Start by marking “Thick as Thieves (Aster Valley, #4)” as Want to Read:
Thick as Thieves (Aster Valley, #4)

Thick as Thieves

(Aster Valley #4)

Julian:

I've been in love with my best friend since forever. Okay, fine. Like, kindgergarten. It started out platonic, obviously, but then became... nope. Still platonic. The problem is that Parker Ellis has been straight since forever. And that makes it difficult to convince him the two of us are meant to be together.

And now there's no point. All is lost. He's gone and got
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 278 pages
Published March 1st 2022

To ask other readers questions about Thick as Thieves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thick as Thieves

Start your review of Thick as Thieves (Aster Valley, #4)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Feb 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Thick as Thieves is book four in the Aster Valley series by Lucy Lennox. I’ve loved Aster Valley since the beginning and gotten attached to these characters. I have been so excited about Parker and Julian’s book but wasn’t prepared for the emotional punch these two would give me. They were amazing in every single way!

Julian Thick has had a great life. He has a wonderful supportive family, a great sister and a fabulous bunch of friends. He is a lawyer and works for his family’s business. Julian i
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Cluelessness, thy name is Parker. All those years cuddling your best friend, sleeping in the same bed, and you never once considered that maybe, just maybe, it's more than mere friendship?

And, Julian, you're not much better. Stop self-sabotaging and pushing Parker away. So Erin asked Parker to the prom before you were done with the sparkly poster. That's sad, too bad, but it was more than a decade ago. TEN. YEARS. of being a martyr, feeling sorry for yourself, and generally living in denia
Cadiva
Feb 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved!

This book brought all the feels! It's definitely my favourite in the Aster Valley series so far and one of my most favourite books from Lucy full stop.

There's something just really beautiful about a friendship which turns to the kind of unshakeable forever love that I am sure many people dream about and here we get that with Jules and Parker.

I won't go into the hows of the narrative, only to say that everything unfolded in a way which felt organic and authentic to me as I was reading it.

We
Debra
This turned out to be a cute friends-to-lovers story. I liked that when Parker finally got a clue he was all in.

The one thing that annoyed me beyond all reason was Erin. Not because of what I thought I would find her annoying for (see my pre-read note below), but who would put up with her and her poor little rich girl, come help me whenever I call act. Why are they still friends with her? I really wanted to punch Julian when he (view spoiler)
haletostilinski
⭐︎ 4.5 "You and Me. In Love. Always" Stars! ⭐︎

This might possibly be my favorite of the series so far.

Right away, I felt the chemistry between Julian and Parker, the two who have been best friends since they were six years old.

Friends-to-lovers can always be a hit or a miss. You have to do it right. For me, this was done right.

Julian and Parker have always been close, closer than even best friends. But Parker has believed he was straight for the longest time, and so Julian thought that too.
Rielle (Back from Hiatus)
Best friends to lovers. Unrequited love. Bi-awakening.

This was really cute. I don’t even mind that one MC was literally going to marry a woman at the start of this. The only reason he didn’t was because she left him at the altar. Damn. It adds a nice tension to everything and makes the other MC’s hesitancy make sense. It was a little over dramatic at times, but nothing I couldn’t handle. The scenes with the ex were bland, but I did see the necessity to have them and make things right between th
oshiiy
3.5 stars ⭐️ I liked this book more than I expected and it was way better than the last three books. That also counts as a win.
It was totally sweet and cute, and I loved both Julian and Parker. But the friendship was a bit unrealistic and I think that issue was only for me.
Overall, it was an enjoyable read with a lot of skiing.
Stephanie (Teacups & Tropes)
Apr 13, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2022, mm
4/5 ★
3/5 🌶

Guh this is the kind of friends to lovers book that I love 🥹

And that ending was 🤌🏻 perf
Em Jay
Mar 03, 2022 rated it liked it
3.25 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sex, skiing, and sand 😎
MM Romance Most Wanted
Feb 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: forever-faves
You wanna read about true love? A gob-smacked bi-awakening with a healthy dose of intensely-written requited love?

Lucy Lennox saved the best for last!

First off: The depth of feeling, the soul-searing connection between Julian and Parker--I too was a "warm puddle of affection and highly turned-on goo," left rereading line after line. Julian and Parker are such fully realized characters, I am thrilled to have read their story and I don't think I will ever get over Julian and Parker.

My book boo,
Denise H.
BFFs from childhood, now in their 30s, they know each other like no one else. Julian is best man for Parker's wedding to Erin.
Julian is a Lawyer, dark hair, tattoos,

(cover) and his family treated Parker very well through life, because Parker's folks were disregarding, and ignoring him.
Parker, a ski instructor, who had parents who neglected him, He's tall,

with strawberry blonde hair, freckles and green eyes, plus he is fit and handsome.

These two men had sweet memories through the years, good
Cyndi
Mar 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I toggled between 4-5 stars for this, but I'm sticking with 5 because this book helped to pull me out of my dark and dreary. I live in Texas, folks, and this week the state that I was born and raised in has embarrassed me and made me feel sick to my stomach in a way I've never felt before. I am heeding the call to action, but the need for it made me want a good cuddle and this book wrapped me in its arms at the exact moment I needed it most.

I am always a little skeptical when faced with a child
❧ *´¸. Gwendolyn ❧ A Purely Organic Book Owl‘•´¸.*

The was an good read, and if it didn’t have the punch…it would be 4 stars. Because when he pulled a Will Smith, I was thrown out of the book for a minute or two🥀
Ashleigh
Mar 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
4 stars

glad parker pulled his head out his ass
Kirsten
Mar 01, 2022 rated it liked it
Better than her last.
No angst or conflict, just friends
fucking and skiing.
Gustaf
Mar 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full review to come but I liked this one much more than I thought I would.
Norah Una Sumner
Apr 13, 2022 rated it really liked it

Read this in one sitting and I'm glad for it. So happy this book gave me almost no angst and doubting because I needed something fluffy to read this week honestly. The demisexual representation also kind of saved me and I love Parker for that even though he was oblivious and dense as hell. Kind of relatable though cause I feel that would be me. Oops.

Was this predictable and too HEA? Yes, I do not care and I enjoyed it very much because of that. Give me all the fluff and people getting t
Boyanna
Apr 17, 2022 rated it liked it
this was cute and fun. there was a lot of angst wich im a sucker for so that was a plus i just had one gripe with this and it watered down my enjoyment.

Erin was such a selfish asshole of a character i couldn't figured out why everyone was defending her and sticking up for her when everything she did was make everyone around her miserable just so she can "adventure".
The problem was that she was such a driving plot to the story that you cant forget her and enjoy everything else.

It/she bothered me.
Kaity B
May 30, 2022 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars

Parker, my sweet naïve Parker! You are adorable and I just wanna hug you. And so glad Julian got that happily ever after!

The last chapter of this book was adorable! 🥰🥰

I will say Julian’s hesitancy while very much warranted, felt too long.. but that is because I was done with that part of the internal monologues haha

Overall one of my favorites in this series, and I feel like you could read this as a standalone.
Ana  Nimity
SWOON! I started reading this book and wanted nothing more than to curl up with it and read all afternoon. Fortunately for me, I started it on a Friday night, so while I fell asleep with it in my hand, I did spend a big chunk of Saturday curled up under a blanket, lost in Aster Valley.

I'm in awe of Lucy Lennox's ability to take the tried-and-true straight-best-friend-to-lovers trope and make it read like it's brand new. My heart just melted through the whole book.

I loved Julian and Parker toge
Pining for More (Books)
This was very cute and I enjoyed it a lot more than the 3rd in the series. I did keep mixing the MCs up for some reason and I could’ve done w a little more of Jules’ possessive side, but was also glad there was little angst in the way of the ex.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Amazon Worldwide

Julian just has to get through the wedding festivities before he can flee to Aster Valley and lick his wounds in private. His best friend, the man he's been in unrequited love with their whole lives, is marrying someone who's not him. So as long as Julian can just make it through the next few days, then he can go mope around by himself in his new home and figure out how to fall out of love with his very straight best friend, Parker. Except, things don't quite go as p
Keri Loves Books
Feb 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing
An incredible best friends-to-lovers romance that will have you falling head-over-heels for Parker and Jules. I wanted to devour this love story but savor it at the same time. The author writes romance with incredible love, intense emotion, and smokin' hot connections that leave you feeling giddy.

Julian has loved Parker his whole life. If only his best friend wasn't straight they would be the perfect match. Now he's the best man at Parker's wedding and he just needs to get through it so he can m
Cathy
Mar 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing
SWOONING

This was so romantic, so sexy, so... perfect. Julian and Parker's love is absolute destiny. Childhood friends, teenage protectors, adult "ride or die." It was ALWAYS Jules and Park. They gave me some anxious moments but pulled through for a very heartfelt happily ever after.

I won't ruin the story for you and I'm sure you've read the description, but briefly, after a quick prologue to explain their history, we join them at the bachelor party the night before Parker is supposed to wed Eri
Vanna (on a semi-hiatus due to onslaught of work)
Loved it!! ❤️❤️ This was a GFY & BFFs to Lovers trope; And despite the fact that this trope has been done to death in MM books, it was still very romantic and beautiful. Parker and Julian are both likable MCs and their story is well- written and despite the GFY part, it did not seem contrived. It seemed quite genuine. Parker seemed like a pushover sometimes especially with Erin, but he stood up when it mattered.
I haven’t read books 2 & 3 of this series, but didn’t have any issues connecting, so
Iman
Reread Count 1:

Still 5 stars, always 5 stars. Missed them so much!

Default Review:

This book DELIVERED! Full on sweetness with adorable MCs! This book is filled with love. So much love. Love, love and LOVE. I was hooked since the prologue. It started really well and I couldn’t put it down. I enjoyed it so much !!!

This book were full on giving exactly what I’ve been wanting. The pace and the storyline was perfect. It started from before the wedding then move to Parker got left at the altar
Airy
Mar 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-mm
Lucy Lennox' universe is one of my happy places. There is a war going on, so I need happy places and I am not in a mood to criticize anything. I loved the story, it was cute and sweet and I really rooted for them.
I know there are things that might bother me in other circumstances but as I said, right now first and foremost I need a happy place and this was it.
Jacqueleen ♡
Thank you for loving me...You're the greatest gift of my life."

That's just one example of all of the incredible heart in eyes swooney moments of this book. The bond between Julian and Parker was a thing of beauty...and that was true before they changed from best friends to lovers. Julian has been in love with his straight best friend Parker for most of their lives. The two of them have known each other since kindergarten. They are incredibly close, as close as two people can be with the ex
Jillian Rose
Feb 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Athira
Mar 02, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, awesome-series
I love best friends to lovers and this book perfectly portrayed the trope!!! Julian and Parker have been bestfriends since childhood and it was amazing to see the bond between them.

Julian has been in love with Parker for years and oh how I love the pining! I love how Parker slowly realises his feelings. We meet some of the couples from the previous books too as they are all friends and I'm very glad about that.

The trust and love between Parker and Julian is one of the best things in thos book.

• Hand Picked (Sunday Brothers #2)
  • More Than Enough (Pelican Bay #4)
  • Pushing the Limits (Secrets Kept, #2)
  • Taken by Storm (Palm Island #2)
  • Boyfriend Goals
  • Jilted: Jaren (The Foster Brothers #1)
  • Irresponsible Puckboy (Puckboys, #2)
  • Perfect Ten (The Off Season #1)
  • You & Me
  • Wicked Heat (Chicago Heat, #1)
  • Crankshaft (Big Bull Mechanics #1)
  • Egotistical Puckboy (Puckboys, #1)
  • Frat Wars: Master of Mayhem (Frat Wars #2)
  • Rookie Move (Playing for Keeps, #1)
  • Hired: Hadley (The Foster Brothers #2)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 5
  • Hot Seat (The Hot Cannolis #1)
  • Roommate Arrangement (Divorced Men's Club, #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
I write M/M romance with humor, heart, and heat. Check out my backlist here on GR for a selection of series and standalone or visit www.LucyLennox.com!

I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Aster Valley (4 books)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Sweet as Honey (Aster Valley, #2)
  • Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)