Start by marking “Cruel Dynasty” as Want to Read:
Cruel Dynasty

Cruel Dynasty

(The Dynasties #2)

I made a deal. One year of my life pretending to be a rich aristocrat in exchange for ten million pounds. Enough money to start over somewhere new. Enough money to disappear forever. It sounded simple, but being Kerrigan Belmond is more dangerous than I expected.

Her world isn’t as perfect behind closed doors as it is on paper. I didn’t just sell one year of my life, I sol
Published July 27th 2021 by Estate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Dynasty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel Dynasty

Start your review of Cruel Dynasty
Caitlin
THAT ENDING?!?! So good and I need more NOW. This is the second book in The Dynasties series ans takes place directly after London Dynasty. More secrets are revealed in this book but it still leaves you wanting to know more. I really enjoyed Cruel Dynasty and I can't wait for Secret Dynasty. ...more
Michelle
Jul 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG. Mind blown. This story just keeps getting more and more intense! I love that this second installment wasn’t just a bunch of filler to get us to the conclusion, but real storyline.

And, just when you think you have something figured out, it all changes. Last book we thought Holden was an insensitive cad, and now we know why. Funny how he is the one with all the hidden depth this book.

Spencer and Kate/Kerrigan still have tons of chemistry, but I have to question his motives about some of his
Live, Laugh, Love
Jul 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Just... Woah...
Be prepared for a giant cliffhanger.
Diana~ (Kiss Me Books)
Cruel Dynasty is the second book in The Dynasties trilogy by Geneva Lee and it was a heartbreaking and shocking one, especially after that explosive twist ending. The story immediately picks up after London Dynasty and Kate/Kerrigan is still conflicted over her growing feelings for both Spencer and Holden. There were a lot of revelations in this book and I've come to the conclusion that I much prefer Kerrigan to be with Holden instead of Spencer. I've always had, ever since their "first" meeting ...more
Siobhan
Jul 15, 2021 rated it liked it
I’m going to be honest and say that Cruel Dynasty did not wow me in the way I had hoped. The first book had such an interesting idea and I happily powered through it. Although this second book was also a quick read, it was lacking.

In fact, I’d go so far as to say this was a filler book. Very little happened in this one, with much of the book seeming to be dedicated in linking this series to the author’s other work. I’m fine with this kind of thing – I adore crossover between series – but I feel
Lauren Luman
Jul 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Omg that cliffhanger made my eyes bug out!!!!

Lee is the queen of crazy cliffhangers! Cruel Dynasty is the second installment of the trilogy. So many secrets are revealed and we get 2 really cool cameos! It's also hotter and more thrilling than Lee's previous series!

And I'm not really into love triangles but this one just pulls you in and you don't know which guy you want to root for lol. It almost makes you want her to pick both!

I loved the pacing of the story and it was super sexy. I can’t wa
Heather Rada
Jul 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Omg that plot twist! I don’t want to spoil anything but this is hands down a must read series/book!!!! I absolutely love Kerrigan, Spencer and Holden - this book has been the most crazy and exhilarating ride. There are so many questions and so many turns of events that literally had me on the edge of my seat devouring every word. I’m not sure how I will survive waiting for the next book! Geneva has never let me down with any of her books but I can absolutely say that this might be my favorite th ...more
Nicole
Jul 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating 4.5— Well that ending had me like 😱🤯🤯 Wait what?! Ahhhhh!! I went in knowing this would end on a cliffhanger because let’s be honest it’s Geneva’s thing and she gets you EVERY SINGLE TIME!! Wow! It was good and still had me gasping and my jaw dropping at certain parts🥵😏🔥I really hope we get a certain scene in the next book, if you read this book you know what I’m talking about😏😉

I was so happy and excited to see that cameo appearance from a special someone (I won’t say who because I
Tash
Jul 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
London Dynasty killed me with the way it end. It did nothing to prepare me for the ending of this book. This book just kept giving and honestly left me on a high note until my mood was killed by that cliffhanger, leaving to reconcile myself .
K is back trying to navigate the world she fall into . After the events of London Dynasty, Cruel Dynasty throws us deep in the tangled mess that K is creating for Kerrigan. The world she can't quite get a grip on . The world that keeps giving her challenges
G
Jul 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Remember that scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when the priest rips out the guy's heart and holds it in his hand. Geneva Lee, you have ripped mine out and are holding it. Seriously, the third book cannot be released soon enough.

Some of you were just dropped into this review for Cruel Dynasty, and if you haven't already read London Dynasty, back it up there buddy. You need to meet the players before you can enter the game. Lee's cliffhanger at the end of London leads to a saucy start
whatjtreads
Jul 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Was 10 million pounds worth my soul?”

“Love isn't always about what you want. Not when it's real. When it's real, sometimes it's about what they want.”

“She was joy and chaos rolled into the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.”

“Spencer wants her pedigree. You want her love. There’s no room for me.”

“Such a lady on my arm, and when you’re on your knees? You’re every fantasy I’ve ever had.”

This book was so good, and it brought up so many questions! The author is setting up for a big reveal, and I c
Sarah - Book of Roses
What an easy (and steamy) read! Read within 12 hours. Thank you Greys Promotions for providing an ARC to this sequel in The Dynasties trilogy.

I was able to read London Dynasty before jumping into this sequel - Please note this sequel does jump off right where London Dynasty left off so you must read that book before starting this one.

Kate is still trying hard to be an actress and "be Kerrigan" but continues to struggle leaving her feelings out of it. Especially with a wealthy handsome fiance on
Claire Cronin
Jul 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in this trilogy, picking up directly after London Dynasty. Soo much going on in this one, lots of plot twists and a humdinger of an ending!!

Kate/Kerrigan is still confused over her relationship with both Spencer and Holden. There are lots of revelations about both of these two in this one, which causes a bit of a role reversal for these two. Holden came across in the first book as being a player and a piece of work, yet in this one he has much more depth and as we learn about his past rel
Little monster
Jul 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the The Dynasties trilogy and this story immediately picks up right where we left off from London Dynasty. Kate/Kerrigan is still stuck in the middle between the two twin brothers, Spencer and Holden and is conflicted not just for her feelings for both of these brothers, but also for the role of Kerrigan she is being paid for to play.

There was a lot going on in this book, so many secrets and revelations come out! The mystery behind Kerrigan's disappearance finally get
Lisa
Jul 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In this second installment, the mysteries continue with this trilogy and I am still hooked to see what will happen next.

In this installment, Kate is still playing her role as Kerrigan but her feelings for the brothers, Spencer and Holden, continue to plague her. The chemistry between all three of them is as alive in this book as it was in the last installment and also left me with more questions about the relationship between the three of them. Kate is thrust further into Kerrigan's life and is
Kim
Jul 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me .. WHAT KIND OF CLIFFHANGER IS THIS !! Wow just wow !! I never, ever, ever thought i5 was going to end over the cliff like this and boy is it GOOD !! 10 STAR RIGHT HERE and we still have one more book to goooooo ….

The dynamics between these three individuals is off the charts .. Spencer and Kerrigan (Kate) are dynamic together even with nit knowing each other for both different reasons but they want and need the same goal. In walks Holden and he is maybe the glue that holds her togethe
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cruel Dynasty picks right back up where London Dynasty left off, so you have to read them in order. And since it's the second book, I'm not about to get into too much detail because there's a lot going on with a lot of moving parts showing out. It's also filled with secrets that don't make friends, a brother who has no clue while another brother knows all, and the pull to both of them is where Kate aka Kerrigan, finds herself. The twists & turns left me dropping f-bombs since it felt like one qu ...more
Laurie Anne
Jul 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G!! Geneva Lee doesn't play games with this series!! My mind was blown with that crazy twist at the end of this book!!! Why do I have to wait so long for the conclusion? Oh, yeah, because she is the Queen of cliffhangers and I love it!!

This book picks up immediately following book 1 and we find out that Holden KNOWS Kate is not Kerrigan!!
Wait, what???? You think you know what's going on, but, no, no you don't!

Spencer seems like the perfect man, right? And Holden is just his carefree sexy, pl
Meghann | Bookstagrammer
An explosive second book to the Dynasty series. This book picks up right where book one leaves off and we find out a little bit more about the Belmonds, and the Byrds.

Kate is still filling the role of Kerrigan Belmond until she returns, but that world is getting more and more difficult to navigate. She is starting to question everything, even her heart.

This book ends on a doozy of a cliffhanger - so be warned! I got to the end and practically cried because I needed more!!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I read thi
Nickie Sale
Jul 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of the Dynasty Trilogy and wow does it pack a punch !! Kate who being paid to pretend she is Kerrigan Belmond is faced with many issues. She not only has to sort out wedding plans for Kerrigan to marry Spencer Bryd, but has to deal with Holden Spencer’s twin brother who Kate thinks knows her secret that she is not Kerrigan. She risks losing a huge amount of $$$$ if Holden blows the whistle on her. There’s some fantastic play between Kate and the brothers, some of which I find very bothers ...more
arcticbooklover
Jul 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
By the end of London Dynasty I had some suspicions, by the end of Cruel Dynasty I felt like I was on the right track with my thoughts BUT are now left with so many more questions. And I can't mention some things without giving away spoilers.
And we have to wait for the conclusion - in true Geneva Lee fashion C.D ended with another cliffhanger (as if that was a surprise, quite used to it by now lol)
Ana Paiva
Jul 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t stop reading! When I read London Dynasty, I got stucked with all the characters and the cliffhanger at the end was mindblowing, but Cruel Dinasty exceeded expectations!
We can feel exactly what Kate is feeling, is almost as we are her own mind and it’s kind of an obsession about the story that involves Kerrigan and the twins and what will happen next!
Geneva was brilliant in this saga and I can’t wait for Secret Dynasty and everything the last chapter of this saga will bring!
Sarah~ Book Obsession Confessions
⭐️3.5 STARS⭐️
In this second book of a trilogy we get some answers to a major plot point from the first.
The first left on a big old cliffhanger!
There are still many questions and mystery everywhere.
I don’t know how I feel about some characters, my feelings keep changing. I’m curious to see how it all plays out.
There’s good chemistry between the characters.
I’m suspicious of everyone at this point.
I don’t know who is trustworthy. Who is what they seem.
There’s questions lingering. Twists and turns
Dayang
Jul 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5⭐️

I've been waiting in dire anticipation for this book to hit my kindle ever since I turned the last page of the book 1.

The story just keeps on getting better and better.

First book was a slow burn. I had to re-read it before I dove in for book 2. And book 2 just hit it right off the park.

Even now I'm more confused and torn. As confused and torn as Kerrigan/Kate.

Like I never know could anticipate what happens in the chapter.

Will she have both brothers? If not, will she choose Spencer or Holden?
Kirsten
Jul 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Geneva Lee, Cruel Dynasty is an amazing continuation of a fabulous series that I could not put down! This story just bring about the more layers to the mystery of Kerrigan. Kate begins to learn more about the life she is supposed to be living and the people Kerrigan had in her life. This is just an amazing story that is just adding to an amazing trilogy!
Lana-White Hot Reads
Jul 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The twist and turns in this book are like being on a rollercoaster. Lana~White Hot Reads

Kerrigan, Spencer and Holden are all together in secrets like a sticky spider web. Kerrigan is starting to realize what she has signed up. Spencer is trying to be the "best" twin and Holden just wants a chance. The chemistry between all three of them is smokin hot and of course the ending your like WTF. Need the conclusion ASAP.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Cruel Dynasty by Geneva Lee is book Two in The Dynasties Trilogy. This continues the story of Kate who is pretending to be Kerrigan Belmond. Things are starting to get sticky with the brothers Spencer and Holden. Kate is pretending to be Spencer's future wife Kerrigan but she thinks his twin brother knows her secret. This series have been a page turning read that doesn't end here. This book does end setting us up for the next installment into this Trilogy. ...more
marshas_world_of_books
Jul 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I spent the majority of this book bracing myself for something explosive, I just had this feeling that something was coming, and lord did it. The way this book ended is with a crazy cliffhanger, and I need answers! I spent most of the book hating Spencer. With each chapter he took on more of a dirtbag vibe, trying to push Kerrigan into situations she didn’t want to be in. Holden, I think I officially love him. I absolutely loved this book and would totally recommend it!You’ll definitely want to ...more
HIEVE
Jul 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
What the heck did just happened?? That plot twist ? Wow ! Never saw that coming. I'm so confused and nervous the same time after that cliffy ending. I'm high and speechless. Mind-blowing! Kudos to Geneve Lee this second installment is really good. It's intriguing and its getting way more intense. The anticipation is climbing up to the highest level ! Can't wait to find out what will happen next.

I don't want to give way much of the book but to say you guys need to read this blind and ASAP !! Hig
Ashley Cestra
Jul 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
You know that feeling where you’re at dinner and the waiter is taking foreverrrr to bring the check, and you just want to run over and grab it from him because your movie starts in 10 mins? That’s how I feel right now, WHERE IS BOOK 3!!!!!!
I loved everything that unfolded in this story, how it picked right back up from where book 1 ended, the twists that were towards the end and let’s not forget the giant bomb on the last page! I am beyond invested in this story and I NEEED to know what happens
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Net Worth
  • Ruined Sinner (Hellfire Club, #4)
  • Fallen Rose (Beauty and the Beast Trilogy, #3)
  • Untamed
  • The Ravishing
  • Wild War (Dirty Wild, #2)
  • Tell Me You Want Me
  • Hold Me (Love The Way, #2)
  • The Dancer (Broken Slipper #2)
  • Private Player
  • White Ribbon (Sin #0.5)
  • Hard to Love (Play Hard, #5)
  • Skyscraper Cinderella
  • Lucius
  • Taken
  • Ravaged With You (Stark Security, #7)
  • Strict Confidence (Rochester Trilogy #2)
  • The Edge of Chaos
Geneva Lee is the New York Times, USA Today, and internally bestselling author of over a dozen novels. Her bestselling Royals Saga has sold over one million copies worldwide. She is the co-owner of Away With Words, a destination bookstore in Poulsbo, Washington. When she isn’t traveling, she can usually be found writing, reading, or buying another pair of shoes.

The Dynasties (3 books)
  • London Dynasty
  • Secret Dynasty (The Dynasties, #3)