Start by marking “Rookie: A Firefighter Romance (Bradford Station, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rookie: A Firefighter Romance (Bradford Station, #1)

Rookie: A Firefighter Romance

(Bradford Station #1)

Danny Ramirez

As a Probationary Firefighter, I’m doing everything I can to impress the members of my company. Knowing I’m the first in my family to be educated makes me proud, and gives me hope for the future.

Published January 21st 2022 by Laramie Briscoe Books

To ask other readers questions about Rookie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rookie

Start your review of Rookie: A Firefighter Romance (Bradford Station, #1)
Syndi
Jun 08, 2022 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rookie is relatively confusing story for me. Miss Briscoe does not put anything special or plot that makes Rookie memorable.

My impression is: a story/ book where I forget what is the content once I put it down. Not memorable. Not a story that I want to follow again or read the next book.
The characters also boring and confusing. The dialog and conversation is bland.

Anyway, moving on..

2 stars
Kaithlin Shepherd
It’s no secret that I am one of Laramie’s biggest fans and let me tell you that this new series is going to make me an even bigger fan.

The characters are beautifully written, and in true Laramie fashion you fall in love instantly not just with the main characters but the whole supporting crew as well.

Danny and Hayden are so perfect for each other, and you feel it from the first time you meet them.

If you haven’t read anything by this author before, this is a great start.

Another five star read
~ Deborah
Rookie the first book in the new Bradford Station series by Laramie Briscoe.
This standalone interconnected new series promises to be hot 🔥. OMG....I'm excited for this new small town, fire department series!!!!!

Rookie is Danny and Hayden's story. Danny is the newest firefighter for Station One, the rookie, nicknamed "Rook". Hayden the Chief's daughter, who has one rule for his daughters, "Don't date my guys" and one rule for his guys, "Don't date my daughters".

Danny is an all-around "good guy".
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 4.5/5.0

Sexy folks, scorching trysts, and sentimental heartstring-pullers are elements "Rookie" uses to tell a tale of hometown romance with hints of danger.

Read full review in the 2022 Summer issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Siobhan
Jan 21, 2022 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have previously enjoyed books from Laramie Briscoe and have been eager to dive into Rookie since hearing about it years ago. It’s a story I went into expecting to find another series I would devour, yet Rookie did not work for me.

For me, Rookie was far too quick and underdeveloped. There were many elements in this one that had the potential to be highly addictive, to cover many aspects, yet none were taken as far as I had hoped. Things were touched upon and handled easily, and I kept waiting f
Jessica
I can understand where Laramie Briscoe was trying to go with the story. I just felt like there were a lot of forced moments and conversations that were unnecessary. It was an insta love story, but the dialogue was just super cheesy throughout the whole book.

The only thing for me to give this book a one star, was that the hero was a firefighter and there were lots of moments where you actually saw him in action. I really enjoyed reading those moments, because a lot of the times in romance books y
Jenn the Readaholic
Jan 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
This isn’t your typical firefighter story. Sure, we have danger and camaraderie and the joking expected among the crew, but this is a lot more also. Danny and his family give us a close look at narrow minds and closed hearts, while Hayden and hers give us the worry of a single dad who did his best. And that best may need to let up a little when Hayden and Danny find each other!

I loved the fact that Danny didn’t shy away from Hayden, but he also didn’t forget that he needed the approval of more
Kirstie Lee
Jan 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The start of a new series from the brilliant Laramie Briscoe and she didn't disappoint. It a amazing start and I can't wait for what comes next. It a nice easy read but has points that will have you holding your breath . This would be a good book to start with you haven't had the joy of any of Laramies books, I will promise you will end up downloading all of her others and you will love them ❤️. I was very lucky get be given an Arc copy but I will still be buying it when it's out. Do yourself a ...more
Bethany
Jan 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of another awesome series by Laramie Briscoe! You will get sucked in right away and won’t want to put it down. If you have never read anything by her, this is a great place to start! If you are familiar with her work, it is everything you have come to expect from her and you need to read it.
Kari Hansen
Jan 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Danny is a rookie firefighter who is determined to show the Chief and the people in town that he is worthy of the job. He has often felt like an outsider as others didn’t feel her father was worthy of her mother and that included her family. When he stopped to help a woman change a tire he was drawn to her in a way he had never felt before but finding out later that she was his Chief’s daughter made her off-limits.

After finishing college Hayden has returned to her hometown and is trying to deter
GeekyBookMama
Jan 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a new series and it was absolutely freaking amazing! I loved Hayden she was such a good character, I loved her laid back but take no BS attitude and Danny was such a sweetheart. The story itself was well written and such a beautiful read. I’m excited to see what’s next in the series.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was a good read. Danny is the Rookie and Hayden is the chief's daughter. They begin a relationship together. You would expect their to be trouble considering who her father is. However, they got lucky and it all went smoothly and they got their happy ending. ...more
Rosie Amber
Rookie is the first book in the Bradford Station series of contemporary romances.

Rookie fireman Danny is six months into his training. He wants to make his family proud while doing an important job for the town he lives in. One evening he stops to help a young woman change her punctured tyre. She catches his eye until she realises who she is; the chief’s number one rule? Don’t date his daughters.

Hayden is returning to her small town home after being away for four years at college. She boldly giv
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Ooh, a new series of characters to fall in love with. Hayden and Danny light up the pages. The men of Bradford Station are going to be a force and of course all of the strong sassy women that love them. Hayden the Chief's youngest daughter is a spitfire and goes after what she wants. Danny feels he isn't enough because he comes from the other side of the tracks but love doesn't discriminate and Danny and Hayden fell in love on first meeting. Their story ended with a smile on my face and a need f ...more
Daywyn Scott
Jan 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! Once again Laramie Briscoe writes a story that you will not want to put down. Rookie has passion, excitement and sometimes sitting on the edge of my seat! Laramie puts her heart and soul into this book and you feel as though your right there in the story... loved this story can't wait as other stories unfold in this fantastic series!! Thank you Laramie for taking your readers on the journey you are so wonderful in writing about!! ...more
Cali Gals
Jan 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Danny and Hayden’s story. Danny is a Rookie firefighter and Hayden’s dad is the chief. Yep… Danny is conflicted as his interest grows for Hayden but he has an allegiance to the department he doesn’t want to mess up.

I couldn’t help but fall in love with Danny and his family. They kept this story filled with heart touching details and upped my desire to know more.

Hayden, her sister, and dad showed the challenges a family faces after being abandoned. As someone who had similar feelings, I
Alex(Books-In-A-Storm)
I really like this one. It was a good read but I found that it wasn't really my kind of firefighter book.
Still a really good read.
Karin
Jan 21, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so loved everything about Danny and Hayden, especially Danny, he has such a unbelievable heart and it hurt me that he thought he wasn’t good enough for Hayden cause of his background but his love and soul exuded from the pages and Hayden wasn’t about to let him think he wasn’t the best man ever cause she is!!!! But her dad has a policy for anyone that works with him, no one goes near his daughters but Danny and Haydens fate was sealed the moment they met
Renee
Jan 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

As a Probationary Firefighter, I'm going everything I can to impress the members of my company. Knowing I'm the first in my family to be educated makes me proud, and gives me hope for the future. I hold myself to a higher standard than anyone else, especially with a southern small-town breathing down my neck. One night, on a dark mountain road, I help the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Jan 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of a new series taking place in Tennessee and we get to know the firefighters in this small town. The first up is the rookie who is Danny.

Danny comes from a hispanic family that owns and runs a lawn service in town. His mom is related to the mayor but she was disowned when she married the guy from the other side of town, Danny's dad. Danny helped out a few days a week and also works withe fire department full time.

Hayden is back home after college when she meets Danny. Her fat
Alice
Jan 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I'm the happiest person in the whole wide world because I discovered LARAMIE BRISCOE!
ROOKIE was my very first book of this author and definitely won't be my last!
This wonderful book is the love story of Hayden and Danny.
Well Danny is a firefighter (a really hot and irresistible firefighter) at Bradford Station and when a beauty young woman has a problem with her car of course he's there to help... and that's the real problem: the first time Danny sees Hayden? There's an instant attraction!
Jessica
*3.5-4 Star Rating*

This is my first Laramie Briscoe book, so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of writing style and character building. Each author has their own way of crafting a story, but I assumed a few things knowing that this was going to be about firefighters. I wanted that brotherly camaraderie where you know there's going to be lots of laughs, but at the end of the day, they would lay down their lives for each other.

I felt like the stars were aligned for this story. It was set in a
Katie
Jan 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome start to a new series from Laramie Briscoe. This new series takes place in Bradford Station and focuses on the guys of the fire dept in the small forest town. Who doesnt love a hot firefighter romance?!
Hayden is the Fire Chief's "little girl" and comes with the unwritten (but widely known) rule of off-limits to all her dad's firefighters. Well Danny, the Rookie of Bradford Station Number 1 doesnt know who the woman is that he helps on the side of the mountain road one day. Why n
Cyle
Jan 24, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
This was my first read for author Laramie Briscoe, this was a great quick read with a lot of colorful characters that I know will be more developed in future books and some great romances. This story focused on Danny the "Rookie" of the local small town fire station and Hayden the fire chiefs daughter whose come back home.

Danny is a hard working guy, not only trying his best as a rookie at the fire station but helping his father in his landscaping business. He never seems to have a breather and
Courtney
Jan 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this read, Danny and Hayden were perfect together. In this book Danny is a hardworking Firefighter while also helping his father’s landscaping business a few days a week. He grew up in a small town where his family was constantly judged and condemned because his father was an immigrant so he suffers with his own self confidence. It broke my heart how heavy other’s judgement weighed on him and held him back when it came to trusting his gut and being confident in his hard work. ...more
The premise for Rookie sounds so amazing. Small town romance featuring a rookie firefighter and the chief's daughter? What's not to love?!

The base of the story was good. Danny and Hayden piqued my curiosity, and I did like the secret dating storyline. I loved their meet cute, and even their next meet up after that.

There were a few aspects that I struggled with. It seemed that bits of the story were just forgotten. Or the parts that I had wanted elaborated on were simply glossed over. Ultimately
Zetti
Jan 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Danny and Hayden are ‘not allowed’ to be together because of Hayden’s father who also happens to be Danny’s chief too. I say ‘not allowed’ like that is going to stop them. Their secretive time together just makes this book so much more fun to read.

Danny is a good guy and a great firefighter. His character and his journey was inspirational – he’s trying to be the best person he can be and not compromise his values along the way either.

Hayden wants to find herself and no longer allow her insecurit
Wendy Livingstone
This is the first in a new series and is Danny and Hayden’s story. Danny is a rookie firefighter who works hard to prove himself in the station, and Hayden is returning to her hometown after college when she has a flat tire, and Danny comes to her aid. Hayden is the fire chief’s youngest daughter, and he is firm in his rules that his daughters are off limits. These two have some challenges to overcome, but they compliment each other perfectly. This is a beautifully written well-paced slow burn s ...more
Paperbeautiful
Jan 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing read by Laramie Briscoe! I can already tell this new series is going to be awesome!!

Danny and Holden are perfect for one another! They understand each other like no one else ever has. The only problem is he is the new rookie firefighter and her dad is the fire chief, but nothing can stop true love. This romance was so sweet. No unnecessary drama, just two people who met and got to know one another. Ugh, their romance was so hot and sweet!!

The writing was outstanding, like always.
Chelsia
Jan 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh!! The first book in a new series is always nerve racking but Laramie hit Rookie out of the park!
Rookie is the 1st book in the Bradford station series.
In Rookie we meet Hayden who’s father is the fire chief and Danny the rookie firefighter.
Danny and Hayden have a random encounter not knowing who the other is.
Sparks start to fly from the get go.
What happens when the rookie finds out the girl he is crushing on, is His fire chief?
These 2 will take you on an emotional ride filled with laughter,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Never with Me
  • Get Tragic (Battle Crows MC #5)
  • Rattle Some Cages (Battle Crows MC #3)
  • Not a Role Model (Battle Crows MC #4)
  • Make Me Your Villain (Battle Crows MC #2)
  • Misconception
  • Broken Dove
  • Beyond the Team (Out of Reach, #4)
  • Always Someone's Monster (Battle Crows MC, #1)
  • Mine To Have (Southern Wedding, #1)
  • Until May (Until Her/Him, #11)
  • Beyond the Play (Out of Reach, #3)
  • A Million Kisses in Your Lifetime
  • Wild Side (Burgers & Brew Crüe, #4)
  • Until Arden
  • Ashes (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #9)
  • Inked Craving (Montgomery Ink: Fort Collins, #4)
  • One Way Back to Me (The Wilder Brothers, #1)

Laramie Briscoe is the USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of over 30 books.

When she's not writing alpha males who seriously love their women, she loves spending time with friends, reading, and marathoning shows on Netflix.

Laramie lives in Bowling Green, KY with her husband and a sometimes crazy cat named Beau.

She is represented by Two Daisy Media

Would you like to join her reader

Bradford Station (2 books)
  • Combust : A Single Dad, Firefighter Romance (Bradford Station Book 2)