Start by marking “Keeping You” as Want to Read:
Keeping You

Keeping You

(The Chikalu Falls #2)

I never should have slept with Colin McCoy.

When I moved to my sister’s small town, I was looking for a fresh start—no more shallow relationships, no snotty fake friends, and definitely no charming, dirty-talking musicians.

We had a fun, red-hot night together and we agreed that hooking up was a mistake, a one-time thing. But when my dream bakery location happens to be rig
Kindle Edition
Published September 10th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Keeping You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping You

Start your review of Keeping You
Shelby
After unexpectedly quitting her job, Honey James is in desperate need of a fresh start to rediscover who she is & what she wants, so Honey moves to her sister’s small town, Chikalu Falls. The last time Honey visited her sister, she hooked up with hot bachelor & bar owner, Colin McCoy and with Honey’s return, it’s clear the chemistry hasn’t been lost between them.

Honey’s always been an avid baker and now that she needs a new career, she decides to take a leap & open her own bakery. And Honey jus
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
This was a hot swoon worthy story. I loved Honey and Colin together.

Honey just quit her job and she is ready to start all over. So she moves to a small town called Chikalu Falls and bonus its where her sister is. Maybe she might also run into her one night stand, Colin. Colin and Honey had a one night when Honey was visiting her sister a while back and even though they had loads of chemistry they just couldn’t do the long distance. But now that Honey was back maybe she leaves all that in the pas
Elsie Silver
Aug 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to beta read this book and I absolutely adored it! Small town heat, a dreamy alpha, and a sassy heroine--that's my catnip right there. Bravo, Lena. ...more
Terri
Sep 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This small town romance melted my heart. I adored Honey right from the start. She was sassy, confident, and caring and just looking for her place in the world. Colin was a bartender with the voice of a angel trying to make up for past mistakes. Together these two were perfect. I loved how smitten they were with each other. The only thing that I didn’t like about these two was the lack of communication! I know there had to be some angst but I got so frustrated, although I will admit I love how it ...more
Sally
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story pulled on my heartstrings! I always review based on my feelings, and Colin & Honey gave me all the feels.

Honey moves to be closer to her sister (Joanna from the first book) and to start over, she has a list of self commitments and she’s determined to stick to them…until the local bar owner Colin comes into the picture, in a previous visit Honey and Colin connected in a way that has stayed with them both, their heat and chemistry is off the charts but will that be enough.

Honey has vow
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Amazon Worldwide

Honey has come to town to start over. She needs to do something with her life and that means no men, no dating, and definitely no Colin, the man she's trying to avoid but can't seem to successfully stay away from. Can she and Colin actually make it work? Even in the face of what could be the one obstacle that's unforgivable?

I loved Honey and Colin together, even at their non-communicative worst. Though their back and forth was frustrating, they were ente
Lou Loves Literature
Sep 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I do love a small town romance, and I was definitely not disappointed with this one!
The little town of Chikalu Falls is absolutely charming, and with all the good looking men described it makes me wonder what's in the water there?!!
Honey blew up her city girl life in spectacular fashion, forcing her to reevaluate what she really wants out of life. Going to stay with her sister in the small town of Chikalu for a while is just what she needs.
Colin hasn't been able to forget about Honey since her l
mimi_reads
Aug 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Oh what a great book! I loved the writing, it was so funny and witty throughout. I absolutely loved the relationship between Honey and her sister Jo, it reminded me so much of my sisters and I.

Colin and Honey were smoking hot together and I really enjoyed reading their story. I will admit the lack of communication between these two drove me crazy, each time they chickened out from having an important conversation I just wanted to scream at them 😂

Can’t wait to see what comes next in Chikalu Fall
Jennifer Bishop
Sep 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this series and was very excited for this second book. And I am here to tell you, I was not disappointed. I loved it!

This is such a fantastic read, and is so well written! Colin and Honey are amazing characters and the storyline is too good to be put down! I loved the emotion, the wit, the steam, and the sexual tension and chemistry are off the charts!

I absolutely recommend this book and will be excitedly awaiting more from this incredible author!
Jess
Sep 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book from Lena that I have read and I loved it! It set in Chikalu falls again with Jo’s sister Honey and the owner of the local bar Colin! This is a small town romance and you really get the feel of the small town with the mix of characters. I loved the Chikalu Chatter chapters, the local news (gossip!) reels thrown in every few chapters!

A great second book, and I am looking forward to the next book, Protecting You!
Anna Reads Here
Release Date: September 10th

You’ll enjoy:
» Friends with benefits
» An incredible small town
» Second chances
» Breaking all the rules
» A broody, swoony pining hero
» A tough as nails, badass baking heroine
» Incredible host of supporting characters

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

CW/TW: Mentions of suicide

Review:
“Honey, you aren’t just some girl. When you’re here, in my home, I can feel it. Every part of me knows it. I’m just waiting for you to catch up.”

I thought Lena Hendrix had smacked me in the f
Alexandra (lostinpagesforever)
Shelves: arc
This book is so beautiful written, with amazing and complex characters, and it was such a pleasure reading it. Lena has a way with words that make you a fan in matter of seconds.

This was such a beautiful reading experience, it has been a while since I’ve read a book that had me giggling so hard.
This book is one of those books, which you want to read of forever and never reaching the end. It is so good, with great writing and amazing characters. The plot is well defined, the action is not rushe
Krista Webster
Sep 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Keeping You is the second book in the Chikalu Falls series. In Finding You we met Lincoln and Joanna, this time we have her sister Honey and LIncoln’s best friend Colin McCoy. A sweet small town, friends with benefits story that also deals with the hard issues of grief and guilt. The couple are good fun and I enjoyed following their ups and downs as Colin is desperate to keep Honey.

Honey is extroverted and quite a character compared to her older sister. She gave up her dreams when she fell in l
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage
Sep 09, 2021 rated it really liked it

Alexandria  Redmourn
Sep 07, 2021 rated it liked it
3 ⭐
3 🌶

ahh, so close and yet so far. i did enjoy this book, but to a point. it had a strong beginning with a take-no-nonsense female lead that i adored and then we met the charming male lead with a disarming pearly white smile and swoon-worthy eyes. honey, a name i haven't come across because and colin.

this started off strong for me, with colin and honey having hooked up several months ago and then separated on good terms as honey was in town, only for a short while to help her sister, and neithe
Maureen
Sep 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, small-town
When I first read the book description about ‘Keeping You’, I knew this was a book I wanted to read. I love small town stories. And there just was something about this book that called to me. So I was super excited when I received an ARC. And as soon as possible I started reading.

In ‘Keeping You’ we read the story of Honey and Colin. Honey has always been underestimated. After losing her opportunity to go to cooking school because of a guy, she kind of lost her way. Now she has just quit her cur
Kira
Sep 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Title: Keeping You (Chikalu Falls Book Two)
Author: Lena Hendrix
Hero/Heroine: Colin & Honey
Trope: Small Town Romance

THE GOOD 😁

I didn’t think that Lena Hendrix could top the greatness that was Lincoln and Jo, but that’s exactly what she’s done with Keeping You. Both battling their own personal demons, Colin and Honey were such a gorgeous couple, I couldn’t help but root for them.
After quitting her job in the most spectacular fashion (think flipping her boss off whilst downing a mimosa and you’d be
Tabitha
Sep 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Received an arc and this is my first read by Lena Hendrix. It is part of a series but each is a standalone. Although, I will say it made me want to go back and read the previous book because I am slightly obsessed with Jo and Linc's story.

This story, however, is all about Honey and Colin. Honey work in PR but not for long. She hates her boss and realizes what a soulless job she's in and quits in spectacular fashion. Now with no job and no prospects she decides to move to the small town she spen
Daisy Knox

All reviews posted at Tales of Love, Life, and Murder

I was excited to read Honey and Colin’s story after meeting them in an earlier book and this did not disappoint. Honey has sworn off men and isn’t interested in a relationship as she tries to reinvent her life. Colin gave up on his dream due to family stuff and carries a lot of guilt. I expected tons of angst because of the one-night-stand and their individual histories, but it really wasn’t that at all so I was pleasantly surprised. Honey and
Sunny Shelly Reads
Another great book from Lena Hendrix! I adored her debut novel, Finding You, and have been looking forward to Keeping You. Honey is Jo's sister from Finding You, and I was excited to read her story, see how she starts her life over in Chickalu Falls after a career faux pas in big-city Butte. She'd had a one-night stand with Colin before Keeping You takes place, and I loved seeing how this second-chance romance came together.

Honey had big plans when she moved to Chickalu. She was kind of flighty
Meredith
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Keeping You by Lena Hendrix is the first book that I've read by her and I loved her writing. I thought he was able to write a compelling story that hooked me right after I started reading. I already have downloaded book one in this series, Finding You, and I can't wait to start reading it.
When Honey James quits her soul sucking job on a whim, in a spectacular manner she doesn't know what she's going to with her life now. It doesn't help that her ex boss said she'd never amount to anything and h
Camille (bookish.cami)
Sep 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Lena Hendrix and I’m so glad that I found her and read this book. Nothing quite like a Small town romance, swoon worthy romance , and the chemistry between Honey and Colin is off the charts!

I couldn’t wait to start this read and once I did I didn’t want to stop, I stayed up way to late kept telling myself “one more chapter “

Honey gave up a dream growing up to follow a boy, she finds herself in a job she settles for then she notices just how much she lost the person she
Booked on Lattes
Sep 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Keeping you has all things I love about a Hallmark movie, with a lot of NSFH (not safe for Hallmark) parts! In other words, a perfect combination! It includes an almost famous country singer who has returned to his small hometown and opened a bar, a jaded city girl who goes to the same small town to reinvent herself and ends opening a bakery next door, with a funny group of friends and meddling townsfolk that have the best of intentions.

This was kind of a second chance book as Colin and Honey h
mum.reader.dreamer.4life
Aug 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh My! Warn your heart and prepare a cold shower because not only are things are heating up in Chikalu Falls, Montana, but Colin and Honey will steal your heart.

Damn... Bar owner Colin McCoy is a dirty-talking, guitar-playing, sexy and swoony god, and I'm so here for every delicious bit. This man at times had my heart aching, my pulse racing, and me laughing, smiling, and swooning hard.
Heroine Honey I adored. Her life may have taken a few unfavourable turns of late, but with a plan and a set of
Jenn the Readaholic
Aug 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
No sophomore slump here! While I was so impressed and enthralled with this author’s first book, I was almost afraid to hope for gold to be found twice within these pages. I shouldn’t have feared because holy cannoli, did she deliver!

Colin and Honey were so utterly fantastic, even a few withheld truths (they’re lies, Colin…really, they’re lies) couldn’t keep their love down for too long. She’s afraid to love, he’s afraid to see himself as worthy, and they fill in all the empty spaces and cracks
Ree
Sep 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this swoony romance. Honey & Colin burned up the pages, and the small town love and magic kept me hooked.

The book opens with a bang: Honey burns her professional bridges in Butte, Montana in a magnificent way. Feeling more than a little lost, she moves back to neighbouring Chikalu Falls to be with her sister... But insists it's only for awhile until she figures out what to do. While there, she creates a "Don't Do" list. On it is a reminder to stay away from Colin McCoy - the man she ho
Sarah Poulton
Sep 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in the Chikalu Falls series. This is an absolutely gorgeous small town romance that gives you all the feels. The writing has such warmth and creates a real small town ambience (it felt like Gilmore Girls without all the angst).

This is the story of the town's barkeeper Colin and new to town (and sister of Jo from Finding You) Honey. I adored their romance. I always love a hooked-after-a-one-night-stand-romance. These two had fierce chemistry. I just melted when they gave in to
Love Books Addict
Sep 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

POV: Dual (1st Person)
Tropes: Small town
Triggers: Bereavement, Suicide

Likes: Colin...I just love him! He carries so much guilt and heartache from a past family trauma, and yet still opens up his heart to Honey. Their relationship is both sweet and incredibly steamy! Plus I love the side characters in this series, it makes you want to be part of their world!

Dislikes: They could have maybe communicated a bit better, but it did all add to the drama!

Synopsis: Keeping You follows Honey, who m
Emma bramley
Sep 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

Keeping you (The Chikalu falls 2)

This is the second book in this series by this author. This book can be read as a stand alone read, i haven't read the first book in this series and I really enjoyed this story and didn't feel i had missed anything. This is the story of Colin and Honey, what a sweet couple, these two characters have a sweet romantic and hot chemistry between them. The characters are well developed and well written and you just fall in love with them from the start. This is a love
britts.bookish.bliss
Oct 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
If you love steamy small town romances this one is for you!

This was my first time reading a book by this Author and it won't be the last time. I really enjoyed 'Keeping You', will be going back to read the first book, and will absolutely read the rest of this series!

Colin McCoy will have you swooning! I adored everything about his character. He's a bar owner that can sing and talk sweet nothings... how could you not adore him. His back story was a little emotional, so you get all the feels in t
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Love Words (Landry Love, #4)
  • A Photo Finish (Gold Rush Ranch, #2)
  • The Deceit of a Devil (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #4)
  • Untamed Devil (Nashville Devils #2)
  • Heartless Player (Westfall U #1)
  • Romance By The Book (Soul Mates in Romeo Romance, #3)
  • Keeping You (Havenport #3)
  • The Boss (Men of Hidden Justice, #1)
  • The Taste of an Enemy (The Boys of Clermont Bay #3)
  • Not Without Your Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #7)
  • Say Yes to the Boss (New York Billionaires, #3)
  • Running on Diesel (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #8)
  • Under Pressure (The Kings of Kroydon Hills, #4)
  • Tell Me You Want Me
  • The Denial Game (Landry Love, #2)
  • Highland Games (Kinloch Series, #1)
  • The Experiment (Landry Love, #1)
  • Jingle Bell Hell (Bad Luck Club, #2)
Lena Hendrix is the author of hot as sin contemporary romance novels. Her love of romance started with her grandmother’s Harlequin paperbacks and now Lena’s stories are full of heart, humor, and plenty of strong Alphas with marshmallow insides-she likes her coffee hot and her heroes hotter!

Lena lives in the midwest with her husband, three children, and two derpy Australian Cattle Dogs. When she’s

The Chikalu Falls (2 books)
  • Finding You