Start by marking “One Year of Dinner Table Devotions & Discussion Starters: 365 Opportunities to Grow Closer to God as a Family” as Want to Read:

Getting the kids to turn off the TV and video games is challenge enough--let alone gathering as a family to read and discuss the Bible! One Year of Dinner Table Devotions & Discussion Starters helps families start where they are already gathered together on a daily basis--around the dinner table. As the meal comes to a close, family members can take turns turning to th ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Tyndale Momentum (first published September 22nd 2008)

Gigi
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
We have four boys ages 6-12. No, we didn’t read this every evening, but it has been a nice resource to have and it’s just the right amount for the attention spans we are dealing with. Though we don’t use it every night, it has been the only devotional that we have stuck with. Sometimes we make our own questions up for the boys, but it’s mainly a conversation starter rather than a quiz. I would recommend it if you’re looking for something that’s actually doable and not overwhelming.
Lydia
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best family use devotionals I have found. When we first started using it I was sad there were verses instead of chapters. Oftentimes I have found devotions that do this and there isn’t much substance offered afterwards. But the discussions that follow theses verses are so good for inspiring our family to have conversations about what we’ve just read. We have used this book during meals but also before bedtime and I think it works well for both!
Lindsey Sieders
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This has been the best family devotion we have worked through as a family. Great discussions!
Loraena
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: families
Hands down the best devotional for families we’ve tried.
Gregory Cantley
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great year of devotions!!!

Great book for challenging the family to get closer to Jesus Christ. Everyone should read it with their family at dinner.
Jonathan
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't normally go for this sort of thing, and the cover design is atrocious, but these are fantastic devotions. The readings are substantive and the discussion prompts are deep, enough for adults to have good conversation, but over the head for little kids. It helps to already have some working theology to start from when discussing.
Tiffany
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Family Devotions

Carol Muleta
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have found reading from this book to be a wonderful conversation starter at mealtime. It can also ensure consistent reinforcement of your spiritual values if this book is applicable to your faith.
Rebekah L.
May 19, 2018
Allison Blankenship
Nov 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Nancy and her husband, David, and son, Matt, make their home in Nashville, Tennessee, where they attend Christ Presbyterian Church (Presbyterian Church in America). After losing two infant children to a rare genetic disorder, Nancy writes books that reflect her compassion for hurting people and her passion for applying God's Word to real life.

In addition to teaching a weekly Bible class at her ch