Start by marking “Adieu Gary Cooper” as Want to Read:
Adieu Gary Cooper

Adieu Gary Cooper

« Il mesurait un mètre quatre-vingt-huit, était blond, et on lui avait souvent dit qu'il ressemblait à un très jeune Gary Cooper. C'était le seul gars qui lui faisait quelque chose. Il avait même une photo de lui, qu'il regardait souvent. Les gars chez Bug Moran rigolaient, ils trouvaient ça marrant. "Qu'est-ce que ça peut te foutre, Gary Cooper ?" Lenny ne répondait pas ...more
Published January 1st 1992 by Gallimard (first published 1964)

To ask other readers questions about Adieu Gary Cooper, please sign up.
Faeze سلام . شما خیلی وقت پیش این سوال رو پرسیدین . احتمالا تا حالا جواب سوالتونو گرفتین . ولی خب شایدم نه . این جا امکان دانلود نیست .…moreسلام . شما خیلی وقت پیش این سوال رو پرسیدین . احتمالا تا حالا جواب سوالتونو گرفتین . ولی خب شایدم نه . این جا امکان دانلود نیست . (less)

Start your review of Adieu Gary Cooper
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Ski Bum = Adieu, Gary Cooper, Romain Gary
The Ski Bum is a novel by Lithuanian-French author Romain Gary (1914–1980). French translation was published in 1969 under the title 'Adieu Gary Cooper'. The novel tells the story of Lenni, a 21-year-old boy escaping from America, his country of birth, to pursue his dreams in the Alpine mountains of Switzerland. The story is about how he faces his obstacles with his logic.

تاریخ نخستین خوانش: ماه آگوست سال 2004 میلادی
عنوان: خداحافظ گاری کوپر؛ نویسنده:
Felek
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say about this book is WOW! Literally couldn't put it down, enjoyed it right up until the end.
Golshan Tabatabaie
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as did-not-finished  ·  review of another edition
DNF at page 55.

Just another book that's rambling on society, politics, relationships, culture and all of the conventional manners. I saw this book listed on 100 books you should read in a lifetime and I had high expectations but I struggled through the first 50 pages. The plot, if there's any, was messy and I couldn't figure it out between all those judgy statements about people.
Chris Gager
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I KNEW I'd read a book by Romain Gary. I couldn't find it yesterday, probably because it has a different title. Something about Gary Cooper???? So this is another oldie remembered but only after searching the author. I remember enjoying this one a lot. The drifting "hero" and his saintly/sexy girlfriend("built like a stripper") and her strange pals. Date read is a guess. The author was quite popular in the 60's and 70's and was married to the wayward Iowa waif Jean Seberg. And why are the ...more
Bahar Partovi
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You must never feel too sure of yourself and imagine that there's no danger around. Emotions. Love. Tenderness. Life propaganda, that's what it was. You had to watch it all the time. You fall for that and then life goes important on you.
Hanie
Jul 24, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a boy who trys to be free from obligations,and want to be a free man,and he knows how to enjoy life,but i think it could have a better end ,if he had remained a free man and left his love.
Amir
May 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of best photos I have read ever! I love it.
Emad Rahmanian
totally overrated in Iran. not one of his famous works in other countries. but overall it is a good book to read, it's an amazing experience. somehow we all want to be Lenni...
Narguess Sabetti
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Romain Gary talks. All people in this novel are Romain Gary and they talk in the same way. Such lecture-like talks from everyone's mouth in the novel really bothered me. (less)
nazli
Farzam
Aug 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Was The Best Book, The Best Book I've Ever Read...
I Really Liked It....
Many Things To learn from it...
The Atmosphere Of The Book Was Great :D
Read it :D
Shahdad Gi
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story is back during Vietnam War, combination of fear, hate and love! I read it for first time in Farsi version about 35 years ago and kept read it after while for several time. Just ordered English version, used book and hope to refresh my memory again from back those days. The book was introduced in persian as a Goodbye Gary Cooper not as The Ski-Bum. The main topic is “ FREEDOM FROM BELONGING”....
Thecritic
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The translation was very confusing and hard to read, but I enjoyed the story. Lenny is a scared boy, fleeing Vietnam war. He falls in love and gets involved with gold smuggling and mobs.
Arezou
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me months to finish the story, as it’s not a suspense book, but it’s beautifully written and I enjoyed reading every sentence!
Hamid Gaikani
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes this book is know as "The Ski Bum". It's one of the most impressive books I've ever read. I love the character Lenni, he's my hero!
Niggerinthewoodpile
Best book I ever read.
SaeedRahimiy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fan-bleeding-tastic
owlism
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I simply love the way this book mocks the whole human life with little shallow jokes!
Behnam Heydarshahi
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the only book that has made me cry. Still does. Every single time.
Chris
Stated out fun with the young ski bum in Switzerland having a great time skiing, casual no-strings sex, being crazy, exploring high mountains, defending himself from getting tied down by money or love. Perfect. Pure escapism and fantasizing for the reader...me. Then he gets involved in a smuggling scheme. That was OK, brought additional interest to the plot, while remaining lightweight. Then people died and he found God and a woman to love, despite swearing he never would settle down like ...more
Jonathan
Jul 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
Adieu Gary Cooper, as we can see the end of this proud and self-assured America embodied by Cooper. The heroes of this great novel are real young American, sympathetic, funny, but by the way lost, derelict in some sense, wandering in the word, trying to flee the shit of the word always higher, fleeing from the world.
Anyway this book loses its fifth star because of the sad happy ending. Why are we obliged to see that at the end love will win the battle, it is the victory of "the benign
Selman
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
This was easily the best love story I've read in about the last three years, that is after Fante's "Ask the Dust".

The novel had me even at the first pages and I was awestruck by the genuineness of it before I knew. Maybe it was just the right timing for me, I mean perhaps I needed to read such a book just now and here and that's why I loved it so much. I do not know. But nonetheless it felt utterly authentic and honest to the core which is more than enough for me to fall for it.
Elham  Nosrati
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked the book. There were some sentences in the book which made me pause, ponder and think.
At the same time, there are moments in the book that characters meet in a place while it is not probable to happen frequently. That I did not like.
If you read this book in any language other that its original language, translation must be really good. I read it in Persian translation by Soroush Habibi and the translation was disappointing.
Marceline
Feb 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. The beginning location is in the mountains and centered around skiing and I expected the rest of the book to follow suit. Instead it moved to Geneva and provided a very interesting snapshot of Genevan cafe and counter culture in the 70's with social commentary on diplomatic lifestyle. A great and unusual read.
aL
Mar 10, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: my friend becuz of some reasons
wowwwwwwwwwwwwww
i can just say wow, it changed my fucking world
i just thought Lenny is in me and i am in Lenny.
i also belive in all there is a Lenny which we try to hide ,but someday u have to deal with it
Samaneh
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was one of the funniest novels I've ever read (I mean the first chapter though the rest of it was ok too..and) a fine romance...at some levels it might help u think abt some serious matters , but not that much!!!
Mh.Hemlock
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really Liked the writer opinion about the veil that creats between persons with different languages and how actually communicating becomes easier with it.
was so touchable for me and... Tnx Romain <3
Bibi
May 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THe only book that I've read more than once, it's English translation is "the ski bum" I guess...
Felix Morgan
"But officer, can't you see we've lost our way in the materialistic wilderness?"
دربارۀ طرح روی جلد نسخۀ فارسی کتاب 5 181 Mar 28, 2015 07:31AM

• Suvashun
  • چراغ‌ها را من خاموش می‌کنم
  • خرده جنایت‌های زناشوهری
  • سه قطره خون
Romain Gary was a Jewish-French novelist, film director, World War II aviator and diplomat. He also wrote under the pen name Émile Ajar.

Born Roman Kacew (Yiddish: קצב, Russian: Кацев), Romain Gary grew up in Vilnius to a family of Lithuanian Jews. He changed his name to Romain Gary when he escaped occupied France to fight with Great Britain against Germany in WWII. His father, Arieh-Leib Kacew,
“کسانی که عقاید احمقانه شان را ابراز می کنند اغلب بسیار حساسند. هر قدر عقاید کسی احمقانه تر باشد کمتر باید با او مخالفت کرد” 54 likes
“کسی که سزاوار نام انسان باشد همیشه احساس ندامت می کند و این خود محکی برای شناختن انسانهاست” 47 likes