Start by marking “Hearts of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hearts of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy, #1)

Hearts of Darkness

(The Santiago Trilogy #1)

“First, Dante Santiago held a gun to my head. Then he blew my world apart …”

He’s a criminal with no conscience. The whisper of a name, a faceless stranger… A man content to dwell in the shadows of his underworld.

Audiobook, 330 pages
Published May 14th 2021 by Pink Flamingo Productions, LLC (first published August 17th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts of Darkness, please sign up.
Catherine Wiltcher Yes!! I'm writing it right now with a view for a December release date! CW XX…moreYes!! I'm writing it right now with a view for a December release date! CW XX(less)
Catherine Wiltcher Hi! Yes, it's available right now on Amazon.com!

CW x…more
Hi! Yes, it's available right now on Amazon.com!

CW x(less)

Start your review of Hearts of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Handmaiden ⚓️
Low 2 - 2.5 Stars

This was a mildly decent read for me...I picked it up because someone told me it gave Anna Zaires a run for her money. So obviously I was expecting greatness and probably had my expectations a little too high. Unfortunately, this felt like a very average mafia romance. The insta-lust was a little too strong and not offset by enough psychological/relational character-building to make it feel rooted and visceral enough for me.

I originally intended to power through the whole serie
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews

Hearts of Darkness by Catherine Wiltcher
GENRE: Dark Mafia Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Book #1 The Santiago Trilogy.
AUDIO AVAILABLE? No

MY REVIEW

This is one of those stories that draws you in from the beginning, its immediately sets the pace for an intriguing and intensely dark storyline. This is precisely the type of books I love to read. Eve and Dante have a fierce passion and instant chemistry.

Dante is the epitome of dominance, he is coated in authority and has that danger
ellie
Jul 18, 2021 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-brain-cells
dnf @ 11%

(the amount of books i have dnfed recently💀)

can i just read one captor/captive romance where there is some sort of defiance and contempt from the captive and zero insta-lust/love? i have a physical aversion to heroines who drop their knickers for the guy who’s just kidnapped them (no matter how attractive he is— even tho for the majority for their interaction she hasn’t even seen his face yet😭).

gimme some zest? some flavour? literally anything other than a heroine who’s decision-making
Fre06 Begum
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 ❤️🖤❤️❤️ ⚡️🧨💥⚡️🌟🌟🌟🌟s❗️❣️❗️❣️

Let me introduce you to Dante Santiago.
He might be tall, handsome and well built, but he is a monster beneath that savage, beautiful mask. Decency and compassion are dead to him.
Dante Santiago is is a very bad man.

Accidentally he met Eve Miller. A sassy and feisty reporter who defies him at every step.
The light to his darkness.
Their connection and chemistry are by far explosive.

“He’s the man of my dreams.
He’s the devil from my nightmares.” Eve

“I’ll be a husk of
Carla Bulian
This book was just fine. Predictable.
Catherine Wiltcher
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
"This is not your sweet, passionate love story. This is raw, deep down in your soul passion" - Up All Night With Books

US: https://amzn.to/2S70aVh

Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 10-stars, favorites
This book is amazing!
description

I loved Dante Santiago! He's the perfect anti-hero character, so dark and daring! And hot. And sexy... Did I say hot already?
The plot was wonderful. The female protagonist Eve Miller was very likeable and exactly the type of heroine I adore.

Congratulations to the author for such a wonderful job!
Milica's Bookshelf
4.5❤️
I have a new addiction.
His name is Dante. Dante Santiago. 🔥

Jenn (The Book Refuge)
Wowza. Just as good as everyone said.

5/5 stars
Lucía
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the mafia part of this book but the relationship between the MCs was too insta-love, like they fucked 2 times and they were ❤️the one❤️ 🤦🏼‍♀️

Also the heroine was so annoying; spends 10 times rambling about how she doesn’t want to have sex with the H and then with one simple touch she comes undone, like girly, shut up, stop lying and wasting pages.
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia, romance
Fun fact, I am a SUCKER for any kind of Mafia romance. Recently I haven't been able to find anything at all interesting with actual substance and genuinely found myself asking - have I read all the decent Mafia romance? Then I saw this book recommended by another Mafia author I really respect and what can I say... I finished the whole trilogy at 05:00am this morning. The heroine was a breath of fresh air, I enjoyed the push and pull dynamic in the romance and the story kept me hooked the whole t ...more
“Human”
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! This was fantastic!!!!

MUST READ ALERT! ❤️❤️❤️

One of the best mafia books I’ve EVER read! Perfect grit and so fucking sexy... like beyond sexy. Smoldering perfection! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

The storyline, plot, and pacing were perfect! I wasn’t bored for a single second! I find myself trudging along in book land lately, nothing is fresh, nothing is surprising. I needed something that just grabbed my attention and didn’t let go. This was IT!!!!

An amazing new author, who I found completely b
Coco.V
Feb 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/16/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
“First, Dante Santiago held a gun to my head. Then he blew my world apart …”

I’m the light to his dark, an investigative reporter intent on exposing dangerous men like him. We were worlds apart until I caught his attention. Now I’m his captive, kept at the whim of a devil with no kindness or morality.

I may be an innocen
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Eve first encounters Dante one night in a liquor store when he holds a gun to her head. Really interesting way to meet a girl huh? Her next encounter with him is just as equally terrifying and instead of walking away from him, she finds herself captive in his home.

Okay, so a freaking terrifying experience for Eve but this scary man has something about him. Danger, arrogance, domination and really fucking sexy are a few words that come to mind. All of this is confusing Eve's senses and messing wi
Villains Do It Better
2 DNF at 60% Stars

This isn't a terrible book, but it was very lackluster. The hero is super possessive which I love, but other than that, I had a hard time connecting with the story and characters. It was very insta love, and I was trying to get past that, but she was literally implying he was starting to "hold her heart" after like 3 days of her "captivity" and of knowing him, 2 of which he was completely gone for. They also spoke in too many analogies like comparing her lightness and his darkn
skulls121973
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Good news I did find myself a jem with this book and author, I was sucked in from the very first page till the last, I loved the characters, the dark story line and everything in between lol ...... only thing I’m p****ed about is I’ve got to wait till June for the 3rd and last book in trilogy ....bloody damn it to Dante hell lol

This is a dark romance so it’s quite brutal with violence and sex be warned but add it to your read list lol
poppy
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ng
This is my first book by Catherine and it will not be my last I just love a good dark read and this one did not disappoint. I loved Eve and Dante's book it pulled me in right from the very start and I ended up reading it late into the night. If like me you like a good Bada** then you are just going to love Dante. I cannot wait to read the rest of the trilogy. ...more
Aysha
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
wondering why this was mostly all 5 stars
Tzelina
4 🌟
"I’m here with you, my angel… Always."

Excellent read..I loved it!!!
The writing style of Catherine Wiltcher is simply fucking amazing!!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Good and bad has never been more blurry…

What happens when your heart leads you down a path that could be your ruin? What if the light tries to pull you from a darkness that you can never leave? Dante and Eve’s story is love’s struggle between evil and good, revenge and forgiveness, dark and light… Does this sound intense? Then I’m describing it exactly right as this story was an emotional struggle between doing what you feel is right and following your heart…

From the opening pages, Dante and Eve
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
OMG!! This story was INCREDIBLE and legit came out of nowhere for me. I absolutely loved Hearts of Darkness. I seriously was hooked on every word of this story and seriously can't wait for book two!!

I absolutely fell in love with Dante and Eve and loved their fiery passion and connection. Mafia and cartel stories are my absolute favorite stories and this author seriously moved to the top of my list. Dante was alpha and dominant and sexy and he met his match with the only woman who brought him to
Mar-Mar bookaholic
Can I get some Hallelujah here!

Too bad I'm too lazy to try with those gif around here. Okay, I have never used any gifs here but I want to but again damn I have to search whole internet for apt emotions. I don't even know which ones here are accurate.

I'm guessing this owl whith an open mouth and some dude who's giving a round of applause. Oh, and that chubby blond girl who's banging some crazy moves with that weird half tutu.

That said, I cannot believe I felt in the beginning that this is going
BG
"You are my everything, Eve Miller,” he declares. “If I thought myself capable of those three words I’d give them back to you, I swear it.”

“It’s ok,” I whisper, tightening my grip around his neck. “Until that time I’ll love enough for the both of us.”

This was astounding! I was hooked from the first word. The writing style, the characters, the pace all of it was unbelievably perfect. Catherine Wiltcher has a remarkable talent of weaving such a tale that it makes you forget that it is fictional.
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
Hearts of Darkness

This was a new author for me and I am just blown away! This book is amazing. It’s suspenseful, sexy, and action-packed. Dante is everything I love in a hero... so lethal and scary, but loyal and passionate too. Gah! I love him so much. And Eve... ahh I just love a strong heroine. Her growth throughout this book is awesome! I can’t wait to see her continue to grow into a true devil’s queen in the next two books. I am DYING to know what happens next!
100sweet
I enjoyed reading this and will definitely be continuing the series. However, I didn't like that the h cycled between liking the H and despising him. The H, on the other hand, was stalkerificly insane for the h which I LOVED. ...more
Alexandraa W
OKAY WOW... I DIDN’T EXPECT THIS BOOK TO BE GREAT BUT OMG! IT IS GREAT 😍😍😍

MAFIA MOBB BOSS HERO!

I love this whole story and the vibe...

- I LOVE THAT WHEN THE HERO WAS DOING something else at the time (working) AND HE FIRST SAW THE HEROINE AND IMMEDIATELY WANTS HER... IMMEDIATELY HE FEELS that the heroine is someone very important to him and HE FEELS THE PULL THAT THE HEROINE GIVES HIM! Omg.... omg

- THE STORY BEGINS VERY MUCH WHAT I WANT! The hero put a gun on the heroine’s head and tells her swee
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦

Hearts of Darkness by Catherine Wiltcher is a dark, unpredictable love story of good vs evil. Love vs hate. It’s dark, dangerous, and utterly addictive. If you’re looking for a hauntingly dark tale of lust, drugs, sex, revenge, and bloodlust. . . this book is for you.

"I've shown you how the devil makes love, my angel. . . now its high time you fucked a monster."

“I’m a Santiago, a wanted man with a voracious bloodlust. . .”

Dante Santiago is the devil. When his name is whisp
Kristy Mills
I started this book a couple months ago, but I only read the first 2 chapters before I had to make myself stop. I knew with those first chapters that I wouldn’t be able to stop reading this until I finished the series. So I waited for a time I knew I wouldn’t have to stop myself.

Low and behold, a couple months later we are all in self quarantine due to Covid-19. I pulled this sucker out and I was right. I couldn’t put it down. I’m making myself write this review before I start the next book. I
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Hearts of Darkness by Catherine Wiltcher is book One in The Santiago Trilogy. This is the story of Dante Santiago and Eve Miller.
Dante is criminal with a question mark for a heart but something happened to put that mark there. But when he takes Eve who was at the wrong place at the wrong time he knows there is something about her that he can't stay away from. Eve was a great and made the hardness in Dante soften some but he was still a strong alpha male doing his 'job'.
This book takes you into

• Bad Blood (Corrupt Gods Duet, #1)
  • Tainted Blood (Corrupt Gods Duet, #2)
  • Born Sinner (A Corrupt Gods Novella)
  • Faded Gray Lines  (Carrera Cartel #2)
  • Blurred Red Lines (Carrera Cartel, #1)
  • Drawn Blue Lines (Carrera Cartel, #3)
  • The Carrera Cartel (Carrera Cartel, #1-3 + Bonus)
  • The Fall of Sin (The Sins of Saint, #2)
  • Vow of Deception (Deception Trilogy, #1)
  • Tempted by Deception (Deception Trilogy, #2)
  • Consumed by Deception (Deception Trilogy, #3)
  • Until Tomorrow Comes (Beauty in Lies, #1)
  • The Sins of Saint (The Sins of Saint, #3)
  • Survival (Stronger, #2)
  • Playette
  • Cast Stones
  • Pervade Montego Bay  (Pervade Duet, #2)
  • Ensnared (The Mafia's Prisoner, #1)
See top shelves…
Catherine Wiltcher is a bestselling author of eighteen dark romance novels, including the Santiago Trilogy. A stage 4 cancer thriver and a former TV Producer, she writes flawed characters who always fall hard and deep for one another, whatever the cost.

She lives in the UK with her husband and two young daughters. If she ever found herself stranded on a desert island she'd like a large pink gin to

The Santiago Trilogy (3 books)
  • Hearts Divine (The Santiago Trilogy #2)
  • Hearts On Fire (The Santiago Trilogy #3)