Start by marking “Tricked (Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Tricked (Book 1)

Tricked (Book 1)

I always hid in the shadows, feeling invisible. Simple, carefree, happy yet aimless...that was me.

But everything changed the night that I met Matthew Devaro.

I was mesmerized by his raw power and quiet authority. He looked like something out of a Grecian myth: so chiseled, refined and devastatingly handsome. He was easy to talk to and I thought we clicked.

A chat at a bar,
Kindle Edition, 1 , 290 pages
Published June 22nd 2021

To ask other readers questions about Tricked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tricked

Start your review of Tricked (Book 1)
Monica
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for tricked!

If you’re into a good slow burn, enemies to lovers, billionaire romance this one is for you. I fell in love with the characters. It was a fun and refreshing story about a simple country girl, Josephine who meets this billionaire, Matthew during her highschool reunion. However, how they end up together is actually quite comical and completely unexpected.
~
Unlike other books, Jo is able to find herself and her confidence without the help of Mattew.
Amanda Te
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was so happy and exited when author reached me and offered to read her book. I checked what it is about and one sentence of “Billionaire romance” made me want to join in and read the new upcoming book.

Tricked is about young girl, who was bullied, pushed around and finally gets guts to stand for herself at the high school reunion, but when adrenaline went off, she accidentally meets one a hell good looking guy when she pukes on his shoes. After that, even that is not enough, she is being tricke
Kayla
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5*

This was such a cute lighthearted book. I was hooked from the first second! The main character is just so relatable that you can’t help loving her! Not to mention the smoking hot love interest! The book was very well written and was a nice smooth read. I loved that the majority of the book was set in Italy. It was nice to get to read a little bit about Rome and Italy. The only thing that kind of bothered me was how the whole issue arose. Being drugged / married by a random stranger seemed a
book_fairy13
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC for this book and I fell in love with this book.
I read it in 1 go, I didn't want to do anything except read what happened next! This is nothing like something ever read and it is definitely unique and mind-blowing!!

I loved Josephine, I found myself relating to her a lot. She just wants a peaceful life, for herself and her family. She has a lot of potentials to grow and is still figuring herself out. A lot of people see it as a bad thing but in reality, sh
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Tricked is a fake relationship/billionaire romance, with a dashing heroine. Josephine and Matthew end up accidentally married. He has an image to uphold and so they fake pretend for the sake of it.
Which isn't as easy as it seems when Matthew's got an on and off girlfriend Leila. She's the epitome of beauty, sadly she's as exualy rotten on the inside. Every chance she gets, she puts Jo down, and Matthew belives anything Leila says. His mother isn't much better. The only true friend she has is his
Nadiya Lanerolle
Jun 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Tricked was not my usual cup of tea but it sure kept me awake all night trying to get to the juicy end! Both characters see such development through out the entire book both in how the live and how they love. This appealed to me as a woman in her mid- thirties.

It's always good to hear an underdog story, and this was full of cute twists and incredible turns. It was a rom com on a rainy night or comfort food on your period. It was incredibly satisfying to read and a real escape for me.

Read it if
Donna Bartley
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to read the ARC of this book. I had no idea what to expect, but one thing is for sure I didn't expect to stay up all night and read it in one sitting!!

The story flows at the perfect pace, not too slow that you get bored, or too fast that you feel like something is missing. You get sucked in from the first chapter and instantly fall in love with the female MC.

I can not wait to see what happens in the next book. I have already messages R.M.T.Jay to tell her to HURRY UP and get the seco
Aine
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book. I really enjoyed it, I read the whole book in one sitting. I just couldn't put it down! It's the perfect easy read for summer. You feel as if you're right there in Italy while reading the book. Covid means summer holidays are looking unlikely, but reading this book is the next best thing!

This is only the first book in the series, but it already feels like there has been so much character development. I love that Jo stands up for what she believe
Mrsandmother
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tricked was a great read. I do love a slow burn and that's what you get in this book. One night is all it takes to change the course of your life for good.
After suffering the fall out of a trick a con man played on them, Josephine and Matthew are stuck with each other for the foreseeable.  Despite only just meeting they have no choice but to try and make the most of the situation they've been forced into. Plenty of outside influences bring the drama upping the angst, and I loved how Josephine is
Oshadhi Peiris
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
So I got an ARC of the first book of the Tricked Series by @rmtjay_books !! I got it exactly when I had finished a very slow book & was looking for a fast paced read.

Jo, a young girl who is still figuring out her future, meets Matthew who is insanely wealthy & good looking. Due to an unexpected twist of fate their lives become bound together in a way they would have never imagined!!

It was a quick read & some fun drama that kept me turning the pages! Most of the story is based in Italy & readin
Zohara Madaney
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was kindly gifted an ARC copy.

Really enjoyed this! Jo and Matthew were so good together. Even though I wanted to punch Matthew in the face at times. He turns out to be fine. Josephine was such a sweet Heart. I loved this heartwarming romance with all the ups and downs that comes with a new adventure, a new country, new friends and finding love. Amazing enemies to lovers story. Looking forward to reading what happened next.
Sumaira Malik
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of this from the author and I wasn’t at all sure what to expect as I don’t usually read romances. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised the writing style was really good nothing cheesy or cringey. The story although predictable was entertaining and I read it all in one day and I’m now keen to read the next two books to see what happens next! Would love to see this as a tv show or movie as well!
Mary Grace
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
enjoying the story of a rural American family, told through a relatable inner monologue, as Jo begins to search for her life path. Despite her youth, Jo makes me feel like I'm listening to an old soul describe how different she is from the crazy kids in the modern era, and how she is making light of her need to adapt. The imagery has made me laugh out loud . ...more
Aswini
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I finished it in one sitting!
This was exactly the kind of book I needed at the moment as I was going through a slow read.. I loved that the book was fast paced, adventurous with the right amount of drama!
One other thing I loved about the book is the setting being in Rome instead of the typical US or the UK. Made me wanna travel, and well, that's not happening anytime soon..
I cannot wait to read the next book to see how their story unfolds!
Kennedy
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this book! It had just the right amount of tension, romance and adventure for me! Usually I don't read many contemporary romance books but this book I read in one sitting!! I highly recommend reading this series (especially if you like Paper Princess or Anna And The French Kiss). ...more
Amanda Quinn
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Josephine is a down to Earth girl who lives on a farm in Texas whose life will forever be changed by the aftermath of her high school reunion.

Matthew appears to be a an incredibly pompous rich boy from a wealthy Italian family. Will meeting Josephine give him some perspective?

Natalia is a dream, while Laila is the devil!

This was a fun summer read. From the get go I instantly loved Josephine and her ability to take no shit from women bullies. She is very confident in her sense of self, which I
Andrea ( books_fiction_desire )
I received this ARC from this author for my honest review

I had a bit of hard time to get to this debut novel knowing that is very clean and by that I mean there is no 🔥🔥🔥. But as I started reading it I got completely consumed by it and I really enjoyed it all the way to the end. And now I am really eager to find out more and see how the story goes all the way to the end.

Matthew and Jo both get scammed by a con and ended up in a sham marriage. Jo wants to save her ranch in Texas and Matthew want
Nerea Blackthorn
Jun 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for sending me an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Two people. One night. What could happen between a shy woman and a mysterious man in a night?
This book is more than a contemporary romance novel. This book talks about many topics: university, life, friendship, bullying, harassment, family, home.
The author writes so fluently that the characters feel so real— i loved that! It's difficult to achieve this, and this author has done it. It's one of my favor
Sahani Perera, The Book Sherpa
“… I would normally just run for cover in tears or stay silent and take it, but then something clicked, a quiet realization: I'm not ready for all the crap that happened in high school to spill out into my real world. I don't want to get trampled on and insulted anymore. This isn't ok, It's never been ok, and I don't have to take it. I don't want to be a pushover and good ol’ invisible girl forever. And I certainly don't want to be treated like this for a minute longer.” (p.20)

When Josephine me
BetweenthepagesX
Aug 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was my first ARC read ever and it was SO good. Thank you R.M.T.Jay for the ARC!

My days were turned into chaos and I was searching for a light read with a slow burn romance for me to get lost in. That was when I came across this book. The cover was so gorgeous and when I read the blurb I knew this was what I needed at the moment.

Let me start off with the setting,When I found out it was set in Italy, My favourite place ever, I was thinking, can it BE any better. It's like you wrote this just
Reading With Lola
Jun 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tricked (book #1) by R.M.T. Jay

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

::: SPOILER-FREE REVIEW :::

Rating: 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Book coming: June 22nd

Story follows Jo, a young girl trying to figure out her future. She meets Matthew, a very wealthy and good looking man. Because of an unexpected twist of fate their lives became bound together in a way they have never imagined!!

It's official I'm a fan of R.M.T. now. This book was more than great. It was fabulous. This woman crawled inside my mind and c
Chathurika
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
I signed up for an ARC of this book even though it is not my usual genre. I was curious and my curiosity was satisfied. The book follows Josephine Arquette, a quiet introvert who has always been an 'invisible girl'. She has no direction in life and is just happy to live at Tessa (her family ranch) and pass the days away. That all changes the night of her high school reunion, where one very out of character action leads her on an adventure of a lifetime with Matthew Devaro, handsome, cold, distan ...more
Skyler
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was one of the lucky people who got to read an ARC for this book! Being the first book in the series, I think it sets everything up perfectly. It's such an enjoyable slow burn that I am already antsy to get my hands on the second book!

I love the author's writing style! Most of the book is in first person, but sometimes there are moments where it is a narrator explaining what is going on. This is such a cool narration style and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The pacing is really nice. I love how the r
Michelle The Outgoing Bookworm
A rather short story that held my interest throughout.

Josephine and Matthew are polar opposites. But a chance trick forces them to be together.

I enjoyed Josephine because though young she was feisty. She grew as a person in this story. Now Matthew made me want to throttle him. He was so arrogant and just an ass. Though will say he started to be redeemable towards the end.

The story will continue in the next books and I look forward to see how it unfolds. Should prove very interesting.

* I received
Rehana Di
Aug 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling read, I couldn't put it down!
I highly recommend this book for an exciting, easy read. The characters are interesting and the well written story allows you to go on the journey with them as they evolve. There are moments of frustration, disbelief, triumph and heart. Can't wait for the next book!
BookishSelections Selina
About a week ago, I received an ARC copy of the first book in the Tricked series in exchange for a review. I don’t usually read contemporary romance, so this was a bit of a change for me, but I did enjoy this book! It was a very fun, quick, and light read. Throughout the book, Josephine’s naïve nature was something that I think many of us could have related to at some points in our lives. There were many instances where I was very frustrated with Josephine as I wished she would stick up for hers ...more
Mariya T (msbookworld)
Jun 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Disclaimer: I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review

This is the author's debut novel and I think the overall story has a lot of potential. However, I believe that I would have enjoyed this one a lot more if certain things had been done a bit differently.

Even if a book is not my favorite I like to start out my review with the thing or things that I enjoyed about it. The main thing that I liked ab
Danna González
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ebook was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book was so much fun! It’s about Jo who after finishing highschool she decided to stay to help in her family farm. She lives a simple life and she’s satisfied until she’s invited to a highschool reunion where all her old bullies are reunited and seem like they haven’t changed at all since school.

Jo’s sister begs her to go, things go down unexpectedly and the whole night turns out to be pretty eventful in ways not plann
Ana-Mariya  Chankova
Jun 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was really good. It's the debut book from this author and it's book one if three of the Tricked Series.

I really enjoyed the writing style and the POV is both from Josephine's perspective, but also there were some third person POV so that we can get an idea of some of what the other characters were thinking.

This first book is definitely more of an introduction to the characters and the different places. I loved the fact that there is quite a lot of travelling and the description of pl
Melwyn
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I got an arc of this book and to be honest she had me hooked from “billionaire romance”
And what did I think about it?
I liked Josephine even if her naive nature got a tad annoying at times and I just wanted her to stand up for herself but the fact that she apologizes to everyone for things that aren’t her fault is relatable to a lot of people including me which gave her a more realistic aspect. I can’t wait to see more of the badass jo that we saw near the end of the book.
On to Mathew, he’s your

• Unturned Rubbles: A Standalone Novella
  • Untamed Devil (Nashville Devils #2)
  • Bed of Nails (Sons of Sin Book 2)
  • A King of Beasts
  • Breathe Again (Bridgewater #2)
  • Find Me (WITSEC #1)
  • Live Again (Bridgewater #1)
  • Within You
  • A Beauty So Cursed
  • Feel Again (Bridgewater, #3)
  • A Kiss Of Venom
  • Charger (Steel Valley Chains MC, #1)
  • The Crowns of Croswald (The Crowns of Croswald Series, #1)
  • King of Darkness (The Malefica, #2)
  • First Comes Blood (Promised in Blood, #1)
  • Bound by Passion (Born in Crime, #3)
  • The Stable Boy (Dreamhaven Duet #1)
  • Moonlight Drive