Start by marking “A Young Man's Fancy” as Want to Read:
A Young Man's Fancy

A Young Man's Fancy

Five Contemporary YA/NA stories about the lives and loves of incredible young men.

David – M. Tasia

Dumped and depressed, David flees town to work on remodeling a lake house for the summer without telling his best friend, Jacob. But best friends don’t leave each other hanging, and Jacob’s been missing David. Uninvited, but welcome at the lake house, Jacob engineers a hat-tri
Published May 27th 2021

To ask other readers questions about A Young Man's Fancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Young Man's Fancy

Start your review of A Young Man's Fancy
☆ Todd
May 29, 2021 marked it as maybe

I normally *loathe* reading Anthologies, but this Young Adult (YA) one may sound promising.

It's currently available for ARC request at:

Since there's no blurb on Goodreads, here's that info from NetGalley.

------------------------------------------------

A YOUNG MAN’S FANCY

Five YA/NA stories about the lives and loves of incredible young men.

David – M. Tasia

Guy Venturi
May 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Not just fancy. Perfect. Period. Matchmate.

Several stories by different authors about different boys who find the perfect love after battling difficult and challenging conditions created just for making you fall in love with them as you remember what you went thru to find the one for you. Maybe you were able to make it work. Maybe not. The gay live love scenarios tend to upset family, friends, workplaces, schools, and life.

But for some lucky guys in this book, things go more right that wrong. I
Annie (Annie's Readingtips)
This lovely YA/NA anthology holds five m/m romance stories about the lives and loves of young men trying to find out how to be true to themselves. The stories were all very different, some funny, some more heartfelt, but they were all such sweet and well-written tales about coming out and letting your best friend or neighbor long time crush know how you really feel.

In David by M. Tasia we get to meet David at his last day of high school, when his longtime boyfriend dumps him out of the blue. Dep
Shelley Chastagner
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for summer reading. All of these are YA/NA short stories and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

David - M. Tasia 4.5 stars
When he's dumped on the last day of school, David's reaction is understandable. Working far enough from home he isn't subjected to well meaning platitudes and being the subject of gossip. Jacob is his best friend and once he shows up to work along with David things turn around. Jacob has been waiting for David to finally see what was in front of him all along.

No Bunny
Emily Pennington
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Five-Story Collection . . .

I loved this collection of 5 contemporary YA/NA stories about the lives and loves of some incredible young men of high school and college age. I particularly enjoyed M. Tasia’s contribution of “DAVID”, a story line about David being callously dumped by Jeremy when finals were over, where the author shows us the full range of emotions that David went through as he experienced the betrayal and humiliation. And instead of turning to his best friend, Jacob, he quickly leav
Sara B
Jun 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book consists of multiple short stories by a variety of authors. I myself was only familiar with one author before this book, but I left with multiple favourites!

These stories ranged from coming out to being yourself and showed the different lives of young, gay boys. The perfect story was chosen as the last novella as it framed the entire book so nicely and left me feeling so happy and hopeful!

This book is perfect for if you want some light, short stories about love and hope. Highly recomme
Tamara
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This collection captures a lot of teen emotions, both angst and young love. The stories focus on teen males having crushes and first loves while also feeling with pressure from their social groups and families around coming out.

Each story is short and self-contained, and they cover different experiences and tones. I recommend this for someone who wants a YA read that circles around finding someone who understands your experiences. Some of the stories contain more romance than others. A couple w
Amanda
Jun 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
What a cute little anthology! A little short for me to review each story, but I will say even though they were all short each did feel like a full and complete short story, which is very difficult to do. Some of the stories weren’t exactly my cuppa, but that was all based on writing style not working with me, so it’s a me thing not the book thing. There were funny moments, tender moments, moments that made me angry, and moments that made me sad. It’s a small anthology that has it all in a bite s ...more
Terri
Jun 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good collection of stories. Each one was a solid 4 or 5 star read for me. The different authors wrote likable and believable main characters who were easy to care about. I loved the romances and the friendships brought to life. Some of the parents were wonderful, and some not so much, but the main characters were strong and stayed true to themselves. I recommend this anthology.
Amy
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
What a sweet compilation of stories that warm your heart and make you go ahh. I enjoyed reading these stories by these talented authors that I didn't want them to end.

Vicki
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, na, ya, netgalley
Overall, I enjoyed these short stories.
David - M. Tasia / 4.5
No Bunny Like You - Susan Mac Nicol / 2
Homecoming - Emily Mims / 3.5
Hold The Line - Kitty Bardot / 4.5
Shake Me Down - Elle Wright / 3.5
Bárbara
Jun 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by NetGalley*

The average of all the stories gives a result of 3.7 so I'll round it up for practical reasons.
It's probably the first time I have such good luck with an anthology. I'm used to more disastrous experiences.
I'm so happy I picked this one.
Jocelyn Whaley
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Young Man's Fancy is an anthology of YA/NA m/m romances. I don't usually read YA novels but I am a fan of M. Tasia. All the stories were wonderful and great reads. ...more
Nadia
Andrew
Jun 03, 2021
Parker
Jun 04, 2021
Goodreads Reviewe...: Reviewers Wanted - M/M Romance - A Young Man's Fancy 1 7 May 28, 2021 11:14AM
M. Tasia is an mm romance author who lives in Ontario, Canada. Michelle is a dedicated people watcher, lover of romance novels, 80’s rock, and happily ever afters (once the MCs are put through their paces), who grew up with a love of reading. She’s a firm believer that everyone deserves to have love, excitement, and crazy hot romance in their lives. Love should be celebrated and shared.

News & Interviews

'Tis the season of the beach read, that herald of summer sun and vacation vibes! Whether you're the type of reader who has very strict rules...