Start by marking “The Book of Bunny Suicides” as Want to Read:
The Book of Bunny Suicides

The Book of Bunny Suicides

(Bunny Suicides #1)

Rabbits. We'll never quite know why, but sometimes they decide they've just had enough of this world- and that's when they start getting inventive. The Book of Bunny Suicides follows over one hundred bunnies as they find ever more outlandish ways to do themselves in. From an encounter with the business end of Darth Vader's lightsaber, to supergluing themselves to a diving ...more
Published December 30th 2003 by Plume (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Bunny Suicides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Bunny Suicides

Start your review of The Book of Bunny Suicides
Lynn
Sep 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing
i have to meet this man so that i can ask him when the
in came to his mind. Oh yeah, and what was he
doing at the time. In church? Changing his
oil? Filling out a tax form?

Then the next thing I'd want to know is whether
it was difficult to come up with all these
mostrous ways to say goodbye. I mean-did the bunny
in the lobster tank with the scuba gear just come
to him?

And then finally I'd tell him about standing in a
bookstore in Rome with the Italian versi
Florencia
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: I can't answer that.
Riley should be medicated. And I really liked this apparently simple book of cartoons, so I'm in no better shape. This is all Tim Burton's fault. He led me to this book and now, I can't stop. I love humor, and this is my favorite kind.

This book contains some hilarious, twisted, macabre, weird and tender stuff. I admit I felt a little guilty because I was laughing while some depressed little bunnies that were tired of living, decided to leave this world in a memorable and effective way. But I co
Ivan
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Poor bunnies.

This was very funny in dark, morbid kind of way.
Etienne
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious! I laugh at every single page of it! There is mostly no words, just simple sketch of bunny killing themselves. It's stupid I know. But God it was funny!!
Jon Nakapalau
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, comics
If you like the work of Edward Gorey you will enjoy this book.
Lauren Montgomery
SICK, TWISTED, WRONG, AND HILARIOUS.
Mariah Roze
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This is probably one of the weirdest books that I have ever read... hahaha
David Schaafsma
Nov 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
One page jokes with multiple ways bunnies might have committed suicide by British author/artist Riley. Funny, and because they are so WRONG, they will be hilarious to many people, like Helen Keller jokes or Ethiopian hunger jokes, etc. Crossing the line is what comedy is about, most of the time, seems to me, as that film about the Greatest Joke in the World discussed and demonstrated… the one who went the farthest got the most laughs… very interesting. So suicide is NOT an okay topic to laugh ab ...more
Somayeh
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it
"..very imaginative, very funny, very worrying if you are the author's mother" :D

Melissa Chung
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
I got this graphic novel in a Bookoutlet box on accident. I didn’t buy it, it was just randomly put in there for whatever reason. This book has been sitting in a pile on my floor for a good two years. The author also wrote Gnomeo and Juliet the animated cartoon.

I found this graphic novel to be a very quick read. The illustrations were quite good. There were only about three pages with words so the majority, you just looked at pictures of different graphic ways rabbits could kill themselves.

Thi
Lisa Vegan
This is undoubtedly the most perverted book I’ve ever read. It’s also ingenious, and it’s very funny.

My favorite suicidal bunnies are the “Beam me up Scotty” and “Noah’s Ark” and also the “airplane toilet” and, and, and so many others.

I’m reminded a little of Gary Larson and I love The Far Side. Here though, it’s all bunnies, all suicidal, all the time.

I see that there are other books of additional suicidal bunnies. I’m not sure how many more variations this author/illustrator can come up with,
Rachel
Oct 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, 2012
I don't know what it says about me as a person, but I proudly display this book and The Gashlycrumb Tinies on my physical bookshelf at home. I think they are delightful and they make me smile. Why do I find suicidal little bunnies charming and endearing? I probably don't want to know, I just know that I do. Such creative and imaginative little critters they are were. ...more
Anna Kļaviņa
Jun 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
I like dark humour and I think my sense of humour is OK. This little book grabbed my attention and I found the first drawings amusing but soon I was bored.

And what the point of this book? To raise awareness or just make fun of people who have suicidal tendencies/consider suicide?

Mimo
Sep 10, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People with a twisted sense of humor
Shelves: adult-fiction
Suicide is never funny, unless those who are doing themselves in are cartoon fluffy bunnies. I felt a little guilty laughing at it, but couldn't help myself. The cartoons were just too funny not to. My favorite was the bunny who stood on only half a circle to be beamed up on star trek.
binnudeya
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you want to read about a fluffy cute white bunny committing suicide in a very funny-creative kinda way, then here ya gooo.
Sarah Alirezaee
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant ideas! so funny! so tragic! :))

Read it online!
мини тяло
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Extraordinary & disturbing. ...more
Erica
Nov 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: depressed/morose bunnies
I was curious to read this book after learning of the many controversies -- and attempted pulling from shelves of outraged patrons at various libraries.

What, I wondered, was so devastatingly horrible that it was a such a danger to humanity?

As it turns out, a book of cartoons about some very sad little bunnies offing themselves. It's a spiral of misery, beginning with the first noose tied to the arms of a Big-Ben like clock to the use of a mini-trampoline and a helicopter.

I do wonder how many sma
Jemppu
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Succinctly presented, adorably morbid and inventive delights.
Arnaud
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Entertaining, very short too. I guess I didn't know what to expect of this booklet of cartoons. it's okay :-)
Ms. Smartarse
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
If you want to make people curios, then naming your work "The Book of Bunny Suicides" is definitely an excellent starting point.

I, for example, instantly started thinking up various scenarios where the title would turn out to be some clever metaphor for one thing or another... Well, to be more accurate I pretended to come up with said clever things. Figures of speech and I have never really seen eye-to-eye, so all I can do is vaguely imitate the process of analyzing them. Briefly, because I get
harlequin {Stephanie}
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's ridiculous & wrong on so, so many levels. Wouldn't recommend for children period. Most adults would enjoy the humorous ways the bunnies attempt to die.

Mhmm... On that note, I'm gonna go to my therapy session now. Doctor, I think I might be chemically imbalanced.
Hizatul Akmah
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
one question: WHY BUNNY WHYYYY?!! and tbh i'm so worried about the author lol i'm not even his mother. idk whether to laugh or weep while reading it. the illustrations seem so depressing and melancholic at best.
Rachel
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This book has parody scenes from films such as Star Wars and The Wicker Man and has references to different periods and events throughout history. The book seems fairly simple on the surface, but there's a lot of background in this that I appreciate.
Laugh at the pain, laugh with the pain.
Jeanne
Jun 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: suicidal peeps
laugh at/with the pain... it's all we can do.
Hilda
May 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Bunny. Suicide.

Okay.

Well, astonishing mixture. I don't really get the moral of the book (is there any?). Still, fun read. A good laugh.
James
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Had to read this since we found our pet rabbit dead Saturday morning. We're ruling it a suicide!
Helena
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
You can find my thoughts here: http://embracingmybooks.blogspot.be/2... ...more
Alex Sarll
13 years old now, which itself is crazy, but I received it as a stocking filler in 2016. And boy, if ever there was a book whose year had come...
A Bookish ✧ Fable
A book my dad bought me when I was 9. Best reading experience 10/10

• The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • FRUiTS
  • Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas: The Film, the Art, the Vision
  • All My Friends Are Dead
  • The Gashlycrumb Tinies (The Vinegar Works, #1)
  • Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors.
  • Go the F**k to Sleep
  • Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book
  • 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides
  • Gnomes
  • Simon's Cat: Beyond the Fence (Simon's Cat, #2)
  • The World of Edward Gorey
  • The Doubtful Guest
  • Cyanide and Happiness
  • All My Friends Are Still Dead
  • The Far Side Gallery 2
  • Griffin and Sabine (Griffin & Sabine #1)
Andy Riley is a cartoonist and scriptwriter from Britain.
He drew a weekly strip cartoon for The Observer Magazine called Roasted, which is also collected in hardback edition. So far his books have sold around one and a half million copies and have been published in eighteen countries, producing calendar, greetings card and poster spin-offs. Lucky Heather is his self-published mini-comic.
His comedy