Start by marking “No Gentle Giant” as Want to Read:
No Gentle Giant

No Gentle Giant

Wall Street Journal bestselling author Nicole Snow returns with a steamy and electrifying standalone romance thriller where one ginormous protector goes all-in to win Miss Unlucky.

You know the drill. Big hands, big feet, humongous—
Yikes. We're not going there for the thousandth time.
I've got small-town problems aplenty and zero time for Paxton “Alaska” Charter.
Crushing on
Published June 5th 2021 by Ice Lips Press (first published June 3rd 2021)

To ask other readers questions about No Gentle Giant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Gentle Giant

Start your review of No Gentle Giant
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading

the biggest lie this book ever told was its title. i mean, was it trying to be sarcastic? am i missing the joke here?? cuz the hero was in fact a ~giAnT mUsh~. maybe with a little caveman tendencies, but he was otherwise too... approachable, friendly, charming, and unjaded for an ex-NAVY SEAL man. it wasnt a bad thing of course. some of you would probably love him cuz he was also such a doting father. it just put me off cuz for some reason i kinda expected him to be a grump.

meanwhile, t
Niki
Jun 07, 2021 rated it did not like it
This was torture!

I understand I am going to have the unpopular opinion here, but hey I can't help how I feel.

This book was way too long. Like I don't have a final page count and I would love to know it because this feels like it was 1000 pages too long. There was way too much "waxing poetic" and inner monologues. I wanted to DNF so bad.

Everything was so overly dramatic. Almost every sentence was it's own paragraph. As if every statement was so important and heavy with gravity that it had to st
Nicole Snow
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
No Gentle Giant by Nicole Snow

Stubborn giant. Single dad. Gorgeous small-town protector.
He's laying claim and it's go big or go home with my heart...

Hello, Goodreads! My latest book No Gentle Giant has landed with summer steam, heart-thumping suspense, and all the cozy small-town magic only Heart's Edge can bring. Add it to your reading pile and enjoy. Yes, you can read it as a standalone! <3

Available at the links below. FREE in Kindle Unlimited.

➜ AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/3wY0evn

➜ AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/2T0oxKo
Lauren Landish
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
PEOPLE. This book. I'm still in recovery. It's growly single dad giant meets spitfire who doesn't fall easy and it's brilliant. Alaska and Felicity elevate all the best things about Nicole Snow's small-town romance thrillers. Outstanding tension, funny banter for miles, a mystery that will keep you guessing, and so many emotional uppercuts and steamy, steamy scenes. Block off your calendar for some time alone with this book. Every last part of Alaska Charter is as big as his heart. Dive into No ...more
Villains Do It Better
Jun 08, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf-books
1.5 DNF Stars

Boring. And I honestly can't remember why I liked this series in the first place based on the latest books in it, unless the writing has completely changed. I'm sick of the flowery, trying-too-hard-to-be-poetic writing style. I don't know if this is a newer way this author is writing, or if my standards were just that much lower when I read the first books in the series🤔 so much of it is analogies and metaphors and the MC's droning internal thoughts that literally do nothing for the
Julie
Shelves: june, arc, 2021, booksprout

We return to Heart’s Edge, and we get to meet two of its newest residents. Plus. Catch up with all our previous favorites.

Heart’s Edge is the perfect town to raise his son; Alaska Carter is ready to build a home and settle down. What he has seen while working here is a great town, full of great people.

Felicity has been in Heart’s Edge her whole life. As with most small towns, everyone knows everyone, and she is always part of the gossip mill. She is trying to make a good life for herse
AℳY♔Teens against YA♔ GET IT LET IT ROLL
Time to fact check!!!
description

I'm not currently reading this book. I'm into a manga craze now, but I wanted to set the record straight cuz I can't stand inaccurate reviews on Goodreads. And even worse when they come from ARC's!

So subjectively speaking a book can be long, not for me cuz I'm a fast reader, but what about objective, undeniable length?
Here's some books that I finished in less that I subjectively found fast reading despite objectively being "long" books .
War (The Four Horsemen, #2) by Laura Thalassa Print Length
502 pages 2845 kb F
Keri Loves Books
She Found Her Peace

The passion in Heart’s Edge is about to heat up. Felicity has met her match in the new guy in town. A sexy, single dad who also happens to be a mountain of a man. His size may be intimidating, but his heart’s even bigger. The local coffee shop owner will finally get her very own HEA.

Alaska Charter is ready to lay down some roots, with his twelve year old son, in Heart’s Edge. It’s a great little town full of good people. He wants to build a home with his son and has no plans t
Linda Reads
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another passionate, poignant Heart’s Edge, Montana romance!
Ms. Snow’s stories are always about more than pure romance. We find in this book intrigue, a mystery and a beautiful love story. Phenomenal word pictures, the dive in Glass Lake, another was the wedding at the end. Oops…spoiler alert. Hey, you knew that would happen. Come on! Anyway, I could SEE it in my mind’s eye. Just lovely. Throughout there were moments I smiled, I gritted my teeth, I swooned and I even cried. So Good!
Felicity Randa
Hollyanne
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nicole Snow has done it again! I've loved every book that has Heart Edge in it, and this one is no different. This book is told from dual points of view from Felicity "Fliss" and Paxton "Alaska." Fliss is a cousin to one of the people we have met before, and Alaska works for Holt.

Fliss owns the coffee place in town. Alaska is there with his son working for Holt. Alaska goes to the coffee shop every day to get coffee for the crew. When he is there with his son, something happens, and it gets Alas
Lynn Thinking out loud
Finally Alaska's story, and what a story it is. There was just something about Alaska the drew me in in the previous books. Now I know what it was.
Felicity, poor Felicity could not catch a break. That is until Alaska and Eli come bursting into her life. I mean that literally.  I laughed and I cried with their story.
This couple together will blow your mind.
Brenda Motza
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First of all, Hello, that cover. Yes, please and thank you!

To ring the bell or not? That is the question.

I have to say this every time I read a Nicole Snow book, "God, that was good". Nicole just sucks you right into a mystery and it's glorious. Every written word is exquisite. You root for the hero's and wait for the downfall of the villain's. And how cool that we got see, don't say her name, but it starts with an "F" and the rest of the crew.

I binged this book so hard. The epilogue was epic an
Amanda’s Sweet Treats And Romance Deets
Y’all, I just can’t. I’m too upset. This is not a standalone. DNF at 31%.

Normally, if I start a book and I can’t finish it, I remove it from my profile and move on. But in this case, I can’t. I’m too upset about the way I’ve been deceived by the blurb and the author. This book is not a standalone. It’s part of a standalone series. The author assumes that the reader has read the rest of the Heroes of Heart’s Edge series.

I have no issue whatsoever with stand alone series. In fact, I sometimes pref
Viper Spaulding
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Felicity gets her own slice of wild Alaska!

"Foly. Huck. Yes, thank you, I’m already wrecked for words."

Yes, that's exactly how I feel after I've read a Nicole Snow book!  Innovative phrasing, vibrantly descriptive prose, epilogues so sigh-worthy they set the standard for all romance novels - these are the elements that make her books truly unputdownable.  Here's an example of the kinds of descriptions that are one of my favorite parts of a Nicole Snow book:

"It’s like one day the creator of the u
Linda Dunn
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever...

Heart's Edge never lacks excitement and this story is a doozie. Felicity owns the town's coffee shop called "The Nest". She struggles with a jaded reputation leftover from her dad who died under suspicious circumstances.

Alaska is a huge bear of a man who is a single dad who loves his son unconditionally. He is skittish about starting any kind of relationship after his divorce. But Felicity catches
Elsie Pitt
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really am awestruck after reading this book! I think this is one of BEST books in this series! I absolutely loved the play on words with Alaska and Eli. I feel enamored by her shininess! Do not forget to thank her for it! Thank you Nicole! I really enjoyed this addition and am looking forward to more in this universe!

Jun 06, 2021 rated it liked it
An admission upfront....I've read all of this series except for Holt's book. I became frustrated by the series but I decided I really wanted to read Felicity's story so I dove in. Felicity is running The Nest and would love her life but her father's bad behavior in the past keeps on causing her issues. Alaska has decided that he and his son should make the town their forever home. When Felicity and Alaska as forced to deal with each other because of a bunch of broken mugs, they realize that ther ...more
Cathy
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dare To Love a Polar Bear

I love the Heroes of Heart’s Edge series! Paxton “Alaska” Charter is a mountain of a man and Felicity Randall moves that mountain as no woman ever has. But Felicity is in danger. Can Alaska protect both Felicity and his young son?
B.
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alaska & Felicity’s Story Is Beautifully Written From Beginning To End! Felicity From The Nest Finally Gets Her HEA. Get Ready To Fall In Love With Holt’s Supervisor, Alaska. The Giant Of A Man & Single Father Steals Felicity’s Heart When He Steps In To Help Her Get Out Of The Mire Her Father Left Behind. Don't Forget To Download The Free Flash Forward Via The Link At The End Of The Book!

The Heroes of Heart's Edge series is back with a new but familiar hero and a new mystery in book seven. Alask
Celeste
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heart’s Edge has grown by two. Welcome the Charter boys…. well can a near seven-foot-tall man be considered a boy? No Gentle Giant by Nicole Snow is the latest story to come out of Heart’s Edge and it is a tree topper of a book. Snow has taken this small town in a different direction this time and left the previous Galentron story behind. Do not fear, all your favorite heroes from the previous books make an appearance and show how the town really comes together. As with all of Snow’s books I lov ...more
Brenda Moser
Jun 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Nicole Snow who once again brings strong characters in Felicity and Paxton as well as his twelve year old son Eli. She does a fantastic job building the story with a bit of mystery ,twists and turns and tons of steam. She paints her scenes perfectly and moves the story fluidly as she delivers a terrific read.

Ri
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

There isn't much more I can say about this author that I haven't said before. She is insanely talented an give my heart a run for my money.

Strong characters, fantastic storyline, and chemistry galore. I love these innerconnected well done.
Poppy1102
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of Nicole's work - and I adore her Hearts Edge series! No Gentle Giant is the latest installment...

Felicity owns the local coffee shop and all is not as it seems!! Poor Fliss has trouble going on behind the scenes and damn, that girl needs a break!!
Then we have Alaska, the gentle giant. Fliss is not the only woman in town to have a crush on him and good guy that he is, doesn't have a clue! But his obliviousness is because he won't let himself notice women, with a 12 year old son i
Pat
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Felicity and Alaska kept me totally captivated as their story developed from page to page! The plot was well-written and well planned with characters that were so well created that I couldn't put this book down until the very last page was turned! ...more
Frances Hernandez
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received this ebook ARC from the author on the condition that I write an honest review.
This beautifully written story of true love, determination, and family, all centered around so much adversity, just hooks the reader from the very first chapter.
Alaska is a single father, living with his son Eli, and both new to Hearts Edge. He is a hard worker, trying to make life good for his son. He is a former Seal and has become friends of all the heroes of Hearts Edge.
Felicity”Fliss”, is a local reside
lf
Jun 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes letting others in is all it takes to find your way to peace and love

No Gentle Giant is a standalone but I would say very closely adjacent to the Heroes of Heart's Edge series. The story is based in Heart's Edge, Montana and there are some character cross-overs. You can definitely read No Gentle Giant without reading any of the Heart's Edge series but if you do then you will recognize characters and get a bit more out of the story. Now for the review.............No Gentle Giant is a bri
Terri Zumbrook
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
The story in the little town that has a whole lot of bad luck continues with Felicity, the owner of The Nest coffee shop getting to know one of her customers and his son.

This is a story with a very hot, protective, mild mannered former SEAL raising his son outside his native Alaska by working construction jobs. Eli is a charming, inquisitive boy with a thing for photography.

We learn that Felicity has been plagued with misfortune most of her life due to her father’s choices. He dies under suspic
Carol 27
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I always thought Felicity Randall was somewhat aloof, with few friends on the previous occasions we’d encountered her in the small Montana town of Heart’s Edge. I certainly couldn’t have guessed at the true reason for her self-inflicted, detached behaviour. Or, for her deep desire to not burden friends and family with the trouble she’d inherited, choosing instead to keep it a secret.

While I quite enjoyed this story, I found Felicity to be rather frustrating at times, with her constant self-doub
Savannah Medina
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy mind blowing goodness!

After every disaster in Heart's Edge, the villains and the explosions and the terror, it's still one of my absolute favorite places on literary earth. Felicity and Alaska's story is no less worthy of my love, my utter adoration for this town and it's unlikely band of heroes.
But HOLY STEAMY GOODNESS BATMAN! What an adventure! I've been waiting for the secrets lurking in Felicity's past for what feels like ages, and I was NOT prepared for this! And Alaska... oh Alaska!
Kentucky Bohemian (Grace)
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of alpha heroes
BLISS.
I love the Heart's Edge stories with their alpha heroes and strong, smart women who love them. Each trip to this place is a little piece of heaven.

While the female lead, Felicity, is well known to the residents of Heart's Edge, our hero is a recent addition...and what an addition he is! Only a true man could swagger with a name that sounds more like it came from the Travelocity site, but Alaska Charter has no problem with his swagger or his swoon factor. In fact, I think I got the vapors
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Nicole Snow is a Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author. She found her love of writing by hashing out love scenes on lunch breaks and plotting her great escape from boardrooms. Her work roared onto the indie romance scene in 2014 with her Grizzlies MC series.

Since then Snow aims for the very best in growly, heart-of-gold alpha heroes, unbelievable suspense, and swoon storms aplenty.

C