Start by marking “Captain Nemo, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Captain Nemo, Volume 1

Captain Nemo, Volume 1

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews

The year is 1893. Under the iron grip of Napoleon IV, France has extended its tyrannical rule throughout the world, forging a vast Empire that rivals that of ancient Rome.

Only one man stands in defiance against the Empire, roaming at will beneath the surface of the oceans: Young Captain Nemo and his ragtag crew aboard the Nautilus II.

Published February 12th 2006 by Seven Seas

To ask other readers questions about Captain Nemo, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Nemo, Volume 1

Celine
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Actually, Captain Nemo is a great manga. It has very pretty art, dynamic panels, a fantasic atmosphere, and the main character isn't as stupid as she seems at first. Especially the underwater scenes are incredibly well done. Then why the three stars? Because this volume ends on one huge cliffhanger - which would have been fine, should there ever be a second volume. But this one has been published in 2006, and there is no news about a second one now, eight years later. Well, I guess that's what h ...more
Anna
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Second time around, I leave the same rating, but I appreciate the manga itself more. I can see the influences from Jules Verne, Alan Moore, and even some POTC. I love the characters and how distinct they are. The story itself - an action adventure sci-fi under the sea epic - is greatness waiting to be explored. I'm not a huge fan of the art, but I like DeAngelis enough to enjoy it. I hope one day that the next manga will come about!
GregCarey10
Apr 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you are a sucker for 19th century adventure stories than this book may be up your alley. I picked it up for 1 dollar at a bookstore, and wow am I glad I didnt save that for a chocolate bar. It is fast paced, fun, easy to read, and overall a great story. Captain Nemo is a book for children, teens, and even adults, if you are looking for a popcorn flick type read. 4 thumbs up to Jason DeAngelis!
Bridgette
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Captain Nemo Volume 1 is a manga book. Surprisingly it didn't take me long to catch on reading from right to left. This is a pirate story where young Captain Nemo and his crew are defiant against Napoleon IV. This manga book also has romance in it as well. Highly recommend reading this manga book. Great graphics.
Saavedro Narayan
Michael Fierce
May 27, 2013
Melody
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really LOVE this manga! The plot was really interesting that I wish there was more!
Erin
May 05, 2008
Christal
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2016