volume is starring Matt Palmer, bassist and songwriter of the group Sad Fridays. His reluctant house painter work has helped him pay the bills, but his dreams and free time are devoted to music.
The other members of the group are his family: his brother, his two cousins ​​and his b
Jenn Amy
One Day Like This is the first book in a new rockstar romance series by Scarlett Cole. Matt and Izabel have loved each from afar but neither acted on their feelings. Izabel is his best friend and band mates little sister, making her forbidden and off limits. Matt is the bass guitarist and songwriter for his band, Sad Fridays. He is talented and passionate about his music.

This story is full of drama and put my heart through a gamut of emotions. I was captivated from beginning to end and found it
Julie Booklover
Sep 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2021, sept

Excited to read this new rockstar series from this author! As her previous series, Preload, is a must read. No disappointments here, and my heart is almost back to normal. In a story of complicated relationships, forbidden love, and big hearts. I was pulled in immediately.

A lot is going on, but the author has set us up, and I am wanting more of the characters who make up the band Sad Fridays.

Thank you to the author for the advanced copy; this is my voluntary review.
Peggy M
‘One day like this’ is the first story in the ‘Excess all areas’ series. The story takes place in Manchester, England and the main characters in this story are Matt Palmer and Izabel Bryson. Matt’s greatest passion in life is making music. Together with his younger brother Jase, his best friend Luke Bryson and his two cousins Ben and Alex, they form the music band ‘The sad Fridays’. But to their frustration and disappointment the guys still haven’t find the success they were dreaming of as young ...more
Sarah~ Book Obsession Confessions
❤️🎸4.5 STARS 🎸❤️
Forbidden romance ✔️
Best friends little sister✔️
Rockstar romance ✔️
Matt is best friends and band mates with Izabel’s older brother. After Matt’s younger brother(who’s also in the band)had a one night stand with her it caused major issues for the long time friends. Izabel’s brother made everyone promise his sister was off limits.
Matt and Izabel have had feelings for each other since childhood. I loved that they had that history together. They know each other well and that made m
Rachel
Sep 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Readers have been clamoring for more rock stars from Scarlett Cole and with One Day Like This she delivers more than we expected, hoped for and does it with a book that was absolutely amazingly unputdownable. 5 Stars is not high enough for this book.

To say I loved this book would not cover it. I went into it knowing I would have a great read. What I got was a book that sucked me in from the opening pages, dragged me through all the feels willingly, had me melting over the hero and cheering for
thenerdybookworm_
Sep 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Matt and Izabel have had feelings for each other for years. Unfortunately, Izabel is also the little sister of one of Matt’s band mates and completely offlimits. When they get a chance to have “one day,” the lines blur. What happens when reality sets in?

One Day Like This is a rockstar forbidden romance. Full of angst, drama, and rocking chemistry.
Kristiej
This is really hard. I love Scarlet Coles books. Her first series about rock stars is a real keeper and I’ve read them a number of times but this one, the first in her newest series just didn’t really work for me.

First off it was a best friend and sister trope. This one I don’t generally read, only if I know and trust the author. I just don’t really get it. The heroes best friend must already trust the hero seeing they are besties. And sure, they may have been horn dogs together but if hero tell
Susan (susayq ~)
One of my all time favorite series is Preload by Scarlett Cole, so when I heard she was doing another rock band series, I COULD NOT WAIT! And this lived up to all my expectations. Matt and Izabel had me pulling for them from the start, both as individuals and as a couple. This was a great start to what will be a fantastic series.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US / Amazon UK / Kobo / Apple / Nook / Google Play

Izabel and Matt have a long-standing history. She’s made bad decisions and so has he. But now they’re in each other’s orbits again and their attraction hasn’t died down, at all. The obstacles in the past still exist, though, so if they want to be together, they’ll have to figure out a way to overcome those obstacles.

Rockstar romances are one of my favorite kinds of romance, combined with brother's friend, and it
B. C. Booklover
Sep 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when the opportunity came my way to read an early copy of new to me author, Scarlett Cole's latest book- her rockstar romance- One Day Like This. Finding a new author in this genre I love most was like receiving an exciting and unexpected gift.

These characters jumped in and let me know who they were right from the start- funny, talented, hard working friends and family, trying to make ends meet until their big break hopefully came. They'd been at this for 10 long years, jugglin
Sep 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The start of Scarlett Cole's new Excess All Areas series showcases what this author does best, digging deep and revealing simmering pain and vulnerability. Using her hometown roots as a backdrop she gives a loving tribute to Manchester even while the personal touches she added to this work brought it to the next level. It was clear from the start of One Day Like This how invested this author was in this project.

Matt Palmer and Izabel Bryson grew up together, part of an intimate working class fr
Sep 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a fabulous start to a new series by a favourite author. Where the Preload books were about successful band whose members were household names, this series starts with a band whose members are nearing 30 and still gigging around their day jobs. Matt and his bandmates are killing themselves and still barely breaking even.

Matt and Izobel are both really engaging characters. I always love that Cole’s female characters are
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the first book in a new series, and I can tell you, I am definitely hooked.

Set in Manchester, a thriving place for successful music bands, we meet a band who have most definitely not hit the big time ... yet! They are doing well enough to have regular gigs, enough music to record an album, and collectively a bad rockstar lifestyle habit of drink, drugs and sex.

As we get to know the guys, some of who work togeth
Lynsey A
Well, I read this book because I wanted to read the 3rd book in the series. I had avoided this book before because the heroine slept with the heroes brother, an act she deeply regrets as she knows it ruined any chance between her and Matt. But, I dived into it and really ended up loving it.

Matt had made a promise to his best friend Luke that he wouldn't make a move on his younger sister, Izabel. All the bandmates had. But Jase broke that rule (we'll get to Jase, later) and slept with her. He di
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Brand new release. Brand new series. Brand spanking new to me author. What a way to pop my cherry.

Y'all, I'm a huge, huge fan of the rock star + brother's best friend romance tropes (together and I'm practically foaming at the mouth) and throw in that blurb from Scarlett and I was a goner before I started.

One Day Like This by Scarlett Cole is the first book in the steamy Excess All Areas series and it was all hands in deck folks when it came to this beauty. So, so good from start to fini
Hopelessly Addicted To Books
The first book in a new series can be tricky as you have to strike that balance between setting up a new world and group of characters with giving a couple the time and space to shine. On the whole I felt Scarlett achieved that balance pretty well.

This is not about an established group who have achieved huge success but one who are still waiting for that big break. I like that the author took time to let us see the struggles behind the scenes, we see them trying to find gigs, time for band prac
World Of Books 65
Sep 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rocker, new-series
I love the anticipation of a new series and none my so than a Rock Band. Scarlett Cole took this story by the horns and delivered a spellbinding, couldn't put down introduction to the Sad Fridays rock group. There is nothing sweet about the start of this series, there is drama, twists, turns and bumps in the road, but wonderfully moulded around the attraction of founder and leader of the group, Matt and his best friend Lukes little sister, Izabel who has always had a crush on Matt, but when she ...more
Kylee
Sep 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One Day Like This gives you a romance that has you on the edge of your seat with anticipation, angst and drama. Two people who had loved each other from afar for what seemed like forever. Mistakes are made and a promise between friends is agreed upon changing what their hearts crave. However as Matt and Izabel discover what one day like this could be it will be hard to walk away. Their story is surrounded by sex, drugs and rock and roll and intertwined with friendships and sibling relationships. ...more
Shannon Godwin
Sep 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying I’m not really a rockstar reader but this book had me wanting to try it from reading the blurb. It by far did not disappoint. It’s a great start to a new series. It’s a forbidden romance of a brothers band mate & sister. Matt and Izabel will have you in their corner pulling for them before you know it!
Karrie
Sep 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Izabel has loved Matt since she was 15, but he was forbidden fruit since he is her brother’s best friend. 10 years later finds them both loving each other from afar, but yet so close to each other. Luke, Izabel’s brother thought that he could stop his band mates which includes Matt from them seeing his sister. Oh what a tangled web they have all weaver. In the end though Matt and Izabel get a happy ending together.
Emmie
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of being an ARC reader for Scarlett Cole for her book One Day Like This (Excess All Areas Book 1). My review is based on my own opinions, and I was not coerced or compensated for it.

Matt Palmer, the lyricist for Sad Fridays has a captivating way with the words he writes and is keeping a big secret from his best friend and bandmate Luke, regarding Luke's sister Izabel.

Izabel has moved in with her brother Luke, after leaving a cheating boyfriend and dreadful relationship behin
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Julia

58326643. sy475

One Day Like This

Excess All Areas #1

Scarlett Cole

September 21st 2021

Karen
Sep 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved Matt and Izabel. Great reading their career aspirations and life in Manchester, England.

The band and Nan were pretty cool.
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage
Sep 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
One Day Like This is the first book in a new series by Scarlett Cole. Excess All Areas will tell the story of the band Sad Fridays and each member will have their own book. The band is made up of Matt, his best friend Luke, his brother Jase and his cousins Ben and Alex. This is the story of the founder of the band Matt and Izabel, the girl he’s always loved. During their love affair we are introduced to the other members and see the dynamics of a band waiting for their big break.

“When the star
« previous 1 3 next »

• Baden (Pittsburgh Titans, #1)
  • The Player Hater (Accidentally in Love #1)
  • Riggs (Arizona Vengeance #11)
  • Falling for You (Annapolis Harbor, #5)
  • Reason to Believe (Legacy, #1)
  • Boyfriend (Moo U, #1)
  • Famous in a Small Town
  • Stone (Pittsburgh Titans, #2)
  • Fragile (Rock Stars & Romance, #1)
  • Sing With Me (Saving Tate #1)
  • Prodigal Son (The Forever Marked, #2)
  • Rebel North (The North Brothers, #2)
  • Jock Romeo (Jock Hard #6)
  • The Rhythm Method (Stage Dive, #4.8)
  • Rise (Rock God, #1)
  • Closer (Rock Stars & Romance, #3)
  • Fractured Trust (Fractured Rock Star #3)
  • A Chance for Us (Willow Creek Valley, #4)
Four-time RITA finalist, Scarlett Cole, is a contemporary romantic suspense / contemporary romance author (represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency) who calls both Toronto, Canada and Manchester, England home. A born city dweller, she periodically quashes the urge to live in the country by hiking up a mountain to remind herself that living away from people would terrify the pants off her.

She

Excess All Areas (4 books)
  • Next Time I Fall (Excess All Areas, #2)
  • How Good It Was (Excess All Areas, #3)
  • Love You Like That (Excess All Areas, #4)

News & Interviews

This is a fun one: For the collection below, we decided to take a long-arc overview and try to identify the most popular books published over...
“His hand cupped her cheek and he moved closer to her. “I don’t want an audience the first time I kiss you, Iz. Even if it’s pretend.” 0 likes
“When the stars aligned to show us what’s in our hearts, how could we ignore it?” 0 likes