Start by marking “Court Appointed: A Serving Love Story” as Want to Read:
Court Appointed: A Serving Love Story

Court Appointed: A Serving Love Story (Serving Love)

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  554 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Jackson knows he needs protection from a stalker, but the last thing he wants is to want his bodyguard.

After receiving several suspicious "gifts," His Honor Jackson Benedict is assigned an agent for protection. He'd be fine with a bodyguard...if he was anyone but the man who enters his courtroom looking hotter than any man has a right to look. Thank God Jackson's robe hide
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 100 pages
Published January 15th 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published January 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Court Appointed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Court Appointed

Gigi
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a re-read after first reading it in 2010. I remembered liking it much more the first time around, but I am going to leave my rating at a 4. This had insta-love within 24 hours and a very predictable storyline, but it was still very enjoyable. I believe my advanced experience with M/M books is why it didn't grab me like it did 4 years ago. But I can definitely still recommend it to M/M romance fans looking for a low angst love story.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.5*
This story wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either.
I guess I'm just OD'd on constant hard-ons when you hear his voice or see a smile! *sigh*
And I had trouble with a man whos job it is to protect a federal Judge from harm, and he has been threatened and there is proof his home was broken into, and all you can do, is try and blow him, while he is driving a car!
Never mind that he is not "out" and is in the middle of a very important case...sometimes I just can't turn my brain off.
The love
ke-sha
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book follows a judge who's been getting threats and an FBI agent assigned to protect him. Now before the story they've had there eyes on each other for a while and haven't done much about it until know.

Now Jackson was the Judge and we learn a lot more about him because its his life we have to go through to discover who's after him. I liked him and just wanted to give him a hug because he seems so lonely in his life.

Then we have Trey who's life seems to be less lonely and had almost the oppo
Jimmy Hanson
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, m-m, 2012
I've liked "Court Appointed" since the first time I read it, though I can't really place on why. Maybe because the two main characters have such wonderful and dynamic chemistry.

It's certainly not because of the actual story and plot. Well, maybe a bit of the story - the build up of suspense starts out well, until the first [few:] schmex scenes and then the 'threats' to Jackson practically disappear. Things get confusing a bit when Trey reviews all of the possible people against Jackson and their
Aubrey
Jan 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me by my mom and was a first for me, in three different ways. It was the first time I read a book on an electronic device, in this case my mom's jet book. It was the first "romance book." Though I've read many Nicholas Sparks books, they would still fall under general fiction. It was also the first gay romance I read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Reading it on a device wasn't so bad...though I do prefer the physical book, I now know I can handle a device. I loved the rel ...more
notyourmonkey
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Free from amazon. Better than many of the free erotica samples/shorts from amazon, with an actual frisson of tension between Our Heroes and a wee little mystery to boot, but a) it felt like the last third of a story, not in media res and 2) the unbelievably dodgy legal system stuff made my brain leak out my ears. I'm sorry; I cannot enjoy your sexy bits when you are honestly trying to suggest that a district court judge in his early thirties is a viable candidate for the USSC, gay or not.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Aug 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I enjoyed this story. The guys had chemistry and the sex was hot. It moved along nicely, until, what seemed rather suddenly, the culprit was apprehended, and it was over. So, while I wished it were a bit longer and more drawn out, it was very enjoyable.
jules0623
There was so much blood rushing to and from their cocks that I was starting to worry they'd do some permanent damage! I like a good instalove story but this just didn't do it for me.
Candice
I liked this, until it ended. Okay, I lied, it was just okay. Why? Because there was too much sex and not enough protecting. There were too many chances for the bad guy to take. Trey just wasn't smart at all, because he was thinking with his dick. Jackson on the other hand, just wanted to be done with everything. It was nice coming from him.

The end though and it just ended? What about (view spoiler)
Andy
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I really wanted this story to be a lot longer!! I feel cheated that it was just too short. I loved the main characters and their families, even though you only get a brief glimpse of them. Massive potential and definitely room for more books, I'd love if this was a series!
Staceyr
Nov 11, 2009 rated it liked it
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Jackson and Trey find each other in the midst of danger from an unknown stalker. Is it because of Jackson's position as a judge and a powerful crime family, his own father's desires for Jackson to fulfill his dreams, a jilted ex, or someone else.

These two men are instantly drawn each other with an intensity that borders on scorching hot. I wish I still had the stamina that these too do. It would be exhausting but oh so satisfying. A very intense and hot read.
Wyndslash
Apr 01, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the budding relationship between Jackson and Trey as well as the mystery in the beginning, but it sort of got rushed and I was surprised by the abrupt ending as well as the seemingly far-fetched solution to the mystery. I would like to see a sequel if that's possible, just to see how Jackson's relationship with his father would evolve after he decided to cut ties with him.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I keep thinking I haven't read m/m books and then I go back and see these books I've read 3 years ago! This was a cute and light story. The romance between the two men is quite sweet. I found it to be rather hot which disturbed me at the time when I first read it. Now looking back, I find that it's sweet.
Ebony
Jan 31, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a cutesy short read, one that you should enjoy if you like LGBT smut and are not looking for some great "epic". Although I have read better this is what I consider a fun, if one has very little to do and wants to play a bit with some fantasy imagery.
Erotic Horizon
Court Appointed: A Serving Love Story by Annmarie McKenna (2008)
Ineedavacay
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an easy quick read. The main characters are very like-able.
Sam
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Some nice writing spoiled by a plot that was all over the place. Struggled to get through it to the end.
Stephanie
Sep 02, 2013 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: 2008, amazon-com
Ana
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Liz Blue
I wanted to like this more than I did. Not enough sexual tension before they actually had sex; and then kaboom, they were in love.
Jas
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very well written.. I read the book in two hours. Was worth the read, and the characters were darn hot as a couple.
CB
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A sweet story. A little predictable but a fun afternoon read. I hope this author writes more m/m romances.
Lasha

You absolutely have to suspend disbelief for this book as the law enforcement aspects are so wrong. *g* If you just enjoy it as a whimsical romance, you are good to go.
Debbie
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author for me. REALLY enjoyed this. I LOVE M/M stories. I will be reading more from this author.
Sue bowdley
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book I've read from this author and I really liked it.....A good storyline and flowed quite easily.....Will look out for more from this author x
Lynnebaby
Mar 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: detective
2.5 stars. I was pretty ok. Wasn't a big fan of the dialogue or the resolution, but it was entertaining enough.
Simone
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Charity
M/M sexy times, not a plausible plot, but quick little read
  • Untamed Heart
  • Hot Ticket - A Serving Love Story
  • Seb's Surrender (Bodyguards in Love, #2)
  • Hide Out (Private Dicks, #2)
  • Pretty Man
  • Finding Home (Quinn Security, #1)
  • Bring The Heat
  • Tempestuous Relations (Mackenzie Twins, #1)
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Holed Up (Up to Trouble, #1)
  • My Father's Lover
  • Security
  • Picture Me Perfect (Sammy & Friends, #1)
  • Cruising (Men in Motion, #2)
  • Just For You
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • Bound by Love
Annmarie McKenna lives with her husband and five kids in the Midwest. Throw in a dog and a cat and she’s well over her limit for the average family. Luckily, writing fantasies has proven to be an excellent way to de-stress from her daily life of being a cleaning woman, chauffeur, cook and mom. Okay, cleaning woman—not so much. She leaves that to her hubby. Now if only she could figure out how to d ...more
More about Annmarie McKenna...

Serving Love (4 books)
  • For Love and Country (Serving Love)
  • Hot Ticket - A Serving Love Story